[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Once a upon a time in Hyrule, there was a man of the Sheikah
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8
File: 1000[1].png (1 MB, 1000x1381) Image search: [Google]
1000[1].png
1 MB, 1000x1381
Once a upon a time in Hyrule, there was a man of the Sheikah who lived in Kakariko Village who had the ability to see things that were invisible to the naked eye. With this ability, he enjoyed going to the graveyard to converse with the spirits of the dead. One day he met the soul of a man who in his past life was a member of a musical troupe where he would play the bongos. The man was so talented that people nicknamed him as Bongo Bongo. However Bongo Bongo had a dark secret in that he was a murderer who enjoyed torturing his victims. For many years, he killed people, going about the murders in a slow and brutal fashion until one day, he decided to sneak into Hyrule Castle and murder a member of the royal family and he was successful in doing so. However he wasn't successful in getting away with the murder and was eventually captured by Hyrule's Royal guard.. For his crimes, he was executed by beheading.

Continued in next post
>>
I'm gay.
>>
With his insatiable blood lust during his life time however, Bongo Bongo's spirit managed to remain tied to the world of the living instead of moving on to the afterlife, his spirit gradually grew more and more malevolent until one day, he managed to possess the Sheikah man he met in the graveyard. Using his body, Bongo Bongo proceeded to go back to his murderous ways and built an elaborate dungeon underneath the man's home where he would kidnap citizens and travelers in Kakariko and bind, torture and kill them. After many years of committing murders, Bongo Bongo's reign of terror came to an end once again when his spirit was exorcised from the man's body by a young Impa and several others. His spirit was placed within one of the man's eyes which was removed from his head and placed deep within the dungeon. Over time however, Bongo Bongo's spirit grew even more in power and started to transform the corpses of the people he murdered, turning them into redeads. To prevent the redeads from causing any havoc to Kakariko, the Sheikah man's home was demolished. The hole leading to the dungeon was filled with water and turned into the well you now see today. Bongo Bongo remained sealed in the well for many years until one day, Link came along and drained the water from it to explore it.

After Bongo Bongo was first sealed, the Sheikah man was still feeling traces of the evil spirit's power within him as evident by his glowing red eye. He left Kakariko to avoid being driven insane by his power and going back to committing murders. One day, Adult Link meets a man in the ruined Hyrule Castle town who likes to collect spirits, this man is in fact the same Sheikah man from Kakariko. The bongos you hear playing in the music when you're in the building and the glowing red eye emanating from his hood is a reminder of his history with Bongo Bongo.

Continued in next post
>>
Is this OC? I'm interested.
>>
File: Impa[1].png (70 KB, 240x324) Image search: [Google]
Impa[1].png
70 KB, 240x324
Continuing with the story, the creature that Link kills in the well to obtain the Lens of Truth during the child timeline was in fact one of the things keeping Bongo Bongo's power sealed and by killing it, the spirit gradually started to regain some of his power and even more over the course of time. During the 7 year gap, Bongo Bongo's power evolved to the point that it become very overwhelming, his power seeped out of the well, making Kakariko's citizens sick and disrupting the atmosphere which caused a few small fires and corroded buildings. The town responded to this by sealing the dungeon again only this time with rocks to prevent someone from getting back inside. Several years later however, with the dark influence of Ganondorf's power, Bongo Bongo's spirit managed to completely break free of his seal and took on a physical yet blob like form. The spirit then rushed through the dungeon to escape it causing several fires to the buildings in Kakariko in the process as you'll see later in the game. He manages to escape to the Shadow Temple and used it's power to transform into a large and invisible human like form with the glowing red eye of the Sheikah man as it's head. Impa trekked into the temple on her own to try and seal the spirit once again however she couldn't see the creature and couldn't contain it's immense power and thus was mortally wounded by it. Link would eventually journey deep into the temple and with the sword of evil's bane and defeat the evil spirit once and for all.
>>
KING KONG
>>
>>341845908
I'VE
GOT
KING
KONG
IN
THE
TRUNK
>>
The truth is, Bongo Bongo's hands are cut off because they wanted a boss who's attack patterns were based on hand's slapping, but on the N64, attaching those giant hands to a body with arms would look silly, not to mention the hands are out of proportion with the body. They're much larger than they should be in relation to the body, so it would look really silly attached. It's the same reason that Andross' hands floated, technical limitations. Sorry the answer is so simple and un-mysterious.
With that out of the way, say they decided to pull a Valve and retcon that shit, here are a few things to keep in mind:
All of the bosses in OoT existed prior to Ganondorf's rise to power.
They were corrupted somehow when the game began.
Other than Phantom Ganon, Ganondorf generally didn't create the monsters himself
Don't forget one this little clue from the game
"A long time ago... There was a man in this very village who had an eye they said could see the truth! Now usually, you have to train your mind's eye most strenuously to actually see the truth... But this fella, no, they say he had a different way of doing things... His house stood where the well is now..."
I WANT TO POINT OUT THAT OP PROBABLY JUST STOLE WAS INFLUENCED THIS THEORY FROM THE ZELDA WIKI
It is speculated that Bongo Bongo's hands are separate from its body because they were cut off as a punishment for stealing the Lens of truth...
>>
Truth (which is found in the well, where its house used to be, if it is indeed the same person the old man was referring to),[1] because cutting off the hands of thieves was a common punishment in medieval times. Its head also seems to have been cut off, suggesting it was executed, as there are guillotine type obstacles in the shadow temple.
Since the monsters in Hyrule existed prior to and after Gannondorf's rule, they are clearly not creations of Gannondorf either. With this in mind, think about Wall Masters/Floor Masters. They look extraordinarily similar to Bongo Bongo's hands.
As for his name, the Japanese version is "Ankoku Genei Kedamono Bongo Bongo", so clearly the boss was designed with the idea that his hands would be a big part of the battle. This explains his name, as well as the drum surface you fight on.
They conceptualized the boss, but just couldn't make arms work on the N64 architecture, especially considering the way the hands themselves moved. Now, this wouldn't be the first time Nintendo retconned something that was originally put in place due to technical limitations (Mario's Mustache and Overalls anyone?).
The above post is what happens when a college aged gamer stays up all night smoking bud, but I think somebody might find it interesting. Here's the link to the Zelda Wiki for Bongo Bongo.http://www.zeldawiki.org/Bongo_Bongo . Keep in mind, a lot of it is speculation on there.
>>
>>341845696
thread is gud keep going
>>
I'd fuck Bongo Bongo.
>>
File: forest.jpg (41 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
forest.jpg
41 KB, 500x495
The Forest Temple
Everyone knows that the Temples in OoTare mainly based off of other types of building structures: Shadow Temple is a mausoleum, Fire Temple a jail, Spirit Temple a shrine of worship. So what is the Forest Temple? And what can we extrapolate about the Forest Temple (FT from now on)?

Immediately entering the area of the Sacred Meadow directly outsid the FT, we see high stone walls. Walking into the actual FT, we are inside the walls, but still outside a large building. In the center of the building, the main room, are branches to all other rooms in the building. In the back, there are two courtyards where you can even see the sky and more high walls away from the building. Deep inside the FT, the boss lair looks like a parlor. Judging from the building’s defense structure, courtyards, a sewage system, and hidden location in the woods, the FT was most likely a castle.

However, now it is an abandoned castle, a haunted, abandoned castle. Why might this be so?
>>
Why was the shadow temple in the back of kakariko anyway? I dont remember. Its been more than 10 years since the last time.
>>
Considering Hyrule’s bloody history, written all over the torture chambers in the Shadow Temple, it makes me believe that a great atrocity happened at the FT. The FT is situated Considering Hyrule’s bloody history, written all over the torture chambers in the Shadow Temple, it makes me believe that a great atrocity happened at the FT. The FT is situated in the far back of the forest, hidden deep away. It was most likely a final stronghold against invaders. After invaders got through the Lost Woods, they had to go through a small maze in the Sacred Meadow, most likely some sort of defensive measure. Indeed, a portcullis can even bar off the maze, trapping invaders within, forcing them to reach the FT. Guards of the FT, from the higher ground gained by the ladder could snipe off victims in the maze.

If invaders somehow broke through, they’d have to enter a narrow passage. More archers at the top could snipe away enemies and only a few guards could tackle on huge armies and still successfully defend (think 300). When all else failed, the actual FT is on yet even higher ground, with stairs (crumbled now) to reach it. Higher ground is always more advantage, especially for defense.

Thus, I feel that the FT is a castle, although more precisely a stronghold as a final defense. Inside, there are fine carpets, many rooms, a fairly relaxing courtyard (if monsters weren’t around). This makes me believe that nobility or royalty used the FT as a final stand against invaders, and that they hid here.
>>
However, the FT is now destroyed mostly; perhaps the invaders made it into the FT. That would explain some of the crumbling architecture. Moreso, if invaders actually made it into the FT, everyone inside was most likely slaughtered. This probably explains the ghosts and ghouls and inhabit the FT now, remnants of people’s souls, lingering in the FT, wanting revenge. Eventually, they even obtained magic as they aged, creating twisting corridors, falling ceilings, and a rotatable superstructure, without even destroyed the upper buildings.

Perhaps that rotatable superstructure was designed before. There are many rooms below, hidden behind the thick walls, shut off by bars. Perhaps this superstructure was always there, and that basement was a jail. Perhaps then, the parlor was actually a high class torture chamber, where the nobles would entertain themselves with the screams of victims. But I digress.

Now, the Stalfos are most likely age old guards, long dead, who still protect this castle. And who are the four female ghosts? Their portraits are on the walls, with the exception of Meg, although the images burned off, charred black. It makes me believe they were four ladies of the nobility. Why do they persist to haunt the FT? Something traumatic must have happened for them to want to kill Link. Considering the invaders were most likely male, as soldiers were mostly male, these four women might have been raped, tortured, and murdered. Thus, they continue to live, waiting to exact their revenge (which happens to be on poor old Link).

The invaders gone, the people residing in the castle all dead, the ghosts beginning to rise from the dead, the FT is finally abandoned. Overgrowth starts forming on the walls, perhaps ivy. The staircase to the actual FT is destroyed, either through weather or the invaders attempting to close off the castle forevermore.
>>
>>341846578
It was a torture dungeon used by the royal family; they eventually buried it underneath the graveyard because they were ashamed of their own cruelty and didn't want to get haunted by spirits and shit. God knows why they decided to build a town on the site.
>>
>>341846779
Is this written in the Lore inside the shadow temple?
>>
>>341846253
It's Silent Hill symbolism all over again
>>
Zelda OOT had such a surreal exploration and backstory for its time,makes me mad that some people dont appreciate it
>>
File: image.png (80 KB, 500x421) Image search: [Google]
image.png
80 KB, 500x421
>>341845908
>>341845956
>King Kong.wmv was four years ago

Dude what the fuck, why is this allowed?
>>
>>341847393
neo /v/ lacks open mindedness
>>
I prefer the theory that he was a theif and as punishment had his hands cutoff
>>
I don't suppose you saved the thread that was lost in the archive crash last year, about the Composer Bros.
>>
>>341847909

The Composer Brothers were both Poes, which would mean they also had something left unfinished. Now as you were saying, Runite, if you go into their grave, it’s not a normal grave. What do I mean by that? Well, there’s Redeads walking around and there are pools of boiling slime on the floor. I’m not sure what’s NOT wrong with that picture. Anyway, that grave was probably never intended to be a grave at all. Perhaps the crazed fanatics ran out of rooms to torture people in the Shadow Temple and used the grave as an extra space. You see how you can pull it backwards? The hole and everything beneath it were probably the first things present in that graveyard. When they were done using that space, they covered it over half-heartedly with a tombstone. Since there was a tombstone there, it just looked like the beginning of a graveyard. Later, it was expanded on. In fact, it even became the burial place of some of the members of the royal family, looking at the grave in the back.

So why did the Composer Brothers become Poes? Here’s where that betrayal idea comes in. The Composer Brothers made a song that could be used to fight against the moaning, rotting minions of the royal family and their fanatical followers. When they were caught, they were executed and thrown in what had formally been a torture chamber. Indeed, it makes sense. After all, they were renowned for their music. They created songs which were very helpful, songs that allowed the fanatics to communicate amongst themselves and one even to protect them against the horrors that they created. So why, then, would the Composer Brothers be buried in a tomb that had formally been used as a place to torture nonbelievers, a place where Redeads walk amongst pools of stinking slime and the bones of poor souls litter the floor at the front entrance?
>>
So what, then, is it that the Composer Brothers have left unaccomplished? What is the reason that they are Poes? It is likely because of the Sun’s Song. They must stay behind to make sure that it does not fall into the wrong hands. When you near their grave they come forth to challenge you. They are looking for someone who is worthy of entering and learning their song.

That brings us to the topic of the other Poes in the graveyard. These poor, deceased souls seem to be wandering around at random, and seem to have no reason for their existence. It can only be that they have become Poes in order to protect the Sun’s Song with the Composer Brothers. They come forth to attack anyone who nears the grave of the Composer Brothers, for fear that someone might see it is movable and pull it back, to find themselves looking at the remnants of the horrors that occurred many years past in the Shadow Temple. If some innocent person were to stumble upon such a thing, it would strike fear in the villagers of Kakoriko and make them wonder what truly happened in the cave above the graveyard that they have long been told was a mausoleum for nobility long deceased.
But under what circumstances did Dante the grave keeper die?
>>
What allowed him to become a ghost, but not a Poe? But let’s skip away from that for a moment and look at Dante’s grave. It’s a complex maze of tunnels and passageways with only two exits, and only one that can be used as an entrance: the hole in the graveyard and the door in the windmill. But ask yourself this: what kind of tomb has two exits? Only one that was never meant to be a tomb at all, but perhaps an escape route. The cult operating the horrors of the Shadow Temple likely knew that things would not be pretty for them if anyone ever found out what they were doing. They needed a way to get away fast if there was any trouble. They built a secret escape route that led into the windmill, something to use as a last resort. They knew their way through the complex maze beneath, but others did not. People that attempted to chase after them would become lost and forced to turn back. Who would guess that it led out to the windmill?
>>
I do not believe that Dante was buried in the tomb that you find him in. He chose it, and for a purpose. It was for that same purpose that he opted to be the grave keeper. He knew about the horrors that had occurred in the Shadow Temple. Perhaps he was a descendent of one of the fanatics and had learned about the whole thing from reading a diary of his ancestors. However it happened, he knew, and he wished to protect the secret. Upon his death he chose the tomb that he knew had been used as an escape route, and he stationed himself there to protect it and make sure that no one learned it was connected to the windmill. Anyone who was worthy of finding out, he figured, could surely best him in a race. The rest he would chase away without thought. Dante was fast, and seemed to enjoy racing. He could have challenged anyone who came upon his tomb to a duel, or a game of cards, but he chose a race. At first he offered the hook shot up as a prize, but even after it was claimed he allowed Link to race him every time he returned. My guess is that Dante was a very good friend of the running man. Perhaps he knows the secret to beating him to the bridge.

Anyway, Dante likely became a regular ghost instead of a Poe because he rigged it for himself. He set himself up to die in the grave of his choosing and had a plan for what he would do after his death. I guess in doing so, he met conditions that allowed him to be a normal ghost after his death, one who did not wander solemnly for eternity with a lantern, cackling and attacking unsuspecting souls who entered the graveyard.
>>
>>341848407
>The Gravekeeper looks inbred
>Nobles were known to inbreed
Holy shit.
>>
File: 1458521625807.jpg (74 KB, 1452x812) Image search: [Google]
1458521625807.jpg
74 KB, 1452x812
what a surprisingly interesting thread
>>
>>341848257
No. It was about how dark Ocarina of Time is that it's a game where Mario and Luigi are murdered in cold blood.

But a lot deeper than I describe. I don't remember what was special about it, but something about the way the author explained the context was good.
>>
>>341845696
is bongo bongo the creepiest boss in zelda?
>>
here is an interesting theory i found about the stone tower temple
>>
File: 1426627739038.png (4 KB, 304x356) Image search: [Google]
1426627739038.png
4 KB, 304x356
>>341847393
>surreal

Holy shit you're right. Guess it felt natural at the time because of technical limitations but there was a lot of bizarre shit. That town square after 7 years...
>>
>>341848994
http://zeldauniverse.net/2011/09/13/the-message-of-majoras-mask/
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.