[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tales Games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: tales-of-phantasia-game[2].png (425 KB, 600x540) Image search: [Google]
tales-of-phantasia-game[2].png
425 KB, 600x540
I keep wanting to replay this game, but I'd rather play something new. Which games in the series are good and most like the original?
>>
File: a30afc77.jpg (513 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
a30afc77.jpg
513 KB, 960x1280
>>341806854

Would seem to me that Destiny, Eternia, and Destiny 2 would be most similar to Phantasia, but I'm mostly going off the way combat is set up being similar.

Other than them, Symphonia is recommended for newcomers and is actually a prequel of sorts to Phantasia.
>>
If you've played only the SNES version, play the PSX version and vice versa. The two versions are different enough to warrant playing through each.
>>
>>341806854

>Good

- Destiny: DC (Japanese only)
- Eternia
- Symphonia
- Rebirth (Japanese only)
- Abyss
- Vesperia (PS3 version if you can into Nip, otherwise the 360 version is fine)
- Graces f has good combat, but it's one of its few great features. The only other is funny skits and victory quotes.

The Xillias are mediocre, but not bad, just not the best the series has to offer.

>most like the original

Symphonia I guess. In fact it's set within the same universe as Phantasia.
>>
>>341807563
>>341808435
I tried the first Tales of Destiny and thought it was pretty bland. Might just have a slow start.

Thanks, anons. I think I'll try Eternia next.
>>
File: td.jpg (256 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
td.jpg
256 KB, 1280x1024
>>
>>341809171

The original version is a bit bland and does have a slow start. The PS2 remake is better in every single way, but unfortunately it was never translated.
>>
Phantasia and Destiny are the best. The rest is just rehash after rehash.
>>
>>341809958

It's always so easy to spot people who've never actually played more than two or three games in the series.
>>
File: 1725[1].png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1725[1].png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>341809885
That sucks. Seems like I've been waiting forever for a translation of Nakiri Dungeon X.
>>
>>341806854
you should try Symphonia 2 :^)
>>
>>341810349
I've played Phantasia, Destiny, Eternia, Rebirth, Symphonia, Abyss, Legendia, Innocence, and Xillia

I've realized they're all the same game reskinned, Phantasia and Destiny are the ones I keep coming back to. Symphonia in special was really awful.
>>
Stay away from the abomination that is the GBA version of Tales of Phantasia.
>>
>>341811374

I don't know how you can say they're all rehashes if you've played Rebirth then. The thing about Team Destiny games is they always came up with new systems in every game. Rebirth's Force system and three line battle system was unique, as was the dual Mystic Arte thing (they showed up again, but years later and they worked differently). Destiny: DC's CC system was completely unique until Graces showed up. Even Hearts is different. Team Symphonia games on the other hand have always basically just been reusing and improving the same concepts.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.