[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
6 Minutes of New Nioh Gameplay Shown
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 17
File: Nioh.png (471 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
Nioh.png
471 KB, 480x600
A list of the apparent changes that've been made since the alpha demo

>The life and stamina bars are now more colourful, as is the spirit guardian gauge
>Quick-item slots have been made bigger on the HUD, and have been expanded to encompass the entire D-Pad; also it seems that two sets of items can be mapped to the D-Pad and swapped on the fly
>Quick weapon switching is now done with R1 + the D-Pad, with the weapon icons subsequently being moved over to the stance indicator
>A second missile weapon can now be equipped
>The lock-on system has been changed to work more similarly to Zelda or Souls; running backwards while locked on isn't possible anymore
>William's breathers after running out of stamina seem to have been shortened by half
>Dodges and rolls now seem to have more weight to them and seem less glide-y than they were in the alpha
>Durability has been removed outright
>On-screen messages display whenever a proficiency point is earned for the equipped weapon, with a little display at the bottom of the screen showing how many you currently have
>Drop rate seems to have been toned down a bit, so every enemy isn't a piñata of useless gear
>Buff/nerf icons have been tweaked and now show you how much longer they're in effect for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmZPYTEc7hM [Embed]
>>
>>341815797
>>Durability has been removed outright
Thanks again, fucking casual faggots.

Oh well, I've been waiting since I was in elementary school for this game so I don't think anything they change could actually keep me from buying it.
>>
>>341815797
>stone catacombs
>edo period japan
Stop. Just copy the creepy caves of the Fatal Frame series.
>>
>>341816018
Durability was a boring and annoying mechanic in the demo. It was meaningless once you could go into a boss arena and get endless repair items.

I'm not sure they needed to remove it entirely, though. Maybe just from armor, to encourage weapon swapping more. I think they might've jumped the gun there.
>>
>>341815797
>running backwards while locked on isn't possible anymore
I actually liked that though. Oh well.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHyLCgpDTLA
>>
>>341816018
Eh its just durability. It really doesnt matter 2bh
>>
>>341817196
Conquered detected
>>
>>341816018
Just discard your weapons after you've hit something with it 30 times. Boom. There's your durability.
>>
>>341815797
what ps1 game is this?
>>
Can't wait to go full axe combo on some baka ass oni and teach them my superior gaijin battle techniques.
Any word at all on whether there will be PvP or not?
>>
Is it true that nips were complaining about the game too hard? I thought nips were good at games
>>
>>341818106
When it was rerevealed at TGS last year, Shibusawa said that you'd have "the ability to meddle with the worlds of other players", which was mentioned independently of the revenant mechanic, so I took that to mean invasions'd be there. The director, Fumihiko Yasuda, also gave an interview to Silicon Era a few days ago where he talked a bit about the online functionality, so take from that what you will.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/06/16/nioh-director-online-multiplayer-features-ideas-upcoming-action-rpg/

>>341818352
Complaints that it was too hard came from all around the world, but Japan made up a big part of it, yeah. Japanese casuals now seem to be even more casual than Western casuals, but crazy-skilled HardK0re Japs are often still quite a bit ahead of their Western counterparts.
>>
>>341816018
The reason they probably removed it is because you get loot way faster than gear degrades. I think they should have kept it but it was really a non-mechanic except for if you got really lucky with a drop and had a strong weapon you didn't immediately replace.
>>
>>341818352
The japanese are even way more casual than the american casual market. Just look at the ffxv feedback. 1/5 japs had no clue what their objective was
>>
Non casual here. Never liked durability in games. It offered no challenge and only created another mechanic to halt gameplay and babysit rather than keep the game moving forward.
>>
It really bothers me how quick they were to remove a core feature. I wonder what else they will change or remove because of feedback.
>>
>>341818592
I.... nigga what?

>>341818546
well shit

>>341818650
I was under the impression that it was like to not be over reliant or resource management. Granted i was too late for the alpha demo but i thought that was how Souls games did it
>>
>>341818890
Thats it really
>>
>>341818995
In the Alpha shit broke way too fucking fast. Use something more than 3 times? broken.
>>
>>341818995
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/28/final-fantasy-fans-think-final-fantasy-xv-episode-duscae-demo/
>>
It looks solid as ever, can't wait to sink hours into this game
>>
>>341818995
No in the demo the weapons degraded very quickly. Granted enemies dropped weapons like crazy, but if that's the case what's the point of managing it at all? Might as well just remove degradation and keep the momentum of the game moving forward.
>>
I really like that circle that shows how long your weapon buff lasts, wish they had that in the souls games.

Also is that a fucking Ox? If so that's awesome
>>
>durability has been removed outright

Seems like a mistake. Admittedly I didn't like chewing through 100 katanas but they dropped often enough that it didn't make a difference. They could have just doubled the durability of every weapon and it would be fine.
>>
>The conquered influenced my game

Its sad that over half the people who thought they deserved a say in how this game was balanced couldn't beat the boat Oni let alone stage 2 and Nue.
>>
File: E3-Guardian-buffalo-1.jpg (281 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
E3-Guardian-buffalo-1.jpg
281 KB, 1920x1080
>>341819378
Yep, it's the Ox from the East Asian zodiac!
>>
>>341816517

Yeah, I did too. Shame it was removed.
>>
>>341819873
I think its still possible by holding the dodge button
>>
>>341819164
>14.0% of nips had said the game was too hard
godamnit

>20% didn't understand goals
See above

>another 20% said that they didn't like character
Nips have shit taste more at 11

>5% said the game was too long

Clearly we need another bomb. Jesus Fuck

>>341819354
ah
>>
File: Itegami.jpg (68 KB, 704x599) Image search: [Google]
Itegami.jpg
68 KB, 704x599
>>
>>341818592
It's really fucking sad since it's a complete 180 from 20 years ago when games were dumbed down for baby Americans. Hell, Mario 2 didn't get ported.
>>
File: m0058.jpg (655 KB, 1085x1600) Image search: [Google]
m0058.jpg
655 KB, 1085x1600
uuramu kakkoii!
>>
File: Gomenasai.jpg (62 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Gomenasai.jpg
62 KB, 600x800
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q0_D0nykqk
>>
>>341815797

The nerfs to core gameplay mechanics weren't needed. If this game isa casual shitshow it won't appeal to anyone.

Fucking casual degenerates ruin everything. Fuck off and play Wii games you milenial shitters. 10/10 mad.

Some of the other changes are good. Tightning up the UI is good news.
>>
>>341819553
I beat both and have the copy pasta saved to show up any actual conquered. Durability was fucking stupid and pointless given the amount of armor and weapons thrown at you and all other changes were just good quality of life changes.
>>
So did we ever figure out what any of the element combos did? If you combine two elements on one weapon it gave a third debuff.
>>
>>341818592
>Just look at the ffxv feedback.
What makes that even funnier is how everyone else said it was too easy.
>>
>>341815797
That all sounds awesome except for shortened breather thing. I NEVER completely depleted the stamina bar after I figured out how ki pulse worked. That was the #1 problem with the game. I saw so many videos of people playing during the alpha, and 90% of them didn't use ki pulse. All it needed was a better explanation on how it worked.
>>
File: 1465028033026.jpg (532 KB, 1098x1600) Image search: [Google]
1465028033026.jpg
532 KB, 1098x1600
Bilingual audio track, please!
>>
>>341816018
It was literally pointless. Doesn't really seem like a resource management game, it's an action game. I mean, what did it actually add to the game?

Just like in fucking Dark Souls, weapon durability almost never actually came up. Every few hours you might glance at your weapons' status and either use powder or hit the blacksmith. In Dank II it's just fucking annoying. In III, I literally never once thought about it.
>>
I only got to play like ten minutes of this demo because I discovered late into its release and had to work a lot. Still pretty cool from what I saw. I basically just hung around the beach area and the next little area with all the spear fuckers trying to get the rhythm of ki pulsing down. I have a lot of trouble with games that want me to switch shit up on the fly, but ki pulse is pretty slick.

IDK about durability because of how little I played of the demo. I think I had a weapon break on me, but I had tons in my inventory, so I don't see the point.
>>
File: William.jpg (879 KB, 2894x4093) Image search: [Google]
William.jpg
879 KB, 2894x4093
Gamer had an interview with Yasuda-san from the Nioh team and have a lot more info on what has changed.

The demo they had in the private press rooms at E3 is the current work-in-progress beta version, which will be out to the public in August.

First off, the beta test version will start out with a tutorial stage at the top and will teach players the basics. They also added in a new stage: Nakatsu (located in Kyushu, Japan) and a new weapon type: dual blades. Taking from FB from the alpha, they changed how the lock-on camera behaves and made a ton of other adjustments.

You’ll also be able to use firearms and bows on the fly. Firearms make a loud sound so they will attract nearby monsters, but they are powerful.

Nakatsu, unlike the other stages in the demo, is quite bright in appearance. The castle includes tons of complex and small passages filled with enemies waiting to kill you. The area has a lot of shortcuts, one of the things they decided to add after listening to FB as well.

For gameplay mechanics, they also added a hot springs. If you find a hot spring you can bath in it to recover your HP and get various buffs.

At the start of Nakatsu you’ll first face off against pirates and other human enemies but as you go deeper you’ll encounter zombie-like yokai. The location includes tons of complex and small passages filled with enemies but there are also a lot of shortcuts you can unlock.

At the end of the Nakatsu stage is the sexy corpse licking 飛縁魔 (Hinoenma), a yokai in Japanese mythology that seduces men, makes their lives miserable, then kills them. She flies and attacks in the air and sucks your blood. It is still undecided if they will include her in the beta version though. They go one about the story premise, but I’ve covers that enough so I’ll skip it…
http://gaijinhunter.tumblr.com/post/146005185122/nioh-beta-news
>>
File: Hanzo.jpg (627 KB, 2894x4093) Image search: [Google]
Hanzo.jpg
627 KB, 2894x4093
>>341824301
Yasuda-san and a lot of the development staff are huge dark souls fans, but they do feel their game has a unique identity of its own (and team ninja are veterans when it comes to making hard games). Head honcho Shibusawa-san is apparently a huge bloodborne fan and has been playing the Nioh builds a lot, and give them a lot of advice as he plays.

Nioh is currently 60-70% done. There is not “easy” mode (duh) but they do have online co-op for those who are stuck, as well as sub missions that you can do to level up and get good items.

The game is massive and is going to be about 30-40 hours long. It will remain an exclusive for PS4 at this point.
>>
>>341824430
>30-40 hours
short
>>
File: m0061.jpg (603 KB, 1093x1600) Image search: [Google]
m0061.jpg
603 KB, 1093x1600
>now he's truly become the nioh™

Shitty manga.
>>
>>341824484
Hopefully they just mean the main story; Shibusawa was sucking off the game at TGS about how big it'd be and how you'd have to give it a few runs through to see everything.
>>
>>341824603
Probably. They also said 100 side missions but thats bullshit
>>
>>341825126
I could see that being true if they end up resorting to the TPP method of recycling the same 5 or 6 side-mission types across the whole game, so "Kill this different coloured variant of generic enemy that's now hiding in X area!" making up the vast bulk of them.
>>
>Nioh is currently 60-70% done

How are they going to release it this year?
>>
>>341825126
Apparently the side missions will be comprised of enemy waves.
>>
>>341825667
Yeah, looks like that October 28 date issued to British retailers was probably just a placeholder.
>>
>>341815797
>The life and stamina bars are now more colourful, as is the spirit guardian gauge
It's good that it's easier to tell how full the Spirit gauge is, wasn't very clear before
>Quick-item slots have been made bigger on the HUD, and have been expanded to encompass the entire D-Pad; also it seems that two sets of items can be mapped to the D-Pad and swapped on the fly
Pretty much the only thing I desperately wanted was more item slots, and they went above and beyond with having 8
>A second missile weapon can now be equipped
Might be overkill but gonna have to wait and see
>The lock-on system has been changed to work more similarly to Zelda or Souls; running backwards while locked on isn't possible anymore
Not too keen on this, it looks a bit more awkward though that might be due to the new camera, looks set to Action instead of Cinematic. Before, you actually had to pay attention when maneuvering by being light on the stick or holding block, but whatever
>William's breathers after running out of stamina seem to have been shortened by half
Unnecessary change. Should have been kept the same, but it didn't look too different
>Dodges and rolls now seem to have more weight to them and seem less glide-y than they were in the alpha
Honestly looked the same to me, probably the camera again
It should never have been removed. Needs to come back.
>On-screen messages display whenever a proficiency point is earned for the equipped weapon, with a little display at the bottom of the screen showing how many you currently have
Handy I guess
>Drop rate seems to have been toned down a bit, so every enemy isn't a piñata of useless gear
Exaggerated on both fronts it looks like, was fine before but not changed much
>Buff/nerf icons have been tweaked and now show you how much longer they're in effect for
Was already in alpha

Overall it seems like it's shaping up well, now to actually read the thread and deal with ignorant casuals.
>>
>>341825703
That sucks
>>
>>341815797
I really don't like that, running out of stamina needs to be punishing
Thank the heavens, sometimes i felt like I was playing Borderlands: Samurai Edition with all the pickups.
>>
>>341815797
Do you still stagger when you run out of stamina?
>>
>>341826676
Check 4:35 with the arrow trap.
>>
>>341816018
Had no place in a game like this. Eat shit, turbofaggot.
>>
when is the manga continuing?
>>
>>341815797
>>The lock-on system has been changed to work more similarly to Zelda or Souls; running backwards while locked on isn't possible anymore
>>William's breathers after running out of stamina seem to have been shortened by half

Thanks, casuals.

And for fuck's sake, that gameplay video. The oni is only taking off like 1/12 of his health each hit. That's a massive reduction in strength compared to the alpha.
>>
>>341815797
don't need to watch it already preordered
>no new enemies tho
>>
File: E3-Youkai-3.jpg (340 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
E3-Youkai-3.jpg
340 KB, 1920x1080
>>341827543
The skeleton warriors hadn't been seen prior to this E3.
>>
>>341827486
Lock on change was for the best.
>>
>>341827486
He probably had good shit equipped.
>>
Game is looking good and I can't wait for the new demo in August.
>>
>>341827486
They probably did nerf it a bit, but look at how much damage he's actually doing and then compare it to how much it's shaving off his health bar. Nigga's obviously a high level and has really good gear on.
>>
any news if its coming to pc?
>>
>>341827486
hopefully that means so do enemies, hopefully there are rings/items that extend that for pvp so shitters get btfo
>>
>>341816517
I feel like it was really important to the combat, it punished you if you panicked when combined with the extreme amount of bonus damage that occurs if you get hit from behind, it encouraged you to discipline yourself and move conscious of how fast you were going.
>>
>>341827973
It's a PS4 exclusive, at least for the foreseeable future.

Also Team Ninja don't seem to be too hot on PC ports after that nude mod thing with DoA5.
>>
>>341818352
I played it at E3. It's definitely harder than the souls games, but I like the Stance mechanic a lot.

I'll probably grab it, desu senpai.
>>
>>341827756
That lock-on mechanic was an intentional design choice because getting hit in the back makes you take significantly more damage. Allowing you to lock-on to an an enemy and then never show your back to them even when running away just kills the entire system.
>>
>>341815797
isn't too bad, i mean it just punished shitters basically if you're decent at all you'll be getting loot all the time; additionally you won't have to repair if you're doing boss runs
>>
>>341828229
Plus there was to be a blacksmith in the final version that was mentioned in a loading screen hint and the explanation for the as-yet unused familiarity mechanic, so presumably it would've just been the DaS model of repairing everything any time you go back to the shrine.
>>
>>341828051
this
souls babies complained about this yet already know about backstabs
>turning your back to your enemy
>>
>>341828420
not only that but if you walked you would face the enemy, again it was all about disciplining yourself and not panicking but with this you can circle strafe enemies and cheese them possibly.
>>
>Nioh devs said that while Japan bitched most about the difficulty, the clear percentage for the demo was highest in Japan
>>
Can't be bothered (you)ing everyone but I'm gonna share some thoughts on the subject of Durability.

First off, why is everyone so against it as a mechanic itself? It's essentially just another bar that affects your capabilities in combat, like Health or Ki, but you can still fight when it's low. How is it worse keeping track of just another thing, which takes far longer on average to go down and is quick to recover at that? It encourages weapon variety, being prepared before going into fights and efficient combat when done right, and Nioh was really damn close to a system that was actually noticable.
With losing Durability, we also lose the potential of enemies and equipment using it. We already saw this with weapons and armour having different max durabilities that could affect playstyle (dodging vs blocking), but there could have been enemies that, for example, have certain weakspots you need to aim for to avoid damaging your weapon, or have attacks that do the same and need to be dodged. Removing potential depth because people don't like stats in an Action RPG is ridiculous.
And shit, Durability wasn't even a big deal in the demo itself. In the early parts of the demo, sure you didn't have many repair items, but you also don't have a stand out weapon, so you can freely swap. Once you do, you've been able to offer stuff and find enough to get by, that's when you have a few preferred weapons, so the balance worked out fine in this contained environment. Hell, the full game's got a blacksmith and a shop anyway. Really, most people that complained about Durability were at a certain point in the demo, and should think about how it ties into the rest of the game. Without it, the loot system is somewhat diminished.

There's probably more I'm missing but this is likely too long as it is. All I'm saying is, give Durability a chance.
And make weapons break faster.

tl:dr durability was fine it's an action rpg stats are good no one will read this next week ki and lock on
>>
>>341815797
>>The lock-on system has been changed to work more similarly to Zelda or Souls; running backwards while locked on isn't possible anymore
this is all that matters, thank god. I got really sick of constantly holding block.
>>
File: 1463591444145.jpg (34 KB, 418x279) Image search: [Google]
1463591444145.jpg
34 KB, 418x279
>>341815797
Most of these changes look great
>>341816018
Oh cmon don't even act like it was a good feature
>>
>>341829291
100% damage guard on swords means people will just turtle up against human opponents or they'll just dump a bunch of onis that have basically infinite stamina to drain your stamina
durability on weapons atleast means you can't shut off your brain and block without actually attempting to dodge and move
>>
>>341829598
You could already walk backwards, you just had to tilt the stick slightly.
>>
>>341829291
>>341829738
also think that weapon durability damage scaling be tied to elementals; fire sword does 30%+/super effective vs plant weapon
>>
>>341827963
>look at how much damage he's actually doing and then compare it to how much it's shaving off his health bar.
Comparatively, it's very little different to in the alpha demo, in terms of his health. In the alpha the oni would hit you for around 500hp, which would be a good half of your health bar. Meanwhile, the damage he's actually doing to the oni and its health are largely the same as in the alpha demo.
The damage reduction to the player is massive.
>>
>>341815797
Can you sprint sideways locked on?
>>
>>341828176
Yeah I totally agree. This kind of thing worries me since they clearly intended it to be that way, but they changed it so flippantly from the demo feedback, as if they don't trust themselves. Even the stances took advantage of it, as the mid stance, focused on defence, was the only one that allowed you to recover Ki while moving with your guard up. I also don't like how it looks aesthetically, although the animation could be a work in progress and it looks like they both changed to the other camera mode and adjusted that one as well. I liked the standard Alpha demo camera, the angle and closeness made the fighting feel more intense and brutal. Just gonna have to ask them to fix it come August and hope they listen.
>>
>>341829851
It was really annoying to do though, the zone to do it was really finnicky and I'd often me strafing backwards only to end up running straight backwards and exposing my back when I didn't mean to.
I do agree with the other post in the thread though, saying that it could lead to circlestrafing cheese. Hope they have a way of countering that, whether it be through the AI or some sort of other mechanic.
I'm also slightly worried about how few new enemies are in this 6 minutes of gameplay. Hopefully the full game won't be as recycled.
>>
Okay on that gameplay demo when he goes to the shrine it says "100000" amrita needed for the next level".

Around what level is he assuming they haven't changed the amrita requirements?
>>
Playing with the core mechanic of the game (stamina management) is a finicky thing.

I was worried it would be removed altogether, so i'm glad it was only nerfed.
>>
>>341830109
I didn't actually notice the camera change in this new gameplay until you mentioned it, but now I see that it's further away and raised higher compared to in the demo. I did like it then, and it also made it more hectic when fighting multiple enemies, but with this area being an indoor environment I get the impression that they may have run into issues with the camera indoors. In the houses in the demo the camera was awful.
>>
>>341830709
Camera was one of the most important things to fix.

In the demo whenever you have to fight in those short houses with bandits the camera went crazy.
>>
File: Nioh Alpha Demo_20160428201500.jpg (310 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Nioh Alpha Demo_20160428201500.jpg
310 KB, 1920x1080
>>341830583
100,000 for a single level up would roughly be in the mid-late 40s or early 50s, from memory (Plus he obviously has very good equipment on). Though that's assuming that the demo is being played with a character that's using legitmate level scaling and not some Mickey Mouse build for the E3 demo.
>>
>>341829738
>>341829985
Yeah exactly, there's a ton of uses they could have introduced for it. Even the Ox could have a passive buff that reduces weapon degradation. There's far too much that can be tied to it for it to just be taken out, and they probably have to rework a ton of things because of it.
>>341830151
Wouldn't it just be simpler for them to increase the zone for walking than changing the whole movement though? Holding your guard up was already in anyway but that would have solved any problems.
Also >>341830071 just reminded me of a defensive option that I don't think anyone ever kept in mind. Just run the fuck away. Seriously, sprinting costs barely any Ki, so it works great when you have a moment but are in danger. With Dog spirit, light armour and Kekkai talismans I was literally able to sprint from the beginning of Dazaifu to the key. Combat works even better when you think like a classic samurai movie hero. Uh, to answer the question, I didn't see it but you were able to sprint when locked on before so I would assume it's just the same and you'd turn.
>>
>>341831029
Sorry, just to put that into perspective, that 66,000 experience I had was from just dicking around on replays of the second stage (You'd probably be somewhere between 25 and 30 when you do it for the first time), and I think was probably around enough to take me up a level or two?

That picture was for one of those "Post Your William!" threads we had on the last day of the alpha.
>>
>>341830709
I suppose it could be an attempt to fix that, but I feel like they could have made it better without changing it so much, it looks too different to be just that. Also I'm probably crazy but I didn't really have many problems in the tight spaces of the village, but I mean that's not a place you would want to fight in anyway.
>>
>>341824301
>sexy corpse licking
>>
I love the dualkats

I hope they either keep introducinf new weapons or skills
>>
>>341832974
There was a picture of a kusarigama in the background of the equipment menu, so you'd assume that'll appear at some point.
>>
>>341815797
>>Dodges and rolls now seem to have more weight to them and seem less glide-y than they were in the alpha

Thank fuck. everything felt loose as hell.
>>
>>341832974
Twin katanas were guaranteed but they look as cool as expected. The equipment menu had a picture of a gun which was added too but also a kusarigama, so that'll probably be in, or it might be part of a ninja sword class of weapons (like how axes and hammers are one). It'd be cool if there were even more weapons like nodachis and naginatas but I want loads more skills. Each weapon type felt really unique and every new move was awesome and set them apart even more.
>>
>>341815797
Either that player is wearing some crazy strong armor or they nerfed the fuck out of demons, those assholes killed me in three hits in the alpha.
>>
>>341835026
He's also level 40.
>>
>>341831196
>Wouldn't it just be simpler for them to increase the zone for walking than changing the whole movement though? Holding your guard up was already in anyway but that would have solved any problems.
Definitely could have, shouldn't be asking me why they didn't.
>>
>>341835351
Just checking, a lot of people don't seem to come to these kinds of conclusions. Like how people complained about both durability and the amount of equipment dropped when they complimented each other and just needed slight tweaking if anything. Instead by taking out one they have to rework the other.

To keep the thread going, any ideas on what the Mark of the Conqueror reward could be, and what you'd want it to be?
>>
File: Panda-Samonosake1.jpg (73 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
Panda-Samonosake1.jpg
73 KB, 630x420
>>341836096
Most people seem to be thinking it'll just be a special set of equipment or a unique Kodama or something, which sounds pretty realistic.

I'd personally like something silly, like the panda suit in Onimusha!

It's nice of you to try and keep the thread going, but sadly I think the fact of the matter is that there's just not that many people here that are interested in the game. Even those really neat threads we had during the alpha would rarely get over about 100 posters, and it was pretty clearly the same core group of people in every thread.
>>
>>341836096
I really don't get why people defended the durability system at all. Really all it did was make you use whetstones, it's not like souls where if you break a weapon you have to go somewhere to repair it and because of upgrades you might not have anything to fall back on, you just use an item on the spot, and if you don't have that item you use the next-best thing you got which probably has like 20 less AR. The whole system was pretty pointless. I'd would've like to see it reworked also rather than removed, but it didn't actually make anything harder and I won't miss it.
As for mark of the conqueror, I'd like to be a key or something that leads you to a mid or end-game boss at the relative start of the game so you can fight him right away, and if you kill him you won't have to fight him again later in the game normally and you get to use all of the over-leveled loot he drops.
That way it feels like you get an advantage on the game for having the Mark but at the same time don't lock any players who didn't have the demo out of any content.
>>
>Hey, game was great loved the difficulty but could you add more animal spirits?
>HERE YOU GO BRO

I'm glad they actually listened, though it's a shame they nurfed the challenge of the game; all they had to do was lower enemy HP for balance; when everyone is broken, no one will be.
>>
>>341815797
I can't see anything other than the UI and the numbers from the damage. It's too dark
>>
All they had to do was make weapons more durable, lower the drop rates from mobs, and increase the drops rates from revenants.
>>
why is there no release date

is this going to slip into 2017?
>>
>>341837948
If Hayashi was telling the truth and the game in its current incarnation really is only 60-70% finished, it may well get pushed into next year.

Official release date'll probably get given out at TGS.
>>
>>341836441
Yeah that's what I was thinking too, it would probably have to be something that didn't have too much of an effect on stats. A goofy costume or cool looking weapon would be fun though, it'd be neat if there was a way to make your equipment look like something else so that you could keep using it.

I know, it's a real shame but the longer the threads last the more people can learn about the game, and maybe then there can be more and bigger threads. It's just looking like a great game so far and the threads were really good so gotta try and keep that going.

>>341836573
One of the things about having durability is that the figures weren't set in stone yet but it was already looking promising and had potential. You might say you'd swap to something similar, but without it in there you wouldn't even need to keep the other weapon at all, which just takes away the aspect of working with what you have, which felt satisfying and added to the RPG elements. There was going to be a blacksmith in the game so I think having weapons need repaired there if fully broken could have made it even more important now that you mention it, but unlike Souls your durability at least actually decreased at a noticable rate depending on how you fight and with what. Without it it makes the loot system feel just a little hollow.
That could be an interesting Mark idea, although I wouldn't want to just breeze through stuff if I manage to beat that boss. If they don't readd some of the mechanics they took out, maybe having the Mark could unlock a mode early with them still in.
>>
>>341837685
You need to fix your monitor's settings, anon.
>>
people who are crying because they removed durability are so retarded it hurts.

I didnt have a problem managing durability in the demo. Glue and whestones were plenty, but it also added absolutely nothing to the game. Not having two extra items clogging up your inventory and not having to stop for a while to fix your weapon is also an improvement.

tl;dr; stop crying you baby bitch
>>
>>341838390
Don't forget that more people in a thread doesn't necessarily mean a better thread. I'd much rather a nice, comfy thread to a shitposting mess. There are lots of niche games that have fantastic threads on here.
>>
>>341838390
I'm kinda in two minds about it; yeah, more people to keep threads about cool games like Nioh active is nice, but they can potentially blow up a little too much and turn quite sour, since you'll proportionately just have to be taking on more and more shitposters and plain fucking morons. Just look at those original DeS threads we had and now nice they were compared to what Souls threads are like now on /v/ (Or even worse, /dsg/).
>>
>>341838069
>>341837948

i thought it was set to come out this october/november?
>>
Cool. Durability has no place in any action oriented game.
>>
>>341839691
Officially, since it was re-revealed at TGS last year, it was "TBA 2016", which was later changed to "Late 2016" after E3.

The October 28 thing comes from a few British retailers who put it up for pre-order about a week before the alpha, so it may well have just been a placeholder date that was issued by KT Europe.
>>
>>341839396
>>341839667
Oh of course, it's true that having too many people can just ruin things in the long run. I guess I'm more concerned at the number of threads themselves rather than the number of people posting in them. I suppose there's not always much news to talk about, but when the change list dropped I saw one, maybe two threads at most, and that was a really big deal. We'll find the balance, like William found the balance between bold strong Western heritage and glorious Japanese skills and customs.
>>
The Durability removal is probably related to the drop reduction - durability repair items most often come from item sacrifice, which was fueled by the loot pinata enemies. Reducing drops reduces the amount of vendor trash you can sacrifice, which means you could be genuinely caught in a situation where you cannot repair your weapons. My one concern is that this will also mean you can hit a brick wall progress wise, because vendor trash items was a way to make back amrita lost due to repeated deaths/ensure you could always level up after enough tries. It was part of a feedback loop that would let less skilled players progress even when outclassed
>>
>>341840072
There was gonna be a blacksmith in the final version; it was mentioned in one of the loading screen hints and in the explanation for the familiarity mechanic, though I see your point.
>>
>>341840072
Totally agree, one of the main reasons the loot was reduced is directly because of the removal of Durability, but you have a good point about how it will affect the bonus Amrita you got, which could end up being a pretty decent amount. Your weapons weakening along with your Guardian Spirit being left behind was a much better penalty for dying than a flat health reduction, because while it still allowed you to fight similarly, if you were unprepared equipment-wise you would spend more time fighting, and therefore give you more practice on the parts you died at, without any innate buffs or powerups in the way. By accident or by design, a lot of things actually worked in sync well.
>>341840160
The blacksmith would probably only be accessible from the map, and you'd need to use a Himorogi Branch to get there from a mission, although it sounds like they changed that too. Didn't seem necessary to me, you get like 5 from the first mission alone.
>>
>>341815797
Might be for the best. I lamed the fuck out of onis by running out of their attack range and hitting them when they were open.
>>
>>341815797
>>William's breathers after running out of stamina seem to have been shortened by half
>>Dodges and rolls now seem to have more weight to them and seem less glide-y than they were in the alpha
>>Durability has been removed outright
cool
>>
File: not momiji.jpg (226 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
not momiji.jpg
226 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>341843120
So since fictionalized versions of William Adams and Hattori Hanzō appear in the game (As well as Jan Joosten being alluded to in the manga), am I right in assuming that she's loosely based on a real-life historical figure as well?
>>
man I don't think the game will be released this year, doing another demo in august seems kinda late
>>
Does anyone know when the second chapter of the manga is getting released?
>>
>>341843120
Shes not even attractive.
>>
File: 1456456986733.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1456456986733.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1600
I hope they make it so that your weapon skills aren't useless when you fight Youkai. Like you buy all these cool techniques, like sweeping your opponent's legs with a spear and perfect parries/counters, but then you don't get to use any of that stuff when you get further into a level and are only fighting Demons.
>>
File: nioh_screenshot12.jpg (714 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nioh_screenshot12.jpg
714 KB, 1920x1080
>>341843120
Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.