[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was anyone really happy with Sony's showing at E3? Let's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6
Was anyone really happy with Sony's showing at E3?

Let's have a little recap, shall we

>God of War
Visually impressive, looks nice and all, but why did they give God of War the Last of Us treatment? I strongly hope there is more to this game than what we've seen so far, gameplay-wise, because this is not God of War

>Days Gone
Absolutely awful. Another uninspired "mow down endless zombies" game, not even worth talking about that's how bad it is

>Last Guardian
People don't want to hear this because it's this thing they wanted for years, but man.. it did not look very impressive at all

>Horizon Zero Dawn
Looks pretty good, some interesting gameplay. Would like to see more of this.

>Detroit
Cmon, this is a straight up movie

>RE7
Might be decent, will have to see

>Various VR titles such as FFXV VR, Batman VR, Playstation VR
Who cares about VR, call me in 5 years when it's not just a gimmick

>Call of Duty
Not sure what this has to do with Sony, but it looked like another CoD. Just in space. What can I say

>Crash Bandicoot... in Skylanders
lol

>Spiderman
Could be nice, but we haven't seen shit on it

>Death Stranding
Completely pretentious meme "game" from Kojima, what a joke. Haven't seen a thing about it but people praise it just because of the creator, get real

So really, that was it. Is it THAT exciting? At best it has Horizon and RE7 and maybe Last Guardian if it turns out good, as well as God of War which is another gigantic "IF" because all signs point at TLOU v2

How high would you have to be to think this is an amazing lineup? Keep in mind that many of these games will end up on PC as well.
>>
I'm slightly optimistic about Horizon. Obviously it could easily be shit. Not like the devs have a good track record. Fuck the rest of that VR movies shit they trotted out there.
>>
>>341788668
Remind me again what the Horizon devs did before this
>>
The only decent thing they showed was horizon. The rest was garbage. Especially Kojima shilling a game that's likely out in 2019. You know how much changes in 3.5 years? We'll be seeing the ps5 by then
>>
>>341788902
Really, it's 2019?
Jesus christ
>>
>>341788427
Crow gave the biggest reactions to Crash Remakes

Says a lot about sony's games currently
>>
>>341789085
>Crow

I mean Crowd
>>
1/10, this is the type of thread that either gets 5 replies or 400+
>>
>>341788792
http://www.gamefaqs.com/company/72509-guerrilla

I believe they've been owned by Sony for a while.
>>
I don't know why we didn't see a new FF7R trailer. They could have also shown Dragon Quest Builders, since Minecraft is popular in the west. I personally would have loved to see more of Gravity Rush 2.

Sony's E3 just seemed lame.
>>
>>341788427
Don't quite understand why you're so bothered that people enjoyed Sony's E3.
>>
>>341789650
I want to know why people act as if Sony had an amazing e3

Because I don't see it. And for all I know /v/ didn't use to be in love with cinematic experiences.
>>
Horizon is just another open world meme game with a fucking ugly bitch.

>Walk along horizontally plane grasslands with uninspiring design
>Kill some monsters
>Talk to NPC
>Watch cutscene
>"Please kill more monsters"

etc etc etc.
>>
>>341789729
is it really going to change your opinion if someone told you their reason? or vice-versa?
>>
the divide between /v/ and the rest of the internet grows larger

I don't give a shit about a single game sony showed at their press conference
>>
>>341789898
Depends on whether they can elaborate on what they thought made the trailers for things like God of War, CoD or Detroit or what have you so amazing.

Let's just take God of War.

The way I saw it, it was completely different from what I had expected a new GoW game to be. To me, it seemed to have been given the "TLoU treatment".

Extremely cutscene heavy gameplay and press X to awesome. Those are not good things in my book, but I reckon other people see it differently?
>>
CRASH BANDICOOT REMAKES
>>
>>341790094
I actually think the gap is closing.

If anything, there are now more "normies" on /v/ than ever before.
>>
I was impressed Sony.

They showcased their games not by having a developer come up on stage and telling us why we should be excited. But by showing trailers and gameplay. They didn't treat like idiots and let everyone judge for themselves what's appealing.

I respect that. And I wish every E3 press conference could be like what they did.
>>
File: 1VJD9Tr.jpg (66 KB, 1222x917) Image search: [Google]
1VJD9Tr.jpg
66 KB, 1222x917
>>341788427
>Days gone
>Bad

Really? It was a pretty good demo and the horde was pretty well done. Obviously, some flaw :
- The zombie are very easy to kill, one bullet to the leg/bodyshot and they fall like water
- Infinite bullet? Bugged zombie that don't attack you?
>>
>>341788427
>do people really like things I don't like?

Gee I wonder. Also nice job leaving out P5, Nier and Star Ocean.
>>
>>341791897
Pretty sure none of those were shown in the sony conference
>>
>>341789036

That's assuming he keeps on schedule and doesn't delay it.
>>
File: 2.jpg (48 KB, 585x399) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
48 KB, 585x399
>Was anyone really excited with Sonys conference?
>let me list my personal opinion and tell you all why you're wrong for being excited

That's all these threads are. They literally serve no purpose other than to create shitposts.
>>
>>341792220
This.
>>
>>341792220
Then tell me why you are excited for those games.

Can you even tell me that?
>>
Sony did this last year aswell.

It's just pandering, Death Stranding has barely begun development but Sony just showed it because it's Kojima. They're gotten very good at preaching to the choir. You just kind of have to enjoy the ride and not try to think about it too much.

I think they had the best show, emphasis on show here. What Microsoft is trying to do with Xbox is actually waaay more groundbreaking but it doesn't make much of a show.
>>
They blew their load last year.
>>
File: 1204102040421.jpg (3 MB, 2616x4888) Image search: [Google]
1204102040421.jpg
3 MB, 2616x4888
>>341792408

1. I love God of War and this one (while too linear like most god of War openings) has the potential to be great
2. Open world Last of Us (I enjoyed Last of Us despite it being overrated)
3. Gravity Rush 2 (unique game and I loved the original)
4. The Last Guardian (I loved all Team Ico games, this one looks to be no different)
5. Kojimbo exclusive looks interesting but I haven't seen much. It did was it was intended to do, get me interested
6. Detroit isn't my thing but people who liked Heavy Rain would probably be hyped
7. Re7 looked great (not exclusive to PS4 btw, so you can pretend to like it now)
8. Horizon Zero Dawn - Gameplay looked fantastic, setting is as unique as it gets and it just looked like an all round fun as fuck game
9. Spiderman looked great (Insomniac claimed that it was all in game footage with no QTEs) and Insomniac are as consistent as developers come
10. Nier 2 looks fucking amazing. Platinum gameplay with Nier 1 writing? Goty confirmed

Now's the part where you tell me my opinion is wrong.
>>
>>341788427
I wasn't happy with any e3 conference this year. Sony was only slightly better than the others.
>>
>>341793036
Nah, that sounds fair enough. At least you agree that right now we're both just hoping for God of War to be good. The potential is there, but so far it didn't look impressive.
>>
>>341792050
Were you even watching the end trailers?
>>
>>341793214

>expect a shitpost
>actually get a reasonable response

Color me surprised and I agree. GoW looked far too linear but I hope it opens up more like past GoW games
>>
>>341793546
You're a bit more hyped for some of the games than I am from what I can tell, but I can't say I completely disagree with anything you said really.

Other than that I really think Days Gone is total trash in every aspect, but if you're into it that's your thing of course.

Definitely looking forward to Nier as well.
>>
>God of War
I agree with your point on this op. it's simply not a god of war game. it just follows the trends of other popular dames of the gen.

>Days Gone
>Absolutely awful. Another uninspired "mow down endless zombies" game, not even worth talking about that's how bad it is

Agreed. Who needs more open world shit and more zombie shit. These are all just fads and memes of this gen that need to end already.

>Last Guardian
>People don't want to hear this because it's this thing they wanted for years, but man.. it did not look very impressive at all
I disagree. This was one of the only things I liked. Yes it looks like a ps3 game - but that's fine because the game will probably be good. I don't believe that one article

>Horizon Zero Dawn
>Looks pretty good, some interesting gameplay. Would like to see more of this.

I'm lukewarm on this. Some gameplay mechanics seem all right but the graphics arent artistically interesting. The characters are ugly and goofy looking. And the dialogue wheel seems stupid

>Detroit
>Cmon, this is a straight up movie

Agreed. It's shit. Not a game. Should be in a theater.

>RE7
>Might be decent, will have to see
Demo was lame and boring.

>Various VR titles such as FFXV VR, Batman VR, Playstation VR
>Who cares about VR, call me in 5 years when it's not just a gimmick
Agreed

>Call of Duty
>Not sure what this has to do with Sony, but it looked like another CoD. Just in space. What can I say
I usually hate CoD shit. But damn Infinite warfare look pretty dame cool. I thought it could've been Mass Effect on roids. I'll be following it.

>Crash Bandicoot... in Skylanders
>lol

Sony should be castrated for doing this.

>Spiderman
Could be nice, but we haven't seen shit on it

Basically this. It was a non presentation. We won't see shit on this game for a while

>Death Stranding
Completely pretentious meme "game" from Kojima, what a joke. Haven't seen a thing about it but people praise it just because of the creator, get real

Agreed
>>
>>341793879
Since you say you hate all open world shit I assume you hated Zelda BotW too?
>>
>>341789616
Sony seems to think E3 is only for western type games

>>341791897
2 second clips don't count anon
>>
>>341794385

I hate open world shit when it's empty or forced.

And keep in mind, I've hated every zelda since WW.

BUT...BotW really seemed to take good advantage of the open world concept. Hidden things to discover, physics play, alternate ways to take down enemies, hidden dungeons, snowboarding, mountain climbing....It just has so much others don't.

I'm still cautious about it - but it was a great showing. And to say it didn't completely blow the fuck out the competition would be a lie.
>>
>>341795148
Nice, I quite like your opinions
>>
>>341795148
There was not hidden things to discover. The was 2 shrines and a shitload of random enemy camps. Any chest that was hidden had nothing rewarding in it.
>>
>>341791897
was NieR showed at all?
All I saw was some artwork
>>
>>341796063
not in sony's show but in its own thing
>>
>>341788427
I'm only hyped for Horizon and extremely disappointed with the direction they took with GoW.

But yeah Horizon looks pretty good.
>>
>>341793879
the new cod is just cod in space
>>
>>341796614
They're basically giving the first place to EA with this silly move.
>>
Lots of exclusives are finally coming out now is the time to buy. I think I"ll be happy with a ps4/PC combo
>>
>>341796839
>out now

which? what games are out in the next ~2 months?
>>
>>341796946
Last Guardian/FF15/Star Ocean V/Gravity Rush 2 will all be out soon.
>>
>>341797130
I thought FF15 is autumn or early winter
>>
>>341797417
I thinks it's out in 3 months
>>
>>341788427
>Who cares about VR, call me in 5 years when it's not just a gimmick
Don't be retarded, please. It will never not be a gimmick.
>>
>>341797678
Well that's not true. Eventually it'll no doubt be great, we're just still a good distance away from that
>>
Everyone had a piss-poor showing this year.

Sony cut out all the bullshit and stuck to the games.

For that, they won E3.
>>
>>341797778
If you think that sci-fi tech of connecting your whole brain directly to a computer is achievable, then sure, I guess. It won't be any time soon, though. I doubt we'd even live enough to see that happening. Until then, it's just a gimmick nobody cares about.
>>
File: 1368068410704.jpg (101 KB, 1208x721) Image search: [Google]
1368068410704.jpg
101 KB, 1208x721
>>341797802
>Sony cut out all the bullshit and stuck to the games
>tons of those "games" were movies or VR
>barely any gameplay shown
>>
>>341791732
It was all just scripted, dude. The zombies never caught up unless he was looking right at them and holding still, he didn't actually kill as many zombies as we saw, and even when they did catch up they didn't actually attack him. It was just another god damned post apocalyptic zombie shooter with a focus on story telling. Fuck, THIS is the modern day ET.
>>
>>341798228
>I don't like them so they're not games.
>>
>>341798427
>I swear Detroit is totally a game man it has all this... gameplay and stuff
>>
>>341798496
>I don't like them so they're not games
>>
>>341798678
>>>/neogaf/
>>
>>341798904
Keep on memeing.
>>
>>341799165
You're the memer, movieman
/v/ is not for you
>>
>>341788427
That's my view almost exactly, except I do think that Last Guardian will be nice. Not great, but nice. With luck, Spidey will be good, too.

Also, after seeing Zelda (here come the Nintendrone comments) Horizon sort of... fell off for me. It looks better, and has a more unique setting than Zelda, sure. But honestly, it looks like Zelda simply has more going for it and more to do. In 1% of the game we have seen more than anything Horizon has shown, mechanically and content-wise. I'm still keeping my eye on Horizon, but it will need to step it up if it doesn't want to be forgotten as another Skyrim chaser.

>>341793036
That picture is bullshit in pretty much every regard. It counts 2 second clips for Sony, doesn't have half the games Nintendo showed (even if only 3-4 looks fun), and even has one game that Nintendo released earlier in the year and wasn't mentioned at this E3. As for your opinions... Well, I can't judge, but I don't agree on several accounts, especially Days Gone, Ruined God of War, and Kojima's arthouse movie.
>>
>>341799421
>I don't like them so they're not games

Your memes end here.
>>
>>341788427
LOL look at the microshitter. Enjoy your new controller while I play awesome new games.
>>
>>341793036
>>341791897
>>341793442
Oh, man, show me where in the conference they showed a trailers for FFVII remake, Nier, and Gravity Rush 2 in the conference! I must have missed those.
>>
>>341799507
>>341798678
>>341798427
What's wrong with you?

>>341798228
>>341798496
>>341798904
>>341799421
And you, for that matter? Stop responding to him.
>>
I know VR is the new 3D in terms of shilling, but is it actually any good?
>>
>>341799832
What is wrong with you? Stop responding to them
>>
>>341800006
What is wrong with you? Stop responding to xir.
>>
File: mhs.jpg (9 KB, 269x187) Image search: [Google]
mhs.jpg
9 KB, 269x187
>>341788427
Well it was objectively better than everyone else.

>Xbox S, and PC
They introduce the xbox s, but then counter all that bullshit by putting everything on pc through windows 10, literally no reason for an xbox now.

>Gears of Snore 4
Literally the exact same as gw3, up the cringe worthy dialogue one liners up by 10.

>Forza horizon 3
generic racing game

>recore
boring platformer with megaman esque gameplay, ruined by a tedious color matching mechanic(it's literally retarded

>Cringe worthy final fantasy show case where the player get destroyed for 10 minutes straight, it was just awkward and made the game look bad.

>divison shilling

>A 30 minute cringe compliation of manchildren playing mindcraft
This literally ruined the entire show

>We happy few
Was a nice trailer, turns out it's just a random world generation game

>Scalebound
Brain dead button masher by kamiya with cringy one liners and a terribly hipster fag mc.
At one point he litteraly puts on his head phones(previously resting on his shoulders of course for maximum cringe), and starts playing rock music for 2008.

And than the scorpio, which is literally fucking amazing, depending on it's price it could totally btfo the typically priced pc.

nintendo(lol)
Found a way to make pokemon worse, and showcased one decent game

Sony wins be default.
>>
>>341801386
>and made the game look bad.
That's because the game IS bad.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.