[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just saw gameplay of this ( https://www.youtube.com/wat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: fucking ugh.jpg (189 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fucking ugh.jpg
189 KB, 1920x1080
So I just saw gameplay of this ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8tvH8e84ew ) and it's worse than I could have imagined.

Running and gunning and ACCURATELY HIPFIRING a Lewis gun? It's a LIGHT machine gun, not a SUBmachine gun.

Cei Rigotti? What the fuck? An Italian semiautomatic? I'd never heard of this gun so I looked it up. It was designed but never even fucking adopted by any military. Why the fuck is it in the game? Oh yeah, because Battlefield players are too casual to understand a gun that isn't automatic or semi automatic.

French forces are going to be DLC? And AMERICAN forces are fucking in the base game? You have Americans and not fucking French? This is fucking World War I. There were almost 6,000,000 French causalities in the First World War. Almost the whole western front was IN FRANCE. The French saw some of the first battles of the war.
On the flipside there were 320,000 American casualties and they joined in the second to last year of the war.
And don't get me fucking started on no Russian forces.

Most egregious of all: what the fuck is that flag doing there? The white with the black nordic cross charged with the tricolor and iron cross in the canton? That is not the fucking flag of the German Empire. THAT IS THE FUCKING NAVAL ENSIGN. WHY IS IT REPRESENTING THE GERMAN EMPIRE IN A NON-NAVAL SETTING?
>>
File: 1442845040012.jpg (207 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1442845040012.jpg
207 KB, 1280x720
Calm your croissaints, Jean-Pierre, it's just a game. Looks like fun btw.
>>
File: trench warfare.jpg (685 KB, 3000x1912) Image search: [Google]
trench warfare.jpg
685 KB, 3000x1912
>>341797946
Looks like every fucking Battlefield game. Like every goddamn FPS. The First World War was different. And I'm not even talking about trench warfare--the footage I've seen wasn't in the west and the WWI flavor of trench warfare everyone predicts (pic related--it mostly consisted of waiting in a hole and being shelled, 70% of causalities in the war were from artillery). The conflict was different and it is NOT suited to Battlefield gameplay.
>>
>>341797548
What the hell did the frogs do to Sweden?
>>
>>341797548
To be fair, Russia had pulled out by the point Battlefield one takes place.
>>
>>341798765
The only conflict I know of in which the Swedish and French have been on opposite sides are the Napoleonic Wars. Unless you count like Viking shit but that was mostly Norwegians. So I dunno.
>>
>>341799021
Was not aware it took place at a specific point in the war. That's fair. That makes sense since Americans are present. I just assumed the game was anachronistically in the war.
>>
>>341797946
weebs are a fucking plague in the battlefield community.

I don't understand why weebs even like battlefield.
>>
>>341799140
That's how they ended up with all the light machine guns and advanced planes and what not. Really, they should have just stuck this game in WWII if they wanted a fast paced action game. WWI seems better suited in tone and technology to a slower game.
>>
>>341798668
Well guess what, they made it into a battlefield game

go cry into a history book m8
>>
>>341799704
Even still, when they were in use, the submachine guns of the day like MP18's and BARs saw very limited action.

I agree completely. They just wanted a new setting that's never been explored (bar Verdun which I adore) but didn't actually want to change the gameplay because that would require changing their precious formula and risk confusing people, so they stuck it in the latest possible point of the war and just changed shit to make it fit.

>>341800087
Maybe I will!
>>
File: lainbear.png (2 MB, 1512x1072) Image search: [Google]
lainbear.png
2 MB, 1512x1072
>>341800195
You know I actually sorta like the direction CoD is going in because it feels more honest. If you're gonna do an arcadey fast paced game with whiz bang guns then set it in an appropriate setting.

Having a trailer for a WWI game with fucking dubstep over it is insulting.
>>
>>341797548
listen u dact cunt if it was as accurate as WW1 it would be boring and shit
>>
The fact you didn't expect this and put so much effort into your post as if it's anything to be surprised about says a lot. Mostly that you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>341801184
>Having a trailer for a WWI game with fucking dubstep over it
What the fuck dude, link?
>>
>>341801184
I absolutely could not agree more. Especially when they purport to be historically accurate. A lot of people know about history through popular media and a representation of the first world war in this manner is going to spread misinformation and is completely disrespectful to the millions of dead in this horrible conflict.

>>341801617
No video game in war is ever ACCURATE. The details about guns and flags and stuff like that can be (which they aren't at all in this case), but the gameplay never will. A REAL accurate game would be mostly marching and cleaning your rifle. My point is that a game should be RESPECTFUL to history. Play Verdun for what I am talking about. No, playing it will not give you an "accurate" picture of trench life, but it is COMPLETELY respectful.

>>341801980
>stop being angry about video games on /v/
lol ok
also I know anything with more than a couple sentences can be intimidating for retards like you but it doesn't take that much effort
>>
>>341802069
It was a dub remix of seven nation army
>>
>>341797548
Game looks good. If I wanted a realistic WW1 game I'd rather get the people behind Red Orchestra to do it.

They put enough imagination not to make the situation stale, or else it would of been fucking Trench warfare duck and scoot the game with minecraft style hole building.
>>
>>341797548
This game already has empowered wymen and niggers, might as well go full retard.
>>
I'll probably get it, but I have a feeling this will be treated as another spinoff and people will just go back to BF4 again. Unless we really start seeing World Warish stuff like battlships. I know it's not WWII, but they could still cherrypick some of the more interesting conflicts. The zeppelin ain't an excuse to exclude all that.
>>
>>341806195
Battleships never really fought other battleships on a large scale in WWI (with the big exception of the Battle of Jutland). Most naval warfare involved German U-boats, which could also be interesting but not really competitive. Like I know asymmetrical gameplay is in vogue nowadays but merchant ship vs submarine doesn't seem too fun
>>
>>341806441
A Q-Ship versus U-Boat game would be the tits.
>>
>>341797946
This. Can't wait to play it desu.
>>
please don't buy this game or watchdogs2

i've already told all my friends not to
>>
The best part OP...the German medic is black!
>>
>>341797548
why can't you hipfire a heavy gun with less recoil instead of a light SMG that bounces around everyplace?
>>
>>341804142
The problem is the authenticity of the game.

Majority of the classes in-game are either semiautomatic or automatic. Americans having a big role in the game is stupid because they contributed little to the war itself.

I'm fine with WWI having Battlefield-style gameplay, but at least try to make the game similar to WWI.

https://youtu.be/19hohCtdJ4Y
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.