[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Netplay problems Matchmaking still sucks No way to filter by
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: SFV.png (283 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
SFV.png
283 KB, 1920x1080
Netplay problems
Matchmaking still sucks
No way to filter by region
Rage quitter problem still present
You have to save replays before watching them
Can't sort friends
No way to add friends from lobby (?)
Separating favourites (players you want to watch) from friends (players you want to play with) is needed
No online training (SF4 ok)
Archaic lobbies - no way for multiple matches at the same time
Statistics are still empty
Notifications screen doesn't update when it's open
Sending invitations when user is offline doesn't work
Battle lounge doesn't save settings
Long maintenances
Can't acquire FM in offline mode
Losing connection to servers interrupts offline modes
Gameplay problems
badly implemented legacy controller support (complicated as fuck)
no instruction how to use legacy controller support
no dinput support on PC (SF4 ok)
no key binding on PC
keyboard can only be P1 controller
no way to change specific graphical settings on PC without accessing config files (blur etc)
standard moves marketed as something new by making them into vskills
8f lag
many characters have too similiar gameplans
unimaginative vtriggers
atrocious hitboxes
long loading times
framerate issues on PS4
fucked up button settings on character select - pressing again unsets buttons (SF4 ok)
Single Player problems
Extra Battles?
Daily Challenges? (aka targets)
Subpar tutorial
Training doesn't save your settings (SF4 ok)
No character specific training options (Vega's claw state etc.)
No option to set stun bars
Quick reset with setting position (MvC3 ok)
Badly implemented ways to record dummy actions (reversals, alpha counters etc.)
Infuriating survival mode - the only way to unlock colors (colors per character, per costume...)
No arcade mode/cpu versus (SF4 ok)
No way to acquire premium costumes still
Visual Problems
Ken's face aka quality of some models is.. questionable
quality of artworks in story mode
stage transitions?
special KOs? (bus, noodles etc)
horrible clipping everywhere
>>
The shitty netcode

Adding useless target combos

Lack of proximity normals

Every char has only two combos

8 frame buffer

Roster is bad, way too many people can't find a char they like or they are just picking the closest they can

Not being able to cancel of normals that you should be able to

Playing this game longer than an hour is a chore, a good example is poongko streaming nonstop practicing things like RSF, and grinding matches, now he gets bored way too easily

Vskill and crush counter are stupid and pointless mechanics, moving a special to that and there already is counter hits, no reason for it to exist

There is no reason for there not to be chip kills, I know casuals love it not being in the game but it creates fake hype with shitty comebacks and stupid situations. Being able to only chip kill with supers is racist against grapplers!
>>
File: SFV.png (568 KB, 959x336) Image search: [Google]
SFV.png
568 KB, 959x336
>>
But story mode and Ibuki, yeeaaah?
>>
>>341820070

Uhhhhh excuse you OP, it sounds like you just need to git gud. Street Fighter is literally the greatest fighter game, and there are more people who are going to be playing it at EVO than any other fighting game, so you just rage impotently on the internet.
>>
>netcode shitty

Stop playing from Brazil? This is the most nitpicked list I've ever seen why do you try so hard to shit on a game you don't play?
>>
>>341820972
its ok if capcom does it
>>
Supers generally have uncreative animations. No options or variations. Lose the boring recycled orange explosion and do something new that looks like PS4 quality. Uninteresting game camera. Do something with it.
Lack of character personality. No individual true to character voice languages. Lack of design diversity. Lack of fun interactions and exchanges. Lazy, no effort Capcom.
No customization. Round victories should have unskippable customizable win poses. Characters should have customizable details like adding accessories or something.
Stages are nothing but wallpaper. No innovations to make stages meaningful unlike nearly every other game. Noodle hat was a good idea that was made pointless by being rarely seen and disappearing easily. How about when someone gets kicked into bang bus you go to different stage.
Overall, very lacking in details, innovation, and unique touches. None of what we say matters tho because apparently Capcom Japan doesn't communicate with Capcom USA. They're completely isolated over there making whatever game they want. How come NRS can make a more innovative game with higher production than Capcom? Namco made a bunch of advancements to Tekken 7 and the graphics are great. SFV literally offers less than previous iterations. It looks like all their talent went to games like RE7 and the interns got put on SFV.
>>
>>341820070
>no key binding on PC
use autohotkey

>Quick reset with setting position
R3, or / on PC
>>
the roster is fucking awful and manipulative, that's the worst part

SF is supposed to be THE fighting game but only 16 characters? most shit? lots of dlc planned way ahead of time?

just fuck off with this bullshit
>>
Out of all of the problems you've listed I think the dumbed down gameplay leading to the majority of characters feeling samey is the biggest issue. No-one fills the game plan I like and it's generally filled in every other fighting game I've ever played, I don't know how they fucked this up so bad
>>
>>341820070
Yeah, still the best fighting game on the market though.
>>
>>341821728
Isn't gonna last long, KOF14 looks great
>>
>>341821679
What other characters have you enjoyed?
>>
>>341821675
16 is normal for a fighting game, no vanilla street fighter has more than 16 on launch, most fighting games PERIOD don't have more than 16 in their first iteration.

The DLC characters is dumb, but I'd rather have it over a new version entirely, you can get them for free anyway
>>
>>341821728
>Yeah, it's still the most popular fighting game on the market
Ftfy
>>
>>341821809
Yeah, Kof will be huge with about 45 mexicans like it usually is.

>>341822103
I don't actually think it's the GOAT, but it's really solid and I like it more than I liked vanilla SF4.
>>
>>341822103
>>Yeah, it's still the newest fighting game on the market
ftftfy
>>
>>341822280
That's not Revelator
>>
>>341822360
>guilty gear

I can't get into it anymore. the last on I really liked was on the dreamcast.
>>
>>341821997
Injustice 2 has 26
>>
>>341820070
I don't care, Cammy is still SUPER fappable.
>>
>>341822568
X? Damn dude you missed out on one of the greatest fightans with the XX series
>>
>>341822676
>most fighting games PERIOD don't have more
>most
Injustice 1 was an unbalanced piece of shit anyway, let's hope 2 can fix that.
>>
>>341822819
yea lets hope
>>
File: 1466103626548.jpg (41 KB, 270x299) Image search: [Google]
1466103626548.jpg
41 KB, 270x299
>It's another "09ers failing to adapt" episode.
Those reruns are boring.
>>
>>341821563
You should not have to resort to AHK to rebind PC keys that and xinput support should have been there from the start.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.