[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fallout 4’s director wasn’t happy with the game’s dialogue
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: lies.jpg (39 KB, 642x960) Image search: [Google]
lies.jpg
39 KB, 642x960
http://beta.egmnow.com/articles/news/fallout-4s-director-wasnt-happy-with-the-games-dialogue-system/

>If you weren’t happy with Fallout 4‘s simplified dialogue system, you weren’t alone — the game’s director and executive producer Todd Howard thought it “didn’t work as well” as approaches of past games.

>Howard told GameSpot that Bethesda constantly tests new ideas, and that when it comes to Fallout 4‘s dialogue, the team’s choice with the dialogue may not have been the best one.

>“Obviously, the way we did some dialogue stuff, that didn’t work as well,” Howard said. “I know the reasons we tried that [were in order] to make a nice interactive conversation, but [it was] less successful than other things in the game.”
>>
File: thum yurk.jpg (12 KB, 343x355) Image search: [Google]
thum yurk.jpg
12 KB, 343x355
>>341757767

But it's too late. The damage is done.

THE DAMAGE.

IS.

DONE.
>>
Come on Todd, if you want my pre-order, you need to be more honest, the dialogue system wasn't the only thing that you fucked up.
>>
>>341757767
why all the hate for this guy?
>>
>>341758224
MemeS mostly.
>>
HATE DIALOGUE SYSTEM
>>
File: 1460000777852.png (184 KB, 520x308) Image search: [Google]
1460000777852.png
184 KB, 520x308
>millions of people complain about the shitty dialouge wheel
>Todd Howard finalls carves in and admit it's shit

I mean, hey. Atleast he is willing to make a change and listen.

Who knows, maybe we will get options probably DLC to get tje dialouge wheel replaced by something better.
>>
>>341758224
GUY?
HATE GUY
SUPPORT GUY
NOT MY BUSINESS
>>
>>341759025
The problem isn't the dialogue wheel. It was never the dialogue wheel.

The problem is a pathetic lack of choice, it's all the illusion thereof, hidden with paraphrasing. Whether you put your options on a list or in a circle it makes no real difference, what the options are is what's important.
>>
>>341758224
because he's a lying hack
>see that mountain?
>>
>>341759481

I agree.
It's even worst that FO3 which is pretty amazing accomplishment.
>>
>but [it was] less successful than other things in the game.”

There was literally not a single successful feature in the game. 100% of the entire product was trash.
>>
>>341760123
>Says 'see that mountain? you can climb to the top of it'
>You can indeed climb to the top of that mountain
>/v/ acts like what he says is a horrible bold faced lie
>>
File: 1456100909089.png (115 KB, 582x604) Image search: [Google]
1456100909089.png
115 KB, 582x604
>>341760732
The shooting felt pretty good, settlement building was okay.
Powerarmor was, depending on your preference, pretty cool.
The Glowing Sea was pretty fucking cool.
>>
>>341758224
People just give him crap cuz Todd gets a little too excited with his work.
I don't think anyone really HATES him but I'd said they think he's a hack cuz his games get more casualized as series continue.
>>
>>341761429
>The shooting felt pretty good,
Compared to what?
>settlement building was okay
extremely clunky and limited
>glowing sea
>cool
why
>>
>>341761226
I don't really count glitching your way up an otherwise inaccessible mountain on a horse through unattended means as "climbing."
>>
>>341757767
So does this mean TES VI won't feature a fully-voiced protag?

Cause that would be great.
>>
>>341762786
>Compared to what?
Not him, but the shooting was a massive improvement over the previous two Fallouts. It was actually somewhat competent for a FPS.
>>
>>341758224
For the memes

I think most people here do have some respect for him. He's down to earth and seems like a nice guy.

But the memes are just so good.
>>
>>341758224
Its just hating him ironically.
>>
>>341762786
FO3 or New Vegas.

Staggering someone without having to cribble limbs felt pretty neat, the weapons felt powerfull and fair. Even if the amount of weapons was highly limited and unimaginative, I still enjoyed running through hordes of enemies with the shotgun or battle rifle.

Why yes, it was clunky and limited. But it was still enjoyable to build shit and watching your settlement grow. It's far from perfect, settlers should arm themselve with weapons, collect more materials, find work for themselve and actually fight against Raiders instead of complaining every fucking day.

The glowing sea was just very nicely done. Everything about it just yelled "death".
It reminded me a lot of the New Vegas DLC - Lonesome road as you make your way through the Divide.

The rest of FO4 was shit. The only memorable quest was the one with the USS Constitution.

FO4 took one step forward and two steps back.
>>
>>341763167
there are proper mountain paths and passages in almost every single one of the mountain ranges anon, did you really expect skyrim to be a mountain climbing game?

it a world of constant bullshots and actual 100% lies, you are so upset about absence of indepth mountain climbing that you call it a lie? you absolutely can climb any of those mountains
>>
>>341760732
shooting is vastly improved compared to previous fallout 3d games
level design is a huge improvement too, the locations have actual verticality even without the jet-pack
companions are an improvement compared to previous bethesda titles
power armor was really cool, it actually felt unique as opposed to just being yet another heavy armor
new survival mode is decent
crafting and settlement stuff is decent too
you can finally wear clothing underneath armor again, which afaik they havent done since morrowind

its a pretty meh game, but acting like its the worst thing ever is just retarded
>>
>>341759085
Underrated
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.