[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>singleplayer RPG >uses the tank, healer, DPS system
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: vomito.jpg (76 KB, 1417x781) Image search: [Google]
vomito.jpg
76 KB, 1417x781
>singleplayer RPG

>uses the tank, healer, DPS system
>>
Is there one?
The worst part of MMOs is playing with other people. I'd totally play a game where I took one of those roles and had the AI handle the others.
>>
>>341836213
Pretty much every real-time western RPG that has multiple party members.
>>
>>341836213
Soma Bringer comes to mind
>>
>shooter

fucking overwatch
>>
>>341836213
xenoblade
>>
>>341836476
it takes elements from mobas of course its going to have stuff like that.
>>
>>341835851
FFXIII?
>>
>>341835851
you're right single player games should focus on fun and multiplayer games should focus on team and balance
>>
File: 1466169316637.png (1 MB, 955x1830) Image search: [Google]
1466169316637.png
1 MB, 955x1830
>>341835851
Are you talking about Elder Scrolls here.
>>
>>341836213
Dragon Age Origins
>>
>>341835851
It isn't inherently bad, but if it's a system built around "aggro" and there's specific builds that are required to "tank" then it can certainly feel contrived

A lot of blobbers play just fine with the trinity design but the better ones also have a lot of freedom and creativity in how you mix each characters playstyles
>>
>>341837060
If a single player game disregards balance completely though you end up with shit like Elder Scrolls and Fallout 3/4
>>
>>341837976
well of course it's shit it's WRPG
>>
>>341838136
I don't even know who you're baiting with that
>>
>>341838289
i'm not baiting
>>
File: chairman.png (18 KB, 411x454) Image search: [Google]
chairman.png
18 KB, 411x454
>singleplayer RPG

>>
>>341835851
But anon, that's what RPG was always about. Starting with D&D. It's just different classes fulfilling different roles. Problem is that video games tend to simplify everything so, for example, your rogue exists solely to be stealthy and pick locks. That's literally his entire class identity.
>>
>>341836213
Dragon's Dogma is exactly this.
>>
>>341835851
That awkward as fuck LotR action rpg man, what the fuck.
>>
>>341838583
Yeah, but I liked the way it was done. Every class has the potential to deal a lot of damage, even if some are totally busted and do way more. Only thing I really disliked was needing a mage in the party to do healing.
>>
Yeah, that system is not very good for single player games. You have to micromanage your party a lot because the AI will make poor decisions on its own and waste your resources/cooldowns. While executing a good strategy feels good with your micromanagement it gets really tedious doing it all yourself after the first 5 hours or so. Something like Dragon Age with lots of combat you eventually just enable all the abilities for the AI and just let it do whatever it wants, efficiency be damned. Too tedious to micromanage every single little battle, you just hack away like retards until you fight a boss and then you take over and do it manually.
>>
The only time this is a major issue is when you're fighting against MMO-tier bosses that are nothing more than damage sinks that instakill your party every single turn. If your enemies have reasonable stats, you can out-DPS them, or even overheal against anything they throw at you, and diversity quickly becomes relevant. If not, then the game typically is really shitty overall.
>>
>>341838583
theres a healer class in DD?
granted all I remember is playing 4 loli mages and all casting meteor swarm
>>
>>341839109
The basic mage class has the most healing and buff spells so it's ideal for a healing role.

Sorcerer is the way to go if you want offensive magic.
>>
>>341835851
Any decent rpg will let you choose to increase max health/SP/MP, improve regen, or max DPS
>>
>>341839769
>Play single player RPG
>Literally only 3 ways to play
>Tank everything while slowly but gradually killing everything (Warrior classes)
>Blow shit up while kiting indefinitely(Mage and Ranger classes)
>and Kill something fast then run away and hide to recover (Rogue classes)
>>
>>341836213
White Knight Chronicles 1+2. Fucking bullshit hundred hour grinds too now that the servers are gone.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.