[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a question, why did Undertale get all the attention it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: IJI.png (20 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
IJI.png
20 KB, 800x600
I have a question, why did Undertale get all the attention it got but IJI pretty much got ignored?
The latter has a better plot, better gameplay, handles the paths better, and is free.

I'm guessing furries
>>
>>341820727
Give me a download and I'll find out for myself
>>
>>341820812
Use google, should be first result
>>
>>341820727
No viral marketing / shills
>>
>>341820727
Because Iji is free. If it cost $5, it'd ironically get more attention.

But it's true, better music and game play and passive run gives glorious amounts of screams. Ryona mod when
>>
File: Off.png (141 KB, 640x356) Image search: [Google]
Off.png
141 KB, 640x356
>>341820727
I don't know, why did Undertale become more popular than Off or Lisa?
>>
File: [lewd spider noises].png (444 KB, 1280x1145) Image search: [Google]
[lewd spider noises].png
444 KB, 1280x1145
Because one of them has furries, the carryover fandoms of both Homestuck and imbalanced Earthbound romhacks, and a prominent long-term spot on Steam's "Under $10" list.
>>
Because they're completely different games?

https://youtu.be/lLM6PWVpT2I
>>
>>341820727
Cuz
>>
>>341820727
>I'm guessing furries

I have never played either game, but if this is the difference that stands out the most than the game with furries will always have a bigger following
>>
>>341820727
>furries
>Homestucks
>SJWs
>>
>>341821476
Maybe this is why >>341820962

Someone posted a mega link in every single Undertale thread. If you want people to play the game, you need to sell it instead of saying "fuck you look it up yourself."
>>
I don't know why everybody hates undertale, the fanbase is shit but the actual game is fun little package, mind you i didn't replay it.
>>
I don't know OP, especially since the Iji was certainly a better game, and it's free. It certainly shouldn't be forgotten, and all the people jumping on Undertale for its "fight/peace" mechanic should play Iji, as it did it earlier, and in a much more interesting way.

One thing, though - Iji was indeed very popular in its day. It was one of the most popular games on the Game Maker Community, maybe even in the top 3 (if I recall correctly, its thread stayed on the front page of the forum for years - and for good reason). It's just how it is - old games fade away somewhat as people jump onto new hype.
>>
Better writing. More compact gameplay vs shoehorned RPG mechanics. Better music. Just all around a more solid experience.
>>
>>341820727
Its the memes per minute ratio.
Autist love that shit because it is easy to understand
>>
>>341820727

If you really want to know, it boils down to two things.

1. Undertale was made by a guy that made major contributions to Homestuck, so he came with a built-in audience.
2. IJI was a free game with no way to stand out from the millions of other free games on PC.
>>
>>341827156
I don't agree with 2. Iji really was popular in its day (see >>341825508), and it does stand out from the other free PC games (in fact, people don't make truly freeware games as much anymore - also, I'd wager that if Undertale would have been released in the day of Iji, it would have likely been free, as there were lots of games of similar scope that were free during that time).
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.