[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went so right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: A-Link-Between-Worlds-Box-Art.jpg (2 MB, 1863x1697) Image search: [Google]
A-Link-Between-Worlds-Box-Art.jpg
2 MB, 1863x1697
What went so right?
>>
They rehashed the second best zelda game and kept gimmicks at a minimum
>>
>>341790959
It was easy.
Naturally, /v/ ate it up.
>>
The input felt good and super responsive
The game ran very smooth at 60fps
>>
They remade the fourth best zelda game and lessened the number of gimmicks
>>
>>341791224
Epic
>>
>>341790959
Nothing, it was boring.
>>
>>341791574
t. Sonypony
>>
The music, for one.
>>
Not much.
>>
>>341792719
>>341792037
>>
It all worked

.>interesting characters

.>fun gameplay

>nice music

>decent dungeons

>decent bosses

>etc
>>
File: 133893381969.jpg (28 KB, 499x453) Image search: [Google]
133893381969.jpg
28 KB, 499x453
>>341790959
Made sequel to one of the best 2D Zelda games

Always 60 FPS

Fantastic OST, one of the best in Zelda and 3DS in general

Lots of dungeons

Tackle the game in any order you want

Tight, responsive controls and fun gameplay mechanic/gimmick

Lots of little sidequests/activities that give you actually meaningful rewards that enhance the game

Well polished with little to no bugs

So why is it so hated amongst /v/? I'd rank it in my top 3 Zeldas, behind Majora's Mask and Link's Awakening
>>
>>341792037
Original, bro.
>>
Getting rid of the difficulty curve; that thing was terrible. Who needs pacing and well designed levels when you can do boring ones in ANY ORDER?
>>
>>341790959
It was a great game on paper, great dungeons, art direction and really took notes from my favorite Zelda ALTP, but the combat difficulty and puzzle/dungeon crawling was embarrassingly difficult. What's the point of playing a zelda game if all the newer ones just literally hold your hand for the entirety of the game. The only thing that was kinda hard was the tournament room with 100 floors, but other than that it was completely brain dead.

It's a solid 6/10, it could've been 8 if the game was harder and puzzles actually were puzzles instead of match an item here and press a switch.

It's weird to describe it this way but it's the shittiest but good Zelda title. But art direction and throwbacks to a link to the past couldn't save it.
>>
>>341791151
>>
>>341793609
embarrassingly easy*
>>
All these pathetic contrarians trying their hardest to fit in
>>
>>341793478
It's loved by everyone, therefore /v/ hates it
>>
>>341793478
The fuck you on about? /v/ loves the game
>>
I liked the game, but hated the rental system.

I felt that because of it, and the ability to tackle the dungeons in any order, it made the dungeons themselves simple, which is a shame since some of them had nice designs.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.