[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo NX
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 6
File: Nintendo NX.png (31 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo NX.png
31 KB, 600x400
>launches March 2017
>Breath of the Wild is a launch title
>New mainline Mario game coming out for it about a year after release
>Third party games announced for it includes Dragon Quest XI and Just Dance 2017
>Namco-Bandai supposedly making a number of games for it
>Pikmin 4 supposedly near completion, unknown if that game is for the Wii U or NX, or if it exists at all
>We will see the NX for the first time in Fall this year
>>
File: 2608784-9355224014-Retro.jpg (29 KB, 506x249) Image search: [Google]
2608784-9355224014-Retro.jpg
29 KB, 506x249
Let's not forget whatever the fuck these guys have been up to.
>>
Kinda interesting to point out about DQ11.

DQ11 is kinda like the most recent smash in that its two games almost, one for consoles, one for handheld, that has a lot of similarities but some noticeable differences between the two versions. The handheld version of DQ11 emulates older top-down JRPGs with retro graphics while the console version is a triple A game. There's a lot of rumors about the NX being a hybrid console, so I could see the NX version having both the handheld and console version of DQ11 as one package, same with smash. There was also a rumor that said Smash 4 was being ported to the NX.
>>
>>341759221
80% sure we'll see Retro's next game at the Video Game Awards.

I hope theyre doing a new IP.
>>
Breath of the wild, improved smash 4, improved mario kart 8, pikmin 4, whatever 3rd party is to e released on late feb, march, april, may and so on

The move into E3 next year, Main line mario for holyday season, teases Retro new game, teases Monolith new game, Teases Bayonetta 3 NX exclusive, and let people that ALL 3 party garbage will be available

Online will be free for Native Nintendo games, but other games (cod, sports etc) will require a suscription based model
>>
>>341759978
>have to wait another 350 days to watch the best Nintendo conference of all time

goddamnit
>>
>>341758907
I'm scared that yet again, Nintendo have already created a console that will instantly be underpowered compared to its competitors.

Both Project Scorpio and Neo bost 4k capability. While I think this is a blatant lie (seeing as high end pc's cannot even manage a stable 4k on most games yet), they will definitely be way more powerful than current gen. Infact they will definitely run games at 1080p 60fps, any less and I will be very surprised.

This begs the question. The NX has been in development for a long time. Is it going to be on par with the ps4? Are nintendo then going to have to play catchup months after release when sony and ms beef their consoles up with new processor power.
>>
Also gamepad will be made as second controller, if you had a wiiu and a gamepad, you will be able to link the wiiu to nx, and pass the gamepad right management and syncro to nx
>>
If Pikmin 4 was a launch title would its sales be cannibalized by Breath of the Wild?
>>
>>341760371
They need to stop trying to release their consoles first. I know Nintendo doesn't care about the competition or whatever, but the fact is that their sales do. And as long as they keep releasing hardware that is underperforming compared to what Sony and Microsoft put out, things will not improve.
>>
>>341760534
They couls thin it down, like 1 month after eqch other, is also a good way to avoid the drought period that is april to july
>>
>>341760534
totally, i doubt nintendo has another major launch title planned. Theyre gonna release it a b-team game prob, like a minigame collection to show off the nx's gimmick, maybe nintendo world 2.
>>
>>341759819
http://www.gamnesia.com/podcasts/retro-studios-next-game-is-something-they-proposed-to-nintendo-and-it-could
>>
>>341760778
I also found that the WiiU was shit because I had to buy like 3 wiimotes, 3 nunchuck things, and some pro controllers if i wanted to play with friends on all my games.

It ended up costing so goddamn much. Nintendo can have a gimmicky controller, but don't lock your games behind certain peripherals.
>>
>>341759221
They are doing another Donkey Kong Game. They said it will be a Trilogy..
>>
>>341760371
We all know that the people making the Wii U were fucking retards, hell even Aonuma admitted the gamepad was shit. But my hope is they aren't retarded enough to make a console that is basically the Gamecube 4.0 and instead make a decently powerful console that can actually keep up with the competition.

Is this too much to ask?
>>
>>341760371
Given how seveloper emselve dont seem tooo thrilled for mid gen consoles (more work more port less $$&$) i doubt neo or scorpio will shake the market, nintendo only need enough power to get 3rd party, casual draw back from nintendo consoles is not the lack of power or grafix, is that if you buy a nintendo, you would need then a extra 1 for 3rd party , if jNintendo manages to fix those bridges, they are in for an easy ride, breath of the wild showed that people still interested in Nintendo, hard. They just have to remove the 2 console burden from the shoulder of the buyers
>>
>>341761185
Agreed. I genuinely enjoy the gamepad, but I think it's time Ninty went back to normal controllers for this one.
>>
>>341761431
>mid gen
it's a new gen. gens were never a regulated law like your simple mind want it to be. It was always a marketing buzzword to make the new system feel different from the old ones.
>>
NX is a handheld
>>
>>341761420
From an standard developer point, nx being close in power to ps4 and xbone than 4.5 and scorpion, is better given that porting will be easier, making an stand alone console with different specs (either powerfull or weaker) always means more work and more port, something 3rd party has becomw well known to hate
>>
>>341761627
Neo and scorpiom will be mid gen, s and m only will jumo gen when 3rd party tells em to do, as they are the ones keeping both companies alive.
>>
>>341761814
>handheld

this meme needs to end, zelda and just dance are coming to it already, its clearly a console. I'd love to see one of you retards out in public playing just dance on your handheld.
>>
Is Dragon Quest XI, Pikmin 4, and Breath of the Wild enough for you to get an NX on release?
>>
I hope the NX gets a Hyrule Warriors ultimate edition.
>>
>>341761236
That's the other team. The A team -so to speak- has been working on something different for a number of years now.
>>
>>341760371
We don't know if NX is even a home console. If it's not, it's silly to expect it to be on par with PS4
>>
>>341763194
I would rather see HW2
>>
>>341763032
yes
>>
>>341762195
None of that deconfirms it from being a handheld you fucking retard. If anything, the lack of AAA titles being announced for NX only helps peove his point.
>>
>>341763392
>>341762195
>>
File: 1486904699809.png (34 KB, 196x197) Image search: [Google]
1486904699809.png
34 KB, 196x197
http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/06/17/nintendo-teases-a-new-kind-of-mario-for-next-year/

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/06/17/nintendo-teases-a-new-kind-of-mario-for-next-year/

How do we "break the conventions" of Mario in a vein similar to Breath of the Wild?
>>
>>341762195
Also SE fucked up and revealed DQXI is in development for it when they announced it.
>>
>>341763578
see >>341763576
Cheap smartphones are already more powerful than Wii U, so you idiots can stop using Zelda as 'proof' of anything.
>>
>>341763363
All we know is it isn't fucking Metroid.
>>
>>341763721
They said it was for consideration, and they never said which version.

>HURR IT'S OBVIOUSLY NOT THR 3DS VERSION

It very well could be if there's no backwards compatibility.
>>
>>341763392
>is not a home console
>will have an upgraded version of BotW
If this shit is a handheld, is the handheld to ruel
>>
>Dragon Quest 11

Will it be localized?
>>
>>341763649

Make it a Skyrim-like
>>
>>341763740
Nintendo has already expanded into the mobile market now though, and have plans throughout the year to release more games on the mobile platform. It seems like they already have their plan set out for handheld gaming for the time being.

A console on the other hand, makes much more sense, seeing as we already know for sure this Zelda is coming out for it. Nowhere did they mention that it would be a modified version of the game either, meaning an actual controller with 2 joysticks will be required to play. Unless Nintendo can make a handheld capable of playing and feeling like a standard controller, then I highly doubt the NX is going to be a handheld.

Also just so you know. Cheap smartphones could not run the games the WiiU does. The Android OS and shitty processors used in phones suck arse. Just because phones are now rocking 3gb+ of RAM doesn't mean they are powerful
>>
>>341763921
yes. I think any 3d dq with that much effort put into it will get localized. shit like dq monsters which honestly isnt too hard to make will likely never be localized because the money that's put into localizing it will be a waste for the amount of sales in the us. I'm really surprised dq7 and dq8 3ds are being localized.
>>
>>341763649
Mario 64, bigger better designed to world
>>
>>341763649
so basically physics + open world + mario?
>>
The next Mario will be to the Mario series as Breath of the Wild is to the Zelda series, claims Nintendo.
>>
>>341759978
>Online will be free for Native Nintendo games, but other games (cod, sports etc) will require a suscription based model
That'd be a fucking horrendous idea.
>>
>>341763740

Why would Nintendo have two mobile versions of Dragon Quest? That just seems redundant. I think it's safe to assume it's their next console. I'm also inclined to believe that Morgan Stanley investor as well.
>>
>>341764417
Explain
>>
>>341764417
Not him, but Sony and PS+ has something similar going on, but their system is better. Basically, some developers are allowed to make their game palyed online regardless of whether or not the player has PS+, but most of the time PS+ is required for online. I guess PS+ is not required when the game is only an online multiplayer game.
>>
>>341759978
>>341764417
Wouldnt the inverse make more sense..?
>>
>>341764634
Because it would cause people to not get those games for the NX because they can just get them on another system that they have to pay for online on anyway.
>>
>>341758907
>the new mario game will be some gimmick shit
I just don't have faith in new nintendo to lead the industry anymore.
They just cannot make masterpieces now, they settle for 8/10s at best. 3DW was a massive disappointment.

Paper mario is dead, F-zero is dead, StarFox is dead, Super Mario is dead, Zelda is just another ubisoft game now, Fire Emblem has embraced the turbowaifu (that is also pro-censor) audience, Pokemon remains a joke, Advance Wars is dead, Yoshi's last game was horrible. Then we have those budget games/minigames that are just a waste of time and money like treasure trackers and that animal crossing piece of shit board game. Kirby has been the best serie solely because it's the same fucking game every time that does not improve upon anything at all, which is very telling of the state of nintendo today.

Nintendo needs to aim high again with their games. It's like they gave up on delivering 10/10s, they won't even set that as a theoretical goal.
>>
>>341761814
It's a platform a console and a handheld, not one thing nor is it a hybrid just two separate systems. Think Windows 10 to Xbox One.
>>
>>341763649
SMB2
>>
>>341759978
>Bayonetta NX exclusive
Not after it sold 12 copies on WiiU no. Their partnership is over. You had your chance, but you proved once again that you will only consider buying Nintendo first party titles.

NX won't have enough 3rd party titles either for the same reason.
>>
File: pepimar.png (156 KB, 1195x1151) Image search: [Google]
pepimar.png
156 KB, 1195x1151
>>341758907
it's been 9 months since close-to-completion-pikmin 4 ( and interview
with eurogamer was in july, so as a matter of fact nearly a year) and we heard no words on it. what do you think guys
>>
>>341763649
I hope this happens with Metroid as well it needs a better change then Other M and I'm tired of Prime and since I don't know if they will make another side scroller, shaking the main series a Metroid up in a good way could hopefully give us similar results to what we got with the new Zelda.
>>
>>341765226
b8ing this desperately
>>
>>341765315
delayed to NX
>>
>>341761420
You weren't even born at that time, Timmy. GC was more powerful than the PS2 and it also costed less. It came out a year or two later. It was Nintendo's highest point in hardware quality for the 3d generations, objectively.

The GC had a much bigger impact than the WiiU did, considering the market became a numbers of times bigger, yet the sales are similar.
>>
>>341765315
They made 6 mini pikmin games they've kept secret so next year they'll announce the tenth, PikmiNX
>>
>>341765226
Bayo 2 sold about 1m copies, just so you know.
>>
File: 1405301809495.jpg (20 KB, 282x276) Image search: [Google]
1405301809495.jpg
20 KB, 282x276
>it's a nintendrones try to reassure each other that the next nintendo console totally won't bomb and the games totally won't have gimmicks out the ass thread

just give it up losers, nintendo was great until the gamecube and then it's been downhill at top speed. the sooner they give up on consoles and go multiplat the better
>>
Only a year to wait! How grateful I am for this unbelievably short time span! And maybe in 20 years we'll get a new Prime
>>
>>341763649
Let's see, they copied the latest trendy oversaturated trash for the newest Zelda, the open world survival game.
They are going to do the same with Mario and platformers: it will be a high speed "runner" like all those indie games are about. With the meme deaths compilations.

Basically, happy wheels (if 2D) or Goat Simulator (if 3D) but replace the main character with mario.
>>
>>341764417
So you plan to fix their 3rd party problem by making third party even less accessible than the competition now, not even playing on an even field?

You should work at Nintendo, your mentality is as retarded at theirs. That idea is so insanely dumb that one time out of ten you'll make the next Wii phenomenon by a stroke of sheer luck.
>>
>>341765226
You are the kind of stupis funny
>b1, over 120 m combined user base, 4-5 years, barelly reached 2m sales
>b2, 10-12 m user base, 1 year, 1 million sales
You are a sadnigger
>>
>>341766030

That's what he's saying, that this is a horrible idea.
>>
What's sad is they're already tanking a console that despite being out for years has had very few substantial games. They just completely misunderestimated how difficult it is to make HD games. They should've stuck with Wii graphics if it meant they'd produce some fucking content.
>>
>>341765648
>the premiere third party exclusive, from a developer that has a cult following of obsessed fans
>a sequel of a beloved game and considered the real successor to DMC3
>marketed into nintendo's most popular game as a playable character
>sold one million

Bayo 1 sold 2.5 millions as a brand new IP. My point still stands. Buy videogames other than the same 4 nintendo franchises, for your own sake.
>>
Will Nintendo have to give in and make paid online as well? I give them credit for fighting the trend for so long, but I'm afraid of them possibly bending this time.
>>
>>341765660
It's ok to be out of touch anime. I still love you
>>
>>341766427
They have amiibo shit and sell literal 20 year old roms for insane prices, on top hardware that is ten years behind which is overpriced to boot. Surely their greed has bounds.
>>
>>341766427
Ultimately depends how well they do up until the launch window. Their mobile apps I presume are making them a large amount of money every day.
>>
>>341766389

Selling one million on one platform is actually pretty good for an IP like Bayonetta. Most people in this day and age don't really care too much for cuhrazee games, so for it to even do that good, on a platform like Wii U no less, is impressive.

You can't really ask for any more than that my friend, even the hyped up Xenoblade X didn't do that good.
>>
>>341766389
Bayo 1 flopped until it hit the bargain bin only months after release and even then it was on two different systems with huge install bases.

Bayo 1's sales are nowhere near as impressive as Bayo 2 hitting a million on the fucking Wii U. And the game hit a million before Smash came out. There's a reason she "won" the poll.
>>
>>341766427
Why would they? It isn't that online multiplayer is expensive to support. Every Tom Dick and AA publisher manages this on PC.

It's that its a bunch of free money from kidiots that don't know better.
>>
>>341766427
The Wii U almost did have paid online.

NX is guaranteed it.
>>
>>341763649
>a new kind of mario
So, Mario Baseball? Mario Basketball? Mario Fly Fishing?
>>
>>341766030
Why would it be "less" accessible? Same game, same online, same paywall

The other option then will be that you cAn use My Nintendo points to buy the online paywall
>>
>>341760371
>I'm scared that yet again, Nintendo have already created a console that will instantly be underpowered compared to its competitors.

Software sells consoles, not specs

If Nintendo makes it really REALLY easy for AAA developers to port their games, there'll be a larger library
>>
File: 1465175537128.gif (347 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1465175537128.gif
347 KB, 640x480
>>341763649
Mark my words, Mario is going GTA or a shooter
>>
>>341763456
>I would rather see HW2

Which is SO happening once they bring over a handful of characters from Breath of the Wild

Though the question is, will there be a brand new story in Hyrule Warriors?
>>
>>341767038
Yeah, but as soon as I booted up the WiiU the load times were insane. Even fucking loading some miiverse crap would take forever.

You know how bad ms is doing thanks to faggots spamming
>loll only 900p not even 1080p hahahhaha
Nintendo need to make the numbers look attractive to console gamers. If they see that cod is running worse on the console, they won't buy it.
>>
>>341766793

I thought Sony and Microsoft were doing this to offset console costs. They're just being Jewish?
>>
>>341767437
Microsoft is doing bad cause a shaky start due to terrible E3 + less desiable exclusives / making em on Pc, too.

If all consoles have 3rd party trash, the next thing that will make people choose a console will be exclusives, and thy wise Nintendo > Sony > Microsoft
>>
>>341768239
Given ps division 1/3 of all the money thy made on 2015 was on ps+ only, yes, jews
>>
>>341768239
they're doing it to offset console costs in other areas. they can sell the xbawks at a loss because they make up for it in subscription sales
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.