[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JRPG Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: ff7_us.jpg (64 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
ff7_us.jpg
64 KB, 650x650
What JRPGs have you been playing recently?

get comfy in here and discuss what JRPGs you've been into lately, your favorite JRPGs, and recommend games to people

To get the ball rolling I've been replaying a bit of FF7 recently in anticipation of the remake and I forgot just how much I liked this game
>>
final fantasy 8 is nice. If you get into the cards and junction system early on its pretty fun. I like turning enemy into cards.

What i liked most about ff8 is that you can start right away and gather resources to build your characters rather than wait an hour or two which ff7 did.

also atmosphere, music, and diesel punk style art backgrounds are nice too.
>>
Trails of Cold Steel
Etrian Odyssey III and IV
Dragon Quest I and II

I like Etrian Odyssey a ton. Trails on Cold Steel is disappointing in comparison to Trails in the Sky, and Dragon Quest I and II really show their age. I did enjoy I a fair amount but II not as much so far.
>>
>>341828786
Just picked up Tales of Symphonia for PC. Been playing Star Ocean 2 in anticipation for 5 along the way.
>>
File: Final Fantasy IV__3034.png (30 KB, 256x384) Image search: [Google]
Final Fantasy IV__3034.png
30 KB, 256x384
Been playing FFIV DS. Dumbest story in a JRPG tied with FFX. Bosses after Magus Sisters are pretty bullshit trial and error. And tons of grinding in the final dungeon. But for some reason I finished it.

I wish Dragon Quest VII came out sooner.
>>
File: Shin_Megami_Tensei_The_First.jpg (139 KB, 241x388) Image search: [Google]
Shin_Megami_Tensei_The_First.jpg
139 KB, 241x388
>>341828786
Been playing the original Shin Megami Tensei for the first time. Does anyone know if there is an english patch for the PS1 version. I'd rather have the updated visuals and sound.
>>
>>341831371
If you can't find it on Google it doesn't exist.
>>
File: cloud-and-tifa.jpg (1 MB, 1273x1123) Image search: [Google]
cloud-and-tifa.jpg
1 MB, 1273x1123
>>341828786
Good taste OP. I'm currently halfway through FF9, then I'm gonna finally get started on the highly regarded SNES trinity. Which one should I play first and which version?
>>
I just started on Persona 3:FES and was wondering how exactly my social links affect my personas. Am I just unable to level up and make certain personas if I don't have the prerequisite social link for them?

Also which stats are the most important to focus on I've mainly gone into academics
>>
I'm playing megaman x command mission
It's pretty fun
>>
File: Growlanserwayfareroftimeboxart.jpg (179 KB, 250x435) Image search: [Google]
Growlanserwayfareroftimeboxart.jpg
179 KB, 250x435
Went in expecting Jagged Alliance otaku edition and got the best Suikoden game ever made
>>
File: 1438679689880.png (152 KB, 310x416) Image search: [Google]
1438679689880.png
152 KB, 310x416
>>341833889
Social links make persona gain levels upon fusion
>>
>>341834101
This game is legit so fucking good I was not prepared
>>
>>341831371
Doesn't exsist, only IOS and Snes are english
>>
>>341834394
thanks m8

also this is quickly becoming one of my favorite pieces of vidya music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zz1r1WCHvw
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
Picked this up from a friend. Wanna get into the KH series.
>>
>>341832620
Be sure to play the SNES version of VI for all the glorious bugs.
>>
>>341833889
Stats aren't a massive deal. Academics is needed to do well in exams which I think makes Mitsuru reward you and other people like you more?

They also affect which of the main cast you can S-Link with and date

Mitsuru will only S-Link if you maxed academics
Yukari with charm
And Fuuka with courage
I don't think Aigis cares

There are some dialogue choices it affects too but nothing that major
>>
>>341832620

Play the DS remake of FFIV. Just the option for auto battling alone makes it better. Especially near the end where you have fight tons of stuff in the last dungeon. The SNES version on the other hand was made super easy for western gamers.
>>
File: 27372_front.jpg (88 KB, 500x704) Image search: [Google]
27372_front.jpg
88 KB, 500x704
I'm playing through Growlanser 3. It's fun, but avoiding battles in the random dungeons is a bit of a chore. Thankfully I'm playing on an emulator so I can use save states to help avoid battles (I never use save states).
>>
Been trying to get into playing and finishing more JRPGs since for a long time I kind of outright ignored them due to lack of interest in most.

I've still been chipping away at P4G here and there for a while but right now I'm finally getting around to playing Chrono Trigger for the first time.

Playing on Vita, not far in at all I don't think (just got Frog and cleared the Cathedral) but I'm really enjoying it so far.

After this I'll probably either solely focus on P4G and finally just finish it or get to work on some DQ/FF games.

Any recommendations for non-DQ/FF games I should look into? Front Mission is on my list (technically a tactics game I guess) as well as SMT IV and Trails in the Sky but not a whole lot else.
>>
>>341835528

Suikoden I-III
Seiken Densetsu 3
Mario RPG/Paper Mario
>>
>>341835528
Why don't you list some games that you did like, or specify what parts of jrpgs you like/dislike? There's no way I can give a useful recommendation without any information.
>>
>>341834846
GET OUT >>>/a/ REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix
>>
>>341836019
YOU AS WELL >>341836000
>>
The next games on my backlog are Suikoden, Grandia, and Arc Rise Fantasia. I've heard that Grandia and ARF have great battle systems but I'm not really sure what the appeal of suikoden is supposed to be. The gameplay doesn't look very interesting and I doubt the game has enough time to properly develop all 100+ of the characters. What makes that series so well-liked?

And which of those three should I play next?
>>
>>341836084
Why are you typing in all caps? Did you get your ass handed to you by Terra or something?
>>
>>341834846
I remember playing the absolute shit out of KH1 when it first came out. The PS2 had some great RPGs.

I'm replaying DQ8 whilst waiting for the DS version which doesn't look as good
>>
File: legaia-2.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
legaia-2.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
the comfiest
>>
>>341836303
I'M AUTISTIC BUT NOT TO THE LEVEL OF KH FANS REEEEEEES
>>
Finally got around to playing FFX2. That final boss was kinda disappointing, but overall it was fun. Wish it was a prequel instead
>>
FF X2.. What are some must play jrpgs on the ps4?
>>
>>341836419
was this combat system good? any others like it?
>>
>>341835528
Play Phantasy Star IV
>>
>>341836419
10/10

>tfw only had the demo CD as a kid
I ned to download this shti again. I had it on my PSP but I lost the memory card for that one. Moves were dope
>>
>>341830386
I'm playing FF8 right now, don't know why it gets so much damn hate. I'm near the end of disc 2.
>>
>>341835034
...then just play the translated JP ROM?
>>
>>341835528
Xenoblade, Panzer Dragoon Saga (if you can emulate it), Pokemon, Secret of Mana, Super Mario RPG.
>>
>>341836860
Because it's one of the worst FF titles.
Only part of the game I truly enjoyed were the Laguna parts. Man with the machine gun is one of the best FF tracks of all time
>>
>>341837075
I've hated the Laguna parts so far, I felt like they were mostly filler. The only thing I don't like about the game is the damn draw system.
>>
>>341836683
Wasn't very deep in the end but was still a lot of fun, only other game I know of is the sequel.
>>
>>341836860
The OST is god tier, the story is reasonable for a FF game (some great parts but some dumb points), the setting and worldbuilding are great, there's plenty of optional stuff, but there's one glaring flaw: the gameplay. Most FF games have poor gameplay but FFVIII's battle system is even worse. You can beat the game with no junctioning whatsoever and yet you can increase your stats by 10x very easily. Drawing and card modding is boring. I think the junction system had some potential but you never have to junction status attacks or even use magic because basic attacks and limit breaks are just too strong.
>>
i just beat my first jrpg with ff7. what game should i play next?
>>
>>341837782
FF5 or Chrono Trigger.
>>
>>341837782
>>341837851
Chrono Trigger is a masterpiece and definitely aged the best out of most JRPGs of that era. The ios version is pretty good too
>>
>>341837686
Of the ones I've played so far being 3,4,5,7, and this, the ost is the best and the story feels less bizarre than 7, but yeah the gameplay may be the worst of those.
>>
>>341837183
The draw system is somewhat alleviated if your character has a high magic stat. The higher magic stat of the character who is performing the draw, the more magic stocks you'll get out of it. You can get 100 of whatever you need in just a couple of minutes. Makes it worth it to learn Mag-J on one of your guardian forces fairly early on.
>>
>>341837782

Chrono Trigger. Then the DQ games. Then the Suikoden games. Then cry since you played the best games.
>>
>>341837851
>>341838053
>>341838137
>snes rpg's

think i'll pass. will probably try ff9 next.
>>
>>341838180
Don't skip Chromo Trigger man, it's better than ff7 by a mile.
>>
>>341838180
Do the PS1 version of Tales of Phantasia, you'll love it.
>>
>>341828786
FFX.
Everything but the battle system has aged horribly.
>>
>>341836860

Sequel effect. FFVIII came after the most hyped and loved game ever. It didn't matter what followed FFVII. People would have hated it regardless unless it was literally FFVII-2. And even then, they probably would have bitched it wasn't close enough to FFVII.

To make things worse, FFVIII came out right as the internet was becoming accessible to the majority of people. Both FFVIII and Chrono Cross became the first big 'its cool to hate' memes online.
>>
DISGAEA Aod
Golden Sun dark dawn
Final fantasy 3
>>
Should I buy Ni No Kuni 1
>>
Whatever...
>>
>>341838180
Chrono trigger is well worth it. I recently played through it on my ds.
>>
>>341838180

>passing on SNES JRPGs
>I think I'll just go play FFIX
If all you care about is graphics, then FFIX will also be shit to you. Might as well just go play some shit like Ni no Kuni, which sucks in everything but graphics and music.
>>
>>341838304
Funny thing is, I wonder if they tried to make it similar to 7, cause so far Squall while he's becoming less of a dick, is still kinda aloof like Cloud, and the game is somewhat futuristic.
>>
>>341834482
IOS is a port of the ps1 port
>>
>>341838368
Nah. If you're looking for a JRPG on PS3 give Resonance of Fate a shot.
>>
>>341838424
>this mad

the snes rpg's don't do it for me. mind you ff7 isnt a looker but at least mods make it look nice.
>>
>>341838448

Kitase (the games director) specifically said he tried to make FFVIII to be 'what I to put into FFVII'. And yes, there's plenty of parallels in characters and story. Which FFVIII haters don't like to admit. But as for the setting, I prefer the bright utopia of FFVIII over the Dystopia and overall dark setting in FFVII. But the majority of the public seem to like dystopias over utopias. Which might further explain the hate for VIII. If you love dystopian settings, FFVII is your dream game and FFVIII would be a slap in the face.
>>
>>341835880
>Why don't you list some games that you did like
Like I said enjoying Chrono Trigger a bunch so far, I liked FE Awakening, KH 1 and 2, Pokemon of course, the Mario & Luigi games if those count, and P4G. What I played of FFT was good so I plan to get back into that when I can.

>or specify what parts of jrpgs you like/dislike?
This is coming from a non-genre specific view but anything with good art direction and interesting settings/characters and enemies.

I'd prefer stuff that has depth in terms of combat mechanics but if the story and everything else is good enough and it's not TOO grindy I could put up with it I wager.

Ideally I'd like for the start to not be too slow/boring but I know that's just kind of par for the course for most JRPGs.

>>341835821
>>341836771
>>341837001
Thanks anons.
>>
>>341838648

Not that guy, but asking for good JRPGs and discounting the entire SNES library is pretty stupid. That's where the majority of the best JRPGs came from.

Might as well ask for good FPS, but then ignore anything on PC between 1992 and 2000.
>>
I really want to get a PS2 and buy a copy of Xenosaga. I loved that hall simulator.
>>
>>341838664
I like the setting of FF8 more than 7 so far, but the cast of 7 is much better except for Squall at times and Rinoa, I actually like her.
>>
>>341838491
Not him, but i'm buying a ps3 for the first time soon and need to get around to all the things I missed.

What are some other greats jrpgs for ps3? Gonna get nier and will look into resonance of fate
>>
>>341838648
Have you given them a fair shake?
>>
>>341838886
Ni No Kuni
>>
>>341838947

He said great. Not watered down clones.
>>
>>341838873
i think irvine's a pretty cool guy, eh kills galbadians and doesn't afraid of anything

EXCEPT FOR SNIPING EDEA
>>
>>341838648
You can play it on DS or just emulate it. Shit looks better than FF7 too. I recommend grandia which is on steam though either 1 or two.
>>
>>341838717
Honestly in addition to all that stuff I mentioned play FF8, there's no grinding really and the battle system is "sorta" in depth, i'm playing it now and love it.
>>
>>341838886
Resonance of Fate and Tales of Vesperia are definite recommendations that I would make. Nier is also cool, not quite as good as the two aforementioned but far from bad.
>>
>>341839012
Good god, I just knew he'd fail on that. Probably would've failed anyway though.
>>
>>341838934
i think i have. tried out both ff6 and chrono trigger.
>>
>>341838717
Fire Emblem Awakening and Mario and Luigi PiT are some of the worst games I've ever played so I can't help you, sorry.
>>
>>341839048
>the battle system is "sorta" in depth
I thought this too, FFVIII did more for the combat than 90% of other FF's did. Having timed hits with Squall and Seifer was neat, as well as using GFs to potentially tank damage if you knew something huge was coming. The various extra commands (Mad Rush, Kamikaze, etc.) were a neat addition as well; they were like the job skills of previous games but arguably more impactful (i.e. Treatment, Mad Rush, etc). The thing I appreciate the most, though, is that most of the limit breaks have gameplay to them (Squall's renzokuken, Zell's special inputs, Selphie's slot machine, etc.) and just wound up being a lot more engaging than FF combat usually is.
>>
>>341839517
Definitely, the gameplay reminded me of Mario RPG in that sense of the interactivity, being able to customize characters to suit needs is great too, though not quite as good as 5's job system.
>>
>>341839517
The gameplay could have been good if it were balanced well, but bosses dies in a couple basic attacks and deal 1/100 of your HP due to the junction system
>>
>>341838664
It's interesting to view FFVII, FFVIII, and FFIX as "what ifs" based on the mechanics in FFVI.

FFVII replaced magic and unique character commands with the completely customizable materia system, and broadened the summoning system
FFVIII decided VI's esper system didn't go far enough and made it the centerpiece of its character development mechanics
FFIX decided VIII went a little too far and decided to implement a hybrid between materia and espers, items that granted abilities that could be learned with enough use
Then FFX threw it all out and started with the grid
>>
>>341838491
Is that on sale? Can I get it digitally? My disc drive doesn't work.
>>
>>341839806
It goes on sale once a month or so; yes, you can get it digitally.
>>
>>341838664
Yes anyone who doesn't think FF8 is the best game ever are clearly just memewagoning FF7 fanboys.

For the record I actually like FF8, but it still has a fuckton of problems.

>>341838873
>Rinoa

shit taste m8
>>
>Phantom Brave coming to PC next month
I can't fucking wait. I'm just about to finish up Disgaea PC.
>>
>>341837183
I never understood why people liked Laguna. He's an even more annoying retarded manchild than Snow from FF13. The only character I liked in the whole game was Squall.
>>
>>341838180
>being this underage

You know what, fuck it. You don't deserve Chrono Trigger anyway. Go play FF13 and jerk off to the shiny graphics.
>>
>>341836860
Because everything after disc one is complete and utter shit. And Rinoa is bar none the worst love interest in the entire franchise.
>>
>>341836419
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSrQBqWbMH8
>>
>>341841626
That's funny, because I think disc 1 is the weakest I've played of any JRPG.
>>
>>341838664
>Kitase (the games director) specifically said he tried to make FFVIII to be 'what I to put into FFVII'.

Is that including the orphanage plot twist? Because I'm glad they left that out of FF7 tbqh
>>
>>341841882
How so?
>>
FFX HD doing working on blitzball for wakkas sigil and overdrives at the moment.
>>
>>341838717
Try Shadow Hearts and Shadow Hearts: Covenant. If you can't stand the graphics of the original you can skip to Covenant, but the late game feels won't hit you nearly as hard. Covenant is also more lighthearted than the first game.
>>
>>341835034
The PSP is the best version the changes they made to the ds version are just awful.
>>
>KH1: FM
Pretty fun and decently challenging at times; the controls feel a bit loose though for some reason
>FFV
I usually can't get into pixel games but time around V has been fun. I'm enjoying the art and team building with jobs
>Final Fantasy Explorers
I know it got a lot of hate and I dropped it a few weeks after release day, but picking it back up has been great. Too bad the online is dead, I battling Eidolons, getting special costumes, and making weird class builds. I wish there were more handheld MMOs

>>341830386
FFVIII is the shit, I got to the ending just last week before dropping it because I'm not sure I want it to end
>>
>>341841348
>The only character I liked in the whole game was Squall.

I do like VIII a lot, but I can relate to this. I liked Seifer, too, but after his brains got sorceress scrambled he's boring. The game ends up mostly the Squall and Rinoa show, with the rest of the cast in the background only rarely doing things, and usually because Squall isn't physically present to do them.
>>
>>341837075
FF2 is far worse than 8.
>>
>>341828786
Im also playing final fantasy vii in anticipation for the remake

But im not a big fan. Im on disc1 after winning the chocobo race so I assume the game will get better. Barret is a typical WE WUZ KANGZ nigger, cat sith is unremarkable, cloud and sepiroth reeks of edgy. I like aeris and tifa
>>
>>341842624
What about Yuffie?
>>
>>341842679
I think she's an optional character and I skipped over her
>>
>>341842465
FF4 is also worse than 8, at least in story.
>>
I finished RoF
I'm not complaining but the first half of the game was just going around doing odd jobs
Nolan North was great and I finally had a JRPG playing as Olette from KH2
Gameplay was super fun, and gun customization was insane
>>
>>341842624
"edgy" is the most overused and misused buzzword besides "comfy"
>>
>>341842813
Ok
>>
>>341842813
Saying that comfy is overused is like saying gritty is overused. It literally makes no sense. They're words used to describe an atmosphere. If you feel it, you use them.
>>
>>341841626
I love the game and I admit rinoa is a weak character...if they'd done more with quistis' character besides "I grew up at the orphanage too", or even made her the love intetest, game would have been better love story wise
>>
>>341842738
You can still get her before rocket town. Just keep grinding in forests until you find her.

Also the game doesn't get better. You should drop it now if you're not enjoying it.
>>
>>341842929
They could have made Selphie the love interest and she'd still be a far better choice than Rinoa.
>>
File: 1461537926068.jpg (375 KB, 1686x822) Image search: [Google]
1461537926068.jpg
375 KB, 1686x822
>>
Just bought Suikoden II on my ps3 (digital copy). Its... Ok. Its almost too non-linear, spots where I just want the story to progress a little and I can't figure out what to do. Combat is too easy, music is pretty good, story is decent so far.
>>
>>341842303
I did that as a kid. I played 8 and 9 until the last disc and didn't finish either of the games for years. 8 because it was so good and I didn't want it to end and 9 because I couldn't appreciate it until late into my teenage years.
>>
>>341843038
They better allow you to choose your waifu in the remake
>>
>>341842929
Everyone's character except Squall and Rinoa's get stuck on Disc 2. Quistis gets over Squall, Selphie grieves then does her festival, Irvine completes his two disc journey to remind everyone they all grew up together, and Zell... matures a little, I guess, in D-District and back in Balamb. Starting in Disc 3, none of them really get any moments JUST for them, because the game is all about Rinoa at that point. They're just kind of there, partially because it's their job as SeeDs and partially because Squall is their friend and leader. Disc 3 is when the other four party members become generic follower #3.
>>
>>341842167
I disagree. Thr PSP version is super pretty but it's so easy that you can autobattle the entire game which sucks out the fun completely. The DS version on the other hand is probably the most difficult FF game out there.
>>
>>341843038
>>341843234
I'd pick Selphie over the other two desu, she has more personality and she's never whiny. She likes exploding things, she's a pretty badass pilot and Full Cure saves my ass a lot in Disc 1. rather go full degenerate and pick a husbando, though. i mean, look at Squall's outfit, it's super gay.
>>
>>341843420
>Quistis gets over Squall

She does?
>>
What are good JRPG's on PSP? Aside from obvious TitS, FFT and Persona.
>>
>>341843808
>TitS
???
>>
>>341843694
Well... she talks about moving on. It's progress! Kind of. What the hell does she even do on Disc 2? All I can remember is the part in the orphanage flashback where she talks about her feelings and Squall finally gets a clue that she had them.
>>
>>341843890
Trails in the Sky.
>>
>>341843808
>that picture
fucking saved thanks anon
>>
>>341843808
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony
Tactics Ogre

Any PS1 JRPG you can find on PSN

>>341843890
Trails in the Sky
>>
File: tactics_ogre__unmei_no_wa_wall_1.jpg (520 KB, 1900x1188) Image search: [Google]
tactics_ogre__unmei_no_wa_wall_1.jpg
520 KB, 1900x1188
>>341843808
tactics ogre
>>
>>341843075
Action game, not an RPG
>>
>>341843649
Which husbando.
Zell?
>>
>>341843808
on the PSP:
Tactics Ogre, Ys Oath in Felghana, Growlanser 4, Valkyria Chronicles 3, Trails in the Sky, Yggdra Union, Gungnir, Wild Arms XF, Persona 2

Is anyone planning on translating summon night 3?

Are Mana Khemia and Valkyrie Proflie any good?
>>
>>341844371
If there's no way to fix Seifer with the power of Squall's dick, yeah. I like all the 8 guys.
>>
>>341844495
even robbin williams?
>>
>>341844495
Whore
>>
>>341844480
>Valkyrie Proflie

Yes. I don't know about the PSP version in particular, but the PS1 game is good and they probably didn't fuck up the port too bad. The Star Ocean games are good, too, but 2/Second Evolution is my favorite.
>>
>>341836252
Suikoden
>>
Been working on Atelier Sophie myself.
The level cap isn't actually 20, is it?
>>
File: 1436496404195.jpg (24 KB, 234x307) Image search: [Google]
1436496404195.jpg
24 KB, 234x307
>>341828786
Still searching for something that hooks me.
Have files started recently for Stella Glow, FE Fates, 7th Dragon III Code, but got bored really quickly. JRPGs don't as nice on handhelds to me, which is a shame because 3DS has a shitload of them.

Going to buy a PS4 in a couple of weeks because there's a lot I want to play that's come out recently (or soon).
>>
>>341844550
>robin williams

Okay, not him. I don't like Cid in VIII, he doesn't do shit except dump everything on Squall. He's a shit knight, too.
>>
File: 1364250166645.jpg (671 KB, 2114x1703) Image search: [Google]
1364250166645.jpg
671 KB, 2114x1703
>>341844905
try eo4
it has a demo you can try where you can transfer your progress to the full game
they're my favorite 3ds games for sure
>>
>>341845143
Aren't those games pretty much just first person dungeon crawling through some ugly maze, with combat that feels like playing a VN?
I've only seen about 30 minutes of someone playing the game, but the only interesting thing about it seemed to be the team building.
>>
>>341844905
Have you tried Bravely Default? The second half is repetitive as fuck but the first half is really fun.
>>
File: 1457818772256.jpg (198 KB, 997x327) Image search: [Google]
1457818772256.jpg
198 KB, 997x327
>>341845535
well yes but honestly it's by far the best dungeon crawling you'll get
it's very immersive and the map drawing is lots of fun
give the demo a try
>>
>>341844495
Even the fatty in Laguna's group who doesn't do anything?
>>
File: EO1ExplorersLog6(Medic).png (58 KB, 327x308) Image search: [Google]
EO1ExplorersLog6(Medic).png
58 KB, 327x308
>>341845535
>first person dungeon crawling
Yes
>through some ugly maze
No
>with combat that feels like playing a VN
How is it like playing a VN? Because you navigate menus? That's every JRPG ever.
Unless you mean the lack of SO COOL XDD unskippable 2 minute anime cutscenes for every spell, in which case suck it up. EO is about substance over style.

What makes the game good is that it's just challenging enough to PROMOTE proper team building. You experiment with your party members to discover the right synergy between them and overcome the challenges ahead. It sounds mundane now but once you get into the nitty gritty it's a lot of fun. EO is simply pure JRPG gameplay with few bells and whistles and I appreciate it for that.
>>
>>341845805
Hey, Ward saved Squall & Friends after he rambo'd his way into the Sorceress Memorial to save Rinoa. And if it weren't for him, Zell wouldn't have memories of D-District Prison so they might not have escaped prison! He's way better than Robin Williams.
>>
>>341844229
Do you think action based game cant be RPG?
>>
grinding my way to maxing out all the jobs in bravely second.
>>
>>341845735
Yes. The second one is what convinced me to hack my 3DS, because I regretted buying it so much.

>>341845741
>>341846014
Okay, I'll start a file tomorrow and make myself play for a few hours in hopes that I see what all the hype is about.
>>
File: foreshadowing.png (3 MB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
foreshadowing.png
3 MB, 1280x960
>replaying ff8
>people were actually not full of shit when saying the whole plot was foreshadowed and fully explained
>90% of the people who play it don't have the mental capacity or retention necessary to fully understand it on a first playthrough
Is this why the "le ebin coincidence and random villain appearance" is a meme? Are people just dumb?
>>
>>341848313
it's the same with the memory loss, it was foreshadowed in literally the first minute of gameplay you get in the game
>>
File: quistis_and_selphie.jpg (12 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
quistis_and_selphie.jpg
12 KB, 200x200
>>341843038
Both are better than "generic Angel mage"
>>
>>341848420
Yes, it's stated in black and white not 5 minutes into the game if you take the time to boot up Squall's PC and look at the articles regarding SeeD and para-magic. It literally is expected of the player. Not to mention the early scenes with Ellone on disc 2 should be the moment of revelation for slow learners. If that's not enough, you meet countless NPCs who keep insisting that you've forgotten them. There's a lengthy sequence in FH where Squall forgets who the lift operators he literally talked to 5 minutes ago were.
>>
File: seifie.jpg (10 KB, 188x243) Image search: [Google]
seifie.jpg
10 KB, 188x243
>>341843649
Seifer would tame dat spunk
>>
>>341848313
Even something that's foreshadowed can be stupid and amnesia is overused to the point where it's vomit-inducing.

And it's not the memory thing that people usually gripe about it's the fucking convenience of the majority of the main cast having grown up together.

Don't give me that "tied by fate" bullshit either because it's just as bad as "the power of love!" or "the power of friendship"!
>>
>>341843420
This is very true. The game is still good for me after disc 2, but 1 and 2 are definitely the best of the game
>>
>>341849124
don't make me ship things that barely exist on the internet, that's cruel.
>>
>>341849189
>And it's not the memory thing that people usually gripe about it's the fucking convenience of the majority of the main cast having grown up together.
This is where lack of comprehension comes into play. It's not a major coincidence or a convenient plot point. The reason the children at the orphanage ends up in the same unit is that Edea and Cid know what the future will hold after future Squall's appearance. Edea recognizes him, and to ensure Ultimecia's demise, she trains *all* the children at the orphanage in the art of para-magic.

Cid makes sure all the kids end up in the same unit. This is why Quistis is demoted to a regular SeeD member, and why Selphie is transferred to Balamb. It's also why Irvine becomes the designated sniper.

As seen in the pic, Cid hints at all of this already as early as disc 2.
>>
File: weird Asian faces.jpg (9 KB, 217x232) Image search: [Google]
weird Asian faces.jpg
9 KB, 217x232
>>341849494
Seriously, I think the only reason I prefer him with quistis is cause some autist wrote like a 45 chapter fanfic about them and this autist read it and that fueled that ship

Autistic works = more shipping fuel

Who knew?
>>
>>341849496
That's bullshit, Cid didn't plan the Sorceress Assassination. That was all NORG. Cid had no idea Squall would get assigned a sniper at Galbadia Garden, and really had no way of knowing that Squall would be HEADED to Galbadia Garden.
>>
I keep playing Estelles' Game on and off. I still haven't gotten to the good part yet.

Elona+ is probably my favorite game of all time. I could play it for the rest of my life and never get bored.
>>
>>341849496
I still find it annoying irvine completely fails to mention the groups past history together until you get to the orphanage. He was the only one who remembered everything because he had not used GFs until he joins the party. It was way too convenient he decided to not bring it up till the orphanage.
>>
I finally finished Terranigma today, 100% it.
It was beautiful, especially the ending.

Starting Wild Arms Code F next.
>>
>>341849002
>"generic Angel mage"

Are you referring to Rinoa? Because she doesn't seem the least bit angelic to me.
>>
>>341850017
Ok, now I know you're an idiot. Not only does Cid know that Squall and co are at Galbadia, but he sends Raijin and Fujin with a message detailing the assassination mission. The Galbadian SeeD is to help, thus assigns Irvine. NORG didn't know of the assassination and seeks to send Cid and the SeeD unit responisble to Edea as a peace offering. This is literally why NORG is hunting for Cid on disc 2.

SeeD and Garden were founded by Cid and Edea to combat the future sorceress, and Squall and Co are reunited because Cid and Edea both know the role they will play. Why do you think Cid gives Squall total control of SeeD, despite his many fuckups that should have resulted in demotions?

TL;DR: Take your ADHD and try playing the game again. You failed to comprehend even a self-explanatory and basic plot point.
>>
File: ;_;.jpg (216 KB, 512x448) Image search: [Google]
;_;.jpg
216 KB, 512x448
>>341850436
iktf
>>
>>341850436
I played Soul Blazer and Illusion of Gaia before starting Terranigma, thus lost the will to finish the latter. Illusion of Gaia makes me want to kill myself.
>>
>>341850527
>Squall total control of SeeD, despite his many fuckups that should have resulted in demotions?
What sort of fuckups does squall make?
>>
>>341850458
She has a limit break called angel wing where she grows wings and she has wings on the back of her clothes.
>>
>>341850775
He goes on 3 missions and fucks up thrice
First in his mission with Seifer he fails
Then the assassination attempt against the president with Rinoa fails
Then he fails at killing Edea
>>
>>341850527
NORG is the one who sends Raijin and Fujin with that message to Martine. Galbadia Garden was supposed to send a team from GALBADIA GARDEN, and if it failed, G-Garden was supposed to take the fall for the assassination attempt. Unfortunately, Squall's team arrived just in time for Martine to send THEM instead, to cover his own ass and put Balamb Garden's butt in the sling. When they fail, NORG wants to cover his tracks by blaming Cid for the entire thing, which would also, incidentally, give him the full control over Balamb Garden that he craves.

I already knew everything else you stated in your post, I've played FF8 at least half a dozen times since it first came out. Maybe you should replay it since the whole NORG being a cowardly fuck and undermining Cid's plans flew over your head.
>>
>>341850610
>>341850758
I don't think the endings to these were that sad. Every one of them finished on a high note, with new beginning and the world saved.
>>
>>341849189

This seems about right. It's foreshadowed, but it's silly. Plot twists should twist the plot, not just land abruptly.

The only actual significance of the twist is that it justifies Irvine's fluffing his shot. Which is far from the only mildly illogical piece if character action around. Nobody needed a big cutscene 10 hours later to explain exactly what train of thought justifies each time Quistis or Zell is a dingbat. With the orphanage thing you have this big coincidental event, and it doesn't even mean much. That's a problem.
>>
>>341851148
Read:>>341849496
It's a narrative aimed at young teenagers. What's so hard to understand?
>>
>>341851010
No, seriously, play the game again or read up on the subject. You've got it backwards. NORG has no cause to kill Edea. NORG is undermining SeeD and Garden's true purpose for financial gain. When finding out that Cid and Martine had schemed "behind his back" to have SeeD's true objective go into effect, starting with Edea's assassination, he's furious and sends his minions to capture Cid so that he can be sent to the sorceress as a peace offering.

Your arrogance is hilarious. You're so wrong it hurts. Holy shit.
>>
>>341851552
Alright, I didn't want to go full autism, but I hate being wrong more:

>Garden Faculty: "So, Master NORG sent an official order to Galbadia Garden. It was to kill the sorceress. An assassination was thought to be the best means. But..."

>NORG: "Bujurururu! THAT-SLY-WEASEL-MARTINE-USED-YOU-AS-A-LAST-RESORT-FOR-THE-ASSASSINATION. HE-GAVE-THAT-ORDER-TO-PLACE-THE-BLAME-ON-ME! THAT-THAT-BASTARD."
>>
File: Yangus.jpg (18 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
Yangus.jpg
18 KB, 210x240
Dragon Quest 8. It's so good. The alchemy system is rewarding and makes the grinding/overworld exploration more bearable. Also, this one time I got a crit on a metal slime and got 1k experience. Why doesn't metal slash work on metal slimes? Why does Yangus have such a beautiful soul?
>>
>>341850905
I understand the Edea mission because he's the team leader and is responsible for the failure, but I don't see how he could be blamed and much less demoted for the other two. He doesn't fail in the Dollet mission (he does well and Seifer is responsible for ignoring orders) and he carries out the Timber mission perfectly.
>>
>>341851552
>>341851847
Alternatively, if you want a video instead of a script excerpt: https://youtu.be/enhi1S_nF9s?t=51m38s

You're wrong. NORG was behind the assassination.
>>
>>341852206
>perfectly
>you told us to kill a guy, turns out we killed a zombie
>>
>>341852180
What is the best Dragon Quest mate? I'm playing Heroes right now it's pretty fun but this is my first.
>>
>>341852278
He's a mercenary. Rinoa's team planned the operation and he carried it out. What was he supposed to do? Ignore his employer's orders and go assassinate the president on his own?
>>
File: download (1).jpg (17 KB, 237x213) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
17 KB, 237x213
>Just beat Fire Emblem Fates and all of its DLC
>Got a new Vita because last one broke. I can finally play my Disgaea again
>Going to finish up Etrian Untold and Super Mystery Dungeon's post game
Fuck, I love handheld JRPGs. Y'all niggas got any questions about them I can answer it for you.

>>341852318
Dragon Quest V on the DS.
>>
>>341852653
Rinoa told him to kill a guy, not the being in that train
Besides he was under contract until he fulfilled the conditions
>>
>>341838137
I could never get through a Dragon Quest game, I always lose interest.
>>
>>341852725
alright thanks.
>>
>>341851847
The answer is literally in that scene and the ones that follow. NORG understands that an assassination would be the best way to deal with the sorceress, but he refuses to allow the order. Cid sends Fujin and Raijin with his orders - without NORG's permission, because he has turned SeeD into a financial tool and refuses to let them fulfill their true objective - which perfectly suits Martine and Caraway. Again, NORG is spazzing out because he had nothing to do with the order, and now Edea is his enemy. To appease her, he must send her Cid.
>>
>>341852975
>Garden Faculty: "So, Master NORG sent an official order to Galbadia Garden. It was to kill the sorceress. An assassination was thought to be the best means. But..."

>Garden Faculty: "So, Master NORG sent an official order to Galbadia Garden. It was to kill the sorceress.

>Garden Faculty: "So, Master NORG sent an official order to Galbadia Garden.

>Master NORG
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 700x700
>>341837183
>Mfw I remember that younger me thought that "No one can draw" meant that you would never draw while playing cards
>>
>>341828786
Currently playing this too, OP
The PSX/EU version. Does anyone have the image guide of which FF games to play in order? Or any recommendations in general for the series. I've also played I, IV, and XIV
>>
>>341853096
Again, the answer is literally in your the scene you linked.
NORG: "Bujurururu! CID!? THAT-IDIOT-CID-DISPATCHED-SeeD-TO-KILL-THE-SORCERESS.
AND-IF-YOU-FAIL? THIS-GARDEN-WILL-BE-DONE-FOR! MY-GARDEN! IT-WILL-ALL-BE-
OVER! THAT-IDIOT-CID. HAS-HE-FORGOTTEN-THAT-IT-WAS-I-WHO-PUT-UP-THE-MONEY
-TO-ESTABLISH-GARDEN!? I-WANTED-TO-OFFER-THE-SORCERESS-CID'S-HEAD-ALONG-
WITH-SeeD'S. I-ORDERED-THE-STUDENTS-TO-FIND-CID-BUT-THEY-SIDED-WITH-HIM!
Bujurururu! Bujurururu! THIS-IS-MY-GARDEN!"
>>
>>341853096
>>341853396
You can blame your confusion on the poor translation, but the sequence of events has always been this:
>martine and caraway grow concerened over Edea's influence over their president
>they're planning an assassination
>Squall and co are in Timber, and the nearest garden is in Galbadia, which they are to report to
>Cid sends Raijin and Fujin with his orders to assassinate Edea - which is something non-possessed Cid and Edea had talked about, by the way
>whether Cid, Martine and Caraway had planned this together is unknown, but it was not approved by NORG himself, whose only concern is profit
>Martine assigns Irvine - the last missing member other than Seifer who grew up at the orphanage - to the group at Cid's request
>Squall and co fail to kill Edea
>Squall and co are taken prisoner by Ultimecia to extract information regarding SeeD's objective, which is still unknown to everyone but Cid, Edea and NORG
>Ultimecia retaliates by firing missiles at the gardens
>NORG spazzes out when he finds out about Balamb's involvement, despite his disapproval, and does everything in his power to capture Cid to make peace so that he can continue to operate Garden, this time with full control
>>
>>341850758
What about Act Raiser?
>>
File: Triad PLUS BS.webm (916 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Triad PLUS BS.webm
916 KB, 960x720
My idiot brain can't get my head around this rule, and can't be fucked running around to eliminate it.
Triple Triad, the PTSD simulator.
>>
>>341854490
The sim gameplay is fun, but the actual action platforming is terribad. Never been able to bring myself to complete either game. Soul Blazer is probably my favorite game by that dev. At least to play in short bursts.
>>
>>341854592
lol

get rekt son
>>
>>341854592
>wall
>plus
stop
>>
>>341854592
How can people be that bad at math? 5+5 is 10 and so is 3+7. Or is it something else about the rule that messes with people?

Personally, I like playing with same and plus so long as open is also a rule.
>>
GF bought me Devil Survivor Overclocked for my b'day. What am I in for /v/?

Only ever played Personas and SMT IV before this.
>>
>>341854840
I had breezed through the game with OP cards and never had to employ any fucking foresight. Fuck Trabia rules, and fuck having to manipulate RNG to eliminate rules.
>>
>>341841626
Third disk spoilers
https://youtu.be/fV52DvjX9rA
>>
Tales of the Abyss.

Having played already a good chunk of the rest of the Tales franchise, this one seems to be weaker in comparison. I get the idea behind the story arc it's going for, but it doesn't appeal me that much.
Also, monsters seem to give very low EXP, even at higher difficulties; not that it bothers me, i just find it odd for a Tales game.
>>
>>341855020
I usually only bother to make sure open is a rule, I can deal with the other rules as long as I can see all the cards. And I can just prune as many of my lower level cards for random if need be.

That wall rule gets me sometimes though.
>>
>>341828786
I've been playing through FF9 since its PC release and it's pretty damn great. I also just got Persona 3 about a week ago.
>>
File: coven3.jpg (527 KB, 1638x860) Image search: [Google]
coven3.jpg
527 KB, 1638x860
Picking up Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain next week, but not really expecting much.

For games I played recently and liked, Atelier Sophie, Trillion, 7th Dragon III.
>>
>>341855609
I similarly don't really get why Abyss is held in such high regard, a lot of it seems to be resting on the world and the development of luke neither of which I thought were particularly strong.
>>
2 weeks until SO5 is released. Gon b gudd or gon b shit?
>>
>>341857945
gon be oke
>>
>>341858147
There's no in-between.
>>
>>341858330
gon b shit then. Pretty much nobody thinks it's anything above average, and a lot of people think it's complete dogshit
>>
File: FFVIII_11306.jpg (88 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
FFVIII_11306.jpg
88 KB, 640x480
>>341849042
I got seriously creepy vibes when all the Familiar Faces started appearing. Who knew you were playing as an Alzheimer's patient in the making.
>>
File: 1396280967820.png (371 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1396280967820.png
371 KB, 1280x800
Move aside.
>>
>>341852206
The failure in Deling City wasn't even his fault. Irvine choked, Squall did an admirable job trying to get him back on track, and then took over himself and almost succeeded despite the fact that he had to face probably the most powerful sorceress ever without any real prep time. Killing Ultimecia is no joke.
>>
>>341858530
I'll probably still buy it since it's Star Ocean. I'm still buying FFXV, and that looks like absolute dog shit to me. The E3 demo actually made me physically ill.
>>
>>341858893
Ultimecia is the most based villain in the series.
>tfw the classic FF baseline starts playing in her final boss theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVkcmx2l3WA
I always assumed that Ultimecia was going to end all existence in every universe, and that was the reason for the FF1 - 6 homage.
>>
File: goonspms.png (113 KB, 1891x921) Image search: [Google]
goonspms.png
113 KB, 1891x921
>>341828786
The following recent JRPG games should be played:
Tales of Xillia 1 & 2 - Lotsa fun. Relatively good story if you can tolerate extra anime. Fun battle system.

Trails in the Sky First Chapter and Second Chapter - Really good story, fun battle system once you get past the first 2 hours of the game. VERY long, but in a good way.

I'm only assumine Trails of Cold Steel is good because it's almost the same as TiTS.

Pic unrelated. Goon sjw bullshit.
>>
>>341855609
I can't stand 3D Tales. My favorites are the three games on PS1. Mind numbingly simple, but lots of fun in co-op.
>>
None right now. I finished my four job fiesta a few days ago and I'm not sure what I want to play out of my backlog options since I wasn't feeling too strongly towards any of them for various reasons

Either Lightning returns, type-0, tactics advance 2 or Odin sphere. What I really want to play is DQH2 but I'm not importing that right now
>>
>>341844480
I've heard MK is good from gust fans, I played like 3 gust games on ps2 though and dropped anything they make since I wasn't a fan of their technical issues that kept being repeated.

Valkyrie profile is extremely good, but play the ps1 version
>>
>>341848313
>What does he mean by this?
>>
>>341848313
90% of people fail to comprehend anything more than the text on a cereal box. It's still hilarious after all these years people still find FF7's extremely simple and straightforward plot hard to understand.
>>
>>341861317
>there are people who still think Cloud was in soldier
>Or that think he was a clone
>>
File: stranger of sword city beam.jpg (168 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
stranger of sword city beam.jpg
168 KB, 960x544
Stranger of Sword City.

It's starting to get hard as hell in the final dungeon with long drags before a boss with no saving.

Also people in this promo screen have almost 2x as much HP as I did when I killed this boss awhile ago, so I'm a bit scared.
>>
>>341861451
>or that Jenova was the real villain even though you meet literally a dozen people who tell you it's Sephiroth controlling everything
>>
>>341849496
Yeah and them forgetting due to magic monsters living inside their brains and erasing their memories is still silly no matter how much it's foreshadowed.
>>
>>341861451
I like that because it makes it easier to tell who actually played the game and who's just bullshitting.
>>
>>341861686
Moon civilizations and magic balls with collective knowledge are okay, but possessions being harmful is silly now?
>>
>>341861686
It's more like the Guardian Force becomes part of your being, and it takes its toll on you. They don't "live in your brain". The only reference to that would be Griever, who isn't actually real to begin with, and is just Squall's determination during the fight with Ultimecia personified, materialized by the most powerful sorceress in existence.
>>
>>341861824
That's easy enough, just wait for them to say cloud was emo
>>
>>341832620
IV is the best one. Play the snes or gba versions of all the snes ffs
>>
Started Omega Quintet the other day since it was only 3.99 on the psn. I've played a few other compile heart games and I dropped them within an hour usually, but this one has me kinda hooked for some reason.
>>
>>341862096
I fucking hate the compilation, it wasn't enough for it to be retarded garbage on its own merits, it had to retroactively ruin the characters and tarnish FF7's reputation too.
>>
>>341861641
Jenova is Sephiroth's puppet, not the other way around. It does his bidding until its final death. The people who claim otherwise are most likely the same people who believe Squall's dead or that Rinoa is Ultimecia.
>>
>>341861641
>There are people who still think Sephiroth killed Aeris and not Jenova
Yeah i mean Sephiroth was controlling Jenova but he did not carry out the actual act of killing her.
>>
>>341862729
Is it ever explained how Sephiroth controlled Jenova?
>>
>>341862801
So he did kill her, using Jenova.
>>
>>341862939
Basically, he uses Jenova's body as a vessel while he was piecing his own back together in the Northern Crater.
>>
I've been playing Hexyz Force at work.
Seems like a typical JRPG, but it's good enough to pass the time with.
>>
File: lunar5.png (1 MB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
lunar5.png
1 MB, 1024x1024
I always recommend this for newbs.
>>
>>341862729
>Jenova can mind-control things with its DNA
>Sephiroth literally is the perfect clone
>Sephiroth, after discovering everything in Nibelheim, begins acting extremely different/under Jenova's will
>Throughout the whole game, you just fight clones that have shape-shifted to look like Sephiroth and are being mind-controlled.
>You get to Northern Crater to discover Sephiroth's basically been on life-support this whole fucking time

>Hurrdurr it was Sephiroth controlling Jenova guys

Except Sephiroth never had the powers to exert control over people with his cells--that's Jenova's fucking ability.

Sephiroth was a corpse-puppet incarnation that Jenova fucked with. His 'will' is what drove Cloud to kill Jenova and seek him out, but that's all that remained of Sephiroth--echoes of who he was in the lifestream.
>>
>>341863110
Amazing game.
>>
>>341862869
Sorta. Essentially if you've ever watched the space brain episode of Billy & Mandy, it's basically the same thing.
Only JENOVA never had any real sentience, being basically a planetary virus.
>>
>>341863163
So why didn't Jenova infect and turn people into monsters like it did wit the Cetra during the game? Did it not feel like it?
>>
>>341863163
I always saw the whole "SEPHIROTH IS BEHIND THIS" to be Cloud's own revenge-fueled wish fulfillment bullshit.

But ayyyliens, whatever.
>>
>>341863287
It would be nice if we had a jazz scat musical number for it too.
>>
>>341863319
...did you not pay attention to all the monsters in the tubes in Nibelheim? Or Rufus' entire plan of ruling the world with fear/monsters?

Jenova was still doing all that shit, but Shinra had her basically on a leash, confined to a lab in Nibelheim. It isn't until she drives Sephiroth to break her out that she can start another Reunion.
>>
>>341863163
I thought that the distinction didn't really matter.
Since Nibelheim, Sephiroth and Jenova's motivations and plans eventually aligned so much that the two are the same.
>>
>>341863110
Which version is better?
>>
>>341862012
Yes.
>>
>>341862096
>spends all his time being angry
>when you see inside his head, all he talks about is being weak
>somehow not emo
Just because he turns around in the last hour doesn't change the first forty.
>>
>>341864295
I don't think you comprehend either what emo was or what Cloud was
>>
>>341864295
More like he spends the first hour or two being angry. And he was merely pretending the whole time.
>>
>>341863319
It eventually DID do that.
That's what Geostigma was in AC.

Thing is, JENOVA was trapped in the ice by the Ancients.
Then humans found her and started carving her up for experiments and SOLDIERs.
Sephiroth was the closest thing to a JENOVA clone/baby, so he was able to exert his will over the mindless virus-like JENOVA.

And like others have said, his goal and JENOVA's eventually lined up.
In FF7: he just doesn't want to ever die and be absorbed in the Lifestream (as he views it as a true death and a loss of self)
In AC: he wants to corrode the planet and jack it to the next one, just like JENOVA did for who knows how long before.
>>
>>341848313
I'm no fan of FF8 but I never understood a lot of the criticism over the story, especially the Trabia Garden scene on the basketball court. I never thought it was amazing or anything but everything is obviously set up from the beginning.
>>
>>341863163
Sephiroth loses his mind in Nibelheim because he mistakingly believes that he was created the same way as the monsters found in the reactor. He spends days reading up on Jenova and assumes that it's his actual biological parent and vows to continue its will.

Jenova itself was physically defeated by the Ancients, and has been a dormant, undying husk ever since, incapable of any action of its own. It only ever moves when Sephiroth is in direct control. Sephiroth's time in the Lifestream is presumably what enhanced his genes and gave him Jenova's full power. This is why he can project his physical form and will unto other Reunion test subjects.

Sephiroth's physical body is still resting within the lifestream and continues to do so until the final confrontation. There's nothing suggesting he isn't in full control throughout the entirety of the game.
>>
>>341865164
Jenova is his actual biological parent just as much as Hojo and Lucrecia though.
>>
>>341842746
Reminds me I started RoF years ago but got distracted by other things. Never went back since the story seemed to be taking too long to set up and the combat was so weird that I found it hard to motivate myself to go back.
>>
>>341863163
All you've posted here is head canon that contradicts lots of information and dialogue from the game.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.