[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain the story/lore to me without rapid firing 20 youtube
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7
File: Bloodborne2.png (2 MB, 1422x800) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne2.png
2 MB, 1422x800
Explain the story/lore to me without rapid firing 20 youtube videos/wiki pages at me.

Pro tip, you can't
>>
I don't wanna.
>>
Ayy lmao
>>
>>341837201
blood is important
>>
>>341837201
People got blood aids that turned them into monsters
>>
People use Cthulhu blood to make life better, it makes life worse, now you have to kill dudes who're strung out on Cthulhu blood to make life better.
>>
Basically you're stuck in the cycle of reincarnation until get enough old god shit going to transcend your humanity.
>>
File: iVuICkR.webm (538 KB, 726x500) Image search: [Google]
iVuICkR.webm
538 KB, 726x500
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JL5acskAT_2t062HILImBkV8eXAwaqOj611mSjK-vZ8/edit?pref=2&pli=1
>>
A man travels to a land with advanced medical techniques and unwittingly agrees to banish evil from their land in a nightmarish mirror to reality.
>>
It was all a dream

Nightmares are real, they just exist on a different plain

Ancient tomb found, blood of the old gods inside, assholes drink it and found a religion around it. Turns out too much God blood turns you into a beast. Church tries to cover it up like in real life, burns down cities to "stop the plague" and convinces the citizenry to take up arms and hunt down the beasts for them.

You have a top hat
>>
>>341837201

Every other Soulsgame has this story:
The ancient evil awakened or some shit
who cares , only autists care for the "tory" of these games.
i meanafter replaying Demon's Souls its lteraly just the ancient evil must be restored to hs great slumber or some shit

I dont even care
>>
dark shinto priest curses the land of wind and ghosts

hes not allowed to show his emotions or else he faces shame
>>
>>341837201

alright, here we go

so, a group of people co-existed with the great old ones, basically ascended beings similar to HP Lovecraft's shit. Then they died out but left this blood behind that can cure any disease

The eventual members of the healing church found this blood in an old dungeon and took it

a disease began to sweep yharnam, likely fabricated by the church, and they then healed everyone with the old blood, which didn't really work, since it made everyone turn into horrific monsters. This was controlled by calling in hunters

you appear with a disease of some kind, and are cured through the old blood and are made into a hunter, and pulled into the hunter's nightmare created by the old great ones, for some fucking reason

they need human beings to reproduce, for some fucking reason, and

and thats all i've got

i seriously dont know what is happening in this game
>>
>>341838120

so wait

when you kill the beasts, are you in the dream world or the real world? When the nightmare is taking place, what is happening in the real world?
>>
>>341838232

>it's the trip witchercuck

Leave the thread m8 and enjoy your filter.
>>
>>341837201
Dragons are back and you're a dragonborn, the best dragon slayer
>>
>>341838232

>trip
>calling anything "autistic"
>awakened evil for Bloodborne

Don't you have a Witcher game to keep relevant?
>>
>>341837201

>Ancient race of albinos fuck lovecraftian gods to ground them to reality
>they get replaced by not-britbongs who build a big city over them
>a group of aristocratic bong are best buds and get really into studying the lovecraft gods
>One bong ventures into the ruins and discovers lovecraft blood
>creates a church that uses the blood blindly to cure disease
>other bong points out that using something you don't understand is stupid and starts a college with the goal of reaching the lovecraft gods' level through knowledge rather than eating them
>The third bong of the groups just a grounds keeper or some shit but he's still friends with both
>College Bong ends up being right as Lovecraft blood is infected with beast aids
>entire city gets infected with beast aids and people turn into monsters
>Groundskeeper bong uses his yard tools to kill beasts and starts a faction of hunters to clean the streets of the infected.
>He gets joined by many others, including an edgy anime waifu that's half his age but whatever
>There are a bunch of lovecraft gods that aren't really close friends doing a bunch of weird shit, that are worshipped in the city
>these include a cute slug that just wants to heal people
>A giant brain sustained by some crazy faggot in a nightmare reality
>A big spider with a walnut for the head that EVERYBODY loves, especially patches, she has many children that like to people watch
>A shapeless entity that gives whores the D
>A creature from Terry Gilligaim's Brazil thats bound to an invisible baby.
>A human-turned-grub thats censoring reality
>an ayy lmao
>and an aborted man-fetus inside a dead fish-milf
>All of these things are on the hit list of the moon, who wants them dead for some reason
>At some point Janitor Bong became the moons bitch to create a limbo that will prevent hunters from dieing
>the Moon does this to get you to commit genocide for free.

That's basically the story of bloodborne, any questions?
>>
>>341839061
saved

thanks anon its pretty accurate
>>
This game reminds me of:
Madoka Magica
When They Cry
Kill La Kill
Assassin's Creed
Twilight Zone
John Wick

As the twist to all of those things were aliens as well....

I want other stories that has a twist of aliens

I'm loving these
>>
>>341837201
Literally ayyliums.
>>
Nightmares are the real world, it is all just a dream, the real world is just one plane of reality.

Picture a baby god, that is dreaming of you killing it's mother, and inside that dream one of the other lesser gods drops a stone - it falls from the sky, and in our world we interpret it as a meteor. Plot twist, pick up that meteor and approach the area where the god that dropped it lives, he reaches down to grab it and pulls you into his reality.

Meanwhile the truth is that you did kill the mother, which caused the curse that turns people into beasts. Which is why anybody is in this shitstorm to begin with. Only if you didn't find the tomb there wouldn't be any old blood and nobody would have become a beast because there wouldn't be a church which worships the old gods which don't exist on this plane which rose to power by using the miracle blood to cure people which turned them to beasts which has to be covered up which is why the hunters were formed which is the group the killed the old gods mother to begin with which caused him to dream of her where the first meteor fell.

Also, you get a cool cane to go with your top hat.

Time is a flat circle, and once in a while when the old gods dream again the blood moon rises and the night of the hunt begins anew. Only a hunter can stop the nightmare and end the dream. But a hunter caused the dream. When the villagers shout out that this is a damn curse, and it's all your fault - you brush it off as delirium because you just arrived. But you've always been here, or at least "a hunter" has.
>>
>>341837201

2deep4u
>>
File: 74dy0ktn.jpg (6 KB, 240x179) Image search: [Google]
74dy0ktn.jpg
6 KB, 240x179
bloodborne and dark souls """"lore""""
>>
Who is Mergo's dad?
Explain the fishing hamlet and the vilebloods too.
>>
>>341840104
Mergo's dad is rumored to be Mergo's Wet Nurse.
As he is invisible and so is Mergo.

Also that white woman ghost lady is the mother.
>>
>>341837201
You send a pig its dindin then you turn into squidward but only if you have sent your regards to spongebob before nightfall.
>>
>>341840314
I thought Mergo's dad was Oedon (described as formless) and Mergo's Wet Nurse was a great one under Oedon's command or something.
>>
>>341840104
Oedon
>>
>>341840614
Oh. The theory I heard was Oedon, yeah was formless (invisible) and Mergo's Wet Nurse, as you can see is just covered in cloth you know? Invisible if you look at what would be the head.
Of course if it is under Oedon it could just be invisible too.

So I mean idk, it could go either way I guess?
>>
Mergo's father is Oerdin, the formless one, who exists only in sound. Every great one eventually loses it's child and yearns for a surrogate - which is why formless Oerdin impregnated Queen Yarnham (the woman in the tomb who you also see in Merghos loft)

The fishing hamlet is shadow over innsmouth - a small whaling village discovers the body of a great one washed up in the shore... Whether they killed it or it died of natural causes is irrelevant, but they begin worshiping it. The church, having just begun to learn about the existence of the old gods sends a hit squad to investigate (the first hunters). They find the dead god and begin interrogating the villagers, slaughtering them and searching for clues to their power (these villagers had begun to change, and take on aquatic features, and they communicate with the dead God)

The surviving villagers call upon the old ones, who take pity on them, and curse the hunters - from then on, whenever someone imbibes the old blood there is a chance that formles Oerdin (from above) will mark on their brain the word "hunter", which causes them to enter the dream.

You go to the city of Yarnham (named for the queen in the old tomb) to look for a cure to your ailment, because you heard that the church there has blood that heals all - and when they administer it you have a nightmare, and are drawn into the hunter's dream. And so the hunt begins.

Now, go kill a god, like those hunters before you, and end this nightmare.

Also you get a lovely porcelain doll to play with, should it suit you.

Did the doll just move?
>>
>>341841136

The fishing hamlet events took place after Laurence started the healing church right? Or was it the hamlet that inspired Laurence and Wallace to study the old ones?

Also, I thought the Hunter's nightmare was hosted by Maria whom made a pact with the Orphan, or is it more likely she made a pact with Oerdin?
>>
>>341841478

>Wallace

sorry Willem
>>
Serious answers:

Maria is certainly in the hamlet nightmare and took part in the slaughter, but the dream doesn't end (nightmare slain) until you kill the orphan of Kos. The doll remarks that GHERMAN sleeps more soundly after you kill the orphan, which lead me to believe that particular nightmare belongs to him.

The church sent hunters to the Hamlet to investigate, and the first hunters were formed after the tomb was discovered and the old blood found, but before the great schism that separated Lawrence and Willem

- the great schism is when the church was formally split from the college, Lawrence convinced that blood was the answer but Willem convinced that what we needed was more eyes to see into other planes.

/serious

The doll is Maria student of Gherman, but Maria is dead and her grave exists in the hunter's dream. The doll prays at the grave which when found in the waking world contains Maria's bone (grants you the art of quickening) but the doll exists in the waking world as well.

And it's goddamn finger just moved.
>>
>>341842181
I forget, does it say nightmare slain when you kill the host(like Micolash) or just conducting great one?

Maybe Maria just happens to be there, but I don't think there is an instance where you destroy a dreamscape by not killing both the host and the great one sustaining it.

Also if Oredin created the hunter's nightmare why is Orphan hosting it? seems to make more sense if the Orphan was the one the hamlet prayed to, or perhaps unknowingly while praying to Kos.

Though some people think the fishermen killed Kos because of all the destroyed whaling ships.
>>
1) tomb found
2) old blood found
3) old gods discovered in tomb (or at least evidence that they exist)
4) events of hamlet
5) Willem and Laurence split - church and college are formed
6) beasts begin to appear (spoiler Willem was right) and church goes into cover your ass mode
7) first night of the hunt, where Old Yarnham is burnt to the ground to stop the spread of the beast scourge
8) it doesn't work because people are still drinking blood because the church is selling it like a miracle tonic - more beasts means more hunts
9) formless Oerdin is horny again, impregnates another mother, a nightmare infant is born and the planes of existence begin to blur
10) remember the hamlet, good, that's why you can't die as the player character , you are trapped in a dream that is intersecting with the waking world on the night of the hunt, and in order to end the nightmare you must kill the nightmare child

Also you get to be dapper
>>
Nightmare slain -

When you kill Orphan
When you kill Mergho
When you kill moon presence

Host of dream
Maria
Micolash
Gherman

That lines up, I had interpreted the host of the hamlet nightmare to be Gherman not Maria as the doll makes it clear that it is he who sleeps more soundly once Orphan dies - also the cry of Orphan is the same sound file used for Gherman's tears when you catch him sleeping within the hunter's dream... but I don't know that there is a 1 to 1 on dream and host for sure, if that is the case then it would have to be Maria by process of elimination
>>
>>341839061
Where does mergo tie into this?

Also

>cute slug that just wants to heal people

Which one is that?
>>
File: 42d.jpg (396 KB, 2197x2386) Image search: [Google]
42d.jpg
396 KB, 2197x2386
>>341837364
Yep
>>
Aliens want to get it on and you get mixed up in their mating rituals.
>>
>>341842783

But there are multiple dream realities though
The hunters nightmare was made to serve as hell for hunters in revenge for what they did to the hamlet.

Then Micolash fucked around with Mergo and created the hunter's nightmare for some reason.

Then Gherman fucked with moon presence and made the hunters dream so hunters could keep coming back from the dead.

Rom created barrier to separate the dreamscapes from the waking world using Willem as a host, I think.
>>
>church believes to have found the cure for any ailments or disease
>it is blood of god creatures
>the blood ends up turning people into beasts
>church goes into hiding
>sends out hunters to kill everything and church people in white to find a cure and help people

All I really remember. And poor germahn is stuck there for some reason.
>>
>>341843247

Mergo is the invisible baby
>Cute slug
You know the one.
>>
File: ebriaty.jpg (96 KB, 550x544) Image search: [Google]
ebriaty.jpg
96 KB, 550x544
>>341843247
>>
>>341843643
I know mergo is the invisible baby (child of oedon the formless one) but why is it killing mergo the plot climax?
>>
>>341843752

Because he's the strongest old one that Moon Presence wants dead I guess.
>>
>>341843839
A stillborn baby is the strongest old one???????
>>
Mergho is the latest Oerdin baby, and is the cause of the current nightmare (the one that the player character is born into when you take the old blood) and the fact that Yarnham urges you to kill it makes it seem like she might be the mother (put it out of its misery)

Oerdin doesn't host nightmares, he just fucks bitches and makes babies - if there was such a thing as the first old one it might have been him - but I don't have any reason to believe that is the case.

Old ones (Nightmares) we know of:

Orphan of Kos
Mergho
Moon Presence

All 3 of these gods exist in tandem, all 3 cause a nightmare, all planes of reality intersect on the night of the hunt...

The cursed hamlet made the hunters immortal but the hunter's dream is caused by the moon presence who exists because Mhergo's cries beckon it - the night of the hunt is born

Time is a goddamn flat circle and I have a hat and a cane and the doll just spoke to me, this is a damn curse - fear the old blood, by the gods Laurence, fear it
>>
>>341844104

It managed to create the nightmare, despite it's dependency the Wet nurse to live.

No one knows what moon presence goal is, but certainly it has something to do with taking out competition.

I think it's implied that moon presence is responsible for the beast plague, he essentially used humanity to turn on the other deities.
>>
>>341838232
I don't think ancient evil is true for any souls games. I mean, it's a stretch, but maybe the final boss of the Artorias DLC, but that's not really an ancient evil, more like an ancient man tortured to insanity. Manus isn't really evil.
>>
>>341842783
>>341839061
What about Ludwig?
>>
Plot synopsis:

It is all a dream
Nightmares are real
It really is all your fault and this really is a damn curse
Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it isn't there, you just need more eyes
Fear the old blood, the scourge of beasts burnt old Yarnham to the ground

Lessons learned:
Don't trust the college
Don't trust the church
Don't swap bodily fluids carelessly

Wow, Bloodborne teaches life lessons
>>
>>341837201
Edgemaster with magic fedora kills monsters
It's nothin personell..
>>
Ludwig was the first CHURCH hunter specifically, and current church members revere him as a saint almost

GHERMAN was the first ever hunter, and is purposefully forgotten by history because he led the expedition to the Hamlet (oops)

Willem and Laurence founded opposing schools of thought (college=wisdom / church=faith) to study old ones after the tomb > hamlet, but BEFORE the scourge of beasts which arose because the church got blood crazy in a bid for power
>>
>>341838683
Everything you can walk to without a loadscreen from Ioesfka's Clinic is the "real" world, you can interpret it as a nightmare if you want, but it doesn't change anything about the story, the entire history and all the characters are from that world. If you interpret it as your character had a crazy dream while undergoing Transfusion, you can, but there's nothing to really explore with that idea, except maybe an (lame) excuse for shit that doesn't make sense.
>>
>>341844539
I subscribe to the theory that Moon Presance just wanted to sleep and Mergo wouldn't stop crying, as it got louder and louder (Mensis poking him/her with a stick) Moon Presance got angrier and angrier causing the blood moon descended and nuked the city.
>>
>>341837201
basically it's like a choose your own adventure bc you have to figure out the lore yourself. things like the doll and the choices you make at the end seem to be really hidden secrets. the lore is always different, but then you play it all over again and it's bullshit so there really is no linear story just some background bits of info that don't really matter for the gameplay.
>>
>>341838548
>for some fucking reason
Soulsborne plot in a nutshell
>>
- Aliens want babies so they fuck humans
- One of the aliens get SUPER fucking pissed because he got cucked by a human and curse them all
- Humanity falls into ruin
- Fast forward 500 years
- Humans find the old aliens
- They think it's a really good idea to use their blood for magic science
- We all know how good an idea that was
- They fuck with a really big alien and it curses them, so now there are two curses
- Humans try to fight the curses, while also still using the blood for magic science in the church
- They can't win
- One of the aliens pities humans and helps them out to fight the beasts
- One day a really bad alien from the past is reborn and you gotta kill it
- You kill it and also the friendly alien and become an ayy yourself

That's about it.
>>
>>341839061
Actually, Byrgenworth is what the Church broke off from. Laurence felt that Willem's research methods weren't good enough to uncover the truth, and so he went hardcore with all the blood and aliens and shit.
>>
File: Nicolas, Host of the Bees.jpg (24 KB, 450x270) Image search: [Google]
Nicolas, Host of the Bees.jpg
24 KB, 450x270
There's a principal in biology that basically states that the large, or more intelligent and animal the fewer children it will have because each child takes longer to develop.
A rat can give birth to 50 kids at once because half will die and they don't take long to mature. A human does it one at a time because they take at least 15 years to reach maturity, 18-20 depending on your definition of maturity.

So, since Great Ones are so unknowably vast and above us, imagine how long it takes one of their children to develop. Basically, their kids are so complex that they just die at birth, or even before birth. The only Great One who ever gave birth died right afterward, presumably giving her own life force (or whatever) to let her child live.

And so Great Ones use human wombs, with our far more robust newborns, to reproduce hybrid Great One babies.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.