[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WoW
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: wow.jpg (302 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
302 KB, 1280x1024
How is WoW nowadays? Haven't play since Cata and I kinda feel the urge to try it again... worth ?
>>
Daily reminder that vanilla was NEVER good but I will admit that if you enjoy vanilla then Blizzard should be making an option for those players.
>>
complete shit unless playing with IRL friends in vent. which reminds me, i need a new mic.
>>
>irl friend

haha q_q
>>
>>341833480
Vanilla and bc were the best versions of wow if you actually like mmos. Niggers that never played it or casual faggots that never want to work for anything will always disagree.
>>
Wait for Legion and only play if you have friends
>>
I've been playing vanilla wow on the Kronos private sever, but they got assfucked by chink ddos and their servers been laggy as fuck ever since they "fixed" it.
>>
>>341833331
all of your old friends have stopped playing and it will never be the same as you remember

don't do it
>>
Will Legion be better than MoP/WoD ? Haven't heard much good about those
>>
>>341833728
Vanilla was my first ever MMORPG. I played it about 6 months after release. Back in those days everybody I know of used sites like ThotBot to figure out how to do quests or the right way to level professions.

Vanilla wasn't good. Deal with it.
>>
>>341833480

>Be vanilla player who quit due to memo burnout before TBC
>Play a trial account recently just to explore data zones, try playing a goblin/panda and maybe solo some legacy content down the road
>Questing zones completely dead
>Nobody is talking to one another at all
>WoW has suddenly become a single player game with paid subscription

What happened?
>>
File: hillary-clinton.jpg (49 KB, 500x504) Image search: [Google]
hillary-clinton.jpg
49 KB, 500x504
>>341833331

I haven't played since the end times of Burning Crusade. I don't regret turning away.
Paying monthly fees and still paying top dollar for an expansion is stupid and one of the reasons their MMO is dying. It doesn't matter if there are people that can afford it, it's about how wide the user base is.

If they truly had 15 million players at one point, they really need to understand where they fucked up.

15,000,000 players x $15 a month=

$225,000,000 a month

Then multiply that by 12 and you get

$2,700,000,000 a year.

Subtract basic cost for maintenance and development and you still have millions upon millions left over.

They didn't need to charge for expansions and a large portion of that money could have gone into making WoW an even stronger game.

Nah, selfies and pvp spec trees! Don't forget your $25 mount!
>>
>>341834486
i'll explain it easily for you:

activision
>>
>>341833728
Vanilla was casualized EQ, people that love Vanilla are casuals by definition
>>
WoW back then :

>Go out in the wilderness to quest
>Real sense of scale due to slow travel
>Real sense of danger, you could ACTUALLY die
>Had to group to do quests
>Actual world PvP because everybody wasn't phased in to their own realm
>Looking forward to every level for a new talent point, and 2 levels for new skills

WoW now :

>Step 5 yards outside of quest hub to quest
>Kill 20 mobs at once due to OP gear
>See nobody and don't speak to anybody from 1-100
>get all good abilities instantly without even having to pay or visit a trainer

Where did it all go so wrong...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6G33wEb34E
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.