[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For the stupid fucking retards comparing this to the graphics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10
File: dumbfucks.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dumbfucks.png
2 MB, 1280x720
For the stupid fucking retards comparing this to the graphics instead of the 2015 gameplay demo.
>>
It is okay when Nintendo does it
>>
I thought the top was concept art.
>>
>>341770859
Why are you defending a game company deliberately misleading consumers?
>>
>>341770859
Yeah, it's called a bullshot. Every company does it, and it's always bullshit. Nintendo used to get praised for not doing it, and now they are.
>>
>>341770993
every other game in existance has cinematics too. Not just nintendo games.
>>
>>341770859
Is this only on the WiiU? Compared to all the other games, like Battlefield or that godawful looking GoW, it looks entertaining
>>
>Wii U
looks like garbage
>>
File: dat_01-620x[1].jpg (30 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
dat_01-620x[1].jpg
30 KB, 620x349
>>341770993
I suppose you think that this is what FFX looked like through the whole game.
>>
There is a difference between "gameplay footage" that gets downgraded to hell, and a cinematic.
>>
>>341771623
The top one wasn't gameplay footage.
https://youtu.be/XZmxvig1dXE?t=2m57s

That is very clearly an animated scene.
>>
>>341771165
They did it with Skyward Sword. What the hell are you talking about?
>>
/v/ is too stupid to understand that op delete this
>>
>>341771949
The footage was animated in-engine.
I guess in-engine =/= with a Wii U
>>
>open your eyes
>>
>>341771165
see
>>341771949
it's an animation, They never passed it off as real gameplay footage like Watch Dogs did.
>>
File: file.png (1 MB, 1168x902) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 1168x902
Reminder that the Sheikah were meme loving fucks
>>
>>341772351
Just like cinematics in any other game released. They're animated and put into the game after,, they are not part of the gameplay, they are animated on their own, and that is why they look better.

This is not limited to Zelda, I seriously have a hard time believing that this game is the only time people actually noticed cinematics looking different than the actual gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF9xDrQ9gKQ
>>
File: 1454014975613.jpg (88 KB, 680x759) Image search: [Google]
1454014975613.jpg
88 KB, 680x759
Oh piss off. When the top was shown every single Nintendo fan was claiming it was going to be in game and it was going to look like that.

It's a downgrade, accept it.
>>
>>341773575
It's an animated cinematic for the trailer.

Accept it.
>>
>>341773723

That's not what Nintendo said and not what the Nintendo fans were saying.
>>
>>341770859
Graphics of a teaser trailer that wasn't gameplay but a generalization of the scope of the game
And graphics of a E3 only demo of the same game that actually has gameplay and is 9+ months from completion (because you know Nintendo will delay it.) as shown to us from a Youtube stream.

One is a establishing video of the setting the game is taking.
The other is low quality footage of actual gameplay.

This isn't another watch dogs where they showed actual gameplay first and downgraded it.
There wasn't gameplay to start with and it looks a hell of alot better than 2015's horse riding demo.
>>
File: 1455057206366.jpg (229 KB, 1921x720) Image search: [Google]
1455057206366.jpg
229 KB, 1921x720
>B-but it's not a downgrade!
>>
>>341771019
The top was a short cinematic teaser for Zelda the breath of the wild before anyone knew what it was.
It wasn't gameplay and it wasn't a representation of the final product but instead a tease into what the setting is going to be.
>>
>>341770859
>First shots/videos showed.
>OMG ITS AMAZING RIP SONY RIP MICROSOFT ITS SO GLORIOUS OUR GAMES LOOK SO GOOD NOW.
>Downgrade happens.
>ITS CALLED CINEMATIC DURR DELETE THISS!!!

Why are you so cancerous, op?
>>
It is a shame, I feel like the top one should be possible.

The gameplay graphics are a bit of a letdown, not just for stuff like the grass, but the environment shading seems very lacking in contrast
>>
>>341771142
But nintendo didn't
Nintendo showed a concept for thier new zelda game.
Then 2 years later show gameplay footage of what they did with the concept.

This is people getting flustered over #FE all over again. Making assumptions and believing their own delusions when they were told a concept.
>>
>>341774421

This happens with literally every Nintendo release ever.
>>
>>341774528
>But nintendo didn't.
>Follwed by a whole bunch of misleading beating around the bush.

Not only did they do it, you fell for it like a total bitch and now are shilling for free like a proper fanboy.
>>
>>341774528
It's a bullshot man
the "concept" was "look at these pretty graphics"
>>
>>341774814

And the Nintendo fans took it hook line and sinker.
>>
>>341774421
It isn't even a downgrade.
A downgrade refers to a actual product shown to you and then later the product comes out and is a shoddier version of what you saw. Bioshock infinite's 4 months prior to release gameplay footage and the final release, Watchdogs Reveal gameplay footage and the final release.

This was a concept video from the start.
This is someone showing you a a picture of their idea for a new version of the squeegee drew on paper. and then the prototype version of that squeegee is shown later and looks slightly different.

The Watchdogs/BSI version of this is they show you the concept art of the squeegee and then bust of a mock up that seems work and look as intended immediately after the concept. Just to release it months later and it doesn't looks anything like the concept art anymore or the prototype and is just sponge with the word Squeegee on it.
>>
>>341775278
see >>341774717
>>
>>341775278

If you label your "concept video" as being done in game engine then that implies it is what the game will actually look like.
>>
>>341774814
>the "concept" was "look at these pretty graphics"
No.
The concept was vast open wilderness. which Nintendo immediately spoke about on release of the teaser, But you made the assumption that it was about the graphics and made a ass out of yourself.
>>
>>341775636
Shut the fuck up. I'm so tired of being disrespected on this goddamn website. All I wanted to do was post my opinion. MY OPINION. But no, you little bastards think it's "hilarious" to mock those with good opinions. My opinion. while not absolute, is definitely worth the respect to formulate an ACTUAL FUCKING RESPONSE AND NOT JUST A SHORT MEME OF A REPLY. I've been on this site for 4 years: 4 YEARS and I have never felt this wronged. It boils me up that I could spend so much time thinking and putting effort into things while you shits sit around (probably jerking off to Gardevoir or whatever furbait you like) and make fun of the intellectuals of this world. I've bored you? Good for fucking you. Literally no one cares that your little brain is to underdeveloped and rotted to comprehend my idea...MY GREAT GREAT IDEA. I could sit here all day whining, but I won't. I'm NOT a whiner. I'm a realist and an intellectual. I know when to call it quits and to leave the babybrains to themselves. I'm done with this goddamn site and you goddamn immature children. I have lived my life up until this point having to deal with memesters and idiots like you. I know how you work. I know that you all think you're
"epik trolls" but you're not. You think you baited me? NAH. I've never taken any bait. This is my 100% real opinion divorced from anger. I'm calm, I'm serene. I LAUGH when people imply I'm intellectually low enough to take bait. I always choose to reply just to spite you. I won. I've always won. Losing is not in my skillset. So you're probably gonna reply "lol epik trolled" or "u mad bro" but once you've done that you've shown me I've won. I've tricked the trickster and conquered memery. I live everyday growing stronger to fight you plebs and low level trolls who are probably 11 (baby, you gotta be 18 to use 4chan). But whatever, I digress. It's just fucking annoying that I'm never taken serious on this site, goddamn.
>>
>>341775113
>Nintendo fans took it hook line and sinker.
That's weird, since everyone thought this game was going to be ass until this E3. It's almost as if the gameplay has something to do with it.

Also why did OP not even mention that the 2016 image is horribly represented? I'm calling false flagger.
>>
File: 4chan.jpg (16 KB, 248x248) Image search: [Google]
4chan.jpg
16 KB, 248x248
>>341775740
Do you have any idea where you are?
>>
>>341775740
Welcome to 4chan.
Fuck you. You're a Nigger.
Kill yourself.
Have a nice fucking day.
>>
>people throwing fits over a pre-release teaser
this isn't even close the same level as Watch Dogs was, calm the fuck down people. There's lots to bitch about in vidya and this isn't one of them
>>
File: b78.jpg (23 KB, 419x421) Image search: [Google]
b78.jpg
23 KB, 419x421
>>341775740
>I live everyday growing stronger
>>
>>341770859
One is WiiU, one is NX. End of discussion, what else is there to say?
>>
>>341776448
One is an animated trailer

One is the gameplay
>>
File: NORMIES GET OUT.jpg (99 KB, 540x300) Image search: [Google]
NORMIES GET OUT.jpg
99 KB, 540x300
>>341776083
>>341776105
>not recognizing obvious pasta
RRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>341776495

In game engine. So how come the game doesn't look like the in game trailer.
>>
>>341775740
is this fresh pasta
>>
>>341777687
Same reason in game graphics aren't the same as their opening cinematics. (Diablo, FFX, DMC4, WoW, Dark Souls, Watch Dogs, XCOM, etc)

Because they're animated,, not rendered in game. That trailer is not gameplay footage, that much is obvious.
>>
>>341777987

They said it was rendered in-game engine. Can you not read?
>>
>>341777687
Teh Zelda Tech demo for Wii U is in game.
How come everything on Wii U doesn't look like it?
How come everything doesn't look like the FFVII tech demo on Ps3?

How come every PC game doesn't look like the tech demo for their games Engine?
>>
>>341778295

So you're literally saying it's ok when Nintendo does it.
>>
>>341778202
Who said?
The developers? because they didn't
The Teaser trailer? Because it didn't
I should know I just fucking watched it again.

>>341778374
No, I'm not.
I'm confused that you jump on Nintendo's case every time but when everyone else does it you don't make a single fucking peep. like now it is terrible for you.

Tech demo's exist to show you the extent of the engine. Not what it can run at all times but what it is capable of at it's best.
The teaser never stated the game would look like it at any time. the teaser trailer did on the other hand tell you what direction Zelda was heading.
But morons like yourself stare at the graphics and think "It has to be that good looking at all times." Thinking the teaser trailer is the final game. Thinking the graphics are the only thing that make the game. ignoring everything else because you made your assumption and are being stubbornly wrong about it.
>>
>>341779302
Why are you responding to unbelievably blatant shitposters? Stop giving these idiots air.
>>
>>341770859
Lol, zelda normies can't take getting butthurt over simple criticisms.
>>
File: 1464750930780.gif (1014 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1464750930780.gif
1014 KB, 500x281
This game looks incredible.

https://youtu.be/R36bAFUeyY8?t=5m35s
>>
>>341770859
>cherrypicking
Maybe the Plateau isn't as lush as some parts of the in-game world?

>house/township
This spot was never shown at e3, hence all the ">hurrdurrnotowns" spouting, so until we actually see this spot in-game, we should hold all criticisms aside...then again it's 4chan, you guys will bitch regardless.
>>
>>341770859
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiw1F0Bvarc

there you go.
/thread
>>
>>341781326
I don't know why I never noticed how amazing that song is. The layers and the way the instruments continue off each other is great.
>>
File: 1362160809747.gif (465 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1362160809747.gif
465 KB, 320x180
>>341776083
>>341776105
>replying to obvious pasta
>>
>>341770859
if anybody has actually watched the fucking streams, the game literally looks exactly the same still as it looked in the e3 2014 picture. its fine. it looks great
>>
>>341777948
its from a week ago from /vp/
>>
>>341770859
the first one is a target render, the second is a shitty picture of a bad stream, fucking retard
>>
>>341776448
>NX was already made in 2014
Are you dumb or something?
>>
WII U HAS NO GRASS
>>
>>341774342
>It wasn't gameplay
Except it was.
>>
I'm perfectly okay with this.

However, since we now don't care about bullshots, I expect to see zero complaining when Sony inevitability downgrades Horizon and God of War. Fair deal?

I mean or less it will quite literally just be okay when Nintendo does it.
>>
bump so everyone can see how much nintendo downgraded it
>>
>>341770993
It's literally not okay when Nintendo does it, when nintendo does it autists get triggered
>>
>>341774098
>tech demo
>E3 cinematic trailer
>stretched out screenshot of a stream that was confirmed lowering visual quality in an area that had no grass
????
>>
>>341770993
This proposition is stated precisely in reverse.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.