[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was anyone else hyped for this game until it turned into some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: header.jpg (37 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
37 KB, 460x215
Was anyone else hyped for this game until it turned into some open world survival game? It still has potential but I was hoping it would be a single player thriller.
>>
It's the fad of these types of game at the moment

Sucks really
>>
>>341834326
>open world survival game

It's justified in an arguably different and interesting way though. Instead of the usual stuck on island/forest/whatever.

>until it turned into some open world survival game

It's always been one you idiot.
>>
>>341834541
The teaser trailer really interested me. Then i watched gameplay on Youtube and the dude was running around picking shit off the ground and fist fighting bums.
>>
>>341834326
is it an online survival game or single player only?
>>
>>341834695
Not sure, i just used the wrong word choice. I meant linear.
>>
>>341834326
Wtf are you talking about? The game was in beta test for a long time, everybody knew it would be open world. Still want to play it.
>>
>Open world survival game where you need to survive in a crowded sprawl environment filled with people and escape the town of Wellington.
>Even though you are in the vicinity of people, you never felt more alone. Isolated feeling.

That sounds amazing you fucking retard.
>>
>>341834854
But actually watching the gameplay you see

>Picking shit up off the ground simulator 2016
>Fist fight bums
>Sneak into a windows and owners instantly know your there.
>Invisible walls and collision issues everywhere
>Procedural generated world

An amazing concept thrown into the trash by another shit open world design.
>>
There's nothing wrong with a roguelike if the game has an actual story goal you are progressing towards.

I'm much happier it has actual gameplay elements rather than the Bioshock formula of watching scripted events and then mindless shooting people in between
>>
>>341834326
I don't understand why they keep calling it a roguelike.

It's just another fps survival game with a different coat of paint.

It does look a lot better than it did when it was back in alpha though, I might still give it a try.
>>
I would've preferred a linear thriller game honestly. Even if it was just a Bioshock clone.
>>
>>341835838
Same, this is the first I have heard of it.

I was hoping for something more linear. I just hope that the things you do thematically makes sense in the world you are in.

The idea of fist fighting bums seems out of place
>>
>>341835730
Yeah the story looked like it has potential. Wish they would of gone for a linear style.
>>
OI GET 'IM LADS!
>>
>>341834326
People at e3 call it a bad 3D don't starve
>>
They caught the exact bioshock feel

That was amusing to me
>>
>>341836231
But sadly for them their gameplay looks like redundant shit and many have called it out for being so

It probably would have been a good story driven game
>>
>>341834326
interesting first few minutes, though the pinata being a living creature was predictable, but once it turned into first person melee combat and looting a bunch of useless shit form drawers i lost all interest
>>
>>341834326
I don't know how I feel about procedural generated world. And I'm not big fan of walking simulators, though I haven't seen much gameplay of it.

The theme of the game is pretty dope, so I'm a bit conflicted. Probably just gonna wait when it comes out and read the shitposts here.
>>
>check out the gameplay footage
>walks into a "home"
>people start shouting at him to leave
>says some random nonsensical gibberish and proceeds to ransack the place
>they don't give a shit

God.
>>
>>341834326
Still hyped. Art style and atmosphere look cool as fuck, and the gameplay sounds like an interesting twist on the survival genre.
>>
File: 1387316080372.gif (205 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1387316080372.gif
205 KB, 500x500
>>341836512
>People keep falling for the "twist on survival" meme
>>
>>341835141
you sound like you're describing reasons it was in beta.
>>
I was already a little worried about this game because of the tryhard story and lack of gameplay in the trailer, but I still wanted to see more. Then I see the open-world gameplay.

There goes one of the only games from the Microsoft conference I was even slightly interested in. Jesus, it looks like an early access game.
>>
>>>turned into
The game was like that from the start.
>>
>>341838539
It looked Bioshock-y to me to begin with, now it looks more like Sir, You Are Being Hunted.
>>
>>341834326
>turned into some open world survival game?
Fuck really?
It was the only original game that I was interested in E3
Of course everything needs to be open world shit
>>
>>341838656
>Sir, You Are Being Hunted
Man, I remember that shit. That was pretty early into the early access/open-world scam but didn't actually release until long after everybody had already been scammed by it.

I wish devs would actually finish their fucking games from time to time.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.