[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck is nobody playing any RTS, there isn't even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 89
File: 0000007306.600x338.jpg (66 KB, 451x338) Image search: [Google]
0000007306.600x338.jpg
66 KB, 451x338
Why the fuck is nobody playing any RTS, there isn't even an RTS general on /vg/. I've been playing SC2 so I didn't need another game, but now that I'm taking a break between seasons I want to play something, but except for AoE2 everything is dead and new games are nonexistent, what the fuck? What the fuck is everybody on PC playing?
>>
>>341839390
Overwatch
>>
I think people just aren't playing multiplayer RTS most of the time. I'm working my way through stronghold crusader but I couldn't see a thread about the game going very far.
>>
>>341839647
>Stronghold Crusader
original or the new one?
>>
>>341839732

Just Crusader. I only beat Stronghold HD last week.
>>
>>341839390
supreme commander forged alliance forever is still alive

you have about 200-500 hours of hours of practice to get in before you're gud though; let alone top of the lists material
>>
>>341839521
Overwatch is horrible
>>
>>341839390
RTS suffers from APM syndrome. Back in the day when RTS was still new-ish and people played it a lot on single player or LAN with their buddies -- it was very much a "build up a cool looking city and army and have fun and fuck each other up."

Since APM has been introduced and everyone wants to play RTS's like guitar hero instead of a real time STRATEGY game, it's completely ruined the genre.
>>
>>341839390
wc3 and bw are still active at least

>>341840000
You really think it takes that long for someone who already has competitive rts experience?
>>
>>341840000
This. Supreme commander is a bloody good RTS game, though if you go for forged alliance, like anon said, go for forged alliance forever, thats still got an active community

>TFW first time i played there i went on a multiplayer match and left 3 minutes after the rush timer went off because i got ultimately destroyed then my last remaining team member started screaming at me like a bitch because i got rekt by alpha players

Oh, and don't get SC2, it's just terrible and did a massive 180 on what made it great.
>>
>>341840107
Both strategy and execution are present in for example SC. The strategy is thought up and executed so fast that you just think it's button mashing and massing one random unit.
>>341840234
BW on battle.net or on some other client? I've heard the have their own fan client in Korea
>>
>>341840234
He's exaggerating. That said though, the degree to which experienced players can utilize the continuous economy better than less experienced players while still managing the battlefield is huge. And that mainly just comes down to becoming familiar, intimate even, with it, which takes time.
>>
>>341841539
there's iccup for international, and fish server for korean players. Both are also used by both foreigners and koreans though.
>>
Instead of making an RTS with old graphics but ten million units they keep making ones with new graphics but less onscreen units so I continue to not care
>>
>>341842438
>What Is Total War: The Post
>>
Almost all strat games are trash. I've played over 600 hours of Company of Heroes games but it's for kiddies. Play Assault Squad 2, it's a micro-heavy RTT where you mostly use firearms to suppress enemies and actually kill by flinging nades, also micro long-range tank battles and mostly attempt to disable enemy tanks so your dudes can run up with an AT nade or a bundle of dynamites and finish them off.
It's good shit and god tier with one or two friends (I mostly play 2v2 but 3v3 is the most epik shit, PROTIP the bigger maps go up to 8v8).
>>
>>341842438
>they keep making ones with new graphics but less onscreen units
To be honest more units doesn't make the game good, for example Planetary Annihilation is a big let down.
>>
File: 1465644357322.jpg (869 KB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
1465644357322.jpg
869 KB, 3072x2304
>>341842823
MoW is one of my favourite games but you can't say that CoH is not fun to play as well.

>tfw laptop can't really run Assault Squad 2 and the other MoWs are dead
>>
>>341839390
knights of honor owns

i'd love a modern sequel if not for the fact that every modern sequel of a classic rts sucks ass
>>
>>341842438
>>341842554
Even if think about old games I recall that TA had a harcoded limit of something like 255 units per side, based on what the engine could handle. Later somobody made a mod, that removed this or icreased this. Probably it was this one,. http://www.tauniverse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43735, I suppose it shold work with the GOG version fine.
Also for more modern game you have EE1 which had a unit cap of up to 1200, but for some reason the maxmum unit cap was split between all players on the map. so you could have at most 600 units that cost 1 pop.
Rise of Nations has some pretty high unit caps as well and many units are three or so models to an idividual unit, so it visually looks like a lot of people.
>>
I miss RTS, it was my favourite genre and the one that introduced me to online multiplayer
>>
dead genre
>>
>>341840107
I genuinely can't tell if this post is satire. Any game that moves in real time "suffers from APM syndrome".
>>
>>341839390
I'm nearly 30 and have been playing RTS games my whole life.

They got boring.

They got stale.

It's the same shit every time.

Sorry.

I still like the genre but not enough to pay money for it again. For the hundredth time.
>>
File: 1457072262450.jpg (38 KB, 258x254) Image search: [Google]
1457072262450.jpg
38 KB, 258x254
>>341839390
It's dead nigga.
Only hope is that wc4 somehow revives them again and with current blizzard that's a pipe dream.
>>
hopefully dawn of war 3 is good so that I can play a new rts game that isnt fucking starcraft!
>>
>>341845514
From what they showed it looks a lot more like 2 than it does like 1 so I lost all interest
>>
>>341845607
but its the opposite. most of the people who complain are people who love dawn of war 2, because 3 looks and plays like dawn of war 1 (basebuilding, lots of units, instant response time, area-based cover) with some wc3 influence. (hero units playing a big part potentially)
>>
>>341839390
It's just impossible to make an RTS that has depth without also being gookclick.

Either you dumb it down to not require doing 10 things at the same time and you get a MOBA or you keep the traditional style and you get a Starcraft
>>
>>341845759
I think Cossacks had it about right. Allowed for in depth tactics and management but you don't need 500APM to be competent.
>>
File: fantasy.jpg (362 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fantasy.jpg
362 KB, 1920x1080
>tfw I'm probably one of the best SC2 players on /v/
>tfw I beat BW legend Fantasy on the Korean ladder yesterday
>tfw nobody cares
>>
>>341843646
Get the original Men of War and install DCG mod
It should set you up for life
>>
File: 1466118458779.gif (2 MB, 300x262) Image search: [Google]
1466118458779.gif
2 MB, 300x262
>>341845916

>that apm

Holy shit.
>>
>>341845995
I know it, tried it, mostly crashed on me and stuff, but I want to play multiplayer anyway
>>
>>341846075
oh yes, all that spam clicking. apm is a fucking joke.
>>
>>341839390
Not many people can into micro-management. I, for one, have always had a bad time trying to manage more than 2 units at the same time. It just burns my brain.
>>
>>341845916
Didn't BW legends go back to BW?
>>
I wanted to like sc2, but it's really frustrating compared to wc3 and battl.net 2.0 is a huge step back from the orignal. Even if a million people are online it feels dead. What is actually dead are the custom games, wc3 still has twice the amount of games open
>>
>>341840020
>millions of people playing it
>it's horrible because some random idiot on 4chan said so
Okay. Please DO put "in my opinion" at the end of your sentences.
>>
>>341846143
That's a shame though.
I don't like multiplayer, mostly because I get my ass kicked 9/10 times.
Though in DCG I can set up the comfy defense against the Russians and watch the whole map burn.
>>
>>341846178

Believe it or not, but high ranked people on the KR ladder are actually fast.

>>341846235

Only a few of them, and they just stream on Afreeca for donations. The professional scene in Korea is 90+% SC2.
>>
>>341845357
This.
Gather resources
Build buildings
Train soldiers
Send them to your enemy
Repeat
>>
>>341846350
just because a lot of people play a game doesnt mean its a generally good game
millions of people play league of legends and call of duty every year but it certainly isnt a blockbuster hit, its just extremely easy to get into and get good at, and rewards players by drip feeding cosmetics.
>>
I and five other guys play COH2 fairly regularly, we're in the top 200 players for each faction at 200 hours in. Fun game.
>>
>>341840107
Strategy (aka macro) is still a lot more important than micro. The problem is, as you said, that RTS nowadays is all about finding the best strategy depending on gthe situation and executing it as flawlessy as possible. There is no place for fucking around. No time to build you cool looking town and a maxed out army while your buddy sits around in his base doing the same. For many people that was the charm of the genre, and that charm is gone and replaced by endless tryharding on ladder.
>>
>>341845916

That's actually pretty fucking sick. I wish I could git gud at Starcraft, but it just doesn't click with me. As soon as I have to do 2 things at once everything falls apart.
>>
>>341846543
Just because you said it's bad doesn't make it bad. I thoroughly enjoy the game and think it's one of the greatest fps games ever made.
And "horrible" games don't make that much of a success. Sure, it may be bland for some but it definitely is not "horrible".
>>
>>341846860
oh yea, im not saying its horrible. (not the same guy as the post you initially responded to) it wouldnt be so successful if it was really horrible. I just think its overhyped because its a blizzard title, but im not going to argue with people over dumb shit like that when I can play games I like and not care about overwatch.
>>
>>341846860
you're trying to argue with a butthurt valvedrone that's still grasping to TF2
>>
File: This is official art.jpg (83 KB, 760x614) Image search: [Google]
This is official art.jpg
83 KB, 760x614
>>341839390
>Why the fuck is nobody playing any RTS, there isn't even an RTS general on /vg/.

The last good RTS game came out 7 years ago and we've had no good games since then (if you're one of those who haven't played Brood War, subtract a year since you find SC2:WoL fun).

Even fucking /vr/ has more news to talk about than we do.
Expansions are not games.
>>
>Listen to /v/ about sc2 for years.
>Finally buy it on a sale and it turns out it's actually great.
Feels so much more balanced and polished than anything else people tend to like in these threads, i just wish they went with more bw like art style and sound effects.
>>
>RTS games turned too competitive and became about doing a lot of clicks to basically play Rock-paper-scissors with psuedo-character select "build order"
>RTS "community" is absolutely unable to accept anything that is not StarCraft or Age of Empires 2
>RTS games that are exactly like these old games die because they aren't as old and haven't had as many balance patches
>RTS genre dies because people who want to have fun move to better genres like Grand Strat and RTT
>>
To be fair, age of empires 2 HD on steam is pretty alive these days
>>
>>341847020
(not him but) ive never played a blizzard game before and i was excited for Overwatch and have had alot of fun playing it
>>
File: 1455748880739.jpg (25 KB, 500x564) Image search: [Google]
1455748880739.jpg
25 KB, 500x564
RTS has always been a niche genre. Unlike other genres, RTS didn't see a massive increase in playerbase during the mainstream casualization of the industry over the past 10-15 years, mainly because you can't casualize RTS without gutting its most basic concepts (see: DotA and ASSFAGGOTS).

As for why you don't see it discussed on /v/ or /vg/, there's two reasons. The first is that most RTS communities have other places where they can discuss their game of choice without having to dig through 50 threads of whatever /v/'s current flavor of the month is, or dealing with /vg/'s rampant autistic circlejerking.

The second reason is that RTS threads that do pop up here on /v/ always devolve into one of two things: /vg/ rejects shitposting about Koreans/SC2, and DoWfags bitching about Dark Crusade vs Soulstorm.

It's best to just do as I and many others have and find somewhere else to bitch about the death of RTS.
>>
>>341845217
It's real
It's even a pretty popular "opinion" that gets reposted regularly on /v/
Other buzzwords include "gook clicks" and using the term "build orders" incorrectly
>>
>>341847518
The difference is that being good in rts starts to feel like work quickly rather than being creative or having good reactions
>>
>>341847203

>le sc2 is ded gaem meme
>le sc2 is shit meme

Both of these were perpetuated by ASSFAGGOTSfags who were insecure because they knew they games are casual bullshit compared to SC2.

SC2 only got big in 2011 because it was on the forefront of streaming and the "new generation" of e-sports. It's still a niche title.

SC2 has a small but dedicated scene that's WAY less cancerous that other e-sports games and LotV is, despite some flaws, an amazingly deep and fun game, that's on par with BW in terms of skill ceiling (not my opinion, but the one of top korean Pros).
>>
>>341847373
Does that game have 90s tier pathfinding? I tried replaying sc1 recently but i couldn't keep on playing after a few levels, it's not even the selection limit or the forced low res 4:3. The pathfinding in that game is so terrible, i have no idea how i've dealt with it when i was young.
>>
>>341845916

How long does it take to git this gud?
>>
rts are a chore to play

rtt is better
>>
Is heroes of annihilated empires good? Its been sitting in my steam library since christmas.
>>
>>341847723
>feel like work quickly
>having good reactions
same thing
>rather than being creative
that has more to do with most rts games being decades old
But I can't disagree that raw mechanics will win over strategy any time
That's why turn based is better if you want to have a pure strategy game
>>
>>341847796
In general it's okayish, but I notice problems when sending units out into dark areas to scout and they often get stuck in forests
>>
>>341847796
>Does that game have 90s tier pathfinding?
Path finding is pretty good in aoe 2 even in the non hd version
It's in 3 that it gets fucked
>>
Just started playing Supcom 2 again yesterday with a friend. it may not be FA, but it's still top fun to me.

I wish a new godlike RTS would come out in the next couple of years, but I think with the lack of demand, it isn't going to happen.
>>
>>341847962

Not him, but the answer is long. Very long.
>>
>>341847964
Real time tit?
>>
>>341848165
Tactic, basically squad level like dawn of war
>>
>>341846540
The same argument could be made about a lot of releases in a lot of genres.
>>
The better you are at RTS games, the less fun they are.

I just want to see dudes fight each other spectacularly.

Total War does that really well.

RTS games are primitive and require work to see that archaic "fighting" happen.
>>
>>341846235
I remember seeing a bw tournament on afreeca and warcraft3 has a comeback in china right now, the tournamens gets a few thousand views on twitch, not counting the asian streams that probably have much more
>>
>>341848005
Selecting and ordering units is less fun than playing quake or fightan games though. Difference probably stems from the latter being directly linked to one character and naturalistic movement and the former being basically the same thing as really fast desktop operating with a military skin. RTS games could really use some form of mental control.
>>
I usually play C&C, Supreme, or Civ but recently ive been playing the halo wars 2 beta, not bad at all
>>
dota killed rts
>>
>>341845607
Not at all.

The cover system is completely replaced with DoW1's.
The units themslevs are more static piees like in DoW1.
The base-buillding is there, just like in DoW1.
The heavy-handed counter is also in, straight out of DoW1.
The map design is oncce again just the empty planes from DoW1.
The number of units is once again ludicrously high and out of whack for the 40k setting with entire chapters worth of marines killed in a single skirmish, just like in DoW1.
People are bitching more so because there's no real part of DoW2 left in it.
The elite units are taken more from WC3 than they are from DoW2.
Suppression or retreating are also completely gone, despite being essential in DoW2.
There's also no garrisoning in there, another very important part of DoW2.

The problem here is they are calling it DoW1 meets DoW2 when it really is DoW1 meets WC3.
>>
>who can click the fastest simulator
How about no.
>>
>>341847449
>you can't casualize RTS without gutting its most basic concepts
Blizzard tried with SC2.
>>
>>341847796
>90s pahfinding.

Not really. Pathfinding even back then was already good enough, it is that Starcraft 1 is a complete piece of shit code that was hacked away on the WC2 engine that its patfinding sucks so much.
RTS games not made by absolute hacks already had very good pathfinding by 1999.

src:
http://www.codeofhonor.com/blog/the-starcraft-path-finding-hack
>>
File: aomx 2015-04-19 19-03-31-87.jpg (217 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
aomx 2015-04-19 19-03-31-87.jpg
217 KB, 1024x768
I like to play RTS casually in
single player
>>
>>341849308
Right there with ya m8
>>
>>341847449
>/vg/ rejects
XDDD
IS THIS AN /SCV/ IS A GOOD THREAD MEME?
>>
>>341849308
The most fun way to play RTS, multiplayer powergaming makes me sick.
>>
>>341849308
>I like to have fun.

Delete that shit, mate! Do you want a Party Van coming your way or something? You might as well hold hands with a grill at this point.
>>
>>341849308
>used to love RTS when I was young
>was terrible at them, but I liked seeing all the units and the cool things they could do
>loved the big battles and satisfying destruction
>ended with supcom experimentals, drawing out matches just to look at massive battles between titans
>present day
>actually decent at RTS
>to do anything well competitively have to have the right build order
>constant micro and macro
>nonstop production
>most games are over before anything cool or big can happen

I miss blissful ignorance, in this genre above all else.
>>
>>341849308
is this not how you're supposed to play it? have I been doing it wrong all these years
>>
File: Marine_SC1_Art2.jpg (94 KB, 500x560) Image search: [Google]
Marine_SC1_Art2.jpg
94 KB, 500x560
>>341849308
I've played every Starcraft game to this day just for the campaigns.
>>
RTS games have been made obsolete for the majority.

RTS games are now in the same place as Arena FPS.

In other words, dead as fuck and never coming back ever. Not a maybe coming back one day, not a "it could come back you don't know dude".

It's dead. Forever.

As technology and more importantly the internet/online "improves", the environments online won't be as good as they were in the 90s.

Online gaming has been ruined and thus, Arena FPS and RTS games as a whole, are also ruined.

Kinda like MMOs, they will never be the same in your 30s as they were when you were playing ultima online when you were a kid. They will never be the same in your 30s as they were when you first fired up Ragnarok Online.

Arena FPS and RTS games will come and go throughout the years, but they will never actually be relevant at all whatsoever with lasting appeal past a 5 year mark.

Kids nowadays don't play shit that takes time to learn mechanics, look up build orders, look up different ways to do things, etc.

And any adult that plays newer arena fps and rts games will just end up inevitably slowing down, losing interest and stopping with seldom resurges for updates and whatnot, but overall they will inevitably realize the shit isn't as fun or exciting at that age compared to the age of wonderment and excitement when they were much younger.

Same could be said for the majority of games, but one thing is certain.

RTS and Arena FPS are both dead, and they will never come back. People will try to do it, but it will never, EVER actually matter and it will never have any staying power at all whatsoever.
>>
>>341849595
It's not like try-harding wasn't a thing even back then but it worked just like in TT games.
It's okay for you to stomp once with some BS strat you pulled from who knows where but keep doing it and no one will set his units on the other side of the table ever again.

When everything goes through a lobby, you can just ignore ThatGuy1337 and not jump into his games, it was that simple.
>>
>that feel when I kind of like RTS games despite being absolute trash tier at them

It feels pretty bad
>>
Grey Goo took the last bit of hope I still had for the genre from me
>>
>>341850000
Nice quads.

Don't worry, depending on the game, the majority of what you need to know to get good is basic counter and strategy knowledge, and then just practice.
>>
>>341839390
>Implying I'm not playing Tiberian Sun

I just cannot stop
>>
>>341849268

>SC2 is casualized.

This must be why BW vets across the board complained that LotV is too hard when it launched, right?

>Canata, one of SPL commentator, had an interview with xportsnews and was asked to make a statement about LotV.

>"Still it needs much improvement. The point is, compared with HotS, it becomes more harder to control your units due to additional active skills. This is quite retrograde, considering games like Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm, which has recently risen for its 'easy to learn, hard to master' strategy. LotV is, as I said, going against this current. For instance, entry barrier has been raised; every unit has its active skill and base resources deplete so quickly. Though I`m quite sure that Blizz has its own plan, I must say that a loved the game is the game that ordinary people can easily enjoy."

>"LotV is too difficult now, even for me, a former pro-gamer."

Really, shut up if you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>341849915
RTS games are entirely like fighting games.

The difference is that fighting games still get new players while RTS games do not.
The reason being the community alone.

And don't start with the bullshit >kids nowadays excuse since starting in DotA or even fucking LoL takes thousand times the effort and time compared to starting in a normal RTS like C&C or AoE2.

Of course, you can go online and get your shit pushed in, get yelled at for being useless and everything but guess what... you can do that in RTS games as well.
>>
>>341850109
>one person said this so it's a fact
wew
e
w
>>
>>341850187

Fighting games are also a million times more fun to watch. The commentators and the players themselves are so casual about stuff so it feels really interesting and enjoyable to watch, so people end up getting interested in the genre.
>>
File: ree.jpg (130 KB, 618x564) Image search: [Google]
ree.jpg
130 KB, 618x564
>>341850279
>The commentators and the players themselves are so casual
>>
>>341846540
The issue is that you nignogs refuse to support any game that makes an attempt to break the fucking mold. If I got a cent for every time I've heard AGE OF EMPIREs 2 IS BETTAR in every fucking thread about RTS my bloodline would never have to work again.
>>
>>341839902
i finally killed the wolf last year. such a great series, i probably have 1000+ hours in it.
>>
>>341850190
I'm sure you know better that people who play these games for a living, retarded /v/ermin trash
>>
>>341850342
breaking the cycle means nothing if you dont do it well

original game design is hard
>>
>>341850440
Sweet irony calling people /v/ermin when you yourself are one.
>>
>>341850190

>Implying it was only 1 person.
>Implying I'm going to spoon feed you.
>>
Spellforce 3 info!

>It's in Nazispeak.

Any Germanbros wanna translate shit for us?
>>
>>341850187
Think is the fighting game community doesn't whine and bitch every single time something that has every reason to be made easier gets made easier.

Rising Thunder wasn't a bad game because it had one-button special moves, it was a bad game because it was designed poorly.

Same thing now with SFV. Shit, awful game, but no one's complaining about the lack of 1-frame-links. Shit, removing those are the only things that SFV did right.
>>
>>341850503
I'm not the one regurgitating retarded /v/ memes like calling sc2 casual. You are. Fucking retarded sheep.
>>
I never played an Age of game before, what should I play?
>>
>>341850471
Just like I said, no one will ever attempt anything because you ride the age of empires 2 cock so hard. If someone attempts anything to break the mold and it's not up to the stupid standards of RTS players they will hate your game for all eternity.

So tell me why any sane developer should make any attempts at this genre when the chances for the game to bomb is so fucking gigantic, when their first attempt at any game have to be better then age of empires 2 to get decent sales. You guys have dug your own grave and just keep digging it further.
>>
Interesting perspective on the "death" of SC2, by Artosis, one of the english casters who lives in Korea.

twitch dot tv/artosis/v/69809342?t=10m22s
>>
File: 1451875548126.png (65 KB, 226x224) Image search: [Google]
1451875548126.png
65 KB, 226x224
>friends don't like RTS games and shit at them
>turns out one of them likes them
>finally able to play RTS with someone
>we tend to talk everyday, kind of best bro
>he suddenly disappeared two days ago

I think I'll call him tomorrow...b-but I'm sure h-he's fine, r-right guys?
>>
>>341850704
If you like modern fast RTS games, go with AoM or AoE3, depending on your preference in eras.
If you like older and slower RTS games, go with AoE2 (not HD).
>>
>>341851020

Why not AoE2 HD?
>>
File: 1419952555834.png (130 KB, 232x198) Image search: [Google]
1419952555834.png
130 KB, 232x198
>>341850925

>"Stop reading Reddit"

I instantly like this guy.
>>
I want to replay Red Alert 2 again, what mods should I get?
>>
>>341851057
It's a shitty cash-in that breaks stuff.

People really play the original with fan patches (which also do the same stuff AoE2 HD does, but for free and without a million bugs).
>>
>>341851057
We wuz kings.
>>
>>341839390
i feel you OP, sometimes you can't find what you're looking for on the entirety of 4chan

>tfw no chess generals on /tg/ or /asp/
>>
>>341851057
lag
use vooby instead
>>
>>341845916
>5+ aps
You fucking wot
How
>>
>>341839390
Most people are playing HoI4, Company of Heroes 2 or Dawn of War.

RTS isn't that dead, there are a lot of live games.
>>
>>341850781
Maybe they should attempt to surpass the standard RTS formula instead of pissing around with half-baked spinoffs.
>>
I love the eternal butthurt of Blizzdrones.
>>
File: 1457110993692.jpg (41 KB, 1033x679) Image search: [Google]
1457110993692.jpg
41 KB, 1033x679
>>341849308
>>341849384
>>341849554
>>341849607
>>341849704
>>
RTS is my go-to chill genre. But that's also why I don't enjoy it competitive, I'd rather play something like Settlers 3 or Majesty.
>>
>>341851441
Except the "standard" of RTS is one of the best RTS games ever created. That's the fucking standard. The standard is so fucking high that no developer cares about the meager profits of the fans anymore.

I actually asked /v/ about what they wanted from the music of an RTS game. The general consensus were that you had to have +40 songs, +5 minutes long and they all had to be of extreme high quality else it was shit.
>>
>>341851360
injection
creep tumor
basic micro

It ramps up fast without you realize it as you get better
>>
File: rockypass_1.jpg (917 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
rockypass_1.jpg
917 KB, 1280x800
What are some RTS games that have solid single player campaigns?

Original War was pretty great.
>>
>>341850925
>SC is fun to play, fun to watch
>starts playing
>screen is just jumping around
>get deafened by the sound of him bashing his keyboard and clicking his mouse every fucking where
>does the same actions around five times in one min
Yeah, sure it's ""fun""

Don't get me wrong, I played SC2 and true that it's not among my fav/more liked RTS games, but it still can provide entertaiment. This shit he's doing is just ridiculous
>>
>>341851764
I always liked Dark Crusade/Soulstorm kind of campaing. The same deal is also in Warlords Battlecry 2 and 3.
>>
>>341850959
He probably ignored your stutter-speaking ass
>>
>>341849915
I hate it the most when people are spot on
I miss you Warlords Battlecry and Unreal Tournament :(
>>
>>341846178
why do all SC2 non players push this myth so hard ?
do they really not want to believe that some players can be so quick and precise at micro ?
>>
>>341851764
Try Praetorians just for how different it is.
>>
>>341851764
World in Conflict
>>
>>341852031
They think that the autistic five minutes of """warm up""" that takes place at the begining of the game are representative of the whole duration of a match
>>
>beautiful eternal 2D
>ugly vomit inducing 3D
This should be a sin. Not really an rts, but Age of Wonders is the most recent example I can think of of this crime.
>>
>>341851764
Original War, Warcraft 3, Homeworld and Cataclysm, Starcraft 2 WoL, World in Conflict, Age of Mythology, Comapny of Heroes and Opposing Forces, C&C:Tiberium Wars & Red alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge, Brood War.

Too bad you've played most of these.
"Jmenuji se ... Ivanovi4 Gorkij ale říkají mi Burlak."
"Je to na tobě Burlaku, veď nás!"
>>
File: Pic1.jpg (278 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Pic1.jpg
278 KB, 800x600
>>341840107
>it was very much a "build up a cool looking city and army and have fun and fuck each other up."

Pretty much how I play RTS especially in regards to Age of Empires. Just build up a cool looking fort or city, and then decide to go on a rampage once I raised everyone to max and get bored. Never got into the whole build shit quick and drop buildings wherever into a stack or pile like an autismo.

RTS is pretty gay breh.
>>
>>341849308
Same here, absolute shit in multiplayer.

Are there any games where you maintain and defend a base or region for a long time? That's basically a dream game for me.
>>
File: 1466117580573.jpg (20 KB, 704x400) Image search: [Google]
1466117580573.jpg
20 KB, 704x400
>>341852450
>you can't actually build a gate over the rails ingame
yeah, fucking great, thanks
>>
>>341852554
just get the aoe 3 improvement mod
>>
File: 1437811091106.png (73 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1437811091106.png
73 KB, 633x758
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvC6kpdvS7k
>>
>>341840107
>>341846719
I never really thought about it, but so much fucking this.

That's why I used to love RTS' and why I fucking dispise them now.

Thanks anons.
>>
>>341851725
> rts games need 3.33 hours of extremely good music
Not really, /v/s cherrypicked opinion is not the average demand of the market

RTS games just barely try to advance in general, about the only recent example i can think of is PA but that game had other issues.
>>
Let's be frank, RTS died because its fans all developed some kind of unrealistic standard where every new game is called shit unless it's literally the best thing in the genre.
>>
>>341852683
wow, this exists?
Age of Empires 3 was the only thing apart War3 that I could get my League-CS:GOfag friends into a few times
might try again
>>
>>341840020
t. contrarian
>>
>>341852886
its pretty great lets you build fort walls and a buncha other cool shit
>>
>>341852859
RTS died because the "fans" never liked RTS in the first place
All they want is a mix of base building and total war
>>
File: 1330074304835.gif (2 MB, 288x330) Image search: [Google]
1330074304835.gif
2 MB, 288x330
anybody have that RTS flow-chart for finding the right RTS 4 u?
>>
I wonder what are the chances of a Warcraft 4 announcement at Blizzcon
Coming after the Warcraft movie and World of Warcraft Legion - what is going to be the next step for the Warcraft franchise? another WoW expansion?
Or is it finally time for a new RTS game?
>>
>>341852998
this

the actual amount of people who genuinely enjoy RTS games is tiny and split among different games
>>
>>341853090
I really hope that if they make warcraft 4 they don't decide to focus heavily on the hero units with the rts on the side in an effort to catch the moba fanbase
>>
>>341852808
The issue is that small steps are not OK and it needs to be genre defining steps. Everyone starts out from somewhere, and when someone tries to make fans happy but get shutdown because he didn't take enough steps hes gonna shy away from said fans and change genre.

I've worked on 2 personal projects and showed them off to /v/ one that's a third person stealth game and another one that's an RTS. One of them I'm getting replies like "I would pay money for this", "looks like it would be amazing to play" and the other is getting squat. Guess which one got the nice replies.
>>
>>341852998
Are you saying RTS games are somehow not RTS unless they follow the competitive Starcraft formula?
>>
I'm playing Tropico 5 but I messed up, don't know if it was fun enough to start again 2bh. Probably not.
>>
File: 69c.png (296 KB, 555x504) Image search: [Google]
69c.png
296 KB, 555x504
>>341853210
You know this is EXACTLY what they'll do anon.....
>>
I used to play so much AoEIII with my friends online. Too bad most new RTS games suck and they moved on with their lives.
>>
>>341839390
RTS are too hard for your average casual so they have to play mobas or hearthstone.
>>
>>341853219
>Guess which one got the nice replies.

Show it to the right people. That is anyone but RTS players.
You'll have more freedom, real expectations and so on.
In the best case scenario, pull the old AAA trick and invent a new genre name and deny any connection to RTS.
>>
File: settlers2.png (658 KB, 1050x746) Image search: [Google]
settlers2.png
658 KB, 1050x746
>>341840107
>it was very much a "build up a cool looking city and army and have fun and fuck each other up."

my nigga

i still find myself launching settlers 2 from time to time just to experience the base growing up from a single headquarters to a massive size, watching the units go back and forth doing their jobs and carrying shit from building to building
>>
>>341853251
>Starcraft formula
And the warcraft formula
And the aoe formula
And pretty much every rts that are played in multiplayer
I'm just saying that the people who whines about RTS having a mechanical gating while they don't even grazes the surface of the genre need stop pretending to be RTS fan
There is nothing wrong with liking base building and total war style battle but there is no reason to push the RTS genre as a whole into that direction
>>
>>341853416
Fighting games are harder games... fact.
There are more people playing fighting games than RTS games... fact.
The genre is still getting great games and coverage... fact.

You suck dicks... most likely.
>>
>>341853763
Niggers are not people.
>>
>>341853251
an RTS doesn't follow the competitive starcraft formula, RTS games are INHERENTLY competitive, that's the objective of all RTS games, to defeat your enemy

If you have fun playing RTS games pretending to be playing a city builder or if you enjoy compstomping or playing with your friends like faggots waiting to max out before moving out, then good for you

but stop fucking pushing this fucking shitty meme on others and talking like you know your shit about a game you're a fucking shitter at
>>
>>341853763
>Fighting games are harder games... fact.
Not the same skillset
>>
>>341853880
F A C T
A
C
T
>>
>>341851764
Go play some Perimeter.
>>
>>341853763
>Fighting games are harder games
They are hard, but not harder than RTS. BW is literally the most difficult game ever made.

I do respect them though, unlike the average mobababby.
>>
File: 1413933310255.jpg (30 KB, 538x350) Image search: [Google]
1413933310255.jpg
30 KB, 538x350
>>341847117

>Warhammer 40 picture
>The last good RTS came out 7 years ago
>"oh gee, anothr one of those DoW 2 haters, it was different from 1 but it was still goo..."
>You're actually talking about 2
>It came out 7 years ago
>>
>>341853763
call me when there are fighting game team practice houses where players train average of 10 hours a day with only around 10 days off a year, where they have maids to do everything else necessary for them and where they have coaches who study their opponents and prepare strategies for them so they can spend more time practicing the game
>>
>>341839390
A lot people on /v/ plays RTS. The problem is when an RTS thread is created the asshole mods moves it to /vg/ even though we aren't talking about any game in particular and once on vg it fucking dies there.
>>
>>341854046
BW's difficulty isn't good difficulty
>>
>>341854046
No it isnt. Its just the first game people put together teams and organisations to improve at it.
>>
Wait, whats wrong with that new 40k warhammer space strategy game, id be all over that shit if i wasnt practically stuck bed ridden after work
>>
File: lol-ahri101.png (1 MB, 899x1299) Image search: [Google]
lol-ahri101.png
1 MB, 899x1299
>>341854091
they do all that shit in mobas

why don't you play a moba anon?
>>
>>341854271
Battlefleet Gothic: Armada?
>>
>>341854091
When the public pours millions in gambling into it. Also that shit is cancer. eSports is autostic and should NEVER BE A THING. At least here in the IS people rightly give shit when esports trash winds up on TV.
>>
>>341839390
I prefer RTT these days, means you can avoid the whole build bullshit.
>>
>>341854272
I play dota as well
>>
>>341854481
>here in the IS
allahu akbar?
>>
last real time game I enjoyed was World in Conflict

god damn that game was addicting

sadly, it's dead now
>>
File: feelsbadman.jpg (296 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
feelsbadman.jpg
296 KB, 1280x960
>>341849308
the campaing was one of the best expierences ive ever had
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (23 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
23 KB, 512x288
>>341848954
>The number of units is once again ludicrously high and out of whack for the 40k setting with entire chapters worth of marines killed in a single skirmish, just like in DoW1.
apocalypse is a thing
>>
>>341853728
>watching the units go back and forth doing their jobs and carrying shit from building to building

I wish there were more games like this. Sometimes I don't really care much about optimizing my base growing enough to not get curbstomped by an AI, I just want to sit back and watch my medieval town/base grow into a massive size from nothing and watch units do their shit and physically carry resources to places they're needed at.

Banished and its tiny as fuck production line was a fucking disappointment.
>>
>>341854807
>sadly, it's dead now

Mor eimportantly, it has no real prospective seuqels.

There are so many great concepts which actually worked and no one is making games to satiate the fan bases' thirst in the genre it's comical.

>No World in Conflict - like games
>No Battle Realms - like games
>No Ground Control - like games
>No Original War - like games
>No Battleforge - like games
>No BFME - like games
>No Kohan - like games
>No Rise of Nations - like games
>No Dawn of War 2 - like games
>No Wargame - like games

It's sickening. Feel free to expand the list with the man, many great games that have never had a single sequel or a copy made of them to this list.
Obviously, only popular games can apply.
>>
File: RTS definitive guide.png (4 MB, 2192x3016) Image search: [Google]
RTS definitive guide.png
4 MB, 2192x3016
>>341853014
I have 2, this might be the one youre looking for
>>
>>341850959
He ain't your friend till you made him suffer at least 3 humiliating defeats.
>>
>>341855017
Anno?
>>
File: fantasy sc2.jpg (179 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fantasy sc2.jpg
179 KB, 1920x1080
>>341845916

Sick city, Anon. Fantasy was one of my favorite SC2 players before he retired. Cool to see him still playing.
>>
>>341855005
>apocalypse is a thing

Yeah, analysis is for recreating the biggest battles that have ever happened in teh world like the Horus' Heresy assault on Terra, Maccrage assault by Tyranids and shit like that.
>>
>>341853728
>i still find myself launching settlers 2 from time to time just to experience the base growing up from a single headquarters to a massive size, watching the units go back and forth doing their jobs and carrying shit from building to building
but Anno 1404 does that way better
>>
>>341855186
what if we made each other suffer more than 3 humiliating defeats?
>>
>>341850625
If you have a link, sure. I really liked 1 and 2
>>
>>341855324
Here you go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBdqaByHKH4

Please tell me it's not going to be bad.
>>
>>341855407
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBdqaByHKH4
I don't even know why I'm watching that. I loathed both Spellforce 1 and 2.

It sounded so cool in concept, but ended up playing utterly boring.
>>
>>341855407
If it's being done by the same people in charge of SF2's expansions and DLC (except the first one), it's going to be absolutely garbage.
>>
File: okblob.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
okblob.webm
3 MB, 960x540
Who /coh/ ?
>>
Because RTS genre is pretty much dead right now.

Since few years, there is huge focus only "MUH MULTIPLAYER", "MUH ESPORTS" and "MUH COMPETITIVE PLAYING", which kinda killed singleplayer RTS games. Nobody is trying to take away cake that Blizzard claimed with pretty shitty SC2 (no fun allowed type of "MUH BALANCE", where everything is tailored towards multiplayer - at least at campaigns you can use older or special units), unless you are aiming at whole different type of RTS (like Wargame or mentioned Supreme Commander). Grey Goo was supposed to be attempt at "competitive RTS" kind of game and it ended awful - game where SP campaign is just training ground for fucking multiplayer, everything is adjusted towards MP, types of units, upgrades and even resource gathering is castrated, because "muh multiplayer".

"E-sport" is a disease that killed a lot of genres.
>>
>>341855407
It looks interesting. The map is split up in sectors you have to conquer by building outposts and killing enemies in it. Every sector has a certain number of workers you can assign to different tasks, i.e. chopping wood or building something. So you control them indirectly.

Your heroes have levels, items and skills to learn like in the other titles but they didn't talk that much about it. The guy mentioned it will have a single player campaign with around 20-30 hours of content with a story, NPCs and everything.
>>
>>341855407
>focus on macro economics rather than worker management
>this allows for you to focus more on the heroes while playing
>map is divided into sectors
>you conquer sectors by building outposts
>workers just get assigned to buildings in general
>in every sector there is a cap of workers allowed to work at the same time
>outpost can be upgraded to allow for more workers
>stone mason to build a quarry
>chest containing loot which can be assigned via drag an drop
>every sector has special resources
>start sector only has wood
>2nd sector has wood, stone and also food, so I could build a hunter there
>bunch of spiders getting killed with fireball
>resources are required locally so you need caravans to transport them around the map
>caravans can be intercepted and it's implied they can be raided
>exploration takes into account height differences
>higher up allows to see further
>a cliff will break LoS
>single player campaign is planned to take about 20 to 30 hours to complete
>there's a world map where you can choose which region to play in next
>non-linear campaign
>traders
>quest givers
>level up system
>skilltree
>there's gonna be skill to support the RTS part of the game, for example for more efficient workers or buildings being able to take more damage
>multiplayer mode both pvp and co-op for the entire campaign
>we're trying to craft beautiful maps with spots that feel special
>RTS part has 3 tech tiers
>every tier has their own thing, 2nd tier of humans get iron as a new resource which requires extraction
>3rd tier is magic resource aria which will be required to build the titan of which there can only be one
>this is a greenland map, there's also a swamp type of map, deserts or jungle
>there's gonna be dungeon levels which play entirely inside, but there's not gonna be an economy, but you have to rely solely on your hero party
>
>>
>>341855180
this is a horrible, opinionated and subjective chart
>>
> tfw youre not notch so you can gather all the elite RTS developers and give them a hundred million dollars to develop a monstrous ubergame
Post your pipedream RTS ideas
>>
>>341846350
>Okay. Please DO put "in my opinion" at the end of your sentences.

Here's a tip friend, once you realise that any time someone says something "sucks" it is just their opinion. They don't have to say "in my opinion" every time they have an opinion on something. Once you realise this you will stop being so mad all the time because someone bullied your favourite developer on the internet.
>>
>>341855854
Too much infuriating randomness that fucks you over.
>>
>>341855180
>warcraft 2
>too slow
>go to DoW
holy shit nigga wat?
>>
>>341856164
Hmm, the map thing sounds a lot like a mix between AoE3/WC3 system of claiming new territory through the NPC protected outposts and the RoN system of managing the actual towns.

Still, did he talk about armies at all because this is slightly more hands-off on the RTS side compared to the original game.
>>
>>341856079
>pretty shitty SC2 (no fun allowed type of "MUH BALANCE", where everything is tailored towards multiplayer

The fuck are you talking about? SC2 campaign and co-op balance has nothing to do with the multiplayer almost every unit has different stats/abilities/upgrades and of course the multiplayer is balanced for competitive play. Why wouldn't it be?
>>
I still like to watch warcraft 3. It is very enjoyable
>>
File: carv 1.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
carv 1.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
And keep them the Sam Hill away from that lab. Einstein is our ace in the hole, we can't afford to lose him.
>>
>>341856284
lol how are you supposed to make a chart recommending games without being partly subjective?
>>
>>341856164
>>341856281
Thanks for the translation, anons.
>>
>>341839390
The issue is that the genre stagnated.

There were a few different subgenres of RTS, like economy heavy ones like AoE and Stronghold, faster ones link C&C and competitive, high APM ones likes Starcraft.

Now, the issue is that a couple of games were seen to perfect the formulas in the early 2000's. You have AoE, Warcraft and the C&C games all drawing in rave reviews and were seen as the pinnacle of the genre.

From there, where do you go? In the desire to innovate, RTS series began to adopt weird mechanics that didn't work very well, or became too complex and scared off the more casual audiences.

The genre stopped being economically viable, which explains how it has mutated in the 2010's.

They're either fringe simulation games like Battlefront Normandy, hard-core strategies like Wargame or they're Microtransaction-riddled mobile trash.
>>
>>341856534
by not being a retarded faggot, disclaiming your own preferences, and talking about games objectively

so basically the opposite of /v/ nowadays
>>
File: killing machine.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
killing machine.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>yfw when this shit happens
>>
>>341856786
They should try their hands at another card game RTS like the one from EA
>>
>>341856787
nigger detected
>>
>>341856380
Like what?
>>
>>341848225
I guess it's more transparent with strats.

With an FPS, your mind kind of wanders away from the mechanics and into the action, but you can't do that with a strategy game because you have to consider so much at once and you have to avoid action to build resources.

Also, you can't really jump into a strat. With the likes of overwatch you can spool it up with some friends and play a few games before going somewhere, but even a 1v1 on AoE is a whole evening unless you steamroll right at the start.
>>
>>341848239
>Do really well on campaign map
>Have great economy and loads of armies
>Get bored and declare war on three allies/trade partners because I want to do some battles and all the people I should be at war with are too small to give a decent challenge
>>
File: whisper.jpg (471 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
whisper.jpg
471 KB, 600x800
Unit lost.
>>
>>341849308
>Beat Warcraft 3 campaign on normal
>Really enjoy every minute of it
>Think I'm hot shit
>Go to multiplayer
>Get stomped 15 times in a row

Never again.
>>
>>341857747
When I predict my lose
I make an army of mortar teams and sorceress go invisible and destroy my enemy base
>>
>>341855207
>>341855305
>Anno
I've always thought these looked cool, which is a good one to get in with? 1404 and 1701 look good.
>>
>>341857575

Insufficient funds
Insufficient funds
On hold
Cancelled
>>
>>341858018
1404 with the Venice expansion is great. But my personal favorite is 2070.
>>
>>341857747
>not playing the infinitely better custom games

I only played a single ranked game to get the gunner icon.
>>
>>341855171

>No Original War - like games

Original War deserved a sequel. It was so good mix of RTS and RPG that I cleared whole games at least few times so far and STILL had fun each time.
>>
>>341858082
My computer's sort of a toaster so I think 1404 might be the way to go. If I liked the economy side of Stronghold does Anno go for that kind of thing? I like managing stuff in RTS as much as battles.
>>
>>341858018
ive had the most fun with 1603 and 1701. I didnt get caught to long in 1404, especially after ive built the superstructurs it felt like i was done with the game.
>>
An RTS needs a good single player/skirmish and a good multiplayer component, doing only one or the other leads to the game dying too quickly for a community to emerge.
>>
File: S1.jpg (132 KB, 720x568) Image search: [Google]
S1.jpg
132 KB, 720x568
>>341853728
That was the Amiga for me. Settlers, Theme park and motherfucking Realms. Just pure building games for most parts.
>>
I like DoW1 and attempted to run the Ultimate Apocalypse Mod for SS.

computer too potato
>>
File: SupCom02.webm (3 MB, 889x500) Image search: [Google]
SupCom02.webm
3 MB, 889x500
Where my SupCom bro's at?

Also what the fuck is up with idiots on FAF making "noobs only"-games and then being rank +1000 themselves.
Absolutely disgusting, have they no shame?
>>
>>341858554
SupCom and mainly it's units always felt slow, sluggish and unresponsive to me.
>>
>>341858554
Needs a proper sequel
>>
File: Wololo.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Wololo.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
Wololo
>>
>>341858664
Because they simulate real movement.
E.g. no turning on a plate and moving while not fully turned.
>>
File: relic00305.jpg (1 MB, 1599x899) Image search: [Google]
relic00305.jpg
1 MB, 1599x899
>>341858431
When was that? This year it got some updates that make it run twice as well as it used to after they got a guy to go over their code. It used to choke up and run like shit on my computer but now it goes okay. Framerate goes to hell when four full-size armies clash but it's much better.
>>
>>341858554
here
just started playing online after years of playing LAN with friends of mine and wow I am getting my ass kicked.
>>
>>341858776
yeah it's fucking annoying
>>
>>341856397
Yeah it's nothing really new but I like the indirect worker control, it should help with being focused on the heroes. Sadly he didn't talk a lot about armies

>tfw sending all your troops to your enemy and you switch to third person to witness the battle

There was another game which had that feature but it was with Romans, Egyptians etc.
>>
File: the future of gaming.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
the future of gaming.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>341858776
yep it was annoying >>341858865

I played a lot of MoW and even tanks felt more alive than SupCom's stuff.
Or Spring RTS games' units.

I'm not saying SupCom is bad or anything, but this always annoyed me.
>>
The following reasons are why RTSes are dying:

They're just too gamey.

You have shit like building bases and producing infantry in them on such a small scale, totally unrealistic. You have units attacking each other and taking like 10 hits to kill each other.

They're effectively irrelevant nowadays because if you want to play a real strategic game that takes tactical skill, not micro-management skills, you play a tactics game, a grand strategy game or a wargame, there are plenty out there. The Total War series, for example, effectively combined all these things and made RTSes irrelevant.
>>
>>341858886
>There was another game which had that feature but it was with Romans, Egyptians etc.

Ah, you mean Rise and Fall.
>>
File: misplaced_icons.png (2 MB, 1360x767) Image search: [Google]
misplaced_icons.png
2 MB, 1360x767
>>341839390
how to fix missing right row of icons?
Latest version of RotR.
Changing resolution doesn't fix anything, reinstalled it for the 7th time and I don't know what to do.
>>
>>341846350
>>341852920
enjoy your hats fucking shitters
>>
>>341858952
this looks so fucking cheap wow
>>
>>341858952
ow
>>
>>341840000
Is fucking NOBODY AT ALL gunna talk about these quads?!?!?!?!

And yes SCFA is very much alive and I still suck after 200 hours of practice
>>
>>341858737

Good point, sir. I will accept my new blue lords!
>>
>>341859031
>You have shit like building bases and producing infantry in them on such a small scale, totally unrealistic. You have units attacking each other and taking like 10 hits to kill each other.

>he doesn't know you're supposed to imagine every unit as a squad of an amount of said unit's equal to their health
wow i bet you complain buildings are too small for your units to fit in to as well
>>
File: pc-61776-11440404895.jpg (162 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
pc-61776-11440404895.jpg
162 KB, 800x600
Post not well known RTS games.
>>
>>341859239
> you're supposed to imagine every unit as a squad of an amount of said unit's equal to their health

That's exactly why it's unimmersive, though. As computer graphics have improved that's become less of a problem. In any case, some games like Blitzkrieg, Sudden Strike, and the Cossacks series recognised the need for large number of units that easily died in order to maintain any semblance of immersion.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 89

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.