[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why aren't you enjoying the best co-op game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 83
File: Killing_floor_2_art.jpg (148 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
Killing_floor_2_art.jpg
148 KB, 460x215
why aren't you enjoying the best co-op game?
>>
Because I refuse to support the turbokike company that is Tripwire. I feel for the RO2 meme and I will not be fooled again
>>
>>341837825
I've been mostly playing Overwatch for multiplayer games. But since there's a new update I might play some more this weekend. If I can stop playing Stranger of Sword City, anyway.
>>
>>341837825
KF>KF2
>>
>>341839350
Yeah this
>>
File: 1454228594019.gif (2 MB, 330x166) Image search: [Google]
1454228594019.gif
2 MB, 330x166
>>341837825
>teleporting
>resistances
>cash shop
>still in early access
>>
>>341840970
Did they really bring teleporting back in? I thought a patch a year ago removed it.
>>
File: JUSTPUTHIM INFRONTOFMEFAM.jpg (20 KB, 632x307) Image search: [Google]
JUSTPUTHIM INFRONTOFMEFAM.jpg
20 KB, 632x307
>>341840970

what should've been done...

5mins in paint
>>
File: _Joshu_did_nothing_wrong_.png (67 KB, 226x370) Image search: [Google]
_Joshu_did_nothing_wrong_.png
67 KB, 226x370
Played for the first time in forever last night, this resistance mechanic is fucking disgusting. Siren's taking 3 double barrel shots on hard? Tripwire go home.
>>
>>341841120
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iioso0ozroE
>>
>>341837825
most business owners haven't ever been thought how to business. ALL of the business works by it offering something being a good or a service. However the first thing that business school teaches you is that fisrt you have to give in order to take, and the best way is to think of something that is good for society, because those things are allways needed. ALL successfull companies have started this way. Coca Cola - Let's make a refreshing sweet bevarage that everyone enjoys. KFC - lets make great food that is easy to eat with your hands and is not as expensive as rstourants. Even the first mass produced car - lets make something that will make peoples life easyer. And now all of those are swimming in revenue.

In Video Games market companies should strive to deliver something that people are looking for. Kiling Floor is a wave based co op shooter - how can you make it so it's good for society? Lets make a game where you don't have to follow a straight line and have a storry, instead make something that people can relax after work/school and shoot some beings while they have to work together and give them differentways to dispose of those beings. This is it you provide a stress releaver for people and they pay you back by buying your cosmetics or whatever.

Unfortunately TWI didn't go in that direction. The first question they asked themselves when starting is - how to make more money fast.

Early Access - check
Digital deluxe first day DLC - check
Exclusive cosmetics (dosh jacket) - check
Cross promotion - check
Microtransactions - check
DLCs - check
Crates+key microeconomy - check

cont.
>>
>>341842367
While TWI are all bussy thinking of some other way to profit from their game - the base product offers absolutely nothing. It's made to cater to little kids while it's 18+. It is a console game released to PC with all the negatives and nothing of the positives. It's not something thats good for society, so the society is rejecting it.

There are rules in the business that you must follow in order to be successfull, thats why there are schools and universities dedicated to that.

Right now KF2 is a hot pile of .
At the beginning it was a "successor of KF1" - so that all the KF1 fans would buy it.
Then it became a casual console version after they removed the circle strafe - so that the casual gamer might pick it up.
Then it became a pretentious micro economy for people with gambling addiction - so the Idlers might pick it up.
Then they introduced PvP - so that L4D2 crowd might pick it up.

And now with the latest update they saw that the game will soon be dead and tried to bring back the individual skill in this game by adding resistance - creating a HUGE pile of horse of a game that is not released on console, but it's console game released on PC in Early access with ALL possible monetarisation systems, ALL content from it is cut out for later releases like 2 whole perks and ALL other weapons that should have been in the game allready.

KF1 was in a niche - the most beautifull thing to have when you are a business owner - a niche in the market. However bad decisions, contract obligations, GREED and incompetence of the TWI owners and staff killed all of their company. Soon they will have to change the name or create another studio to try and deceive people, because itnernet remembers everything, just go and look at Death by daylight forums a game created by intepended developers but published by Overkill/Starbreeze the same people behind the Payday 2 fiasco ... it's the same hot mess as Killing Floor 2.

cont.
>>
>>341842445

I can see that TWI have a contract with PC gamer to write good news about their product. They even won the Multiplayer of the year PC gamer award with their Rising Storm game that has like 300 players ...

You can see that the game has been rejected when you have a free weekend and the average online player base have barely grown. People don't want this game even for free now.

To summarise - TWI had the one unique opportunity to become even more successfull than EA or Ubi because of the niche they holded with Killing Floor - but they blew it all by the sheer greed.

end.
>>
KF1 is superior in every way to KF2.

-Perks are already balanced and all released.
-There are more weapons for each class.
-No Zed teleportation.
-No resistance bs.
-The boss isn't insanely overpowered/underpowered depending on what perks your team has.
-There's more community content.
-The music is better.
-It runs for just about everyone, even people with potatos like me.
-There's no VS garbage.
-Perks aren't split into two perks for the illusion of more content.

The only real downside is that too many people have gone to KF2, leaving this game nearly dead.
>>
>>341837825
Virtually no business in existence is or ever will be your friend. There are a few good people out there whom do their work not for the sake of greed but for the community, but even these good people often fall prey to lesser needs and the ones that do not are eventually forced to as the company grows and begins to demand more of them. And almost nobody wants to settle for less or even has the luxury to do so. Even if you can name off a list of companies that do not do these things, I would be willing to guarantee that they will at some point down the line, or, they will be bought out and replaced by those who will. It's the nature of the beast. I highly recommend that you never put "faith" in a developer, the only thing you should trust are the results and honest reviews. I guess my comment has little point here or to the OP, but I just thought I'd put it out there. Keep your money in your wallet, do not pre-order or opt-in to anything without a good foundation without being prepared to get burned.
>>
>>341837825
the game is confused on what it should be and what we expect from it. At the moment it seems to be a cross between TF2, CS:GO, L4D and COD.

The TF2 and CS:GO side is cosmetics and MTs.
The L4D side is PvP.
The CoD side is more basic shooting mechanics, tracers for every commando weapon, auto lock on, crosshair (optional).

I think it will get worse before it gets better and I have strong feeling those 2 new perks are going to appear as DLC somewhere along the line with more content to push the sales.
>>
Are all the perks finally back yet? Are the updates still slow as fuck?

I left it ages ago, seems dead now. Only reason there's 6k is because it's a free weekend, I'm guessing it will probably die again after a week.
>>
File: 1429575134242.jpg (26 KB, 283x288) Image search: [Google]
1429575134242.jpg
26 KB, 283x288
>WAAAH ENEMIES ACTUALLY TAKE EFFORT TO KILL NOW
>WAAAAAAAAAH WHY CANT I RUN 6 DEMOS AND KILL EVERYTHING EASY PEASY
>WAAAAAH WHY DO WE HAVE TO USE STRAGEDY
The butthurt is real.
>>
Do you see how this thread slides to the last page, Tripwire?

That's because no one gives a shit about your game anymore
>>
>>341843578
A well thought out argument, an absolutely joy of a comment.
>>
>>341843578
>>WAAAAAAAAAH WHY CANT I RUN 6 DEMOS AND KILL EVERYTHING EASY PEASY
How to tell someone's never played the game.
>>
>>341843674
I do, anon.
>>
>>341839350
/thread
>>
>>341837825
PvP

VR

Crates + key MTs.

Console release

You can clearly see that TWI are trying to cater to what is hip right now. And we are not included. They don't need us. They need the kids with rich parents, what better way to filter than making a Oculus exclusive tittle?

Sleazy company. Lies and greed and desparation is what drives them in that direction. Unfortunately for them there are others on the horizon that will deliver awesome games by the end of the year or the start of next year and their dreams will be crushed.

Look at Space Hulk Deathwing. Look at Strafe. Awesome games done with love, not products done for the sole reason to create revenue by exploiting the customers.

So long Tripwire Interactive. Just go on the back of the line with all the others that tried that and failed miserably.

See Dead by daylight. A game done by some unkown studio published by Starbreeze and the game is allready dead and experiencing cancer and people asking if there will be Microtransactions and not buying. The developeres might be cool and nice people but the damage they did to thmeselves with Payday 2 fiasco is hurting all their products even those that are not affiliated at all.

Internet will never forget nor forgive actions like that. Change your name, change your logo, completely renew your staff - internet will still remember. I don't understand why companies go against the rules of the market and what is written in the business books. They absolutely counsciously do the opposite and then wonder whats happening ...
>>
>>341843838
Demo was the shit before it got hit with all the nerfs. On the other hand Sharpshooter is so stupidly broken it's literally impossible to lose when you have 4 of them on HoE.
>>
>>341843843
Time to jump the ship, buddy.
>>
>>341843859
pvp isn't bad
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-18+at+01.15.24).jpg (433 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-18+at+01.15.24).jpg
433 KB, 1920x1080
No matter how they fuck up the game, it's still pretty fun casually and I still love the effort they put into the aesthetic of it. I can't resist taking pictures when playing.
>>
Things just get worse and worse after each update. I'm ashamed I have so many hours of this game logged in, if only I could refund.
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-18+at+01.47.22).jpg (538 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-18+at+01.47.22).jpg
538 KB, 1920x1080
>>341843979
>>
File: 3057459-myass.png (840 KB, 373x867) Image search: [Google]
3057459-myass.png
840 KB, 373x867
>>341837825
Doesn't run on my platform
Also it's criminally unfinished and they've somehow managed to fuck Berserker even worse than they did in KF1 if the reports are to be believed
>>
>>341843973
That's your opinion, what about the rest of that post? lol
>>341843979
taking pictures, yes ! you can take pictures at any given moment, that's absolutely awesome !
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-17+at+12.48.58).jpg (546 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-17+at+12.48.58).jpg
546 KB, 1920x1080
>>341844053
>waaaah i'm ashamed i enjoyed a video game, i want to refund something i got more than my money's worth in entertainment from!
that's how dumb your post sounded

>>341844057
>>
>>341837825
they want a slice of the CS:GO/COD pie and that appears to be the target audience with the introduction of PvP, Crates and MTs.

If they'd have released those or even announced them after EA they might have had no bad feedback at all but adding them the way they did when, at the time, the game had other issues was just wrong.

It makes me laugh sometimes, they mock the COD audience yet now want to be friends, how times change ;)
>>
>>341843973
you're right, it's downright terrible
>>
>>341844172
Nice post but who are you quoting?
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-18+at+01.57.19).jpg (744 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-18+at+01.57.19).jpg
744 KB, 1920x1080
>>341844234
I'm paraphrasing you.

>>341844172
>>
>>341842640
KF2 is barrelling down the path to shit city at the speed of molasses, but it took many years for KF1 to get anywhere near as much content as it has now. It's also hard to go back to. The enemies are much easier to take down. They just walk at you in a straight line and hardly move their heads. It's definitely the better experience for now, but I'd be saying KF2 will surpass it if not for them wasting their time on crates, and VS, and VR, and resistances, and other garbage that adds nothing to how people want to play the game.
>>
altough the new resistance system is undergoing changes, alot of people complained on the TW forum for it to be either removed or heavily balanced, the results?
yesterday they released the first live patch which pretty much removed trash zeds resistances
>>
>>341837825
It sounds to me as if the very clear, major reason not to move over to KF2 is because KF2 isn't finished yet. There's no guarantee that what you are sinking your time and money into is ultimately going to be a good game. Even its creators don't seem to know what it's going to be.

What the community wanted was Killing Floor in a suit: the same distinctive playability, done in a modern game engine that offers better graphics. The same team-based experience with the same ironic humour... just more polished to take advantage of the power of a modern mid-spec gaming PC or a modern high-end laptop. (And note I don't mention consoles.)

KF2 isn't a worthy successor to Killing Floor. It's like that Jar Jar Binks thing that George Lucas made. (What was that called? The podracing one with young Anakin in it.) It was nicer looking than the old Star Wars... but virtually all the old fans disliked it.

You have to understand what made the original so popular... and if you don't understand that then it's best that the job is given to somebody else.
>>
>>341837825
players are asking in large numbers for specific changes yet they seem to be ignored, the devs wanted feedback and they're getting it and yet so long after release even the basic things asked to be removed/tweaked are still in the game or unchanged.

How does that look to anyone watching the game but has yet to buy it? Not good at all, players appear to be ignored or are silenced for voicing a major concern on the forums
>>
File: strong independent womym.jpg (308 KB, 1369x935) Image search: [Google]
strong independent womym.jpg
308 KB, 1369x935
>>341844293
>ignoring that the second post iss directly quoting the other guy's post
>ignoring that the third quote is calling out someone bitching that they can't refund a game they've spent plenty of time enjoying
good post

>>341844265
last picture
>>
>>341844392
So what you're saying is that Disney is going to buy out Tripwire and make a KF3 so utterly safe and derivative that KF2 will look like a masterpiece by comparison?
>>
>>341844293
Probably a shill, I can't imagine anyone defending this shitty game after all its been through by now. Fucking months long droughts of no content whatsoever, butchering perks, MARKET, PVP SHIT NO ONE ASKED FOR, and we are still missing a ton of perks.

Early access done right. What a joke of a company.
>>
>>341844293
Half the thread is crying about the fact that the Scrake isn't the only one with resistances now. It's quite fitting.
>>
>>341844493
Keep posting more screenshots, it might make people want the game!
>>
>>341837825

I Bought this game for early access like 5 years ago, wtf is happening.

First and last time I pay for early access.
>>
>>341844541
Amen
>>
>>341842640
KF2 is a good example of devs going for style over substance
>>
>>341844541
>WAAAAAAAAH THEY ADDED STUFF
>>
>>341837825
I played a free weekend, and well, its just, imo, a bad game.
there are numerous issues that either get ignored, or made worse as updates come...and no, Im not going to go into detail because we all know what they are as they have been, and continue to be talked about by numerous other posters...at least until TWI bans them that is.

For a while I was still somewhat on the fence, waiting for it to finished before making my final decision, but seeing how TWI has lied to us, and controlled the forums I doubt I will ever buy one of their games again regardless of how good it may or may not be.

the fact that they would ban the people complaining/pointing out negative things, such as the mt system, and then change the posting rules requiring you to have the game to be able to post in order to prevent those banned from coming back on another account is just beyond wrong and stupid, especialy when other posters, that support the game, were guilty of 10x the amount of rule violations but were not banned.

TWI really needs to get thier heads out of thier asses and realize that thier jackboot tactics are realy going to come back and bite them in the ass hard. the negative game reviews are just one example, with many people listing what TWI is doing, forum wise, and game wise.

people talk bad about the AAA studios, but you dont see them mass banning people from the forums and then changing the posting rules in an attempt to control what opinions are seen.
>>
>>341844493
>Melbourne
Ahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahhaha
ahahahahaahahahaha
Hahahahahahahaha
Christ who thought this was a worth making.
>>
I like it. Sure, I hate the fact that it's taking forever to release every perk, but when I play it with friends I have a blast.
>>
>>341844628
>5 years ago
nice b8
>>
>>341842640
>-Perks are already balanced
While I agree KF1 is superior, don't fucking piss in my ear and tell me it's raining. KF1's class balance is atrocious.
>>
File: bloat.jpg (787 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bloat.jpg
787 KB, 1920x1080
>>341844598
Are you trying to make me mad or something? Or are you actually butthurt that I crashed your thread with something nice to say about the game?

I don't care if you play the game, just sharing cool screenshots. But I'll dig into my hard drive for one last picture.
>>
>>341844708
what happened to the screenshots? you were doing a fantastic job at that!
>>
>>341844819
that wasn't me anon.
>>
>>341844819
Fuck off mate
>>
>>341837825
>early access

Sorry I don't pay money to beta test. I'll let the retards who promote the early access trend do that for me. Every review on steam right now is complaining about the bugs and how to just wait till it actually releases to play it. Yeah, no shit you fucking retards, you are paying the developers so you can beta test their game, that makes you a cuck. And tripwire is the bull, not only that the devs are massive SJWs who are constantly posting about safe spaces and how females shouldn't be objectified.

Supporting these devs is the most retarded thing you could do, oh yeah and it's also in early access, only retards buy unfinished games.
>>
>>341844708
Shill post.
>>
>>341844793
You didn't crash anything you dumbshit
>>
>>341844768

I exaggerated, but holy shit never fall for the early access meme no matter how much you liked the previous game. However, it was only $30, a lot cheaper than most AAA games.
>>
>>341839350
I don't know how they did it, but they made a game that's worse than KF1. I've really tried to like it, but everytime I play it I miss KF1.
>>
>>341837825
Certain things I do like about the game but it frustrates me when I see them unintentionally killing off their player base because of some of their decisions, it's like they want a whole new group of players and don't want the KF1 long-term players around so they can change whatever they feel like because these new players are happy with anything.

They should also bear in mind that some of these long-term players have been around for years and bought/gifted multiple copies of the game or DLC, now that's support, can they say the same for their new players? I don't think they can, they'll be here today, gone tomorrow.
>>
>>341844907
Well then stop acting butthurt over someone posting pictures on an imageboard.
>>
File: 1452527211377.png (422 KB, 800x1250) Image search: [Google]
1452527211377.png
422 KB, 800x1250
>>341844880
>you are paying the developers so you can beta test their game
You know you don't have to pay for the game again when it launches right?
>>
>>341845024
Nah, I'm not butthurt at all, even though you keep repeating it

I'm actually quite happy the game is dying, like it should be

Shit games like this stay shit no matter what they do
>>
>>341845024

Not him, but you really come across as a massive faggot. I can only imagine the cheezle stains on your fingers as you shit post & press f12.
>>
>>341844974
How is it worse? Just because they added cosmetics? I loved KF1 and played it for years with a group of friends, and we still have a lot of fun playing KF2. I simply don't get it
>>
>>341845119
>paying to beta test a game so you get burnt out by all the bugs and problems that a normal person who buys it on launch will never experience.

Thanks for beta testing the game with your money cuck!
>>
>>341843859
>the damage they did to themselves with Payday 2 fiasco
You do realize that was while they were under 505 Games and not Starbreeze right? Not trying to defend, what they did was fucked up, just kinda odd that as soon as Starbreeze got the full rights the micros were ditched.
>>
>>341837825
Folks at Tripwire are trying to tap into the CoD/CS type players, though what they fail to realize is that KF1 and 2 is not CoD or CS, and never will be.

most new players that do level to 25 will move on shortly there after, as kf2 is lacking in replay value, whereas KF1 did not, but even it had a somewhat small player base, especially when compared to CoD and CS.
the base for KF2 is already next to nothing, except after an update, which is the same thing that happened in kf1, except that even after the update players left, and the numbers went back to normal, there were still around 3000 playing kf1, compared to kf2s 1000 or less.

twi has lost their way, if they even ever had it that is.
>>
>>341845239
>games don't have bugs and problems at launch
Sounds like you haven't played anything in the last 10 years.
>>
Has anyone noticed tripwire has never directly commented on feedback, let alone talk to the community about their plans? All its been is them telling us how it is or how its going to be. Sometimes they say they want feedback, but there has never been any follow up and no feedback has reached the game itself.

They say they're listening, they weren't listening very hard when they added PvP, MTs, a RNG system and removing zed teleportation ;)
>>
>>341837825
This arbitrary zed damage resistance is now my #1 reason for going back to KF1. Seems like they're aggressively pushing their failed PvP mode to the detriment of PvE now. This rigid rock-paper-scissors balance only makes sense in a mainly PvP game. It's easier to sell micro transactions to the PvP crowd, after all.
>>
>>341845435
>playing a game in it's most experimental and buggy build is comparable to playing a game on launch
>actually making this leap in logic like it even makes sense
>paying to beta test games

Your wife's son would be disappointed.
>>
>>341837825
They've gone into VR now. The cancer just doesn't end.

Game is unsalvageable at this point.
>>
>>341845515
I thought everyone wanted them to remove Zed teleportation though?
>>
>>341837825
If you're asking this now, I saw Killing Floor 2 about a year ago (while it was in Early Access) and decided it wasn't any good. I haven't paid attention to it since, and no idea how it is now. Don't consider it "holding back", it's more of a "fail to attract".

I ditched whatever hopes of it improving when I heard about microtransactions in an early access game, and following a trend of rebalancing a game for consoles/controllers while having the PC version still affected by it.
>>
>>341845676
The winky face should give you a clue
>>
File: 1440222833926.jpg (190 KB, 1100x1113) Image search: [Google]
1440222833926.jpg
190 KB, 1100x1113
>>341845009
How to fix KF2:
>remove resistances
>remove teleporting and do whatever KF1 did to not have this problem
>make knockback something exclusive to big zeds and maybe stalkers (either atbase or on higher levels)
>continue balancing the game around the PvE instead of PvP
>complete the modding tools and get the workshop online so that modders can be the ones who work on a better PvP mode while you work on the game
>add listen servers and a dedicated server tool
>add a fucking mutator list already

>>341845203
I wasn't shitposting at all, faggot. If you read my original post, I said how I admired the aesthetic of the game and was going to dump some pictures, then this guy starts replying to me with shitpostsand smartass remarks.

Maybe this is why shitposters reign on this site. Because people defend them when somebody calls them out.
>>
File: 1344162763612.jpg (7 KB, 224x217) Image search: [Google]
1344162763612.jpg
7 KB, 224x217
>love me some killing floor
>kf2 goes early access
>lol no not falling for that
>hear bad stuff about it
>forget about it
>f2p weekend suddenly
>oh boy here we go
>it's fucking nothing
What have they done to it?
>>
>>341845579
I haven't noticed anything drastically different while playing lately, what exactly does this zed resistance do? If anything, I noticed Stalkers are slightly harder to kill and Demo became more effective at taking down big zeds
>>
>>341837825
I've been following this thread for a while, and quite honestly I had no intention of posting. I will try my best to keep this short and sweet, especially given that most of the issues such as the teleporting, microtransactions and other matters have already been brought up and discussed.

My biggest complaint is one that I do not believe can be remedied, and that's simply that Killing floor 2 lacks both the appeal and atmosphere of its predecessor. I seem to be in the minority on this one, but I was not fond of the graphics whatsoever. The noisy, over-sized and meaty looking zeds only served to take away from the dark aspect that the original had and turned it into something more fast-paced and light hearted.. which is never what killing floor was supposed to be. Play vanilla Offices map on the original, walk through the dark gritty corridors and listen to the moaning of the zeds approaching and tell me if you can get that same feeling on any of the maps in Killing floor 2, if you're being honest, the answer is no.

My second complaint is the classes, now I have not played in a long while, I left well before the demo was even introduced. But when I last played, the classes were completely broken in comparison to killing floor 1, and by that I mean, there was virtually no point in playing nor leveling any class other then a support spec and arguably a medic. The gameplay, no matter the difficulty, revovled around everyone blasting the "big zeds" with whatever they had. There was no strategy involved whatsoever and even if there was, it always proved more effective for everyone in the server to simply gang up on them.

cont.
>>
>>341845842
>>f2p weekend suddenly
they did it with every single update

also it's still better than KF1 in terms of the gameplay for me, but it seems like they have REALLY dropped the ball in terms of the balance with zeds. It's as if they have no clue with how they want the zeds to work, and they don't even have the finalized sounds for them in yet.
>>
>>341845613
>AssCreed Unity
>Diablows3
>SimShitty
>Batman: Arkham Not Lanching PC
So how is buying and playing a buggy game on launch day any better than playing it in a buggy unreleased state? Don't even try to deny games being pristine and bug-free on launch days.
>>
>>341846004
In the original killing floor that would lead to a wipe as each class had a very specific role to play and depending upon the skill of the person playing it, that role could either be expanded or restricted well beyond the normal boundries. For example, as a commando, I can easily kill scrakes and even fps on a 6 man HOE game, provided I use my trademark loadout of FNFAL/M32. This was an experiment that led to interesting gameplay and fun new tactics. There was and I'd venture to guess still is absolutely NONE of that to be found in killing floor 2. Individual skill is tossed out the window with teleporting auto-raging zeds that are inescapable and could, at the time, only be reliably killed by everyone just blasting away like headless chickens, it was boring, repetitive and lifeless. Whether I won or lost a match, I never once got the feeling that myself or my team pulled off anything that a monkey couldn't do. It was simply not satisfying to play and my interest, while initially good, gradually corroded over time as though someone had poured the acid from my lab onto it.

Lastly, even if this has been fixed, I highly, highly doubt that the same level of "experimenting" exists in killing floor 2 as with one. A commando with an m32 on killing floor 1 was effective because the reload speed bonus applied to ALL weapons, and it made for interesting gameplay. In killing floor 2, the devs seem to be gravitating away from that sort of experimenting in favor of strict play by play style which quickly becomes boring as do weak passive abilities
>>
File: 1427270130344.jpg (28 KB, 536x489) Image search: [Google]
1427270130344.jpg
28 KB, 536x489
>>341845840
>I wasn't shitposting at all, faggot...

I didn't get past that bit. I still think you're a shit poster & a massive homosexual & nothing you say can change my mind.

I win; you lose.
>>
>>341846125
>actually thinking that I am saying that launches today are completely free of bugs, and not only that trying to rationalize that because some games that are shit anyway launch with bugs, this justifies and validates buying early access games so you can beta test them for them
>actually being this retarded that you make sweeping generalizations based on logic that doesn't even make sense.

Really? Why are you such a cuck.
>>
>>341845945
>Every zed expect Husk has a 50% damage resistence against any weapons of Berseker (and the passive/perk changes done to Berz, it's now even more useless than it was at launch)
>Crawlers have 70% damage resistence against fire (And fucking firebug gain extra exp for killing them)
>Stalkers have 75% SHOTGUN resistence (BUT THEY ARE WEAK TO RIFLES BUT NO SMG)
>Bloats are now weak only against fire
And some other bullshits.

TL;DR: Every class is more useful to the game if they brought the SS's weapons rather than their weapon's class.

I'm still surprised no one pointed this:
>BOSSES HEALTHBAR
>>
Had KF before gametime was recorded.

Killing Floor 1 plays like Red Orchestra and vice versa. Its not a fast paced shooter in other words. I'll never move to KF2 suffice it to say. Update KF1 with better graphics, maps, sounds, etc and I'd be happy to buy a remastered version, don't need a completely new KF. Same reason I can't play RO2, like RO1 more.
>>
>>341846004
I think the thing with KF2 is that they can't realy place dead body props and whatnot all over the leel because they would become kind of awkward and redundant-looking with the blood decal thing they've added. I do agree on the some things looking too clean though. The dirtiest map is really burning paris, and it's still completely void of any sort of signs of their being former human life there. Really awkward.
>>
>>341846275
>playing a game in it's most experimental and buggy build is comparable to playing a game on launch
Were these not your words? Are you trying to backpedal already?
>>
>>341846260
in the end we all lose since you'll continue to drag the site down the shitter.
>>
>>341846297
They added .25 to all the multipliers or whatever for trash mobs in a hotfix today, it still sucks ass for the most part but at least the majority of shit is only getting damage cut in half now, this is the first little crack in their shitty update and if the community keeps complaining loud enough they'll either raise the numbers again to the point its barely noticeable or hopefully reset shit to the way it was.
>>
Don't reply to shills, buddy

They'll just call you a shitposter or a waah waah
>>
>>341846474
>actually still think that me saying that a game that is released in a non-launch state means I think that it's free of bugs, and therefore justifies paying to beta test games

Cuck!
>>
>>341846561
It is too fucking much to just remove the resistence of this shit?
Why even make it into the first place?
>>
>>341837825
KF 2 is broken. Every "feature" devs brought into that game made it only worse.
Starting with messed up corridor maps, zeds spawning on your head and teleporting all over the map. Most zeds getting simply too much of a bullet sponge and most perks are useless and kept been nerfed to hell.
And MT of course.
>>
>>341846297
>Stalkers have 75% SHOTGUN resistence (BUT THEY ARE WEAK TO RIFLES BUT NO SMG)

They dont feel like they're weak to rifles stalkers are the bain of my existence as sharpshooter fuck them
>>
Are TWI serious about getting people back into playing KF2? If they are, players have made plenty of good suggestions ever since KF2 was released into EA. The problem is, that TWI have tended to ignore these suggestions, or even suppress them.
>>
>>341844974
The only thing worse about kf2 is that the game doesn't have all of its classes/map yet. The gunplay for kf2 is miles ahead of the first and improved everything about it. It's a shame how everything else is turning out tho
>>
File: WAAAAAUGH.jpg (90 KB, 569x571) Image search: [Google]
WAAAAAUGH.jpg
90 KB, 569x571
>>341846759
I meant against Commando Rifles.
This is not a JRPG, this was supposed to be a fucking FPS made for fun.
What have we done to recieve this punishment?
>>
>>341837825
* Berserker released as a weakling perk with less health than long range perks and crappy Tier 2 and Tier 4 weapons.
* When they finally got around to balancing it, they made it a god with double the health and crazy smash attacks.
* A small nerf followed (the only sensible update for the Perk) which reduced health a little and nerfed Zwei.
* Then a massive nerf followed to Pulverizer which lost 40% of its ammo.
* The latest update is just as silly with Zerk almost nerfed into the weakling status it started off with.

Instead of implementing small, sensible changes that would eventually arrive at decent balance, the Zerk went from one extreme to another and then back again. During that phase of knee jerk reaction buffing and nerfing, both Tier 2 and Tier 4 weapons (40% of the available arsenal) stayed useless, only receiving the minimum of attention.
>>
File: wew.png (56 KB, 1711x279) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
56 KB, 1711x279
>>341846646
The developers are in love with it, it will take a massive amount of "feedback" to get rid of it.
>>
>>341846646
To make all of the classes viable against different Zeds. Although Sharpshooter still rapes everything.
>>
>>341846945
All i have seen all they wanted as feeback was praise, nothing more.
All they ever listened was the Bersker's perk first change and that shit was done for fucking months.

>>341847027
And it wasn't the same first?
>>
FUCK YOU TRIPWIRE
>>
File: 1422851371197.jpg (89 KB, 624x658) Image search: [Google]
1422851371197.jpg
89 KB, 624x658
>>341846759
I'd imagine the class weapons have their resistances chosen by the perk they're on instead of the actual type of gun. Dunno though.

>>341846812
They've definitely listened to suggestions, but it seems like they have no idea what they're doing on the balance side with monsters now. If you think about everything they've added and reworked and changed because of community suggestions (the pistol alone has gotten revised like 3 times already, and they're changing all the zed's voices), you can tell they care.

I think that the problem is they were stupid and added a PvP mode out of the blue for a PvE game. This is going to make it a complete cluster fuck for balance because now they'll have to make each type of zed viable against other players individually, and that's going to make the PvE mode even worse.

I wish they would just scrap the PvP and let modders handle it. I'm pretty sure KF1 had a TDM mod, so I'm sure if they just left the PvP mode progress as a sort of open source thing, their community would be willing to pick up on it and make it a big mod for community servers to use. Tripwire can then whitelist it so people can earn XP while playing it.
>>
I think TWI are so far up in bad business decisions that it's killing their game slowly.

They have contract obligations with Sony, Deep Silver and Valve ... they will never deliver a game that is even remotely close to Killing Floor because those 3 aforementioned won't allow it. KF2 have to make money for a lot of companies so they can't just make whatever they want.

Look KF1 was great because it was a mod made by gamers for gamers to enjoy.

KF2 is a product made by a company to make money.

The sole reason KF2 is heading this direction is the console release.

We are not their target anymore. We were the target in April 2015 and TWI withold the Zedconomy information and sid that KF2 will be "a worthy successor of KF1" because that would made me and thons of other people never to buy the game.

Now the target are people who have never played KF1 and are casual console gamers. So what TWI do? They ban every person who is criticizing them so that we can't tell the people who haven't played KF1 that KF2 is garbage because you know - that will lower the sales on consoles.

cont/
>>
The trader shop is a mechanical pod now.
It's the little things.
>>
>>341847292
All we are for them are numbers in their Zedconomy report ... nothing more. Whatever we say or do won't make any difference. KF2 have to be released in such a way that the casual console gamer would buy it and having hard to master and execute combos that kills the bosses fast and enemies that are wallking behind you and you have to constantly do 180 to shoot and run with a controller is really bad design for controller and consoles as a whole.

Do you wonder why zed teleportation will never be removed?

Do you wonder why there are no combos for FP and SC?

Do you wonder why the only tactic in KF2 is "shoot everything that is infront of you"?

Do you wonder why KF1 had thons of SC and FP spawning at once and in KF2 you get like 1 sc and 2 PFs at max at one time?

My only hope for KF2 is if some modders with kind hearts make a "hardcore" mod or something that will bring the combos, remove the teleportation and make KF2 great again. Sadly the developers won't do it because LOTS EMONE ...

We are simply testing the game for the console release. And if I am right about that - KF2 will become even worse with time.

TWI just sold out for profit and are now deaf for whatever we have to say ... and if we get any closer to their plan - they switch on the ban hammer, because someone who play PS4 might read it and decide not to buy ...
>>
File: 2.png (31 KB, 1710x289) Image search: [Google]
2.png
31 KB, 1710x289
>>341847246
>All i have seen all they wanted as feeback was praise, nothing more.

What would give you that idea
>>
Wtf is this resistance nonsense? Haven't played in a while
>>
THe mods are like damn nazis on the forums. All i said was fuck and i was banned for life. While i see others dropping fbombs. NO the only reason i was banned for life was because i didn't agree with their little M transaction bs.
>>
>>341847587
In the new update that they released while at the PC game show on E3, Tripwire added a bunch of damage resistance stuff to zeds so that there could be some sort of dumb counter-picking depending on what spawns I guess.
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?s=6c607da0d5ee9b0d6b02b800385bbc35&p=1489076&postcount=2

It's resulted in stuff like tanky ass stalkers and crawlers who can eat full double barrel blasts but then die in a little tap from commando weapons. The Firebug does fuck all damage now to everyone but the bloat because they wanted to make it more of a "support" class that makes the zeds scatter and go crazy instead of just demolishing everything. I kind of like it, but they made him near useless now.

Here's the full post about it
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?s=6c607da0d5ee9b0d6b02b800385bbc35&p=1489076&postcount=2
>>
Let's just face it. Killing floor 2 is the Challenger Space Shuttle of post-2012 gaming. Tripwire Interactive is sadly now a brain dead company and just after a year of supposed "Life", I would prefer the Killing Floor 2 just stayed dead so we can go back to playing the first one.
Seriously, I never would have expected TWI to kill off the killing floor franchise with the release of a sequel that actually showed potential. They could have made one of the best shooter games of the decade, but poor management and monetary decisions have ruined their possibility to create an industry dominating game like team fortress 2 or minecraft. Obviously Cost-Benefit Analysis was never a consideration. But I guess they needed it to live up to its name, by killing it immediately.
>>
>>341848068
didn't mean to post the link in that first paragraph
>>
>>341848068
Cheers. Why would they add this when it was fine before? Bunch of spastics
>>
I can't say much that others haven't already.

KF2 takes itself too seriously. The kind of strange humor that the first game had gave it a lot of charm.

The atmosphere the UT2004 mod and KF1 had is just kind of gone. I would describe the first game as gritty, while KF2 is more sterile.

The RNG crate+key system microtransactions just don't fit. If TWI would have just kept it similar to KF1 DLC but sold through an ingame store I would have been okay with it, but isn't.

Any strategy KF1 had has just kind of gone out the window, an example might be in KF1 you would avoid shooting the scrake so a Sharpie could get a good shot off, meanwhile in KF2 everyone is just kind of "kill it with fire" the second it enters the line of sight. That's just the kind of game KF2 is.

I've noticed its been mentioned a lot already, but basically the only thing with trader purchases right now is getting to the bigger gun.
>>
Its pretty simple on why people dont play KF2.

KF1 was a mod created by gamers for gamers.

KF2 is a game created by a company to make money.

Its overmonetised before release, it is made to appeal to the casual console gamer and it has no mechanics whatsoever. Just run and shoot what teleports in front of you ...

TWI want some of that sweet CoD success and you can see that from far away. However they fail to take into consideration that there is a new CoD game every year, because it gets boring realy fast due to the casualness of the game, so EA make a new game every year to keep their fans satisfied. I dont see how TWI will compensate for that. KF1 was great and still is because it was the Dark Souls of co op FPS shooters, it takes a long time to become good at, its unforgiving of mistakes, and a lot of practice was needed to start nailing those combos making it a game that has endless replayability.

Imagine if Form software did that to DS3 :) rng crates and arrows pointing to where to go and tips on how to kill the bosses and you no longer lose souls on death :) lol

cont...
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 486x412) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 486x412
>early access done right
>>
>>341848447
Making your game appealing to the casual gamer has its benefits but in the longrun you take away all the fun in developing individual skills and the casuals - they move on really fast to the next casual game so expecting people to stick arround after they have experienced all your game has to offer on the first hour of gameplay only by offering cosmetics made by the community but with a price tag is unrealistic.

KF2 is the second game that scammed me to buy it and then add F2P rng crates MTs. I guess this is how gaming companies gets their profit nowadays, not by offering great game or anything ...

I will stick to KF1 and I hope TWI dont touch it and leave it as is.

KF2 is a fogettable title that is worth few hours and that is what it will allways be if TWI dont turn 180 on what they are doing right now.

Its probably too late ...
>>
File: 1447842390266.jpg (55 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1447842390266.jpg
55 KB, 640x640
>buying KF2
>after the whole RO2 disaster
>>
File: 1462450069800.jpg (87 KB, 531x505) Image search: [Google]
1462450069800.jpg
87 KB, 531x505
>>341842139
This is trerible.
>>
>>341848547
what disaster? RO2 is fun as hell
>>
>>341847353
Every time people say "oh what are you talking about the console port won't affect the pc version" and every time this happens.
>>
KF2 feels like it was designed for consoles, and crates and keys. I will never buy another TWI product as it is now.
>>
I have about 3K hours in KF1 and still play it on a regular basis. Why not KF2? You tried to re-invent the wheel! KF1 was a well-executed niche coop game that found its audience as opposed to gigantic PVP franchises like COD and BF. You made KF2 too much like COD and he like and lost your base and exposed yourself to a lot of competition. Dedicated KF1 players were very excited about KF2 but once they realized what it was, they played a bit of it and drifted to other similar, generic games or returned to KF1.
>>
>>341848706
>he didn't witnessed the epic launch
>>
I own both games. I had the first one from the start. I was actually considering loading up the 2nd, had it in my queue today (bought it quite a while back), but even just reading the first few comments here- it doesn't sound like the kf we all enjoyed playing..

Also- I have played nothing but Single Player in kf- that's it (& I'm not the only one). It's just my(our) preference. Then I read about bullet spongey enemies players are emptying all their weapons into to down it- if the co-op is that bad, I doubt seriously they made a meaningful single player mode.

Sprinting constantly (seriously?), welding that doesn't really matter, gimmicky gameplay- I removed kf2 from my queue-

Maybe later they'll address the complaints that have been brought up, but I can't say I'm holding my breath (don't mean to sound rude, but I just can't expect it to happen, tho I'd be happy if it did).

p.s.
I keep kf (1) loaded on my hard drive the majority of time so when I want to play it it's ready and waiting, I still play it off and on, but have no great urge, especially in light of what I've read today, to load up kf2 but I will keep an eye on it to see if the devs do anything about the complaints from long time players.
P.S.S. I just read kf2 has MICROTRANSACTIONS?! Are you serious?? I'm going to quit looking into the 2nd game for a while, the more I do the worse it's looking. This doesn't seem like a sequel at all, they should've just called it something else, at this point, using the word "sequel" is very misleading imo.
>>
MTs I think weren't announced at launch because it would have hurt the sales and they knew it so they kept quiet about it, I'm not bothered either way about MTs but a bit more openness considering players were waiting for the sequel for years would have been nice. I think they did more harm than good anyway adding them the way they did.

As for the game itself, I still think it needs a lot of work and Tripwire make me laugh, they mock the CoD fanbase yet the game is heading in that direction, just another casual shooter imo with no long lasting appeal at all.
>>
>>341848706
>RO2 is fun as hell
I'm sure it is, for you.
>>
That interview where CoD fanbase was mocked by the Tripwire president just highlighted to me that TWI is jealous of CoD's success and wanted a bit of that sweet action.

the game player base is not good at all. KF1 players were between 2,000 - 8,000 for years, peaking in July 2013 at just over 21,000. KF2 looks like it's struggling to even hit 2,000 players on a regular basis although the peak is higher at just over 24,000 in September last year.
>>
File: 1263149339807.png (196 KB, 583x564) Image search: [Google]
1263149339807.png
196 KB, 583x564
>>341837825
Because the first game is the better one
>>
>>341842139
this is fucking disgusting
>>
>>341849486
>brown and colorless fps is okay when tripwire does it
>>
>>341837825
1) Microtransaction model. A MT rework is holding back my enthusiasm for KF2 and that of MANY of my KF1 friends (over 100 of my personal friends; many of us with hundreds/thousands of hours ingame, who have helped countless others in the community with achievements, troubleshooting or have even purchased additional copies for friends and have helped keep TWI games alive across the years while supporting the company). Removing/dispensing with key crate RNG and introducing a model proper of a self respecting paid game and the KF franchise is IMHO an essential move to assuage this. Again, I am not advocating for a complete removal of the microtransactions in the game; simply for a rework of the current system into something more reasonable and less objectionable for a paid Early Access game and less Free To Play in character; especially when taking into account that this additional monetization was NOT in place in the game when most of us purchased it.

The "Freemium"/"Fee To Pay" feel of the current microtransaction millieu is quite a bummer that affects both my gaming experience and my valuation of the base game price. The fact that it wasn't announced until after 7 months post release into EAG further compounds that feeling.

For example, you can get ALL of the content for KF1 at a reasonable price on sale.
KF2 is a completionist's nightmare, with all the additional monetization and items in place without a "fair" way of acquiring them and currently restricted to key crate RNG or the inflationary Steam market.
>>
File: 1262567780350.jpg (73 KB, 799x620) Image search: [Google]
1262567780350.jpg
73 KB, 799x620
>>341849675
>pulling the ancient brown & bloom meme
Good job, you got me there, it sure wasn't about the gameplay, funny accents and the survival that got everyone playing
>>
>>341849675
2004 mod, officially released in 2009

The game is about 12 years old

Older than the majority of the posters here
>>
>>341837825
Because muscled up zeds are not as scary/engaging/interesting as the truly horrific, psychopathic, bloody, torn,, demented art style present in KF1 and the KF mod.
>>
>>341849831
Does kf2 even have art like this made by fans?
>>
>>341837825
Sprint
FUCK that sprint
never forget

also, devs cut and butcher the base content (firebug) to give it as a "free dlc" to make themselves look generous and caring
>>
File: no exit.webm (728 KB, 1000x865) Image search: [Google]
no exit.webm
728 KB, 1000x865
>>341850184
Yes, it has tons of art.
>>
>>341850316
People are wasting their time and energy
>>
>>341837825
For what I seen, I don't like the setup. The maps are lames, ( no atmosphere ). The perks seem to be complex where they don't need to be. I was looking forward to the zed changes, like climbing crawlers. But it looks like they don't know how to make them work. TWI should have never called this game KF2. It is nothing like KF1. They would have done better improving the original, and calling it an updated version, like KF1.2
>>
>>341850384
>people do something for a game they like
>it's a waste because random poster says so

yeah no
>>
File: 1465451846018.jpg (86 KB, 499x442) Image search: [Google]
1465451846018.jpg
86 KB, 499x442
>Doors are break permanently
>Welding is now rare as fuck expect for some desperate welding
>not even fun wielding now
>>
>>341850451
The original KF was shit in every aspect outside of gameplay and aesthetic. The coding and menus were a mess. I can't count how many times my game would crash just from alt-tabbing.
>>
>>341850530
>because random poster says so
Not because I said so, but because Tripwire doesn't give a shit about them
>>
File: who cares.png (416 KB, 500x447) Image search: [Google]
who cares.png
416 KB, 500x447
>>341850641
>shit in every aspect outside of gameplay and aesthetic
>>
>>341840970
>teleporting
Came here to post this. Seriously, FUCK teleporting zeds and resistances. It's so fucking dumb it boggles my mind. I don't understand why they added these.
>>
>>341850708
Building upon it would be a mess because the game already was. They were wise to remake it from scratch on a better engine, just not wise in their decision-making with developing the game.

So if they continued with KF1, they'd have made the same screwups anyway.
>>
>>341850641
>outside of gameplay and aesthetic
And those two things are some of the most important aspects of the game

holy fucking christ dude
>>
>>341850316
In the steam community thing? I don't see it. I just see people making a gif from a movie and slapping on a kf title, making a gif from the game, bitching about tripwire and sexy nun loli.
>>
>>341848276
because theyre retards and wanted to make Zeds more resistant for that stupid VS mode and didnt decide to have those resistance changes stay in the versus mode
>>
>>341850708
I'm pretty sure you're baiting, but feel free to name an aspect of a game that is relevant that wouldn't fall into either of those categories.
>>
>>341850824
>they'd have made the same screwups anyway.
like the game crashing when you alt-tab? they would probably have fixed those things, actually
>>
>>341845235
>>341846834
RESISTANCES
>>
>>341850960
Like all the retarded balance decisions everybody is whining about now.
>>
>>341851013
>whining
They are serious issues, not whining
>>
>>341850824
the game wasn't a mess, I love everything about KF1

the menu could be shit, but it's better than a generic menu without any charm in my opinion. it's got that old feel to it, like a warm hug that lets you know you're not playing something that was built from the ground-up to cater to the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>341850883
I think we can sum up the reason why players have not moved from KF1 to KF2 quite easily. As Harry Cohn famously said, "Give the people what they want, and they will come." The question Tripwire need to ask themselves is "have we given the people what they want?"

I met a lot of KF1 players while playing KF2 on or soon after release. They were critical of KF2 but hopeful, and there were critical comments on the KF2 forum about various aspects of the game. These including teleporting Zeds, lack of "hold" spots to defend in the maps, etc etc. Basically it didn't feel like an evolution of the classic horror defence that was KF2, it was more in your face and twitchy. There were the usual "COD" references. These KF1 players obviously didn't like the game, but like me they hoped to see it improve.

I feel there is something missing in KF2, it just doesn't have the KF1 atmosphere, and just feels like any other generic shooter.
>>
(this thread is about why KF2 is a hot pile of shit, not about the already finished and well balanced KF1)

Whoever is trying to change the topic needs to stop
>>
>>341845279
>payday 2
What DID they do? I've only heard people say how bad it was, without mentioning the actual issue.
>>
>>341851324
a fuck ton of dlc
>>
Are Tripwire really interested in resurrecting KF2? If they are, they need to take a good hard look at KF2 and themselves. Was it right to attempt to silence criticism with bans and deleting threads? You can't lie to the internet, it always finds you out (ref: Gabe Newell). Perhaps in hindsight they should have listened to that criticism, and reshaped KF2 back into a true successor to KF1.

I initially thought that it was too late to get KF2 back on track since the new player base, the ones who never played KF1, might not like it. But then I looked at the current stats, and realised they have all left. Nearly everyone seems to have left. Amazing, considering the numbers and continuing popularity that KF1 enjoyed for such a long time. And KF1 was released with only six maps and six perks, and had to compete with Left 4 Dead.

KF2 is still in Early Access. I thought the purpose of Early Access is to allow the users to comment on and shape the direction of the game. Tripwire: Give the people what they want, and they will come.
>>
I was a fan of this game.
An actual fan.

Until 3 things.

1) Teleporting zeds.
This is awful. But I could forgive this. Except...
2) Resistances.
Seriously fucking annoying. Added for a gameplay mode that no one plays (versus)
3)The cherry on the shit sundae:
They are actively banning people who make any criticism on their forums. Whatsoever. So if you don't like this?
Tough shitski. They're going to run roughshod over you and plough this into your face. Why?
Who knows, but it isn't working. The playerbase is dwindling. This is fucking disgraceful. If you want people to play the game, you should make a game people like. How do you know if people like it or not? Listen to them.

How you can be so tone deaf to something so obvious is beyond me.
>>
>>341851324
I can't be assed to sperg out about it, but the biggest offender is saying that they won't add microtransactions and then adding microtransactions as a reward for a highly hyped up event that had players working towards unlocking the secret goals.
>>
>>341843578
Yup.
It's just whining.
Which is why the game's playerbase is dwindling week after week with less and less people.

No one will be left to answer you when you ask why no one is playing or buying your game at release.

Please remain deaf, TWI so you can get exactly what you deserve.
>>
>>341851102
The only issue with KF2's menus it all looks too clean. In KF1 everything was just chalky and dirty looking. Now they've gone for more of a professional look since everyone is basically a bunch of mercenaries working for Horzine years after the outbreak or something.
>>
>>341837906
Yeah, RO2 is a huge realism meme. Wish those fucks would just remake first RO with better engine.
>>
>>341843973
They're balancing the game around it, which is making the game shit.

see:
resistances.
>>
>>341851438
I made a thread literally saying knockback is cancer and haven't gotten banned from their forums. Are you sure that it's not just a shitty rumor?
>>
>>341851757
Look on the store page.
>>
>>341851757
The silencing of actual concerns has been going on for months already
>>
>>341837825
The game doesn't have anything unique, nothing stands out about the game.

The weapons are poor, the atmosphere is bland, the zeds are boring to fight (looking at you Hans) and seem like all they need is concentrated firepower until they drop, the perks are dull and the trader needs a gag.
>>
File: dwayne-johnson-net-worth2.jpg (31 KB, 397x600) Image search: [Google]
dwayne-johnson-net-worth2.jpg
31 KB, 397x600
>KF2 is literally just the first game but with better graphics

I'm really sick of how KF1 played at this point. KF2 doesn't really add anything more to the equation and thats its biggest sin.
>>
>>341851954
>literally just the first game but with better graphics

Nope. If it were, it would've been better than what we ended up with.
>>
>>341851954
Again the biggest complaints are the teleporting zeds and resistances to the zeds.

TWI is going full damage control.
>>
File: KF2.png (13 KB, 256x68) Image search: [Google]
KF2.png
13 KB, 256x68
How did they do it?
>>
>>341852090
>Microtransactions
>PVP no one asked for
>Resistances
>Long drought of no updates ended by a "content pack" of one class, one character and three community maps
>>
>>341845235
what most folks don't understand is that tripwire didn't make killing floor.
kf was an unreal mod. they bought the rights to the mod, updated some meshes/textures, and immediately got to work selling skins. they later added the husk because "fuck you" and went out of their way to add resistances as the difficulty increased because a skillful player means the game is too easy. i dunno. tw is dumb.

so anyway, not knowing what made kf good, they tried to capture lightning in a bottle again, this time without the benefit of other people making a good game for them.
naturally, it didn't turn out the way everyone seems to think it would, but then again, those in that could have predicted this outcome left the game long ago.
>>
File: 1426780219287.png (205 KB, 420x426) Image search: [Google]
1426780219287.png
205 KB, 420x426
>>341842445
>consoles
>consoles
>consoles
>consoles

This is just sad. Face it faggot, it has nothing to do with consoles. Tripwire is gaining NOTHING from consoles. They have made no momey from consoles since early access started, and with the rate they're going they will not be getting anything from consoles for a while longer. They are a shit dev and you are making excuses for them.
>>
>>341852090
Most of the recent negative reviews there are because they won't let people criticize them on their own forums with simple complaints.

TWO FUCKING THINGS.
JUST TWO FUCKING THINGS. THAT'S ALL THEY NEED TO FIX. JUST TWO.

Is that really too much to ask for? I don't care about the release schedule, or cosmetics, or whatever. Fine. Whatever. Don't care.

I'm starting to sound like I've got battered wife syndrome.
>>
So any chance of the 1st game ever getting back its 1200~ players?
>>
This game was pretty good for several month despite all the shit like teleporting zeds. It still was a pretty fun game, but since E3 and the resistances system, the fun is actually fucking gone. They took the fun out, it's not fun anymore to shoot zeds because half of them don't care that you shot them because you're not playing with the weapon that's supposed to kill them.
>>
>>341852604
I don't think so

Tripwire doesn't seem to want people playing the first game

Probably because they can't easily jew'd the kids out of their money like in KF2

Tripwire is going down
>>
>>341852604
it still had plenty of players a couple of months ago
>>
File: 1460374833104.jpg (25 KB, 500x347) Image search: [Google]
1460374833104.jpg
25 KB, 500x347
>>341852842
>>341852787
okay...
>>
>>341843941
demo's still the shit, but you could never have 6 because they're super costly and the kills wouldn't be shared enough to fund anyone.

you'd also be pretty helpless if any zeds got close.
>>
>>341842139
jesus christ how horrifying

still looks good though
>>
>tfw killing floor 1 no longer works
fuck man
>>
>>341853323
what mods you install fampai
>>
>>341853323
What exactly do you mean by ''no longer works''?
>>
because it's not enjoyable in its current state, and you know it
fuck off yoshiro
>>
>>341853384
It keeps telling me I need steam to go online, I've reinstalled steam and KF a shit ton of times already and nothing changes.
>>
>>341837825
Killing Floor 1 has it all, you can play it the way you like to. Want to camp out? Camp. Want to run 'n gun? Run 'n gun. I saw the way that TW were heading with the last map KF1 releases, starting with the Ice Cave and Moonbase: these were all run 'n gun maps not camping maps.

In KF2 the gameplay is more twitch shoot and definitely run 'n gun. Immediately about half the KF1 player base is basically excluded. I and my team who were addicted to KF1 for years, and bought KF2 because we trusted TW to make "an even better Killing Floor" feel badly let down. We should have refunded but since it was Early Access we thought it would improve. It didn't and I don't think it ever will now.

When a developer shuts a whole segment of their buying public out of their forum you know the game has problems. MT? I couldn't give a toss. Just give me a decent game. How could TW slip from being the dev everyone loves to the dev that is no longer trusted by a whole section of their playerbase? Rant over
>>
>>341842139
>5 fucking seconds
I knew somebody has to be insane in TWI. Teleport should only be used for stuck zeds - 15 seconds would play very nicely.
>>
>>341853637
You're a fucking retard, go play the game. Kiting has been fucked since teleportation, and impossible since knockback. There is no run n gun in KF2, if your camping spot is breached you are fucked.
>>
File: PS4-HELLDIVERS-Intro-2-1024x576.png (765 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
PS4-HELLDIVERS-Intro-2-1024x576.png
765 KB, 1024x576
>>341837825
I am, what are you doing with your life?
>>
What the fuck are they trying to make KF2 into?
>>
File: KF2 hours played.jpg (12 KB, 239x105) Image search: [Google]
KF2 hours played.jpg
12 KB, 239x105
Post your hours played.
>>
>>341853731
>he never played with tman
bitch please stop being a casual fucktard
>>
>>341853940
>tfw 220 hours
Its the weirdest feeling when I had my fun and definitely got my money's worth, but the game is going so fast down the shitter and the potential it had was so great and all so wasted it still feels like a major letdown that I wouldn't recommend to anyone.
>>
>>341853940
Not proud of how much I played. I'm ashamed of it.
>>
>>341854056
I know how you feel.
I have ~1000 hours in PAYDAY 2
>>
>>341854087
>I'm scared to admit I enjoyed the game
>Caring about what others think
kek
>>
>>341844158
holy shit what a fag.
>>
File: capture.jpg (15 KB, 278x120) Image search: [Google]
capture.jpg
15 KB, 278x120
>>341853951
You don't know what you're talking about.

>>341853940
pic related
I still play it out of habit with people I've met during that year, but it's far from fun.
>>
>>341854124
Jesus fucking Christ dude
>>
>>341854087
>Not happy about enjoying a game

Only on /v/
>>
>>341854227
>800 hours played
>"It's shit guys"
>>
>>341854187
No. I'm saying I don't want to admit I played a game that turned out to be such utter shit by such awful devs and gave them so much patronage.
>>
>>341837825
I'm waiting for them to finish the game. Tried it when it was released, looks promising. I'm laying it down for now so I won't be burned out when it's done (in around 2022, at this rate).
>>
File: 1414543403081.png (363 KB, 1000x1029) Image search: [Google]
1414543403081.png
363 KB, 1000x1029
>>341837825
I think Gunslingers a lot of fun but god, the mocap animations feel so janky and awkward with it.
>>
>>341854305
>game changes
>>
>>341854305
>game is fun for a year
>they change the game
>it's not fun anymore

do you have issues understanding that?
>>
File: kf2.png (31 KB, 616x77) Image search: [Google]
kf2.png
31 KB, 616x77
>>341853940
>>
File: chocolate pudding.gif (242 KB, 250x350) Image search: [Google]
chocolate pudding.gif
242 KB, 250x350
>>341854305
This is the single most retarded argument I've seen on this site. Apparently playing a game a lot means that you are wrong if you criticize it.
>>
>>341854545
casuals can't imagine putting hundreds of hours into a game without being a professional
>>
>>341854523
damn son.
gimme your steamID i want to suck you off
>>
File: 1308450213426.jpg (136 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
1308450213426.jpg
136 KB, 550x413
>Haven't played KF2 since like a week or two after launch because of the teleporting and other assorted bullshit
>Keep holding out that they will do something to make it worth returning to

>micotransactions

>half assed PvP mode

>mfw now reading about this resistances bullshit

What the fuck even.

Not saying every enemy in the game should take identical damage from every source or anything but this is some goddamn arbitrary bullshit

Are there at least mutators to remove this shit?
>>
>>341855076
problem is, nobody gives enough of a shit to seriously mod this game anymore

the playerbase is seriously dead, 1000 players was peak time for a while this year.
>>
>>341855317
That's not the worst thing

The worst this is that they basically killed off the first game with this new one, saddest thing is, this isn't even a true successor
>>
it was so good too...kill me /v/
>>
File: 5428227903.jpg (20 KB, 229x196) Image search: [Google]
5428227903.jpg
20 KB, 229x196
>>341837825
waiting for the final version - i don't play beta shit
>>
>>341854625

No you dweeb, I've put 1000+ hours into multiple games. There is no way in hell I would call any of those games bad. It's absolutely psychotic so spend such an extended amount of time on a single game and then say it's shit or bad. You can criticize changes or its stagnation, but to call it bad is fucking retarded, especially since the gameplay hasnt drastically changed. You still shoot hordes of fucking zombies which is what you spend days on end doing before.

Anyone who spends such a long time on a game and says its bad needs to be punched in their down syndrome faces.
>>
File: 322.jpg (57 KB, 680x1024) Image search: [Google]
322.jpg
57 KB, 680x1024
>>341842640
>>-The boss isn't insanely overpowered/underpowered depending on what perks your team has.
>four level 5 sharpshooters with crossbows
>>
File: Untitled.png (222 KB, 509x613) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
222 KB, 509x613
>>
>>341856336
>crossbows
>not railguns
>>
File: Tripwire-Logo_Color[1].png (55 KB, 1100x312) Image search: [Google]
Tripwire-Logo_Color[1].png
55 KB, 1100x312
>>341856403
new logo looks like shit
>>
>>341856452
there were no railgun in the first kf game
>>
>>341854305
More like
>800 hours played
>UUGH I HATE THIS GAME SO MUCH I WANT A REFUND
>>
File: 56.jpg (73 KB, 372x316) Image search: [Google]
56.jpg
73 KB, 372x316
>>341856120
>games are no more than the shallow understanding I have of them
>game is about shooting zombies it make no sense u dont like shooting zombies anymore

i doubt you've put 1000+ hours into anything.
>>
>>341837825
Because I have no friends
>>
File: sad.png (182 KB, 510x177) Image search: [Google]
sad.png
182 KB, 510x177
>>341853940
+60 dollars on crate rng, made 40 bucks back though
i just want it to be good
>>
>>341856543
more like:
>game is great for 180 hours
>absolutely love it
>starts to get worse
>make complaints
>faggot makes retarded awful strawman
>game gets even worse
>make complaints about the game getting even worse
>faggot continues to make retarded awful strawman arguments
>tell faggot he is being a faggot
>he continues to be a faggot.

But hey
That's just my experience.
Right now.
>>
>>341856120
>zombies
>gameplay hasn't drastically changed
>you can criticize but not say it's bad because I say so

>the guy didn't even call it bad in the first place

It's time to stop.
>>
>>341856120
you know games can change right? and that something good can be ruined?
>>
>>341856901

>ruined

You people dont even know what that means. Everything gets ruined by the slightest changes.
>>
>>341857071
Fuck off Yoshiro.
>>
File: 1460134546580.jpg (20 KB, 195x181) Image search: [Google]
1460134546580.jpg
20 KB, 195x181
>>341857071
SUBTLE CHANGES
>>
>>341857071
>You people
What do you mean, "You people"?
>>
just played a very games on versus it was pretty fun, we were playing cube 2, me and my last teammate went in the room with a window, I kept welding the door while he shot through the window, they eventually got in the door and swarmed the room we still won the game. Most of the player base is friendly which is awesome.
>>
>steam overlay pops up
>Trapped

meh, cbf for shit like this
>>
>>341857608
trapped in what?
>>
>>341848068
>who can eat full double barrel blasts

The hunting shotgun being able to kill zeds was obviously a bug and now they've brought everything to its intended level of "holy fuck why is support so shit"
>>
File: sharpshoot_rae.png (833 KB, 998x561) Image search: [Google]
sharpshoot_rae.png
833 KB, 998x561
What kinda character you want senpai?
>>
What's all this resistance business about? Wasn't the FP resistant to bullets while the Skrake was strong against explosions in the first game?

Is it worse in 2? I know Hans is weak/strong against stuff.
>>
>>341859747
Read the thread.
>>
>>341859502
I have ZERO clue why they brought this bitch to the game for sharpshooter.

KF1 literally had some badass soldier girl who wore a beret and a visor and would've fit the sharpshooter look perfectly. They also had a steampunk sharpshooter assassin character. But no, they give us some generic party girl wearing a dress and talking about fashion because...?
>>
>>341860348
Also interesting how she comes with the most customization options by default

Sorta feels like someone just made their waifu
>>
>>341860768
kinda hard considering you need about 7-9 different people to make her.

implication though
>>
>>341860348
I think it might be a tranny.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 83

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.