[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does the PlayStation 4 have backwards compatibility yet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: PS4_lg.jpg (63 KB, 1024x785) Image search: [Google]
PS4_lg.jpg
63 KB, 1024x785
Does the PlayStation 4 have backwards compatibility yet?
>>
>>341809906
>Does the PlayStation 4 have backwards compatibility
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Does+the+PlayStation+4+have+backwards+compatibility
>>
>>341809906
No and it never will
>>
If not I guess PC wins again
>>
>>341809906
Literally the only advantage Xbone has over PS4.
>>
>>341810132
>paying full price in buying a new console to play older console games
>>
File: _39367963_dumbledore.jpg (49 KB, 350x294) Image search: [Google]
_39367963_dumbledore.jpg
49 KB, 350x294
>>341809906
no, no well done microsoft.

HOWEVER

seeing as how sony has won the internet meme perception competition i see fit to award them...75 points.

furthermore since sony has achieved excellence in interactive movies i will award them...50.more.points. which means SONY has won the house cup.
>>
>>341810132
There's only a select amount of games I can't play NV
>>
The PS3 still sells a lot in japan so no, they won't throw away the ps3 milking.
>>
>>341810392
Nobody buys an Xbone to play older games. Backwards compatibility is what's called a feature, and generally a piece of hardware will have several of them. Typically a person will buy hardware that had the most features that appeal to them, and backwards compatibility can be a nice incentive if they have a large library of games they don't want to get rid of.
>>
File: DatFeelWhenBestgames.png (1 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
DatFeelWhenBestgames.png
1 MB, 1000x1000
>>341809906
>>341810119
>>341810096
>>341810043

No but we have games on the way. Great games. All kinds of games, we eating good over here.
>>
File: TheGreatestLineUpOAT.jpg (691 KB, 2198x275) Image search: [Google]
TheGreatestLineUpOAT.jpg
691 KB, 2198x275
>>341812964
Literally the greatest line up of all time.
>>
>>341809906
No, because they are the market leader.

The only reason Xbone has its shitty emulated backwards compatibility (as bad as 360's was) is because they need to appease and pander to their audience more since they are behind 1:2

Same reason why they have more AAA games for "free" on XboxLive Gold, they need to invest more and work harder to try and reach the market leader.

So no, PS4 won't ever get BC or better PS+ "freebies" overall, because it'll always be the leader and doesn't need to try hard. Also, selling PS2 classics remastered for PS4 gets them quite a bit of dosh, as well as all the PS3 remasters.
>>
>>341809906
Yes you just have to pay 100$ a year to unlock it.
>>
>>341809906

No, because you dickheads kept buying remasters and HD collections last generation and fucked things up.
>>
They have PlayStation Now.

Most worthwhile games have been remastered.

Anyone that knows anything about the PS3 knows that it would be fucking impossible for native backwards compatibility because of the retarded Cell processor in the PS3.
>>
>>341813063

I find it hard to care about those games. I'm more interested in Project Diva X and Knack 2.
>>
>>341812648
sure thing goy, keep telling yourself that
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.