[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So where's my fucking sequel, Shimokawa? With the lack of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 33
File: Soul_Sacrifice_NA_boxart.jpg (37 KB, 280x354) Image search: [Google]
Soul_Sacrifice_NA_boxart.jpg
37 KB, 280x354
So where's my fucking sequel, Shimokawa?
With the lack of Monster Hunter on the PlayStation, why the fuck is there not a new Soul Sacrifice coming so Sony can reel that crowd back in?
>>
>>341803148
Probably never.

Sucks. I'd honestly like to see a spin off with the same dark fairytale setting and approach to lore, but with non-hunter gameplay.

It'd probably sell better in the west too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThJ5_smk134
>>
Inafune is too busy being a con artist to put out another one of these nowadays.
>>
>>341803148
I'll tell you why.

It's because nobody at Sony played it and knows how great the story and lore really is. They all believed the mediocre shitty scores by shitty gaming journalists who also never played past the demo.

Thus this game will NEVER get a sequel or even a port. I don't mind never getting a sequel because Delta ended everything perfectly. I only wished there was a HD port so others can finally see how fucking great the story and lore is.

> With the lack of Monster Hunter on the PlayStation, why the fuck is there not a new Soul Sacrifice coming so Sony can reel that crowd back in?

Fuck monster hunter. It's stale as fuck. Get ready for God Eater 2 and Toukiden 2.
>>
>>341804502
I'm wanting a bloody sequel on the True Ending of SSD.
I mean, shit, they were having talks for a sequel in 2014, I'd expect an announcement by now.
SSD's True Ending implied the world could be saved, and the loop broken. Even if you're playing as someone else I want it god damn it.

It pains me to say it but it was a mistake putting it on the Vita, probably, and not having a HD update of Delta on the PS4 (or releasing Delta on the PS4 instead of the Vita), because the Vita is and was practically for the West, as most people think "animu games and games with HD ports on other consoles".

>>341804715
Inafune was only the designer, Shimokawa was the director of the project.
>>
>>341804971
>SSD's True Ending implied the world could be saved, and the loop broken. Even if you're playing as someone else I want it god damn it.

They didn't imply it. They fucking did it right in Delta. Or did you pick the wrong choice and restarted the eternal recursion?
>>
File: cries in japanese.jpg (161 KB, 584x434) Image search: [Google]
cries in japanese.jpg
161 KB, 584x434
>>341804905
>Get ready for God Eater 2 and Toukiden 2.
I've already got the cash God Eater 2 set aside. Haven't played Toukiden because I wanted to wait for the updated rerelease of the first one and kinda forgot about it afterwards.

>It's because nobody at Sony played it and knows how great the story and lore really is. They all believed the mediocre shitty scores by shitty gaming journalists who also never played past the demo.
This breaks my heart, anon.

>Thus this game will NEVER get a sequel or even a port. I don't mind never getting a sequel because Delta ended everything perfectly. I only wished there was a HD port so others can finally see how fucking great the story and lore is.
Amen to that.

>>341805328
>Or did you pick the wrong choice and restarted the eternal recursion?
I didn't. I meant that they implied that the crapsack world could recover, and that the loop was broken. Sorry, my mistake.
>>
>>341804971
I didn't get Delta because it came out not long after I beat OG, and I was salty that they were trying to charge me full price for a game that included a shit load of content I already paid for.

Or, in other words, I'm very much against those "Super" versions of games, where you can't just buy the added content as DLC, but have to buy a whole new game instead.

Maybe I'll get it now that it's been a while and I've forgotten most of the game.

I remember that I used a fuck load of throwing weapons though, and I hear those were nerfed in Delta.
>>
>>341804971
> Inafune was only the designer

The initial game was actually Inafune's idea in the first place. Also he was the main reason for much of the improvements from regular version to Delta since he directly asked the fans what should be changed.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/10/soul-sacrifice-delta-made-fan-feedback-ideas-sequel/
>>
PS4 PORT WHEN
>>
Does anyone still even play SS online? I played it a couple times back before Delta came out. It was kind of neat seeing other people's builds. I was always the guy who put the "die in 1 hit" sigil on, because being a glass cannon with dodging offerings was fun as fuck.
>>
>>341805579
>I didn't get Delta because it came out not long after I beat OG, and I was salty that they were trying to charge me full price for a game that included a shit load of content I already paid for.
>Or, in other words, I'm very much against those "Super" versions of games, where you can't just buy the added content as DLC, but have to buy a whole new game instead.
I agree anon, I never played the OG, but I feel your pain with other games.
Updated rereleases should offer a discount (temporarily) for those who have the original, I agree.

>Maybe I'll get it now that it's been a while and I've forgotten most of the game.
>I remember that I used a fuck load of throwing weapons though, and I hear those were nerfed in Delta.
I was more a spear user but throwing weapons feel very weak, aye.
I usually spam them a lot in quick succession because of it's weak damage.

Delta also has better quality textures, by the way. A long with more fine grained improvements, but most of the game is kept intact.

>>341805959
>Does anyone still even play SS online? I played it a couple times back before Delta came out. It was kind of neat seeing other people's builds. I was always the guy who put the "die in 1 hit" sigil on, because being a glass cannon with dodging offerings was fun as fuck.
I still do, anon!
I'm in Europe.

>>341805626
Didn't knew that, thanks for the read!

>>341805791
Hopefully sometimes this year so Sony will realize they need to make a fucking sequel.
>>
>>341805959
I hated playing with retards who die in 1 hit...
>>
>>341805626
Brilliant localization
change the entire legend of King Arthur and other tales for the sake of.... wait why the fuck they changed the names.
Goddamit retarded localization teams.

Never forget Magusar = Merlin.
>>
>>341806091
>Updated rereleases should offer a discount (temporarily) for those who have the original, I agree.

They did that in japan... tho not in the US. But I have to say... the new content in Delta was just as long as the original game and I loved the original game so much that I decided to get Delta on release. It was worth the money.
>>
>>341806165
Well, I would hang back and use throwing weapons, which in the original release were very powerful. I was very rarely in danger, and I always had dodge offerings to use. I typically died the least just because I was a ranged built.
>>
>>341803148
>Wanting to shit on SSD by making a sequel that would fuck over the entire concept of saving/sacrificing.

I hate you people. Why can't you leave a good game to stay a good game instead of ruining the story because you need an unwarranted sequel?
>>
File: fuck.jpg (84 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
84 KB, 1280x720
What was the worst boss and why was it this asshole?
>>
>>341806265
>change the entire legend of King Arthur and other tales for the sake of.... wait why the fuck they changed the names.
>Goddamit retarded localization teams.
Because they feared they'd offend the Britons who still carry those legends in high esteem.
Except nobody would give a shite.

Anyway, it might just be because I'm biased and used to it, but Magusar, Librom, Sortiara, and the like, really sound better to me than just ripping Arthurian names.
I guess those names grew on me.

Not like using all other fairy tale and fantasy names all sound great or made sense.
Locations as well, made no sense where they were placed.
>>
>>341806647
Not him, but why does it have to be a direct sequel? Personally I would love to see it done like Final Fantasy, where the next game is a completely new dark fantasy story with the same sacrifice / save gameplay mechanic.
>>
>>341803148
Honestly, there's some games that are great only because there isn't a sequel which will most likely be a shitty cash grab and taint the name. We got Delta, it isn't a sequel but it's great and the best we're getting.
>>
File: confused screaming.jpg (35 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
confused screaming.jpg
35 KB, 640x640
>>341806660
Because his faggotry "hurr imma go invisible" "hurr imma go berserk" "hurr imma launch slugs" was fucking ridiculous.

Fuck that asshole, hated fighting him and could never get a proper fast quest completion on that cunt.

>The first time the fucking Bahamut appears out of nowhere
>>
>>341806647
I actually won't mind a sequel set in the new world without the eternal recursion and the chalice. Would be interesting to know how the survivors picked up the pieces and started life again. Tho it probably won't be as grim dark as before...
>>
>>341806893
>>341806647
I just don't want the series to die.
At least a PS4 port so some interest might be generated, and they'd either make a sequel or, as >>341806807 said, a new dark fantasy story, perhaps set in the same world or perhaps not, but with the same core mechanics.

Not that it would ever go beyond the Magusar-Librom bro love.
>>
File: carnatux.jpg (2 MB, 960x2180) Image search: [Google]
carnatux.jpg
2 MB, 960x2180
>>341806660
>lol I'll just turn invincible for like two hours
Fuck all forms of this boss

On a different note, who was your favorite character?
Hardmode: No Sortiara or Magusar
>>
This is one of the very few games where I bothered reading every piece of lore.
>>
>>341803148
Because everyone that isnt a vitard knows SS isnt actually good.
>>
>>341806893
I'd be down if it was a completely different world. One that never had a Librom or Magusar. Would be cool to see how a different set of Sorcerors would fight the God's control. Just don't fuck with the original world.
>>
>>341803148
Vita is dead. It had no presence in E3 and will likely just get a bunch of anime hentai games at tgs, so no SS2 for you.
>>
>>341807360
The lore was honestly one of the best parts of the game. I'm not a super huge fan of hunter games, but I would always try and kill new bosses or enemies, just so I could get their lore. And then of course the main story and all the side character stories were all great.
>>
>>341807298
>Hardmode
>Isn't even hard

Calixto. Always and forever Calixto.
>>
File: 1465257884803.jpg (116 KB, 628x640) Image search: [Google]
1465257884803.jpg
116 KB, 628x640
So soul sacrifice delta is only on psn no physical relase on the west?
Do i have to bought the original and delta or delta is the definitive version?
>>
>>341807550
GR2 is still kicking on PS4 though. There's still hope.
>>
>>341807742
Delta is the definitive hyper ultra super turbo edition.
>>
>>341807298
>>On a different note, who was your favorite character?
Radux was a true nigga.
Very compelling character, and I really wanted to follow his story afterwards.

>>341807550
Who says it has to be on the Vita?
Gravity Rush got ported to the PS4

>>341807360
Same, I just kept going.
Every part of the lore was just so well-written. The voice acting was also fitting and one of the best I've ever heard.

>>341807742
>So soul sacrifice delta is only on psn no physical relase on the west?
Yep.
>Do i have to bought the original and delta or delta is the definitive version?
Just get Delta.

>>341807431
Everyone that isn't a Vitard never played it, so they don't know shit.
>>
File: feels.jpg (119 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
feels.jpg
119 KB, 960x544
>her entire story
>tfw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIv1aSZ9DFk starts playing
>choke up like a bitch

Fuck man

The "reunion" in Delta almost brought me to tears
>>
>>341807837
>I bet you never played it

Coudve known that woudve been your reply.
Every time
Like clockwork.
>>
>>341807927
Anon why :_:7

>>341807952
Great argument, DID you play it?
Because even though the gameplay might not be your thing, the worldbuilding was great.
>>
Aren't they currently busy with The last guardian and Gravity Rush 2? You'll get your Soul Sacrifice PS4 after that.
>>
>>341807457
Kind of like a Bloodbourne to Dark Souls kind of deal? Keep the gameplay and grim dark shit but change the world and lore, that could work. I just wish more people played it so it would have a chance to happen.
>>
>>341807431
You will never experience such great story, lore and narration in video games that is off the charts. It's so good that it makes me to look down upon shitposters like yourself with great pity.

All you have is your ignorance and memes.
>>
>>341808057
As someone who lived it. The gameplay is boring enough to turn someone away if they couldn't get into the story. It's pretty barebones and the sigil system forces you to main an offering type rather than have diversity. The sigil system forces combat to be stale.
>>
>>341808156
Yeah, I'd be so down for that. Best case scenario and it'd be a day1 buy for me.
>>
File: rad.jpg (104 KB, 736x1063) Image search: [Google]
rad.jpg
104 KB, 736x1063
>>341807837
>The affliction on his chest is no disease
Hit me pretty hard
>>
>>341808225
>sigil system forces you to main an offering type rather than have diversity. The sigil system forces combat to be stale.

Git gud. Seriously, there's tons of viable attack builds for every fraction out there. There's never a reason you have to stick to one type of offering.
>>
>>341808128
>Aren't they currently busy with The last guardian and Gravity Rush 2? You'll get your Soul Sacrifice PS4 after that.
Let us pray, anon.

>>341808225
I used
>Spear
>Homing
>Throw
>Dodge/Speed
>Healing
With the fifth a variable.
Mostly used the spear.
>>
>>341808485
It's not about getting good. If you want to do max damage, you gotta pour all you sigils into one offering and then everything else is just support. This really wouldn't be a problem if each offering was shallow in it's attacks. But as it is, each offering only has two attacks, maybe.

You could use different offering, but per quest you only really have one main attacking sigil, and maybe another back-up attack sigil.
>>
>>341808057
>the gameplay is shit
>b-b-b-b-b-but the story is above average!

Nigga, read a book. have you ever read a book in your miserable cunt life? Prolly not, because if you did, you wouldnt be praising the SS story so highly. Its standard grimdark bullshit.
>>
>>341804905

Haven't gotten into GE yet but I'm hyped as fuck for Toukiden 2.
>>
I enjoyed the game. The side character stories were great. The old Jew with a heart one was a good one.
>>
>>341804905
>Censored Eater 2
No
>>
With the recent trend of some Vita games coming to PC do you think there's a chance SS Delta ends up on Steam some day?
>>
>>341808893
>/v/ memes the post
>>
File: freedom-wars-.png (3 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
freedom-wars-.png
3 MB, 1600x900
WHERES THE SEQUEL DIMPS?
FUCKING GOD EATER GOT 3 GAMES, JUST GIVE ME A GODDAMN SEQUEL!
Probably the one game I can honestly say is my GOTYAY, the people who call it grindy wouldn't know grinding if it slapped them across the face
>>
>>341808935
No.
>>
>>341808935
Nope, it was co-developed by Sony and they own the IP
>>
>>341808935
only kusoge weebshit gets ported, so no.

You're not missing anything desu.
>>
>>341808935
No because SSD was from Sony's Studio Japan.

It's as likely as Bloodbourne being ported to PC.
>>
>>341808935
On the same day the Bloodborne port is released.
>>
>>341809016
Dead. The game was so bad, the lead designer quit out of embarassment.

>facebook crafting
>in an actual game
>have to give up your drops fro good boy points.

Nah.
>>
>>341809016
The awful story, terrible rng-heavy mod/crafting systems, and a bunch of other issues kept me from enjoying FW desu

It's definitely a very solid foundation for a sequel to build a fantastic game on though.
>>
>>341809016
I'd honestly love a Freedom Wars: Super Turbo Remix.

It'd be the hypest shit ever. We might actually get those gauntlets that only two NPCs get.
>>
>>341808738

Everything can be reduced to "lol read a book" with that logic.
>>
>>341809039
>>341809112
Oh shit, I was under the impression it was just made by Comcept
>>
>>341809016
It was as grindy as any other Monster Hunter game, really

I was just kind of disappointed by the amount of enemies, 3 of which are just a variation of a single abductor basically
>>
>>341809224
>have to give up your drops fro good boy points.

>He didn't grind retributions for 17.5k whitey points each run at sub minute times.
>>
>>341803148
God Eater is a better Monster Hunter clone than SS, and it's sequel is coming over here
>>
>>341808714
get to lvl 100 then you can create some really good sigils in exchange for being lvl 1 again. And you can keep doing that easily since getting to 100 is easy and fast.
>>
File: 1366489380889.jpg (91 KB, 466x544) Image search: [Google]
1366489380889.jpg
91 KB, 466x544
They gave up on the vita, sure, fine, whatever.

But it really hurts that this game is going to die with it.
>>
>>341809016
It was fucking grinding
>Grinding for parts to use to make weapons
>Its not a late bloomer
>Fuck need more parts
>Get more parts
>Repeat until late bloomer
>THEN there's the fucking waiting and thing with the civilians
>THEN there's the fucking roll to get good traits and shit on your weapons
Nah fuck that, this game needs the Delta treatment. The story was ass and not needed, the variety in monsters was garbage and albeit minor no robotfu voices. Also they didn't even give us gauntlets, I mean come one 2 fucking characters had the bitches. Character creator and clothing system were amazing though, and I did enjoy the combat.
>>
>>341807927
>tfw you will never masturbate with her hand
>>
>>341809793
Good job not understand the post.
>>
>>341809976
That's because whatever you're bitching about is nothing for everyone else since nobody else had the same problem you did. Git gud.
>>
File: 2014-01-05-075343.jpg (122 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2014-01-05-075343.jpg
122 KB, 960x544
Little known fact - Did you like the music in Soul Sacrifice? The composer is the same guy who did the score for Chrono Trigger.
>>
>>341809264
When your gameplay isnt worth a damn, your "game" wouldve been better off as a movie, or book.
>>
>>341810191
Fuck Wraith.
Fuck that cunt.

Seriously.
Only Cait Sith can top her.
>>
>>341810361
>I didn't like it
>so it was shit
I'm sorry you couldn't enjoy a good game, anon.
Truly sorry for your loss.
>>
File: 1451954752332.jpg (18 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
1451954752332.jpg
18 KB, 408x408
>>341810191
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RskCvq9l_Ag

>only Vita owners will ever know how awesome this game was
>an entire team of devs wasted their talents on an abandoned system
>>
File: 432423442.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
432423442.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>341808442
>Ok so this guy is half plant for some reason, that's already pretty weird
>The fuck is this nigger scratching his chest all the time for?
>Oh shit son did he just said he killed his own mother?
>Finally getting to read the rest of his story about how he was raised by a tree-like monster and what it did for him was an act of love and lesson the only way a monster can teach to a human child

I honestly teared up a bit at that point, I'm a sucker for things like that.

One thing I really loved about Soul Sacrifice was how it initially started off with a bleak depressing world but shows that there is still hope and goodness.

The fat jew was one of my favorite characters because of this too.
>>
>>341810167
What part of that post is me having trouble with the game.

Combat is shallow. Sigils do nothing to alleviate the shallowness of combat. The way sigils work, you get bigger boosts the more homogenous your sigils are. So each monster hunt you only have attack offering and maybe another sub weapon. This is because unless you wanna do shit damage by running an unoptimized set, you'll be running all sigils that boost a single offensive offering.

It's not about getting good. It's about how shallow each offering is on it's own and the way sigils work doesn't help this shallowness.

Yes you can have different sets that you can switch up before you go into a hunt. But that doesn't fix the core issue.
>>
>>341803148
this desu
>>
>>341803148
>With the lack of Monster Hunter
Toukidan kiwami Freedom Wars and both god eaters are on Vita/ps4 nintendo only has mh3,4,and gen
>>
File: hey im frank i go on fit lol.jpg (43 KB, 661x363) Image search: [Google]
hey im frank i go on fit lol.jpg
43 KB, 661x363
FRANK COMING THROUGH TO CRASH THIS THREAD
>>
>>341810748
It makes me wonder if the monsters are still relatively "sane" or if they're really just driven by the Greed that the Gods instilled.

Same with the fact that archfiends (not doppelgangers) that weren't sorcerers apparently do gain the ability to cast spells.
Probably just for gameplay purposes, but it's one of those things I wish they elaborated upon.
>>
File: 43243256623.jpg (40 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
43243256623.jpg
40 KB, 480x360
>>341809016
Another prime example of how the Japanese can never stray away from the generic shit.

>World setting was something among the lines of Judge Dredd and Dead Man Wonder Land (Excessive punishment for the most ridiculous and minor actions, plus how the prisoners have to redeem them selves by working for the prison)
>Threw that ALL away for the typical "You are the chosen one and you must save this mysterious girl who is obviously pretty important" schtick
>Cliffhanger Ending with no chance of sequel

I honestly loved the spiderman-with-guns combat it got going on but fuck this game.
>>
>>341809016
They've been releasing new propoganda idol music for the past 2 years, gave it a "the best" budget price release, and Shift and Dimps both have suspiciously light schedules.
>>
>>341810748
The whole game original had biblical tier alegories in it. Never finished Delta since the story into nothing but weeb shit but man. The original version really hits hard in the pit of the stomach. When you find out about Librum (?) and the truth about the mages, that was incredible. I got the bad ending though so that sucked. Now I'm listening to the music again and getting jealous of Sony's talent.

Emotions From A Deceased [PS Vita]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KMpVNiQjM4
>>
>>341808935
Zero chance. Praystation Onry.
>>
>>341811156
This is why monster hunting games need to keep it light on story. SS nailed it,but its so unique I wouldn't call it a clone. I'd rather they just keep it at "You're just a dude who wants to reduce his sentence and not die". Maybe drop some interesting bits of story here and there like stuff about the rival panopticons and On High, but not that chosen one bullshit.
>>
File: 1402367008497.jpg (39 KB, 350x358) Image search: [Google]
1402367008497.jpg
39 KB, 350x358
>>341811035
I think the monsters are "sane". But sane in the sense that they are in no real influence by anything but by their own desires.

The humans and the White Chalice plus the god's influence is like how Griffith and the Behelit from Berserk goes. The "evil" really didn't do anything but simply being there for when the human mind finally reaches it's apex on their desire.
>>
>>341810935
>Toukidan kiwami
The game got stale pretty fast, there wasn't enough monster variety and the story wasn't all that compelling

>Freedom Wars
Gameplay was decent aside from the poor stealth missions, but it had a shit unfinished story and the rng was awful.

>God eater
First one was good but it's a psp game and I haven't played 2 but I have hope.

Also would like to add the 3ds MH games were fucking shit, no idea why but I just couldn't stand playing them.
>>
>>341811603
I'd like it if the MC wasn't the chosen one, but still a special snowflake. Like that one dude who has Will'O connection to RedRage.
>>
>>341811829
Well I guess he'd need something to make him a little interesting. It just tried to do too much in the story department when they should have focused on things like enemy variety or a better crafting system. I'd just rather use parts to make weapons and upgrade them. No bullshit keep it simple.
>>
File: 1452354412041.jpg (221 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1452354412041.jpg
221 KB, 1024x1024
Man, this thread is kind of like a bunch of acquaintances visiting the grave of a mutual friend. Someone who was their best friend at one point, but they never knew the guy's other friends too well

Just huddling up, talking of how great he was, remembering and sharing the good times

And the bad times, as well as what became of everyone due to his death

Thread theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBXmCOX4pT8
>>
>Playing MH4U
>Get knocked down by Rathian
>Rathian tramples on my body infinitely until my hunter stands up and instantly dies
>Play God Eater instead

How many fucking years have they had to fix the retarded AI?
>>
File: 2014-08-19-170638.jpg (127 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2014-08-19-170638.jpg
127 KB, 960x544
>>341812936
literally got the chills. Still remember the feeling I got from parts of the story where that song played. Usually an ominous part where there was some imminent loss.
>>
>>341813390
Can Plesioth still hip check you from half a universe away?
>>
>>341804905
is god eater 2 going to be on vita? I never played the first one but it seemed pretty cool
>>
File: reading is for nerds.jpg (135 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
reading is for nerds.jpg
135 KB, 960x544
>>341813408
Librom was such a cool character, even though I first thought he will be "that annoying comic relief"

>tfw the name at the end of the journal is the "author's" name and not yours
>the author is literally the book
>>
>>341810483
>t-t-t-t-thats just your opinion

And considering the game was a flop, my opion seems to be shared with the general public.

So sorry that I dont eat shit, just because said shit happened to come from Sony's bunghole.
>>
>>341813547
Yes, it's blasphemy to remove that. They made it slightly less wide but it's still there. He's not an enemy in 4U though, just 3U.
>>
>>341810935
Quality>Quantity, kiddo.

Toukiden, Shit Eater, and freedom wars are literal trash.

Infact, freedom wars was so shit that it was releases digital only as a budget title, and even then it didnt sell so they slashed the price even more
>>
>>341813909
Not that anon but everyone and their mother knows it flopped not because of "the general public" but because it a niche genre on a niche platform from a random studio and with a niche theme you can't honestly expect the almighty General Public to even acknowledge it, much less say anything positive (or negative for that matter) about it
>>
>>341813882

Then who's the MC? Isnt he/she the descendant of the woman who founded Sanctuarium?
>>
>>341813882
Was definitely a twist I did not see coming. Too bad Delta ruined everything in favor of catering to weebs and waifus.
>>
>>341813909

Stuttering and green texting wont prove your point. Maybe if you tried harder people will actually take you seriously. Here's a (You) though.
>>
>>341814538
No. Just some poor schmuck. Reading the book had a visceral effect on the reader while in prison. He inherits all the abilities of the true main character from reading then takes on Magusar with the soul of you-know-who absorbed instead of letting him consume him.
>>
>>341814795

Then what was the name tag found in the cell?
>>
>>341814971
Was that part of Delta?
>>
>>341804715
Inafune actually said he's like to get involved with another SS potentially after ReCore, so you never know!
>>
>>341815045

Yes. I believe the name was Ceryx Camlann
>>
>>341814293
Such damage control

>it didnt flop because general public
but it did?

>niche genre
MH is not niche anymore, and had dedicated following on the psp
>niche platform
wasnt niche when SS released
>random studio
Sony japan is now random? kk kiddo
>niche theme
Grimdark is now niche. japs also love westaboo shit.

>>341814647
As opposed to your posts, which provide nothing, and blindly claim a game is good without anything to back up that claim apart from your own little deluded opinion.
>>
>>341814051
>Freedom Wars
>Digital only

Dang, do I have the only physical copy in existence?
>>
>>341815315

Japan Studio is pretty niche though. They take a backseat when it comes to developing games for Sony. Only a few have heard of Patapon or Gravity Rush prior to hyping it up in Gravity Rush 2 since its a PS4 title.

Also MH is pretty niche back 2007-2008, its as mainstream as fighting games, which isnt a lot.
>>
>>341815597
Yeah no one heard of gravity rush before 2 was announced. sure. Not the same guy as the first response, but thats just dumb.
>>
>>341815597
>still trying this hard

Okay kid, you win. SONY JAPAN STUDIO is niche.
Next you'll tell me that Atlus is niche too.

>b-b-b-but monhun was niche in 2007
Yes, and?
Are you retarded? Why are you spouting irrelevant bullshit?
Was SS released in 2007?
>>
>>341815315
Look anon, it's just you trying to defend your opinion of the game not being good, no one here is claiming that it's a masterpiece or that the gameplay are amazing or that even the story is absolutely flawless, it's just good overall for the anons in this thread (apart from you, apparently)

If you want to feel better then believe that you won this imaginary argument and move on
>>
>>341815315

The game has its charm, of being a Hunting type game but without following all the main features of that genre. The story and world building is what gives it its charm because stories in hunting games are usually just excuses or poorly written. The fact that it has all that time focused on developing characters, entries on the smallest detail like enemies and places, as well as history is impressive. Saying its generic grimdark shit is non applicable because name other games developed by Japan that follow the same thing? Souls? What else? And your first argument saying that you might as well just read a book is also equally stupid, mainly because everything else can be reduced to that, and books dont necesarily mean theyre better off since like any other medium, books can also fail in telling stories.

I dont know what your deal is, you obviously dont like the game, so why are you here? You should definitely do something better with your time.

Like yknow, read a book.
>>
>>341815250
Disregarded then. That expansion totally fucked the entire game over. It's best to pretend that it never happened.
>>
>>341813408
The moment "lacrima" came into play I suspected that he was actually crying for some reason and just tried to cover up his misery with wit and sarcasm.
Now that I've beaten the game, I'm certain that this was the case the entire time.

I imagine he was quite a bit different of a person than he wants his reader to believe. He has a habit of following random people and making friends with them. Everyone trusts and loves him even in the total hellhole of a world he lives in. He cries when remembering saving or sacrificing random monsters. Either the decades of solitude have totally fucked him up or he's putting up a front. Probably both.
>>
>>341815784

Atlus is niche too yknow. Whats their number 1 franchise? Persona? Ask your normie gamer what the fuck Persona is and they'll return the question. Fucking Youtube comments are enough proof of this. Unless your name is Squareenix, Kojipro, Capcom or Namco Bandai, youre not a mainstream Jap dev.

Also the point is hunting games have always been niche, even after MH4U. The genre isnt for everyone. You want mainstream? Pokemon is mainstream, Overwatch is mainstream. But hunting? Are you kidding me? Whats next, Guilty Gear is mainstream? Fuck off
>>
File: ohmy.gif (3 MB, 426x426) Image search: [Google]
ohmy.gif
3 MB, 426x426
>random anon tries to start shit for no reason
>gets told by the entire thread
>>
>>341816371
He was definitely a good-hearted guy who missed his dear friend and resented both the fates that he wound up in and the one that awaited his friend. Also I'm sure what happened with Sympatha couldn't have been easy to bear either.
>>
y no ps4 port. Too busy remastering Haze?
>>
>>341804905
Pfhtahahhaahah
>>
File: 1466131517491.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1466131517491.jpg
89 KB, 1280x720
>mfw Sympatha's story
>>
>>341817391
We didn't know too much about her outside of her being an edgelord. We know how the author felt about her though. It was more his story than hers.
>>
>>341816483
>Atlus is niche
>no one knows what persona is
>people know who kojima is

>MH is still niche

wew lad, just wew
>>
>>341817391
>Symmmmpathaaaa
Damn I love his voice. I think I need to replay the game again.
>>
File: soulsachs03.jpg (150 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
soulsachs03.jpg
150 KB, 960x544
>>341817781
>Sympatha
>edgelord

I think you might be thinking of someone else.
>>
File: 23048305.png (12 KB, 168x87) Image search: [Google]
23048305.png
12 KB, 168x87
>The Pied Piper of Hamelin

Save every single one, every single time.
>>
File: wojakcry.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
wojakcry.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
>tfw trying to save Sortiara like 10 times
>>
>>341817982
The author was the only person she treated like that. Originally, if you remember, she only talked about killing him when the time came.

Also I'm pretty sure you posted something from Delta. That was weebshit and it turned all the females in anime trash.
>>
>>341817868

Go to the comments section of Persona 5 trailer and there will be people what kind of game it is. Persona is niche as fuck, if it were mainstream it wouldve been featured in Honest Game Trailers or Conan or similar shit.

And yes, Kojima is pretty mainstream as far as devs go
>>
File: 1380440612807.png (3 KB, 251x249) Image search: [Google]
1380440612807.png
3 KB, 251x249
>>341818205
I did this. I finally gave up when I noticed her dialogue was looping.

tfw saved Librom twice before the repeating dialogue told me it was time to let go

>>341818329
Son I'm pretty sure you're thinking of Sortiara. Sympatha is an incorruptible pure pureness at the head of the Sanctuarium. Total different person.
>>
>>341818509
Shit. You're right. It was Sortiara.

But wasn't Symnpatha part of Delta anyway? The point still stands.
>>
File: PS4 Vita.jpg (788 KB, 2880x1080) Image search: [Google]
PS4 Vita.jpg
788 KB, 2880x1080
>>341803148
Toukiden 2 next month tho
>>
>>341818665
Any updates on a Western release for that yet? KT didn't mention it during their entire E3 stream.
>>
File: Demon Hand.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Demon Hand.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>341818738
There was never a plan. Probably in the future of they are going the localize only the kiwami version route.
>>
>>341818918
Toukiden got a western release as did Kiwami, 3 times (Vita, PS4, PC). It will come to the west sooner than later.
>>
File: Toukiden-2_06-02-16_005.jpg (149 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
Toukiden-2_06-02-16_005.jpg
149 KB, 600x480
>>341819160
Yeah but they can change their mind
>>
>>341819280
Guess it depends how it does in japan.
Worse case it will be digital only.
>>
>>341819280
Doubtful.
>>
>>341819520
>>341819528
Just stating one of the possibilities since it hasn't been announced yet. Some people don't like the idea that 3 months after they buy a localized game an expansion version is announced in Japan.
>>
>>341818665
I played Kiwami. Wasn't really that interested in it. Very boring to me, honestly. The monsters can tank your hits like nobody's business and just hammer you into the ground before you could even get out of the combo. And not to mentioned how absurd "purifying" body parts was. It doesn't even effect the monster's attacks. Get rid of their arm and they can still punch with some bullshit phantom arm that still does normal damage.
>>
>>341819798
Removing the wings of a flying enemy also removes their ability to fly.
Removing the legs of a dexterity enemy causes it to trip.

You are wrong.
>>
File: Toukiden-2_2016_02-04-16_034.jpg (461 KB, 800x1131) Image search: [Google]
Toukiden-2_2016_02-04-16_034.jpg
461 KB, 800x1131
>>341819798
In Toukiden 2 you can really cripple a monster now but takes your whole kiwami gauge or whatever they call it. You see it here >>341818918 during the last slamming attack. That takes away the leg and the monster has to crawl for the remaining duration of the fight which unlocks a different moveset for it.
>>
>>341818665
Toukiden laid out the groundwork for something cool but at the end of the day it was just sort of an okay timesink. Definitely my least favorite of the "hunting" games I've played. I felt like the monsters just stood around with their thumbs up their asses for far too long and far too often, while the stagger limits were so high it felt like I was barely inconveniencing it even as the monster's HP was plummeting. They tried to make a story but it failed to turn out into anything memorable.

Here's hoping the open world of Toukiden 2 will help make it its own unique thing with its own merits.

>>341820059
That sounds cool, monsters having phantom body parts contributed hard to that feeling of my attacks having little effect.
>>
File: 1396206244610.jpg (112 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
1396206244610.jpg
112 KB, 960x544
I hope for more SS.
>>
You mean like soul sacrifice delta... Also Sony abandoned vita. I don't blame them, from what i learned on /v/ sony ponies disregard everygame on more than one platform, and it's hard to sustain on just PS vita.
>>
>>341820763
The phantom body parts originally was the whole gimmick of killing the monsters, which really amazed me back then. You need to expose at least one phantom limb to damage the true HP. That is very unique.
>>
>>341821275
I wonder why didn't just port Delta to the PS4.

>>341820059
As nice as that sounds, I'm still cautious of this game. Plus, the whole open world thing isn't a selling point to me, and I haven't seen anything that makes me feel like they're doing it any justice.
>>
>>341821826
See
>>341821275
>Sony ponies disregars everygame on more than one platform
Its all "le EXCLUSIVES XDD"
>>
>>341821826
You can play the JP demo. The open world thing felt like something they did not to innovate or anything, but because they can. Avoiding free roaming large monsters and helping random AI slayers on the field is pretty cool though.
>>
>>341821658
Yea, but it's just dumb. Detroy an arm, but the monster can still attack with that arm, only now it's see-through and kinda glows. What an "amazing" experience.
Plus, having to even do that just isn't very satisfying. It takes a while to "purify" the part, meanwhile the monster has free reign to do whatever it wants, which usually will be to sit there and stare at you, because the AI is garbage.
>>
>>341821658
I agree that it's a neat idea but you always want to target parts for drops anyway so it didn't change how I played in the least. It just made it easier to ensure I broke everything before the monster died.
>>
>>341822220
>>341822250
In my experience soloing, purifying is a pain because the monster is attacking you attacking you and purifying solo will take forever. That makes you destroy as less limbs as possible and focus on one or two to dish out the best DPS. But of course soloing is not all that balanced in the game and tends to really be hard. But bringing a full 4 man party is a joke.
>>
>tfw no SS2
shit man this game even convinced my brother to get a vita

also best song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4PABl-OUKg
>>
>>341811156
>stand around for 10 seconds and get 100 years added to your sentence

i honestly think i spent a good chunk of time just seeing what i could get in trouble for
>>
>>341811809
the low resolution for the 3ds MH games made my eyes hurt everything looked so blurry
>>
I own this game, Freedom Wars, and SSD, but have a grand total of 0 hours played of any of them. Monster Hunter knockoffs do nothing for me, to this day the only games I own on 3DS are MH3U, MH4U, and soon to be MHGen.

I hate to say it, but just like how anything sold as a "WoW-killer" fails horribly, anything sold as a Monster Hunter substitute generally falls under the radar pretty quickly. Kind of a shame because I hear good things about SSD.
>>
>>341824789
why the fuck did you buy them if you wont play them
>>
>>341824789
I'm a huge MH fan but I think SSD is worth it for the story and lore. I don't recall SSD ever trying to topple MH, either. It's different enough that it is very much its own experience.

Try it before you mark it down as a MH clone. You already own it, after all.
>>
>>341824914
Flash Sales get me every time, when I see games for something I have no games for 3$-7$ I impulse buy that shit.

>>341825113
Might just do that anon.
>>
>>341803148
Sony decided that God Eater is more worth their time than Soul Sacrifice.
>>
File: accurate comparison.jpg (160 KB, 1279x524) Image search: [Google]
accurate comparison.jpg
160 KB, 1279x524
>>341825525
GE3 never ;_;
>>
>>341825809
I enjoy MH and GE equally, tbqh

I like how GE is more story focused than MH but I enjoy MH's raw gameplay more. Looking way more forward to GE2 than MHG though.
>>
File: 014.jpg (313 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
014.jpg
313 KB, 1920x1080
>>341825962
GE2 is ancient though. We're all waiting for GE3.
>>
>>341826063
GE3 will probably come eventually.

How much of GE2's story is related to 1's outside of returning characters? I can't remember shit about GE1.
>>
File: 53a28228d4996.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1430) Image search: [Google]
53a28228d4996.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1430
>>341826372
Almost nothing. GE2 is mostly all about the artificial soldiers and their own characters while GE1 is about the utopia project. The old characters come back in the epilogue with the exception of Alisa and Kouta.
>>
Oooh I fucked up a spoiler, allow me to kill myself and try again.

>>341818664
No, if I remember correctly she was added in an update to the original.

In Delta you learn a bunch more shit about her and Sanctuarium and about how Sympatha is the player characters grandmother, if I remember correctly.
Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.