[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sf
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: as.jpg (84 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
as.jpg
84 KB, 1280x720
Hey /v/ I need some help getting into Street Fighter. I've played SF2 and 4 at buddies' places and am at the level that I can watch EVO and understand what the fuck is going on. I just have a few qs:
>SF5 or SF4U
>Fightstick or Fightpad (I have money for either and have only ever played with a shit Xbox controller and hated it)
>Is SF5 on PC finally stable or should I not even bother
>>
>>341766508

Ultra is dead.
Whatever you're most comfortable with.
I guess.
>>
>>341766508
Fightstick vs pad is really just a decision you gotta make for yourself. It's all about what is good for you, or maybe even the character you play in some obscure situations.
>>
>>341766649
in that case I'm confused. i always assumed that sf fans that didnt like sf5 sticked to ultra. are you saying the majority of ppl are playing sf5?
>>
File: 57381196_p0.jpg (3 MB, 2480x3508) Image search: [Google]
57381196_p0.jpg
3 MB, 2480x3508
>>341766508
SFV
Whatever you like
It was never unstable the online was just a bit wonky, it's decent now. Also crossplay means more people to play with

Beware that the tutorials are kinda shitty so you will need to look around online to learn more really. I recommend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKfrMT21VtM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL7dm2xknUs
And the official SF channel that has way better guides than in game
https://www.youtube.com/user/CapcomSF/videos
>>
>>341766508
SFV, since USF4 is dead.
PC or PS4, both work just as they should
I'd recommend getting a shitty $40 stick to see if you like the feel, before blowing your money on a good, $200 one.
>>
>>341767528
That hasn't happened at all, very few play ultra still

People are load about problems with sfv but it's still the most played fighter right now so people do like it
>>
If you want to play Street Fighter, then play SFV or you're going to be awful lonely. The people still playing 4 are also very good.
Maybe try out one of those Mini Sticks, but it doesn't really matter because inputs aren't particularly difficult anyway. People compete in tournaments using gamepads, keyboards, etc...
Yes, SFV works fine on PC.
>>
>>341767528
SFV is the SF to play right now
controller is whatever you're most comfortable with, theres no advantage to using a stick over pad or viceversa.
sfv pc is fine.
if you like fighting games you should check out fightcade, arcade emulator with netplay for older fighters.
other good current games that arent street fighter are Killer Instinct (X1/win10), Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator (ps3/4), Mortal Kombat X(PS4/X1, pc version is shit).
>>
>>341767528
Even SF4 plans play V, they just bitch about it. This happened when 4 came out as well, expect with SF3 hipsters.
>>
>>341766508
SFV. Ultra is dead and you might as well play the game the top SF players are focusing on and that would be SFV

If money isn't an issue, fight stick. There's a noticeable learning curve, but stick has endless potential if you're going to devote a significant amount of your life to this game. That being said, pick what you're comfortable with. Some crazy Jap won EVO with a PS1 controller, so anything's possible in this crazy world

SFV on PC has mods, but it essentially plays exactly like its console counterpart
>>
File: 567890.jpg (138 KB, 540x763) Image search: [Google]
567890.jpg
138 KB, 540x763
>>341769920
It is funny how much the whole situation mirrors each other. Whenever SF6 happens people will be jerking off to how amazing V is
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.