[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth buying a PS4 when PS4.5/NEO could come out any month
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2
File: ps45.jpg (7 KB, 309x163) Image search: [Google]
ps45.jpg
7 KB, 309x163
Is it worth buying a PS4 when PS4.5/NEO could come out any month now?

Do you think the NEO will be doing 60fps?
>>
buy a used ps4 and flip it for the neo christmas 2017
>>
neo comes out next year they said
>>
where can I find one cheap (that isn't shit)?
>>
the reason you wait for ps4.5, is so ps4 receives a price drop. no point buying either when they're both still full price
>>
Why? Can't you just the enjoy the games you have now? Except for racing games where 60fps would be beneficial than why would it matter.
>>
>>341826856
Rob your local Target.
>>
>>341826905
>Why? Can't you just the enjoy the games you have now?
Why ever upgrade? Why not keep playing the same console you got 20 years ago?

>Except for racing games where 60fps would be beneficial than why would it matter.
60fps is also very useful in fighting games, first person shooters, and pretty much any fast paced game. Its also good to have even if a genre doesn't directly benefit from it, because it always feels more responsive.

>>341825361
>Is it worth buying a PS4 when PS4.5/NEO could come out any month now?
I don't think so. I think it'll still be a while (probably almost a year), but it'd suck to buy a PS4 and then have a better one just a couple months later.
>Do you think the NEO will be doing 60fps?
I doubt it. They're trying to push 4K and VR more than 60fps.
>>
>>341828572
>They're trying to push 4K
You're clueless Anon.
There is a reason why they approximately doubled the computational power to 4TFlops and not 3, 5, 6, or 7.

It's not because of 4K, it's because the old PS4 is still remaaining as the base model which is 40 million strong, which most developer will target at 30fps at 1080P for.
The benefit of being slightly over twice as strong makes it easier for you to get 60 fps.

That's where Sony is going with the Neo. It's not too small, it's not too large and expensive, it's just enough to keep a 30/60 pair the consumer can choose between when you make it obligatory that every game needs to support both.
>>
I'm not buying a Neo, I don't care about frame rate and I'm not buying a 4k tv
>>
>>341829518
Neo is all about hitting 1080p and 60fps, apparently.
>>
>>341825361
wait until specs come out
>>
So is Neo basically like New 3DS?
>>
>>341825361
How badly do you want a PS4? The rumor/leaks so far point to the Neo launching at the end of the year for somewhere between $400 and $500
>Do you think the NEO will be doing 60fps?
At first. Then devs will overload the system until we're back to an unstable 30fps.
>>
It'll do 60fps right up to the moment it's time to migrate you [and all of your digital games locked into Sony's ecosystem -- they just do the discs for positive PR] to the PS4.6/PS5/whatever they want to call it.
>>
The only game worth getting a PS4 for is Bloodborne and if you haven't played it by now, you might as well wait for the Neo since you've waited this long already. By the time the Neo is out, most of the other games that make the PS4 worth owning might finally be out too.
>>
>>341825361

I'm currently weighing out whether or not to go through the hassle of selling my PS4 or not before it drops.

Gamestop is definitely the easiest but they give you shit value.

Ebay is decent, but I've dealt with shit sellers and shipping eats most of the profit.
>>
>>341832626
Got any friends or co-workers who are looking to buy a PS4 in the coming months or anything?
>>
>>341829372
I think their decision has less to do with 60fps and more to do with VR since maintaining a high and stable framerate is extremely important there.

Obviously if your system is more powerful it would be able to push a higher framerate at the same resolution. So they can use that along with 4K video as a selling point for people who do not want to get into VR.

And of course the clinically retarded will assume it is a 4K capable system with some clever marketing.
>>
>>341832697

A few years ago maybe. I actually convinced them to go PC when they were excited for Fallout 4 but were trying to decide between the 3 platforms (they bought Skyrim for 360). I like the PS4, but mods are PC's deal.
>>
I thought the rumor was it was going to launch before the PSVR. The fact that they didn't announce it at e3 has me worried. I'm not waiting another fucking year. If it doesn't drop this holiday, I'm getting a standard ps4.
The ps4 install base is too big for this to affect games. Games will still be developed for the platform most people own, not the most powerful hardware. And most of the games I want to play are already in development for the ps4. VR would be the reason to get the neo. But the VR games I wana play, FF14 and DOA:x3 both already run on a standard ps4.
I guess i'll wait a few months, but that's it.
>>
>>341831887
>At first. Then devs will overload the system until we're back to an unstable 30fps
Good news for mid to high end PC owners, not so much so for console owners who cannot afford to buy a new iteration ever 3 years.

I doubt this will be the case for long, I think the whole reason for this interruption is due to Sony rushing to get into VR. If this becomes a new trend however then most people would be better off just building and upgrading their own PC since it would be cheaper in the long run.

Obviously M$ wouldn't want to completely miss out on this opportunity either hence scorpio. If M$ strike a deal with Oculus and HTC to use their HMDs then they would be in a safer position since if VR succeeds they can still get into it.

And if VR flops they wouldn't take any hit since they have not wasted money developing their own solution. Well not quite, technically if AR fails as well they would take a hit but that is not something they are mass producing for the consumer market.
>>
This iphone sales tactic shit is going to backfire. Its too early in the console lifespan and if you honestly buy this after already having a PS4, youre fucking retarded
>>
>>341825361
Probably only if you plan on getting Playstation VR.
>>
File: 235_4.png (442 KB, 626x517) Image search: [Google]
235_4.png
442 KB, 626x517
Get a ps4 now (current strongest console) and a scorpio next year (strongest upcoming console)

You can still play all neo games on a regular ps4 so that way you can get exclusives on that and multiplats on scorpio
>>
>>341836324
This.
>>
i hope they allow xbone to release scorpio first so they can slightly one-up them in hardware
>>
Even if the Neo is powerful the retards at FROM can't code for shit and they will never make Bloodborne 60fps
>>
>>341836324
>You can still play all neo games on a regular ps4 so that way you can get exclusives on that and multiplats on scorpio
this is so fucking retarded. with a neo, you can play PS4-exslusive AND multiplat games better with just one console. what were you thinking when you wrote this?

>>341836579
how are you even agreeing with him?
>>
>>341825361

build a 180$ gaming PC from ebay instead if you actually want to play games with good graphics
>>
>>341836324

I thought the whole Windows 10/Steam announcements meant that Xbox games were going to be showing up on PC?

Scorpio sounds good but if I can get it on PC I don't need it.
>>
I don't think devs will be able to resist the urge of shitting up the games with useless graphical effects instead of bumping up the framerate.
Even still, the bump in power shouldnt be enough to DOUBLE the framerate.
I guess we'll see but i wouldn't be too hopeful.
>>
>>341836324
>Scorpio
May as well just build a PC. Costs a little more but you get cheaper games and only need to pay for one console's online
>>
>>341836964
yeah but do you really want to wait a year+ when you can get a ps4 right now

>>341837121
>>341837342
if you wanna play games on pc, sure

but if you have a pc why buy consoles anyway dude
>>
>PSneo

literally shit nobody cares about
>>
>>341837489
Trade PS4 for Neo. I'm sure there will be deals where you would have to pay 100 bucks or so.
>>
This is literally unacceptable.

The only way Sony can make up for this is to give every PS4 owner a Neo for free. .
>>
>>341837592
what about scorpio?
>>
>>341837590
having inferior versions of games just triggers my autism heavily
>>
>>341837489
Exclusives
>>
>>341837489

For games that are exclusive and less worrying about cheaters in pvp games.
>>
>>341837721
xbone is the inferior one
>>
>>341837879
scorpio is about as if not more powerful than neo by the same degree ps4 was over xbone

>>341837819
>paying for multiplayer on a controller
>>
If you don't have a 4k TV the Neo would still be an upgrade? I'm under the impression Neo will go for 1080p 60fps while it's currently only going for 30fps?
>>
>>341839353
Going to cost more than the PS4 did at launch but yes, it has the potential to work out that way.
>>
Will Bloodborne run at 60 on the Neo? Or at least not single digits when you're playing with other people? This is important.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.