[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can somebody redpill me on pokemon? So I bought omega ruby right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: 21636.png (477 KB, 620x420) Image search: [Google]
21636.png
477 KB, 620x420
Can somebody redpill me on pokemon? So I bought omega ruby right because I had nothing to play and I know pokemon is really popular so it must be good, but what the hell, it's so boring. It's so easy and simple, so what the hell is the appeal? I just steamroll everything and there's no challenge anywhere whatsoever. The RPG mechanics hasn't changed one iota it seems since last time I played which was pokemon red in the fucking 90s. Not only that the graphics and animations are uninspired as fuck. What's the point of 3D graphics when your pokemon moves have no corresponding animation that makes it look awesome?

I don't know...
>>
>actually playing vanilla Pokemon
Look up meme sapphire
>>
>>341756534
what do you mean? are there mods?
>>
>>341756409
For what it's worth, the remakes are superior to the GBA titles. Dark types aren't screwed over now and they get physical stab due to special/physical split. Hoenn is admittedly not the absolute best region ever conceived (shit load of water) but at least you have megas to give a new spin to old Pokemon.
>>
>>341756992
Wasn't dark physical beforw the split?
>>
>playing pokemon for a rewarding single player experience
Ayyyyy.
You gotta autism it up on smogon and vgc for the real game to shine.
>>
>>341756409
>Can somebody redpill me on
>>>>>>>>>>>/neogaf/
>>>>>>>>>>>/redddit/
>>>>>>>>>>>/slaughterhouse/
fucking brain dead cattle I swear
>>
>>341757374
But it is a singlerplayer game...
>>
>>341756992
>all that unused land

>>341757131
Special, which fucked over a lot of mons like Absol.
>>
>>341757629
I wish ever grande was more than just a waterfall, the victory road, and the pokemon league.
>>
File: suspicious woodpidgeon.png (98 KB, 210x217) Image search: [Google]
suspicious woodpidgeon.png
98 KB, 210x217
>>341756992
>>341757629
>the entire theme of the game is land vs ocean
>hurrr why is half the game water
>>
File: 1414527765130.webm (265 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1414527765130.webm
265 KB, 540x540
>playing OR/AS instead of HG/SS as your first Pokémon game
>>
>>341757629
Sharpedo was the most cucked pokemon in existence.
>>
File: 1458467047400.jpg (123 KB, 614x1230) Image search: [Google]
1458467047400.jpg
123 KB, 614x1230
>>341756409
ORAS is one of the weaker titles, it's pretty easy and doesn't have anything really interesting to back it up.

If you're not 12, turn off the EXP share, and limit your party somehow - Only capture and use the first pokemon you find in an area, or make a build without your starting pokemon, etc.

The reason people gush about Pokemon is about the post-game content and the multiplayer. There's a wide variety of strategy to use with the multiplayer and you can make some fucking ridiculous builds, and while ORAS doesn't have the cooler battle areas for literally no fucking reason there are still high-level areas that bothered making their 'mons not brain-dead easy.
>>
>>341756409
To be honest, you should've just waited for Sun and Moon. The other games are horribly outdated.
>>
>>341756409
>The RPG mechanics hasn't changed one iota it seems since last time I played which was pokemon red in the fucking 90s.
Yes it has. Split of Special into Special Attack/Special Defense. Moves being special/physical on an individual basis rather than by type. Abilities (Gen 3, big one), double battles (also Gen 3), natures, IVs/EVs (after Gen 2). Mega evolution (Gen 6). And those are just the biggest ones.
>>
>>341757850
The water wouldn't so much of a problem if there was something interesting in it.
>>
Emerald is still bwtter than ORAS even with no split imho.
>>
>>341757629
Where's the battle island thing on this?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.