[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NINTENDO: 'A NEW KIND OF MARIO' IS COMING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 9
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/16/e3-2016-nintendo-a-new-kind-of-mario-is-coming

>"We're always challenging ourselves to create something new, so hopefully you'll see a new kind of Mario in about a year or two," Shigeru Miyamoto said in an interview with IGN.
>"Maybe next E3 we'll be able to share something."

>Miyamoto explained that the challenges Nintendo faces in tweaking the Mario formula are unique from those dealt with in producing Breath of the Wild because of how wide an audience Mario games reach.
>"It's kind of difficult with Mario because some of the more important conventions of Mario are based on the approachability and accessibility of those games," Miyamoto said, noting that having new people join Nintendo has allowed them to look "at the conventions with fresh eyes."

how do you guys feel about this? excited? worried?

I'm personally very interested in seeing what the new blood at nintendo comes up with. they are currently responsible for breath of the wild, and splatoon. arguably two of nintendo's most hyped games in recent memory.
>>
>>341824932
excited.
even if its shit, it wont be another NSMB or 3d land type game and that alone makes me happy

heres hoping for a new 3d mario like 64 or sunshine
>>
>>341825478
Low quality b80 m80, here's your (you)
>>
It's gonna be shit, isn't it
>>
Mario side scroller beatem up
>>
does it have scuttlebugs though
>>
>>341824932
So long as it's not another "3D" Shit game I'm on board.
>>
New Super Mario 3D Galaxy.
>>
Mario MMO
>>
>>341824932
maybe he'll break the mold and do the grassland zone last
>>
File: masuda (2).png (236 KB, 336x418) Image search: [Google]
masuda (2).png
236 KB, 336x418
>>341825478
>>
We're still far enough away from release for Miyamoto to flip the table and totally start over so I can't have any expectations
>>
Mario MOBA
>>
>>341824932
Yay, it's New New Super Mario 3D Sticker Star Wii U NX!
>>
>>341824932
Taking the tried and true 3D Mario gameplay and putting it into a drastic new setting paired with new mechanics is an exciting prospect, considering we haven't seen that from the series since Galaxy
>>
>>341825951
New Super Mario 3D Galaxy Universe NX
>>
>>341824932
As long as it's not another 3d world.
>>
File: continue.png (18 KB, 296x312) Image search: [Google]
continue.png
18 KB, 296x312
>Nintendo releases sameshit Starfox
generally seen as mediocre
>Nintendo tries something new with Zelda
general hype is skyhigh
>Nintendo trying something new with Mario
>yfw the next step is trying something new with Metroid
>>
>>341826835
3D World wouldn't have been bad if we hadn't already had 3D Land to compare it too
>>
>>341826986
Federation Force is technically something new with Metroid.
>>
Open world mario
>>
>>341826986
Just quickly thinking about it Metroid with Souls combat could be interesting.
>>
AN A PRESS IS AN A PRESS
>>
>>341825485
thank god iwata is gone. He would be furious at miyamoto for these statements
>>
>>341824932
How many more times is this little paragraph gonna get reposted again?
>>
>>341826986
>not F-Zero
>>
>>341827264
how the hell would that even work
>>
File: 1297874080624.png (13 KB, 523x497) Image search: [Google]
1297874080624.png
13 KB, 523x497
>>341826986
Releasing a game would be something new for metroid
>>
>>341824932
Another rehash
>>
>>341827264
If were going to mix Metroid with other game styles, making a Metroid that played like Resident Evil 4 might work.
>>
>>341827264
What? That's awful
>>
>>341826483
True patrician Platformer-cores don't care for your shitty little rpgs. Get the fuck outta here.
>>
Mario's going to become the new Sonic
>>
>>341827370
Well Tj "Henry" Yoshi...
>>
>>341825752
sounds fun desu
>>
>>341824932
>a new kind of Mario
Why not release a new kind of game other than fucking Mario?
>>
File: MarioScan[1].jpg (1 MB, 1386x2013) Image search: [Google]
MarioScan[1].jpg
1 MB, 1386x2013
>>
>>341824932
I am extremely pleased after to see Nintendo try and come up with something new again like before the Wii era. This and Breath of the Wild give me hope for them after all. Lets just hope NX isn't a fucking gimmick again.
>>
>>341829527
Because, believe it or not, people like mario.
>>
>>341830662
it'll probably have a screen for backwards compatability with wii u
>>
why the hell are they still making mario games?
>>
>>341830895
That, and if it's able to go portable, it would need a screen controller. I could see it being Vita sized
>>
Mario is already the most diverse character in video games. I think the only genre he hasn't touched on is FPS
>>
>>341829527
>>341831056
Because it's a 30+ year old established franchise and mascot for Nintendo that makes money
>>
>>341826986
Well at least we know Nintendo might have started to believe that motion control shit does not equal innovation anymore because no one's gonna fucking buy a console for things they could be playing on a phone
>>
Is this the dawn of cuckio?
>>
>>341824932
After Super Mario Maker a new format for 2D Mario platformers to follow is likely, and the 3D platformers have always changed in some way from generation to generation. I definitely believe him, though I wonder how drastic these changes are.
>>
so, what if the new 3d mario is like dark souls, one huge interconnected world? instead of stages you just take these paths that interconnect with eachother or maybe open up into larger areas like sm64, with hidden shortcuts and collectables everywhere.
>>
>>341824932
I just want a Sunshine sequel which features the rest of the islands.
>>
>>341831721
Mite b cool
>>
>>341828219
I had the same idea, it came to me when I played Other M on release and it changed to the Bathroom-Camera, with an RE4 view.
>>
>>341825478
BLACKED
>>
>>341824932

>Wii U
>still no super mario Universe

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>341832307
Looking back at it out of all the things that game tried to do that one baffled me the most

Suddenly the camera goes from action adventure to Third Person and I'm like ''whooaaa, we Mass Effect now'', however the first time it happens it's in a empty bathroom with absolutely nothing in it, and the second time it's a charge cell or whatever, it's not even the content, it's also that you can't shoot, jump, or do fucking anything but walk and look around in that mode, why would they include something so useless?
>>
Mario Mushroom Overworld Battle Arena

Attackers:
Mario, Luigi, Diddy Kong, Waluigi

Tanks:
Bowser, Donkey Kong, Wario, Wart

Healers / Support
Peach, Daisy, Rosalina, Capt. Syrup

Snipers
Geno, Snifit, Birdo, Yoshi,
>>
>>341824932
>how do you guys feel about this?
Ninty is disgraced that all they had to show at E3 was Zelda, so they're trying desparately to save face.

Expect another gimmick Mario like Sunshine.
>>
>>341827264
Get out. I hate people with bad taste like you.
>>
>>341833426
>disgraced
>one game gained huge positive buzz

Lmao
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 640x448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 640x448
>>341831764
I've thought about the same thing. If we ever do get a Super Mario Sunshine sequel then that would be a good idea for a location.
>>
JUST MAKE GALAXY 3

OH MY FUCKING GOD
>>
>>341826986
That was other m, the next step is back to prime/2d
>>
>it's a mario game where you travel QPUs
>>
>>341833335
>M O B A
>>
People want a Paper Mario RPG:
>Let's make games about puzzle solving, and instead of writing interesting original characters we'll populate the game with toads!
People want Mario Galaxy:
>Let's release some godawful 3D platformers with 2D design philosophies!
People want a new metroid/star fox/F-zero/etc.
>Let's make nothing and/or complete garbage!

It's good to not listen to your fans too much, but this is bordering on asinine; they're going out of their way to ruin their IP and make games people will only hate
>>
>>341824932
>New kind of Mario

Is it 7 Grand Dad?
>>
>>341827458
I don't think so. Iwata was the 'let's innovate for the sake of it' guy. Miyamoto is the 'let's stick to the old ways' guy ie his thoughts on Paper Mario having an original story or design and not being a homogenized NSMB turd.
>>
I can't remember the last time a reboot of a well known video game icon ended up being an improvement.
>>
>>341835259
Don't kid yourself, they both pushed the innovation thing harder than anything, the difference is that Iwata pushed motion controls while Miyamoto was more or less a guy trying to see what can be done given the material, always pushing for less and less story material for the games
>>
>>341832527
RAINBOWED
>>
>>341824932
wow ANOTHER Mario wow just wow
>>
>A redesign of all characters
>open world rpg game similar to Zelda BOW
>new characters to be introduced
>new worlds to be also revealed
>>
>collectathon
>takes place in the entire Mushroom World
>the map looks like the ones from the Mario & Luigi handheld games
>it's pretty big but every zone is linked by warp pipes to a hub
>you can still go through all of it by foot, no loading screens
>the world map includes: Peach's Castle (also works as hub), Toad Town (where you find various minigames and other side activities), the sewers (with a pipe labyrinth), Bowser's Fortress, Luigi's Mansion, Donkey Kong Jungle (and/or a construction site inspired by the original DK), Wario's Goldmine, Pianta Resort, E. Gadd's Laboratory, Rosalina's Planetarium or some sort of floating island, Yoshi's Island, plus a volcano, snowy mountains, a forest, a beach, an underwater land, a desert, a candy land
>some areas are huge, some are smaller
>you can chase whichever star you want in the order you prefer, and you can even see the stars in the distance while you're traveling
>to reach certain stars you need particular power-ups
>across the levels you'll find some blacked out "?" blocks
>you need to unlock those blocks to get the power-ups you need
>to unlock them you have to get certain stars (so for example you get the "star of the fire flower", you'll unlock all the fire flower "?" blocks across the map)
>some areas have Great stars (or King stars or whatever) that are protected by a boss
>getting these Great Stars unlocks playable characters (Luigi's Mansion = Luigi, Peach's Castle = Peach, etc.)
>FLUDD comes back as a power-up you find in "?" blocks
>so does Yoshi (like in SMW)
>maybe even hammers
>tons of cameos from every game of the franchise (Land, SMB2, and every major spinoff)
>a level which is a 3D version of SMB 1-1, where the star is on top of the flagpole
Pls shiggy
>>
>>341837338
>FLUDD comes back as a power-up you find in "?" blocks
>not in special egadd stores
>>
>>341837338
How new do you have to be to think that collectathon is a positive attribute
>>
>>341838495
>not liking collectathons
Underage faggot calling others new.
>>
File: 1462124777034.png (29 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1462124777034.png
29 KB, 200x200
>>341824932
>Open world mario
>>
>>341838665
So like 64 but with no hub? That sounds really cool actually.
>>
>>341824932

Does that mean we get a Super Mario 3D game again? You know, like 64/Galaxy?
>>
>Wii U has two screens
>the 3D Mario game on it had co-op
>no Super Mario & Luigi World where two players play together in SM64 style levels to verse and co-op each other
>no sweet Bro Moves for platforming like jumping on one brother for height, then pulling the other up or putting backs to each other and climbing up between two walls or basically most of the stuff the bros do in the M&L games except in a proper 3d platformer
fuck this noise
>>
File: Groove02[1].jpg (19 KB, 365x239) Image search: [Google]
Groove02[1].jpg
19 KB, 365x239
>>341839731
>putting backs to each other and climbing up between two walls
Fuck yeah.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.