[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dear /v/. Since GOG have sale right now, I wanted to ask about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: under.png (1 MB, 1399x863) Image search: [Google]
under.png
1 MB, 1399x863
Dear /v/.

Since GOG have sale right now, I wanted to ask about opinions about Underrail.

I heard some positive opinions, but Im still not sure. Could anybody tell me anything about this game? Is it kinda like first or second Fallout or just try to feel "retro" but fails? Are animations and overall graphics on level of said Fallouts or worse (I mean, like containing no movement animations like Avadon)?

Thank you for any replies, like always.
>>
Anybody?
>>
The Underrail threads I saw here on /v when the game first came out seemed pretty positive, though I would like some fresh opinions too.
>>
Bump because someone might help you
>>
>>341755306
I finished the game about 3 times with three different builds
If you're looking for a story like fallout 1 & 2, you're going to be really disappointing because the game does have a story but its mediocre and kinda boring
Combat on the other hand is extremely good and hard, and by hard i mean get ready to get ass raped because the game doesn't hold your hand at all and the variety in PSY abilities and guns and melee stuff is decent
Exploration is god tire, imagine metro LL open world underground that you can literally explore every section after tutorial and the enemies are static and there is no "scale up" bullshit, so you might head into your own doom and live through it to get rewarded justly
The atmosphere and music is mix of fallout and metro and its fitting for a game like this
The quests and NPCs are top tire and the game got plenty of interesting people and fun quests to do but sadly the "talk your way out of battle" is really rare and makes even spending a single point in barter and charisma waste of precious stat points
Also plan your build carefully because the game hits hard if you fuck up your combat skills and go a jack of all trades
in overall if you enjoyed fallout and you like dying a lot you will fucking love this and it was worth every $ I spent
>>
>>341757795
oh and i forgot about animations and graphics
Animation wise the game is kinda like fallout but dont get your hopes up because there is no unique death animation and stuff and its pretty simple but the game pays off with the gameplay
>>
>>341757795

I actually dont like dying a lot just for the sake of dying, I was rarely dying in first two Fallouts, save for time-restricted elements of first game, even if I did a restart at few times to properly adjust my character build.

I feel kinda confused about buying after your comment, but thanks for posting it.
>>
>>341758409
Well you can always pirate the game and see it for yourself and buy it later if you feel bad about piracy
There is nothing wrong with a test run before you spend money
>>
>>341758605

Yeah, but Im too afraid to download from torrents or similar sites and in general would like to be able to play demo first.

I miss demo versions.
>>
>>341755306
It is an incredibly good game. Fantastic combat mechanics, great exploration and sense of progress, very versatile build options.

However this game was not made for people who are in for the story and roleplaying. There is a story, and while it might sound strange the writing gives a rather bad first impression, but gets better considerably later on. There are factions, there are some really good quests, there is c&c, and very little handholding. However if you have no or little interest in character building and combat, this is simply not a game for you.

The game has movement animations, but do not expect anything like FO death animations. This game was made by a very small team on a shoestring budget, and since they went for 2D sprites this limited their options with animations considerably. Now this though shouldn't hold you back from playing.
>>
>>341759284
Actually there is a demo, but it's a pre-alpha one from something like 2012. You can try it, but it doesn't accurately represent the finished game.
>>
>>341759284
>afraid of torrenting
what sort of PC user are you?
its not that hard really but seriously learn to torrent it will come handy
I'll spoon feed you this time because your intentions are pure
https://mega.nz/#!WRsUFCjA!dpxcWo2PKigZH0GxwYxKG-UhR4eXS1YTw_dFBZ0EEVw
>>
>>341759739

T-thanks anon.
>>
>>341757795
I would disagree on the difficulty. It can be difficult at times, but the actual difficulty is nowhere near as unforgiving as you say. Jack of all trades builds are indeed punished, but simply not going full retard with your build is more than enough to survive even the hardest difficulty, even with a sub-optimal build. And you can pick a lower difficulty if you are not up to it.

>single point in charisma waste of precious stat points
You mean persuasion? Not really. If you go PSI you will have high WILL, and that makes persuasion such a minimal point investment it's basically free.
>>
>>341760509

Can you make fragile sniper/thief character like in Fallouts?
>>
>>341762242
Yes, stealthy sniper is one of the most effective builds. Just make sure to invest in crafting for better equipment.
>>
>>341755306
Bump while I prepare to expose you, shill. Like always.
>>
>>341762242
One small advice. One every level up, you get enough skill points to max exactly 8 skills. It's best to settle on which 8 you want to focus on before you begin. There are some skills that can be safely dropped once you hit a certain threshold, but you'll realize this as you play on anyway. So until you get a better feel of the game or realize for certain you need to adjust something just stick with your initial 8.
>>
>>341755306
>>341763739
>like always

Undeniable proof that this is the same OP.
>>
>>341764016
What the fuck.
>>
>>341764016
>>341762242
Well jokes on him, there is a mega link to get the game for free in this thread
His efforts are useless now
>>
File: gogshillsummersale2016.png (900 KB, 2028x1304) Image search: [Google]
gogshillsummersale2016.png
900 KB, 2028x1304
>>341764168
>>
>>341764016

Yeah, thats me. I didnt buy Pillars back then, based on your opinions.

I was wondering about Underrail now so I made a thread to ask for opinions.

Why you call me "shill"? For asking about opinions before buying?
>>
>>341764450
See above.
>>
>>341764259

No, they came with fruits - not only few anons provided me with info about the gameplay, but also one posted mega link to try out before buying.
>>
>>341764556

Oooh, I forgot that for some retards on /v/, talking about games is "shilling", same as asking about or discussing sales.

Lets go further and call all video games threads on /v/ as advertising. On video games board.

Holy shit, /v/ and /g/ are basically like twin sisters, only that one scream "BOTNET" in addition to "SHILLS".
>>
>>341764397
>all gog threads are shills
fuck off retard
>>
>>341764450
people on this board have become incredible shizoprhenic with all the false flagging going on

neither GoG or PoE would come or send shills to this board ever

I dont know about underrail though since it seems like a shitty indie game
>>
>>341764975
>no gog threads are shills
>shills are just a meme
Nice meme, retard.
>>
>>341764397
Nah well I can see those coming from several different people. There are several GOG users here, and mainly thanks to Insomnia the threads are understandable.

It's just I already thought OP's post was awkward as hell, but I didn't imagine he would actually repeat the same structure again and bring attention to being the same guy when it isn't relevant to the thread in any way. Why would anyone do that on an anonymous site?
>>
I enjoyed this game, but they kind of stopped updates at a really bad spot right after they changed the font. The newer font has issues with lower resolutions where sometimes the tooltips don't fit.
>>
>>341755306
>buying from GoG

might as well pirate it.
>>
>>341764873
>Oooh, I forgot that for some retards on /v/, talking about games is "shilling", same as asking about or discussing sales.
True but for the record I am not one of them. I have provided compelling evidence of actual, legitimate cases of potential, likely shilling taking effect every day for the last week.
>>
>>341765109
>neither GoG or PoE would come or send shills to this board ever
Actually GOG staff frequents sale threads. Or at least they used to.
>>
>>341765373
>that character avatar
top kek
>>
File: Download.jpg (11 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Download.jpg
11 KB, 250x250
>>341764397
people constantly made threads about trails in the sky in the same fashion you see pic and I bought, played and liked it

they are obvious shills or just retarded but whatever since you can't prove it

nobody forces you to buy their shitty games, screencapping this though shows that you have severe autism
>>
>>341765373
They still haven't fixed that? Weird. There is a new patch on the way, but who knows how long it'll take.
>>
wait for the steam sale next week idiot.
>>
>>341757795
>top tire
>>
>>341765286

Actually, I start ALL my threads with "Dear /v/" and ends with "Thanks for replies", no matter what games I ask about, be it on Steam, GOG or Humble Bundle. It gets faster and easier to get various opinions on /v/ than on typical internet forum and it is more likely to see somebody posting his own opinions, no matter how negative, than turned into positive "because mods will ban be for not being nice" (seriously, I saw "forums" like that few times).

>>341765109

Well, it LOOKS like shitty indie games, thats why I needed to ask people, who actually played the game, to see if there is a difference btween how it looks and how it actually plays.

>>341765380

Doesnt make it right to call anybody talking about games shills.

>>341765378

Might as well call any buying like that.
>>
>>341765653
You just posted a smug reaction image, called me an autist, and taunted me by saying I can't prove your wrongdoing. What does that response say about you?

True, it's hard to prove shilling. But there are a few intelligent users out there who can think critically and discern the truth provided they are presented with sufficient evidence.

The worst thing about that whole scheme, that sadly-not-yet-illegal but highly immoral approach to marketing, is that it works best when your audience isn't aware they're being targeted for advertising. I may not be able to prove it's happening in a given situation, but the reality is that it does happen a lot, even on /v/, and your adhominems won't stop me from doing my duty of raising awareness about the issue and pointing potential instances of it out wherever and whenever I can.

That said, apologies if you are not actually one of them. Please understand there is a need for a healthy dose of cynicism in times like these, and "anonymous" places like this.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (20 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
20 KB, 1280x720
>>341766814
pasta/10

you deserve an award if this is a new pasta
>>
>>341765969
>GoG
>legitimate retailer

literally resells cracked games
>>
one of the best games i've played in recent memory
>>
>>341755306
I thought it was great and had a great time with it if you liked the Metro games you will like the RPG of this, world is great, story I think is great just slow at the start to be unique. World is fantastic.
>>
>>341764450
> I didnt buy Pillars back then, based on your opinions.
You utter moron.
>>
>>341765373
Styg got a kid. Probably takes all his time away from coding. Fuck children.
>>
>>341769827

I got told about how the combat looks in Pillars. Sorry, I liked Icewind Dale more than BG and hearing that everything is about "MUH BALANCE" and carrying on worst aspects of "real-time with pause" type of combat, I decided that it is not worth that price.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.