[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it valid skipping MGS4, PW and MGR:R? will I lose much information
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (240 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
240 KB, 1920x1080
is it valid skipping MGS4, PW and MGR:R?

will I lose much information considering I played MGS 1, 2 and 3?
>>
>>341800738
Yes, play 4, PW (cause it's a great game), watch GZ on youtube, play 5.
>>
>>341800738

Play MGR It's fucking amazing
>>
>>341801213
>>341801123
will it be ok if I come back later for the three I skipped?
will I get too many spoilers?
>>
Peace Walker is a direct sequel to 3, and Ground Zero's/V is a direct sequel to Peace Walker. To understand what's going on, and who a bunch of the characters are, you need to play it.
>>
>>341801712

MGR doesn't really spoil anything and can be played as it's own game

I'd still say play 4 just so you know a bit about raiden
>>
>>341801123
>Piss Wanker
>the game that ruined the entire MGS series
>a great game
No.
I bet it was your first MGS game right?
>>
>>341800738
play 4 you fucking faggot, then play PW and play Rising if you want to but it's completely different

then play GZ and fucking stop, TPP a shit
>>
>>341800738
don't play TPP and PW, they are the worst games in the entire franchise
>>
>>341802229

This.
>>
>>341800738
Buy the HD collection and play PW there. Its bretty good and i dont know why people piss on it as the worst game Its probably because of the fact that its the most ridiculous entry in the mainline games.
>>
>>341802229
>spin off
>ruined the series
>which ended with the next installment anyway
how?
>>
>>341803629

>Spin off

It's canon and necessary to understand the story of Big Boss, who was supposed to be a legendary mythical character that no one knew much about.

Kojima ran that idea and character into the ground with some terrible writing.

MGS at one point had an interesting, mysterious story. Portable ops and Peace Walker is the start of it's decline.
>>
>>341803839
>who was supposed to be a legendary mythical character that no one knew much about

MGS3 ruined that then
>>
>>341800738

No that is not valid you fucking retard.

MGS5 is literally only about those three games, MGS1-3 are irrelevant to its plot.

If you play 5 without having played PW and GZ in particular you will have no fucking idea what's going on or why you should care about ANY of the characters in the game.
>>
If you're going to skip anything skip 5, since it's completely forgettable and unfinished.
>>
>>341800738
Don't know. I've played 3 some of PW then GZ and 5
Is 4 worth a play?
>>
>>341804037

Not really. You don't learn much about Big Boss in that game. You see why he's a legend and get to find out where his downfall begins.

The sequels to MGS3 muck everything up and over explain pretty much everything that made the idea of Big Boss interesting.

The idea that one man is a legendary soldier that was preserved in the form of cloning is so much more interesting than everything you see in the sequels.
>>
>>341803023
It was the gateway to newfags into the series, the cancerous kind among other flaws.
>meme spewing (le fiddlez player xD), waifu/husbandufaggots (Paz/Kaz), dont give a shit at all about the story (wtf is miller?)
>the objectively worst gameplay in all the metal gear games (braindead AI, extremely linear and tiny levels with tons of backtracking, pathetic excuses for "boss fights", a series known for having amazing boss fights)
>the most forgettable and worthless set of characters, so forgettable that Kojima tortures/kills all of them off in MGSV
>the stupidest story for a mgs game, and thats really fucking saying something
>butchers already established characters, especially The Boss and Big Boss
>does nothing original, copies everything from the superior Portable Ops that did literally everything better
>>
Just play PW before ground zeroes or you'll be mostly lost, since it's a direct sequel to that game and pretty much to nothing else in the series.
The tactical espionage operations games (mgspw, mgsv:gz and mgsv:tpp) are pretty much a trilogy on their own
>>
>>341800738
4 has bar none the best controls of the series, I redolent l recommend you play it at least once.
>>
>>341804601

This guy gets it. Sounds like pretty much any fan that has been playing for years and seen the series turn to shit.

Proof lies with Konami giving Kojima the boot.
>>
>>341804601
you never played it
>It was the gateway to newfags into the series, the cancerous kind among other flaws.
>meme spewing (le fiddlez player xD),
that's a scene in mgsv
>waifu/husbandufaggots (Paz/Kaz),
people will do that for whatever game
>dont give a shit at all about the story (wtf is miller?)
the game is bad becayse of the fanbase
>the objectively worst gameplay in all the metal gear games (braindead AI, extremely linear and tiny levels with tons of backtracking, pathetic excuses for "boss fights", a series known for having amazing boss fights)
For a portable game it actually pushed the boundaries a lot at the time, but you probably didn't even know it was a psp game originally
>the most forgettable and worthless set of characters, so forgettable that Kojima tortures/kills all of them off in MGSV
>>the stupidest story for a mgs game, and thats really fucking saying something
I agree
>butchers already established characters, especially The Boss and Big Boss
the game does nothing but hammer the same points as mgs3
>does nothing original, copies everything from the superior Portable Ops that did literally everything better
portable ops was even worse and you never played that either
good job on fitting in on an anonymous malaysian finger painting imageboard though
>>
>>341805038
>You never played it.
>Proceeds to validate several points suggesting I did in fact played it.
Please refrain from being retarded.
There was a "Played like a X" part in PW, Big Boss says piano instead. Only in GZ did it really catch on.
As for the sentences not referring to the fanbase, you've failed to provide any points at all. What was the point of your entire post aside from being a complete waste of time just like PW?
>>
Finish 4 and you completed the real MGS (1-4).

Everything after is basically DLC
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.