[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you excited
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 40
File: Crash RM.jpg (278 KB, 681x850) Image search: [Google]
Crash RM.jpg
278 KB, 681x850
Are you excited
>>
I was going to replay crash recently so yeah, I'll just wait for this. I would have rathered a new crash but they seem to be saving that announcement for at least next e3.

It just sucks what Sony had to do to get the rights back. Fuck activision
>>
Not really. I can already play HD Crash. In fact I did a couple months ago.
>>
>>341845108
Yes. Yes, I am.

If it sells well we might get a new Crash game.
>>
File: average thread.gif (498 KB, 298x205) Image search: [Google]
average thread.gif
498 KB, 298x205
>>341845108
If it leads to a new Crash game that isn't shit then yes.
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 193x213) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 193x213
>>341845108
Hello darkness my old friend
>>
>sony cucks

Lmfao
>>
Does anyone know if this is ps4 exclusive or just first on ps4?
>>
>>341845108
You just know they had to cut a deal with Activision to get it made.
>>
Depends on what Shawn meant by 'Remastered from the ground up'
>>341846083
Should be PS4 exclusive since the first three Crashes were only on PS1, right?
>>
>>341845108
Don't own a PS4 or the original trilogy so would be good enough reason to buy one. Sadly I'm scared modern ND may fuck it up, last they said anything about platformers was it wasn't in their interest to do them anymore.
>>
>>341846083
Exclusive but if you really want to play them in HD then just emulate them.
>>
>>341846303
Naught Dog has nothing to do with it
It's being done by Vicarious Visions, who did the GBA Crash games
>>
>>341845108
Who made this?
>>
File: bobby_kotick_smug.jpg (111 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
bobby_kotick_smug.jpg
111 KB, 600x338
>activision

lol. remember tony hawk hd?
>>
>>341846401
me
>>
>>341845108
No CTR No buy.
I'm a little upset they didn't include it in.
>>
>>341846083
>first on PS4
If this hits any other non-sony console than PS4 on release, then there's no need to buy it
Honestly, it'd be the most hilarious slash traitorous thing Naughty Dog could do to release it on PC or Xbone. Crash was such an enormous mascot for Playstation consoles that its hard to imagine him working for anything else
>>
>>341846579
Crash 1, 2, Warped
>Sony presents a Universal production
CTR
>A Sony Production

>>341846583
Naughty Dog have nothing to do with this!
>>
>>341845108
No. I play the old games regularly.
They will probably fuck up his appearance or the levels or some shit.

Only bad things can come from this.
>>
I hope they don't change anything except Crash 1's save system, let us save whenever by pressing Start (or "Options", Fucks sake Sony) at the map screen. I wouldn't want them to alter how getting gems works or anything like that.

I want to work for my Platnium trophy, make me 100% Crash 1 and get all the Platnium Relics in Crash 3. Nothing in 2 is really difficult, especially once you know where all the secrets are.
>>
>>341846693
CTR is Universal as well, Sony legally couldn't have used the Crash ip without thier involvement.
>>
File: 1455328561006.jpg (137 KB, 764x764) Image search: [Google]
1455328561006.jpg
137 KB, 764x764
>>341845108
But anon they're remakes not just hd remasters, this image is misleading.
>>
>>341846856
Damn and I thought the Pokemon ip was a mess when it came to ownership.
>>
>>341846497

Yeah, but Activision published it. They didn't make it. Regardless, Crash sucks. Spyro is far superior.
>>
>>341846856
I'm just quoting the legal text in the original games; no mention of Universal is made in the intro of CTR

Same in the cover art; there's a Universal logo on Crash 1, 2 & 3, but not CTR

My theory is, CTR was financed or at least majorly funded by Sony, with Universal simply allowing the use of their characters and whatnot, with Sony using then-third party dev ND to make the game before buying acquiring ND afterwards.
>>
It's being built from ground up, so I'm expecting the ratchet & clank quality
>>
>>341847165
Spyro was superior Until Skylanders ruined him
FTFY.
>>
>>341847239
My point is, assuming this is correct, that Sony has the rights, more or less, to CTR, NOT Activision.

If true, Activision would not be able to publish a CTR remake on a non-Sony platform. And knowing Activision, they'll want to put these remakes on other, non-Sony platforms for more $$$. Can't do that with a CTR remake
>>
>>341847375

It's not too late, anon. We can save Spyro. All it took for Crash to come back was years of complaining. We have the power to do that, too. If we seriously bitched enough, it'd probably happen. Especially if Crash's remasters sell well.
>>
File: 1456071089824.png (211 KB, 431x431) Image search: [Google]
1456071089824.png
211 KB, 431x431
>can dl these on my PC right now, sonycucks have to wait
>tfw sonycucks have to wait to play their own exclusives while PC players are already playing them
>>
>>341845108
Never been more conflicted it really can go either way

We either get a dream remake with th same quality and polish as ratchet and clank that keeps true to the original designs

Or... we get a train wreck of bad looking bad designed sluggish mess....

Its alot of pressure on Vicarious Visions desu giving them 1 year to remake an entire trilogy of games with a vocal fanbase.... thats not an easy thing to do and Vicarious Visions wouldnt even be on my top 5 developers to choose from. I'll need to see some actual footage of exactly what we are getting

I was ALOT more hopeful in the initial announcement because judging the skylander website and the uncharted 4 cameo I was certain that Sony had required the rights for crash bandicoot back... now knowing activision still has them is a huge blow.

Another factor to take in account is why on earth did Shaun laden say "bringing back crash 1 2 & warped fully REMASTERED from the ground up" he really should have said "were "remaking" crash 1 2 3 from the ground up new assets new engine new everything but keeping the designs exactly the same as you remember them"

Cause there is a convincing argument out there that instead of a ff7 remake were getting the ff7 steam ps4 version for crash bandicoot.

I love the cover though would buy /10
>>
>>341846497
Tony Hawk HD was pretty good tbqh
>>
>>341849145
These are the 'HD remasters' though, anyone can emulate the original trilogy.
>>
>>341849335
I'm really curious how they're gonna remaster it, as we have never really seen a remaster across this many generations.

Have they said if they are rebuilding the games from the ground up? It seems more likely to me that they're just gonna be polishing the textures, sprites and animations, and accommodating to a widescreen.
>>
File: Wrathofcortex_boxart.jpg (25 KB, 250x319) Image search: [Google]
Wrathofcortex_boxart.jpg
25 KB, 250x319
What went wrong?
>>
>>341845108
For the hundredth time.

It's a remake, not a remaster.
>>
File: 47727571_p0.png (54 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
47727571_p0.png
54 KB, 800x1000
>>341845108
Honetsly? No.
I need to see some gameplay video first. That's all I wanted from E3 and all they gave me was a Skylanders video.

Really, I was ready to buy a PS4 for a NEW game in the same vein of the original trilogy. But not for a remastered trilogy that they didn't even bother to show us.
Really, I can play the first three games on my PSP and they still hold up incredibly well. A remaster seems really unecessary to me.

Unless they wow me with an amzing art style, same exact physics and gameplay and new content, I don't really care.
>>
>>341849832
>Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex was originally in development by Traveller's Tales.

>After a falling-out between Vivendi Universal and the two entities, Traveller's Tales was forced to alter the game from a free-roaming title to a standard Crash title.

>Traveller's Tales had to begin development of the game from scratch and were given only twelve months to complete it.
>>
>>341849832
>30 second load times
>>
>>341849832
aside from the really long loading screen i found nothing wrong with this game
>>
File: New Crash.jpg (248 KB, 1261x1058) Image search: [Google]
New Crash.jpg
248 KB, 1261x1058
My body is ready for a NEW by someone designing Crash Bandicoot like this, I.E Vicarious Visions.
>>
>>341849832

Loading times aside, the fucking presentation.

Why are the character models so shoddy?

Why are the animations so sluggish in cutscenes and floaty in-game?

Why is the story so damn uninspired?

Why are all the bosses the same character?

Why waste celebrity talent on characters who only deliver like 3 lines?

Why is there so much techno inspiration in the soundtrack?

Why does so much of the foliage in the game look like testicles?
>>
>>341849832
I liked it desu, boss fights and post-game were garbage though
>>
>>341849832

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sbUdMNIG20

This has a pretty good explanation
>>
File: Sanity.jpg (18 KB, 188x268) Image search: [Google]
Sanity.jpg
18 KB, 188x268
>>341849832
What went right?
The soundtrack for one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kWE_WHRbmI
>>
>>341849832
Crunch, who fucking thought making same bland guy to fight 5 times over.

Crash has crazy villains why not use it
>>
>>341846726
Yeah, I would be perfectly happy with it being identical with a save system where you can save from the level select screen.

And trophies
>>
File: Cirno.full.977947.jpg (654 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Cirno.full.977947.jpg
654 KB, 1600x1200
>>341846583
Anon.. Naughty Dog has no involvement with this project. It is strictly between Sony, Activision, and the developer Vicarious Visions. Activision owns the full rights to Crash and can put it on any other platform.
>>
>>341850776
I can still hear the music whilst Crash floats down the warp thing in my head, even however many years later
>>
>>341852117
Technically the masks have some character. I still agree though, does seem like a waste of characters
>>
>>341852030

Gameplay went somewhat right, everything else was garbage.
>>
>>341845108

What is changed?
>>
Honestly though, how would you reboot Crash? As much as I loved the games, they're pretty dated. I just don't think the simplistic, linear platforming with better graphics would hold up too well.

Would you just make the game more like a modern Mario 64 or what?
>>
File: 1369021596088.jpg (22 KB, 279x284) Image search: [Google]
1369021596088.jpg
22 KB, 279x284
I was actually hyped when this got announced but then I found out that Activision is handling this, not SIE
>>
>>341852586

I don't have time to share my ideas for a Crash Bandicoot reboot now, unfortunately, but I'll contribute if the threads keep coming.
>>
>>341852117

I always liked the theme of Australian fauna as the bosses.

>No Tasmanian Devil boss :(
>>
>>341849804
I'm with you on this im going based on what the announcement said and no more that this "remaster" is basically what you said. Tbh I wouldnt be surpised if that crash cameo in uncharted 4 is what were getting for this remastered trilogy just looking more shaper, in hd 1080p and 60fps. That last one is the big factor that will differentiate the psn port to these remasters. Its the minimum of my expectations until i see more.

I like to look at the shadow for crash as a hint. The walk is taken from the skylander crash but it spins and turns into the crash model from 2 and 3. Thats my biggest hope that sony's involvement will be to ensure the look of the remastered crash games stays true to the original.

but you hit the nail on the head. Weve never seen a remaster done from this many games "from the ground up" I immediately wonder its very likely all 3 of these crash games will have the same physics and engine

To go on full speculation though what are some crazy but likely things they could do to alter the trilogy if they deem it nessesary

>e.g removing tawna and having the focus on crash saving coco

>time trials in all crash games?

>slide for crash 1

It really comes down to how much creative freedom VV have interms of altering the original trilogy. I'm hoping everything stays as true to the original games as possible. but time trials in 2... ide be hardpress not to say no to that.

>>341849832
>too long load times
>crash doesnt look that great
>dont utilise any of the crash villians besides an opening intro
>everything about Crunch "knuckles shadow" the Bandicoot

(putting crunch in the same category as knuckles is a massive insult to knuckles so i appauligise)
>>
>>341852586
I have a pretty great idea of how to reboot/remake the first crash game that modernised crash but at its heart kept everything true to the original games. So much so that i'de be tempted to make a video on it. Its far too long winded for me to try and condense in a post but I could try
>>
I'm excited because maybe the original Spyro trilogy collection will come next.
>>
>>341846726
>I hope they don't change anything except Crash 1's save system

scrub
>>
>>341852708
If Activision put the same amount of effort they do into this as they do Skylanders, it will be pretty good.
>>
>>341852778
>dont utilise any of the crash villians besides an opening intro

No, it was worse. They used them for the ball rolling levels as well.
>>
I just want Twinsanity that is finished.

Remasters are built from ground-up so we'll see, hopefully they won't casualize them completely.
>>
File: 1465271248431.gif (528 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1465271248431.gif
528 KB, 160x160
>>341852897
>>
>>341852896
do it anon.
>>
>>341845108
Yeah, I haven't played any Crash games in a long, long time. I don't think I ever even bought them, either, I always just rented them or went to a friends' house to play.
>>
File: 1418722760126.png (132 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1418722760126.png
132 KB, 396x385
>>341845108
so this is what they meant by "remasters", higher output resolution and probably some trophies slapped on
>>
>>341853128
they're being remastered 'from the ground up' aka a fucking remake
>>
File: 1415646791747.jpg (63 KB, 500x708) Image search: [Google]
1415646791747.jpg
63 KB, 500x708
>>341846956
Guy on stage said remasters not remakes, trust me I watched that segment about 49 times by now just reliving the exact moment my hopes were raised and thoroughly dashed to pieces immediately within the span of a minute and fifteen seconds.
>>
>>341850998
>that fur rendering
That's even worse than when they rendered new Sly's fur
>>
>>341853242
Other guy here
Remaster =/= Remake, and with Sony you always gotta watch their wording carefully.
Either way, remake doesn't necessarily mean that it'll be good.
>>
>>341852778

>slide for crash 1

I've been thinking, if they did this would they have to change any of the dynamics in any of the levels?

I suppose it would make the game easier.
>>
>>341853998
They should NOT add any mechanics from the latter games to the earlier games.

And hopefully they don't try to streamline the graphics between the three games; this isn't Crash Bandicoot All-Stars
>>
>>341852586
>>341852896
>>341853059
I'm finishing up on college and starting uni in september so my summer project will be making a video that will highlight everything thats happend and what the "best case dream scenario is for crash which ties into how to REboot crash" keep in mind this was written before the announcements but after the uncharted 4 cameo... ok lets go
(this is also extreamly unpolished)

This is going to be a REmake of the 1st Crash Bandicoot game. Not a remaster and not including 2 or 3

I'm getting visuals just out of the way cause its a no brainer. Crash and all the villians and characters will look exactly as they did in the naughty dog era. I'm talking a far polished version of the original crash model Halo anniversary style. I wouldnt even touch VVs skylander crash design
(its not terrible and is good considering but no way is that going near this game)
I'm talking with the polish of ratchet and clank the design is exactly as we remember but completely remade.

Again another no brainer is the music. Bring Josh Mancell back with the pre console mix versions and if need be compose new tracks etc.

Right lets actually get to the meat of this.. The game play i'll bullet point this as best as I can to make it clear.

>The islands are back but this time its fully explorable. The idea is you start in the island and is up to the player to navigate and explore the island to find the levels that are hidden within the island to be discovered.
I'm talking Spyro hub world/Darksouls firelink shrine. But i'm not gonna be cheap and go through a gate just to load the level. NOPE The levels are in the island hidden and the player needs to earn the right to even play the level. Whats better is that levels when finished will link back to where you start to find another part or they link up to an addional part of the island to be explored.

TBC
>>
>>341852030
>Not posting the best Twinsanity related track
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvY1lvWFcps
>>
>>341854170
>streamline the graphics between the three games
What do you mean? You expect them to not re-use assets?
>>
>>341845108
The thing is, is VV going to do a complete remake? or just a remaster of PS1 games and throw them in the PS Store?
>>
>>341854303
In a perfect world, assuming full blown remake, i would want them to approximate how the remakes would look if they were made over a period of time instead of all at once, if that makes sense.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (214 KB, 1393x837) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
214 KB, 1393x837
>>341845108
>tfw there will never be a spyro trilogy remaster

fucking end me
>>
>>341854175
>Ok so Visualise this. N sanity beach. You wake up and explore the beach get a feel for how crash moves the camrea a is moveable with the right anolog stick...
but theres a narrowing on your left.
As you approach it Astec structures appear forming a gate KNACKd style that shows the player:
The name of the level,
What the collectables there
The number of the level are and as soon as you walk past.

The camrea snaps back behind crash unmoveable but more zoomed out to what it was before so the player can see more ahead...
Its the Classic Crash Sonic arse gamplay that we all know and love. and when the first level is finished... we're in a jungle area to explore and navigate but there are multiple areas to explore.. branching paths? one looks like a narrowing structure the other a lake?

The idea here is I want to combined the idea of warp rooms but expand and combined it with the islands.

Each island (because theres 3) will be fully explored open ended. Enemies are there pre level (like spyro) for the player to test their skills on and i would also theme each island aswell (more on that later)

The focus point behind this is theres a divide in the 3d platform gaming. People use banjo kazooie as the gold standard or mario 64 and call crash dated with the sonic arese gameplay.

I dont want to change the core of that gameplay because IMO it gives Crash Bandicoot an identity that stands out from the other 3d croud so I want to preserve it. But at the same time how can Crash be updated while staying true to it's core.

The best answer is the best of both worlds and it can be done by expanding the hub worlds with branching paths that will SEEMLESSLY load into the classic crash levels.

Its something that no other platform has actally achieved yet in terms of really utilising the idea of 3D space. Creating a sense of discovery and mystery that player can feel earned but just finding a level this also include climbing up and going down.

TBC
>>
>>341854457
In a perfect they wouldn't bother remaking them in lieu of something new.
>>
more excited for this than any game announced at E3.
Actual fun gameplay which hasn't existed for ND since Jak and Daxter.
>>
>>341845108
I'll buy it if the graphics aren't like the ones on the box art.
>>
I don't see how it's worth paying for desu.
>>
>>341854853
Who knows, if there is a demand im sure it could be made.
If the crash remaster do well we might just get close to having remastered spyro.
>>
>>341846583
skylanders crash version is first on ps4 you dummy not the remaster
>>
>>341854364
How could they make full remakes of 3 games and releasw them in a year
>>
>>341855132
So the idea is I really want to sell as this is what will make Crash bandicoot different to his previous games whist respecting the core design.

So lets talk about collectables and power ups and bosses.

Bosses are going to be like CTR adventure. You can see their laire but you cant access it without either a power up and the right amount of collectables.

I want bosses to have a presense leading up to their encounter to be hyped! Whether they appear in levels leading up to the encounter or doing something like blocking the players path but utimately i wouldnt change much on the design front of how to beat them. They'll follow a structure and pattern that the player needs to use in order to beat them (Cortext im saving for last so get hyped for what i'll do with him)

Collectables... here we go. I'll be putting crystals in as something to find in the level that wont be sometimes obvious to the player, Gems will be to collect the boxes. And relics aswell (relics will be saved at the end)

The big change i'm doing is introducing "items"
Items are gonna be used i guess like in zelda mainly to give crash an extra ability but mostly will be for traversal reasons and where the minigames will come into play.

We need to address that minigames in crash are definately a mixed bag. Some fans love 3 the most for them whist others say its too gimicy and 2 is the best due to the core focus in platforming.

So on those terms... I'm putting items and minigames in but they will be used to traverse from 1 island to the next. You get to the end of the island after completing it and you get the jetski. The horrendouse controversal jetski level will be used to traverse from one island to the next. (i dont know whether to make gems a requirement on these or not but unsure) Point is the minigames are reverseable (so you can go backwards) and skippable once you complete it once so those who cant stand them can skip them whist others can enjoy it to their hearts content.
TBC
>>
>>341855531
because it's actually fun. I haven't seen an actually fun game since Jak and Daxter and Twisted Metal Black. Not all of us are teenagers.
>>
>>341854853
blame universal
>>
>>341855958
No, blame Activision; Universal left a while ago
>>
>>341846726
>The games don't come with Platinum trophies
I will be so mad, I tell you what.
>>
>>341856013
But Universal is the exact reason why Sony/Insomniac didn't get the rights to the IP after the contract expired.
Fuck them to hell.
>>
>>341845108
>Hear Crash music
>Mention of a remaster
>Think they will also announce a new game
>More Skylanders shit
Kill yourself Sony
>>
If it has trophies then yes
>>
No. Crash is without a doubt my favourite platformer franchise but what's the point in this? I'll keep an eye on it but I'm not sure why I'd care.

I also like Wrath of Cortex more than 1.
>>
>>341856064
It'll probably be 1 plat for all three games
>>
>>341856150
hate to say it, but it's not sony's fault
it's activision's
>>
>>341856186
>I like Wrath of Cortex more than one

Kill yourself.
>>
>>341856231
Do they have the rights to Crash? I haven't been keeping up with who owns the franchise anymore. Always thought Sony owned it after Naughty Dog lost the rights
>>
>>341845108
>can buy all the old games on PSN anyway

Literally what is the point?
>>
>>341856105
>Sign ip away when u make first game
>hey can we have it back
>lol no fuck off

that's business, sorry everything's not sunshine and roses
>>
>>341856387
No, Universal always had ip rights
Universal became Vivendi Universal
They merged with activision

Been with Activision since.
>>
>>341851591
>>341851591
Enemies don't feel threatening at all either because of those animations, not to mention them barely having any death animations at all for Crash and Coco. The Coco on foot levels were also garbage and she played like a neutered version of Crash. I watched a speed run of it recently and I was just astounded by how terrible it looked, and I replayed it heaps of times on the Gamecube. The Atlasphere was the only well implemented and inspired idea in the game. Also the soundtrack didn't loop either, at least not on my copy. It literally just stopped and started once it finished. Overall the awful visual design makes it look worse than the PS1 games and that is an achievement.

Also how the fuck does a small lion fish blow up a giant submarine on contact fucking hell.
>>
>>341845108
Yes.
>>
>>341855839
So as a recap

Crash 1 remade ratchet and clank
Music and design is the same

Islands are fully exploreable but hidden the player needs to find the levels that will seemlessly be intergrated in the island

bosses are back and appear to either block player progression by either blocking paths or having an item the player needs

and items are used as the games mini game that the player can use to traverse the island from A to B

Items include
Polarbear
Jetski
Jetpack
Bazooka
Climbing Gloves

Power ups include
Double jump
Super body slam
Triple Spin
Infinite Spin
Sprint
Glow in the dark Aku Aku

So players explore the islands find the levels hidden within beat them to aquire the collectables and also to get ot the next part of the island. Beating bosses to get more into the island and then traversing the island once the island is liberated.

So themes

1st island is going to be primal. So all natural, jungles beaches creeks with enemies being animals gone wild.

2nd island is going to be early human aztec culture. Ruins, tombs, undead, and the supernatural will be the focus on this island with again crazed animals

3rd island is actually populated and futuristic. The closer we get to cortext himself the more structures we'll see. This is keeping again very much the same case as it is for Crash 1 but i wanted to make the theme stronger.

The last boss of the game without 100% is N brio that the player needs to defeat. Cortext will escape and locking himself in and the player needs to destroy the cortext vortext (the device that has the evolvo ray) which can be shut down by overloading the power with crystals and gems
(the time trials will be brought up later)

Before fighting Cortext though you need to get all crystals and gems and items to get to cortext. and the lead up before the encounter will be a final level that utilises all the items to reach to cortexts encounter. This is gonna be like spyro bosses how they have multiple health bars that change
>>
>>341849804
Yea because its that easy to port a psx title and make it hd. The arcutecture isn't even close
>>
>>341856393
to have a disk!
>>
>>341854185
>>341852030
Spiral Mouth
>>
>>341852778
Knuckles was always shit. They had a chance to make him fun during sonic adventures but instead of a bmup fighting people you have a bmup fighting the ground
>>
File: lared.png (92 KB, 209x275) Image search: [Google]
lared.png
92 KB, 209x275
>underaged actually think Twinsanity is good
>>
>>341856656
But just before you defeat the finishing blow on cortext.. whats this! a portal opens up through space and time and N-Throphy appears to grab cortext and take him away leaving behind a key....

This key... opens up a door that leads to Cortexts secret lab that leads into....

A warp room.
This warp room will give the option for the player to teleport to any of the levels that you've completed but its actually more of a "fast travel" Crash will get a device called the retriver that will allow him to teleport to any of the levels instanatiously in order to collect the relics

Again despite platnum relics the player needs only gold to confront cortext a 2nd time. But this time platnum relics would ofc be a trophie reward and unlock something else...

Extras:
Extras are gonna be like skins, different characters that sort of stuff
Doughnut crash
Tribal crash (yeah i went there)
and once you 105% the game you get Fake crash aswell as Japanese Crash which turns all the models of crash into the japanese version because.....

Both games will be region locked on the look. If you got the japanese version then all the models etc will have the japanese design while the west will get the western design. Right after you have everything else thats when you have the option to see the game on the other side.

I choose this because crash obviously has an identity problem as we have our own perception of crash compared to the east so i thought a cute nod to acknoledge that and also improve the sales in japan would be to acknowledge that look.

Finally the final power is hitting the touch pad that allows crash to do..the crash dance,
doing the crash dance makes any enemies dance alongside him and this includes all bosses which are all replayable aswell.

Thas the most of my rough ideas for now it does lack polish and needs to be ironed out to make it clear exactly wtf im on about in terms of islands and levels but i hope you enjoyed this autistic rambling.
>>
>>341856656
How stoned did you get today?
>>
>>341855531
Same logic that people buy the ports on Steam. In the hopes that it shows devs that there's a market for these types of games, whether they be new IP's or sequels.
>>
>>341852334
dyungdundungg
dyundyundungg
tlangtlangtlangtingtingtlingtang
>>
>>341855132
edit. ofc numerous of games like darksouls / zelda have a sense of discovery in a 3d space. I wanted to refer it more on a 3d platformer that have these multiple levels that link the player back and around the hub world
>>
>>341853242
>remastered from the ground up
>remastered
You do know what the word remastered means, right? It doesn't mean essentially developing an entirely new fucking game, you moron. It means rather than just emulating it they're properly rebuilding the code to work on the PS4 hardware. I mean, for Christ sake the Kingdom Hearts HD games were done "from the ground up" too and they were exactly the fucking same. Have you not been paying attention to ANY of the remastered games coming out recently? Christ sake the reading comprehension on this topic is fucking dreadful.
>>
>>341857389
Twinsanity is Jak and Daxter for furries
>>
I'm just reeaally interested in seeing how they will handle it, progression always fascinates me.

Will everything be 1:1 but with updated visuals? Will they keep the compact feel of the first game, which was a necessary technical limitation to reduce the amount of objects on screen that need to be rendered, or will they space it out to the "original vision"? Will they fix bugs or leave them as "legacy features"? What will the visual updates be like, a complete rework of every asset, or sharpened textures and a bloom filter? How does the original Crash look like in HD 3D (the only high polygon Crash we've seen is the almost completely redesigned one from the newer games)? Etc, can't wait.
>>
>>341858126
im repeating with sony said while also doubting they'll just remaster a ps1 game for the current gen
>>
>>341856209
Again, don't even joke about that. Each game deserves its own. It's bad enough most of the PS2 ports to PS4 like Siren and Max Payne didn't get one.
>>
>>341857703
i'm completely sober.. i'm insane help me
>>
>>341853248
Abe's Oddyssey New 'n Tasty was considered a remaster too instead of a full fledged remake, i suppose they will upgrade the graphics a bit but not to the point of current gen graphics
>>
File: 089.png (78 KB, 620x407) Image search: [Google]
089.png
78 KB, 620x407
I do love remastering the classics to the standards of the modern era!
>>
>>341846956
Naughty dog
>>
>>341846583
This is the average intelligence of the usual sony-hater shitposter
>>
File: Crash Bandicoot Bandicoot.jpg (718 KB, 1024x1411) Image search: [Google]
Crash Bandicoot Bandicoot.jpg
718 KB, 1024x1411
>>341855531

I support anything Crash Bandicoot, as long as it doesn't contribute to ruining the series. A remaster sure doesn't, and I want to warrant a NEW game.
>>
>>341849832
O
A
D
I
N
G
>>
File: 1452347952769.gif (480 KB, 206x196) Image search: [Google]
1452347952769.gif
480 KB, 206x196
>>341849562

>Paying for remasters
>HD REMASTERS
>>
File: image.jpg (157 KB, 897x675) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157 KB, 897x675
>>341850998
>>
File: Crash Skylander.jpg (244 KB, 1600x1172) Image search: [Google]
Crash Skylander.jpg
244 KB, 1600x1172
>>341859510

You can't use a model made specifically for Skylanders as an example. The 2D picture and this toy look entirely different, and I believe those more representative of Vicarious Visions' vision of Crash with no Skylanders strings attached.
>>
File: 13423608654563.jpg (159 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
13423608654563.jpg
159 KB, 1200x1600
>No CTR with online mode
Meh, i'm mildly interested
>>
File: Snoop Dogg 2.jpg (2 MB, 1080x1098) Image search: [Google]
Snoop Dogg 2.jpg
2 MB, 1080x1098
>>341859934

Your little racing game comes 2nd to REAL Crash Bandicoot games.
>>
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 908x627) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 908x627
>>341859610
I just hope they don't restrict Crash's theatrical range of emotions from the three games to make him some cool mascot that doesn't fear anything or LOL RANDUM.
>>
>>341859510
>>341859610

He looks fine? Looks like crash. Not that tube shaped tattooed abomination hes been for a while.
>>
>>341860241
Head/hair doesn't have to be that big, and he doesn't have to have crazy/strabic eyes all the time. While that was in the concept art it's quite different from the Crash we saw in the games.
>>
>>341860047
There isn't a need for Crash 3 in that HD remaster, 1 and 2 are ok but 3 is just an extra in comparison to CTR
>>
File: This cleans the bandicoot.webm (2 MB, 640x352) Image search: [Google]
This cleans the bandicoot.webm
2 MB, 640x352
>>341860239

Absolutely. I think his default should be cool and collected, but slightly crazy, but express all kinds of emotions in different contexts.
>>
File: PSOGL2_006.jpg (259 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
PSOGL2_006.jpg
259 KB, 1280x960
Why remaster the games when they already look this good?
>>
>>341860461

I agree that Crash 3 is the worst in the trilogy, but it would make no sense to just remake Crash 1 and 2. It makes more sense to omit CTR, and have a full blown new game for that, as well as a new platformer without the restrictions of the PS1 titles.
>>
>>341860647

It makes no sense just releasing the original game in a higher resolution. If so, it would be out on PSN tomorrow. This HAS to be a remake, considering it's not out until next year.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fd4cLuHAMs

Heres ign intervewing the man incharge of crash's fate.. note the pauses when hes talking about the "remasters" he clearly stops to remember what he's aloud to say before awkwardly repeating the exact same quote as Shaun Laden did on the announcement...

Anyone whos expecting these remakes to be the exact same quality of ratchet and clank needs to readjust their expectations before being disapointed.
>>
>>341860660
While you are right i still want my shitty CTR with online, i want to race with shitters and destroy them while going super fast
>>
>>341860660
>Crash 3 is the worst in the trilogy
Fuck off.
>>
>>341860647
Crash looks so good in this shot, he has this essence I got from him in the first three games but no seems to be able to capture it again, neither fanart nor official games.
>>
>>341861174
But CTR and Crash Bash captured his essence too senpai.
>>
>>341861269
You're right, I forgot about them, I just kinda subconsciously think of them as part of the PS1 trilogy.
>>
>>341847563
>>341847165
>Spyrofags are this delusional.
He's dead. Let him go.
>>
Yes actually. Never really played a Crash game. Only experience with the series I have was watching a friend fight Tiny in Warped, and playing a demo level on Spyro Year of the Dragon.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the hype is about and playing a classic.
>>
>>341845108
How did sony lose the rights to crash again?
>>
>>341861757
They never really owned them. Naughty Dog was contracted by Vivendi Universal to create an IP, and when the contract ran out, Naughty Dog left to pursue better things while Vivendi kept their end of the deal: Crash.
>>
File: 324690387426.jpg (21 KB, 191x217) Image search: [Google]
324690387426.jpg
21 KB, 191x217
>>341861014

> If you hate Crash Bandicoot, you're soulless

Based.
>>
>>341845108
It will probably be outsourced to some shitty company. They wouldn't awkwardly sweep it under the rug and show Skylanders instead if it was worth anything.
>>
>>341849832
Different company made it. So it was shit
>>
>>341861757
activision took over crash and spyro. They raped them.
>>
File: 1463102751068.jpg (99 KB, 867x658) Image search: [Google]
1463102751068.jpg
99 KB, 867x658
Were the Legend of Spyro games fun?
>>
>>341861964
Actually they wanted to stop after warped. They didn't know how else to make it better with becoming redundant and bad. They wanted to keep the solid trilogy and not screw with the franchise or fans. They did end up making CTR as a farewell and an extra present for fans which was an amazing kart racer.
>>
>>341845108
If the textures don't look like someone ate a bunch of watercolour paint and threw up everywhere, will it still have what it takes to charm a bunch of kids who don't know that there's a better console?
>>
>>341862229
Very fun. I particularly like the 3rd the best and the 2nd is my second place.
>>
Will I get to see Tawna in HD?
>>
>>341862321
Ah alright, my mistake then! I could have sworn they were under the same kind of contract that Insomniac was under (3 games and then they're done), for some reason CTR had slipped my mind though.
>>
File: 57420534_p0.png (2 MB, 1482x1272) Image search: [Google]
57420534_p0.png
2 MB, 1482x1272
So when they say they're gonna "remaster" them, does that mean only the graphics will be redone? I'd feel a lot easier if the games kept the same engine.
>>
File: Coco.png (311 KB, 764x458) Image search: [Google]
Coco.png
311 KB, 764x458
>>341862549
>coco in HD
>>
>>341851952
I had this in my YouTube recommendations, thanks for reminding me.
>>
>>341851952
This is a great video though it could use some expanding on the limitations of crash and how that equaled to his sucess
>>
>>341862804
Built from the ground up could imply getting something like Oddworld New and Tasty where they keep the overall game design but using newly developed assets and re-tune the controls
>>
File: tooreal.jpg (59 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tooreal.jpg
59 KB, 500x500
>>341847074
how is pokemon a mess in terms of ownership?

Isn't it just made by Gamefreak and published by Nintendo?
>>
>HD remaster

No thanks, I can already scale the resolution on an emulator.
>>
>>341846583
This is all Activision bubba
>>
File: 57420536.png (254 KB, 709x650) Image search: [Google]
57420536.png
254 KB, 709x650
>>341863434

As long as it's an extremely faithful remake, I'll be happy.

Also, why does Japan love Crash so much again? It's cool and all, but I just don't understand.
>>
>>341863713
>Playing 5th gen games on anything other than native res.
Shame.
>>
>>341863992
I said I can, not that I do. It's the only thing this HD remaster will have and sonydrones will eat it up. Sony has been really trying to pull up the numbers with nostalgia lately, hasn't it? Maybe if the game sells well they'll bring back crash in a shitty game and then kill him forever.
>>
>>341862549

>She'll either be completely scrapped or redesigned to the point of being unrecognizable

If she was controversial back then, can you imagine the shitstorm that would happen if she was shown in today's day and age?
>>
>>341862974
S-sauce?
>>
>>341864721
Literally 5 seconds of checking the web to find it. Stop being lazy and expecting everyone to do your work for you.
>>
File: TemptingHelpfulCommongonolek.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
TemptingHelpfulCommongonolek.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
I personally feel that low poly graphics greatly contribute to the charm and atmosphere the games have, both Crash and Spyro. Having HD graphics would make their fairly simple gameplay and story seemingly inexcusable and it would feel top heavy.

Not to mention that lowpoly+lowres delivers an unrivaled crunchy/bashy satisfactory feel to gameplay, which I feel HD games cannot deliver.
>>
>>341862150
It's being handled by Vicarious Visions
>>
>>341865128
Don't wanna find a dick on it sorry
>>
>>341865598
There's no dick and I'm staring at the picture right now. You have literally no excuse not to find this picture.
>>
>>341865149

I always figured the charm of Spyro's levels were the soft colors and the draw distance effect used. If that could be re-created somehow, I think the feeling the original levels had could be preserved.
>>
File: tom-hanks-explosion.gif (842 KB, 228x171) Image search: [Google]
tom-hanks-explosion.gif
842 KB, 228x171
Is this just butthurt or were people actually upset that it wasn't a new game?

The crowd shift when they just said it was a remaster and not a new game was lel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg7zcd7Akuw

Does it even matter since Naughty Dog dropped it long ago?
>>
File: 1430733928518.png (66 KB, 176x205) Image search: [Google]
1430733928518.png
66 KB, 176x205
>>341845108
I am excited. I hope it does well so the first three Spyro games and CTR get a HD remake. Imagine a CTR with online for both arenas and normal races, more tracks (there has to have been some that failed to make it in the game) and god knows what else.
>>
File: I just can't take it man.webm (382 KB, 640x352) Image search: [Google]
I just can't take it man.webm
382 KB, 640x352
>>341866084
>those gravestones

Jesus that hurts.
>>
>>341866143
>there has to have been some that failed to make it in the game
And some that are not available for multiplayer, like that Oxide track. Or was it vs. only, not arcade? Can't remember atm.
>>
>>341865714
Alrighty then
>>
>>341866084
How do you even expect neo-Naughty Dog to churn out a decent Crash game? They're too busy with cinematic experiences.
>>
File: Coco4.png (156 KB, 477x244) Image search: [Google]
Coco4.png
156 KB, 477x244
>>341866259
It's for your own good.
>>
>>341866372
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhgh
>>
I really wish they would release on the Vita, because I don't want to buy a PS4 just to play remastered versions of the games.

At least I can still play the originals.
>>
File: Coco2.png (98 KB, 283x554) Image search: [Google]
Coco2.png
98 KB, 283x554
>>341866636
Your loud ahhhhh is annoying.
>>
File: 57420535_p0.png (811 KB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
57420535_p0.png
811 KB, 600x1000
Crash is a Bandicute!
>>
>>341845108
>remasterstation 4

im starting to hate sony
>>
>>341861014
Way too fucking late for this, but that's Lou Studdert, the PR man for Skylanders. He's about as "incharge of crash's fate" as you are.
Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.