[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has the 0.60 update saved DayZ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: .png (194 KB, 977x429) Image search: [Google]
.png
194 KB, 977x429
Has the 0.60 update saved DayZ?
>>
This game is still in alpha?
>>
>>341767190
Give it to me in a nutshell, what did it change. I haven't touched DayZ in like a year and a half because of how badly it was developed.
>>
>>341767190
3 years in early access
3 years
>>
>>341767362
Optimized the game, which was one of the biggest complaints about the standalone.
>>
>>341767498
Did they add zombies back in yet? I remember they removed zombies for a long time.
>>
>>341767731
You remember incorrectly then
>>
>>341767954
No, he doesn't.
Zombies were completely removed at one point, and now they're still really rare.
>>
>>341767190
this is still early access?
>>
>>341767731
Nope
>>
the most important thing about the update is the performance increase, better renderer and more variety to loot spawns.

the new ui is definitely not an improvement, as it is still choppy - it is however better in terms of aesthetics and utility.

it really did save dayz.
>>
>>341768931
the zombies are back, wtf is wrong with the amount of misinformation in the thread
>>
>game still isn't released
holy shit what
>>
>>341767190
It runs so much better now, I was running it on low and managed 50fps at best, now I get 100 on average, on medium-high.
>>
>>341769207
There are zombies but they're very rare still.
>>
>>341769385
>rare zombies
what the fuck is the goddamn point of the game then

why not just play wasteland in Arma 2 or 3?
>>
>>341769085
why are zombies still rare
also how was dayz unoptimized?
didn't it use the Arma 2 engine?
>>
>>341767190

Does it still run like ass? I heard somewhere that some recent patch somehow fixed the piss poor performance?
>>
>>341769901

the zombies aren't more rare, they just spawn in key locations where there's usually more than one or two players

dayz was unoptimized period, gtx 970+i7 4790k and i usually had ~60 fps on all settings maxed out

it uses take on helicopter engine, it is seperate from both arma 2 and 3 engine to my knowledge.
>>
>>341767190
http://steamcharts.com/app/221100#1y

Possibly.
>>
>>341770443
That's what 0.60 did yes
>>
>>341769510
Zombies were never the point of the fucking game. They were more of an environment factor than an actual treat if you weren't a dumbass. The mod had hordes of them at one point though.
Also they did keep spawning if you lingered too long at one position, especially if there were more than 1 player in your proximity. But this only really was the case for large cities most of the time.
Remember fleeing from more than a dozen sometimes, but rarely dieeing, player's were still much more of an threat.
>>
The game is literally a scam, why anybody would go back to it at this point is beyond me.
>>
>>341770893
The zombies are a threat alright
>>
this game will never be finished lol
>>
>>341770912
I think this update is a pretty good sign that they want to fix it.
>>
>>341770893
The only reason you could outrun zombies in the mod is if you weaved through buildings because they were forced to walk. To be honest the mod did zombies amazingly. There was a reason me and my friends called the Enfield the dinner bell in the mod. When you shot that thing off every zombie in 2km would come running for you.
>>
>>341767190
>DayZ devs are fixing this shit
>Tripware is trying to crash KF2 with no survivors.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.