[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, TMS...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 10
File: 2831884-sharpfe.jpg (194 KB, 505x640) Image search: [Google]
2831884-sharpfe.jpg
194 KB, 505x640
> Atlus isn't force feeding us a dub, instead we get superior Japanese audio with the lead talents such as Inori Minase at the helm
> Idols
> Fire Emblem nods
> Literally Persona 4 for Wii U
> ACTUAL good J-Pop
> Colorful as fuckkk
> Deep strategy beyond the fluffy look
> EXCLUSIVE: No fucking PC ports, or console exclusivity for a short time: ONLY on Wii U

Guys, I could give a fuck less if an outfit was edited in a cutscene or some shit - this game is gonna be awesome. Yeah, sure I'll be one of the ten people who buy it - but I'm going to enjoy myself.
>>
I'm getting this, how similar is it to persona?
>>
Is it already out in Japan? Do we know if the game is actually any good or not?
>>
>>341755086
go away bill
>>
>>341755254
It's been out. Game bombed big time.
Reviews are middling. I reception is more indifferent than positive or negative, although some importers are in love with the combat, which is just Strange Journey's combat tweaked a bit.
>>
>>341755254
It sold like shit and seems buyers love it
>>
>>341755254
It won awards.

>>341755396
>Bombed

Apparently not. They were paying for concerts, merchandise is doing well. It's one of those games where JUST looking at sales numbers doesn't give you the whole picture.

They're already talking about sequels, so STFU.
>>
>>341755086
You're fired Bill
>>
>>341755616
>It won awards.
>lying on the internet
>>
>>341755086
I have this looming feeling that this game is going to do surprisingly well.
It's not gonna be another Fire Emblem situation, but still better than what people expect....I think
>>
>>341755616
>STFU
Kill yourself.
>merchandise is doing well
People keep saying this but it just isn't true.

>They're already talking about sequels
They want to do a sequel. Doesn't necessarily mean they are. Devs are always talking about wanting to do sequels.

>>341756193
Nintendrones will buy anything, especially Americans starved for new games. This game will probably break 100k in the US despite it being mediocre.
>>
>>341755086

You forgot,
>Faaaaaaaaaaayiaaaaaaaaaaa EEEEEEEEeeeembleeemuuuuuuuuu
>>
>>341755086
So many of these points are outright incorrect
>>
>>341755086
The story is also watered down and less interesting.
>>
File: 20160616_205107.jpg (755 KB, 1873x1041) Image search: [Google]
20160616_205107.jpg
755 KB, 1873x1041
>>341755254
It's pretty shitty.
>>
>>341756193
It's not going to do well. It's the niche of niche games. Over 75% of the people originally interested in it are not going to buy it whether it be not what they wanted or stupid needless censorship. And it's not getting any new fans. People that we're not interested in it are still not interested.
>>
>>341755616
It did bomb. It sold less that any game from either franchise.
>>
>>341755616

It won "best JRPG" from Dengeki with no competition. And the s is unnecessary, that was the only one.

Barely scraping it's way to profitability off the back of merchandising does not a successful video game make.
>>
>Literally Persona 4 for the WiiU
>no Slinks or persona fusing
>>
>>341755086

The story is terrible.

> ACTUAL good J-Pop

kys

No it isn't. SMT has always had relatively basic gameplay, and this one is easy on top of that.
>>
>>341758846
>kys
kill yourself underage faggot
>>
lets ask the real questions here. WHY DO THE CHARACTERS EYES LOOK SO EMPTY AND SOULESS.

Also how fucking small is the mix of people who want to play persona rip offs and people who own a wii U. I can't see how they thought this was a good idea.
>>
>>341755086
The story got censored to an E rating.
>>
TMS >>> P5
solely because subs >>> dubs
who's with me??
>>
>>341759098
fictional characters have no soul
>>
>>341758069
What did this get changed to in the english version? burka mosque?
>>
>>341759293

You're right.

The goal is to make it seem like they do.
>>
>>341755086
>I could give a fuck less if an outfit was edited in a cutscene or some shit
Considering that was plot important it is a big deal.
>>
>>341755086
How shitty is the oficial translation?
do fan sub mods exist? if so I would prefer modding a Japanese ISO so I don't get the whole censorship pack NoA forces onto buyers
>>
>>341759424
They colored all her skin except her face blue.
>>
>>341755086
I wish I could be excited, but it's a matter of principle. This game suffered from some of their most retarded and arbitrary censors so far. I can't put my money on this and give NoA a go to do it again.

They might get the wrong lesson from this, but I don't give a fuck anymore. One day they will need my money and they will start making all the right decisions, then I'll gladly support their shit.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (21 KB, 320x357) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
21 KB, 320x357
>>341755086

Honestly, I was planning on getting Persona 5 and skipping out on TMS, but Persona 5 has been in development hell for what, 3 years now? This seems like a nice enough substitute to hold me over. Looked really nice and stylish when they were showing gameplay of the fights.
>>
Remember all female swimsuits were removed but male swimsuits with visible bulges were left in.
>>
>>341759805
>all female swimsuits were removed
for real?
>>
File: panic.gif (190 KB, 200x381) Image search: [Google]
panic.gif
190 KB, 200x381
>>341755086
>Treehouse was going to get practically no money for localization because there's no english dub
>so instead they tell NoJ that a ton of assets need to be modified because americans can't stand cleavage or some shit
We're in the money
Come on my honey
Let's spend it, lend it, send it rolling around!
>>
>>341759805
>male swimsuits with visible bulges were left in

Good.
>>
>>341759968
Even when it was actually INTEGRAL to the storyline for one of the dungeons
>>
>>341759968
Yes. All female swimsuit costumes were removed but the male ones were left intact.
>>
File: CktoMXrXAAEbOfh.jpg (99 KB, 1200x543) Image search: [Google]
CktoMXrXAAEbOfh.jpg
99 KB, 1200x543
kek
>>
>>341755086
Bill, please.
>>
>>341759805
That's sexist. All or none. They need to check their privilege.
>>
>>341760067
Yeah they changed a dungeon where the message was people who treat gravure modelling as just some pervy obsession are wrong and how it can actually empower women and it is Tsubasa's main character arc dungeon about becoming comfortable with herself into a generic fashion one and destroyed the message.
>>
>>341760263
this HAS to be shopped.
>>
Fucking weeaboos, holy shit

I can't believe there are men out there, actual male human beings, who would non-ironically utter the words "good J-pop", be happy about idols in a game and have the audacity to call their weebshit strategy bullshit "deep" and then brag about how the game is on the shittiest fucking console ever made

I sincerely hope you all get testicular cancer and I hope your fathers have the mental fortitude to not kill themselves over the sons they have
>>
>>341760067
You what's funny about that? In some of the edited pictures tan girls are now pure white.
>>
>>341760835
It's not.

The more work Treehouse has to do to "localize" the more they get payed. Usually the biggest localization effort is a dub, but this game has no english dub, so they made up a bunch of bullshit changes to textures and dungeons
>>
>>341755254
It sold pretty well they already announced a sequel
>>
>>341760632
Treehouse is a den of fujoshits.
>>
Does this game have morning, daytime and night time like in persona 3 and 4?
>>
File: 1465949710741.gif (3 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1465949710741.gif
3 MB, 300x225
>>341755086
>Literally Persona 4 for Wii U
>no social links and you can't even date any of the girls, not even the main one

what the fuck is the point of making a pandering niche game for weebs if you don't even have something like that

this game is going to bomb, and it's probably the only time where i genuinely believe it would've been better off not bringing it anywhere outside japan

>reggie didn't want to localize xenoblade chronicles because he thought it'd be too niche
>greenlights this immediately
>>
>>341761131
>fujoshits
then why no yaoi games localization?
>>
>>341760872
You seem upset.
>>
>>341761279
no
>>
>>341755086
Can't wait for the uncensored patch
>>
Daily reminder that waifushit is a cancer that has ruined more game series than feminists ever have, and should be resisted. Autistic beta waifufags will kick and scream and defend ALL waifushit no matter how bad things get, no matter how terrible the games. If it gets their dick hard: it's great. It doesn't matter to them how fucking awful the game is. They're exactly like furries who will hand over $100 for some piece of shit drawing just because it tickles their fantasies.

Remember, the future these NEETS want is a world full of Senran Kaguras. Dogshit games that get their dicks hard. These people need to go back to their hentai games and leave mainstream vidya alone.
People only interested in a videogame for a waifu, and willing to drop it because of a threat to the waifu content? Why the fuck should these people be catered to when they don't give a shit about the actual GAME? How is this any different to some idiot SJW who will only consider buying a game if it features a gay romance, and will then abandon it the moment it doesn't fall completely in line with what they needed to get their approval? Both waifufags and feminists don't give a shit about anything beyond being pandered to and they both need to fuck off.
>>
>>341758295
It fucking sold less than Maken X and every semi-major game on the WiiU aside from Bomberful 101
>>
>>341761314
They had been hyping up a SMT and Fire Emblem crossover for years
The hole had already been dug to China by the time what it actually was had been revealed
>>
>>341755086
>Atlus isn't force feeding us a dub, instead we get superior Japanese audio with the lead talents such as Inori Minase at the helm
good thing
> Idols
bad thing
> Fire Emblem nods
good thing
> Literally Persona 4 for Wii U
wrong
> ACTUAL good J-Pop
wrong
> Colorful as fuckkk
good thing
good thing
> EXCLUSIVE: No fucking PC ports, or console exclusivity for a short time: ONLY on Wii U
bad thing

4/8, average.
>>
>>341761547
SJW please, like your opinions matter more than anyone else's.
>>
>>341760997
new design is stupid, it doesn't even look good. I mean, it's a wedding dress, why fuck with it?

I guess they do think they need to do something if they get paid. Nintendo localization team is goofing around again
>>
>>341761813
>I guess they do think they need to do something if they get paid
No, no, they don't get a flat budget for localization, they give NoJ an invoice. The more they change the more cash they get.
>>
>>341761728
>waifufags and sjw suck and should fuck off already
>w-well ur a sjw
???
>>
>>341760997
Considering WiiU hacking is a thing and you just play upacked ISO dumps, how hard would it be to just replace all the files they changed by the original ones in the Japanese release?
>>
>>341760263
They could have added the tranparent fabric to the chest area and I would not have cared, but they went with the 4kids-tier butchery. It looks totally retarded now. Have they never seen a wedding dress before?
>>
>>341759457
explain which censorship affected the plot
im curious for real here.
>>
>>341762063
In all likelihood there will be a fan-translated version of the original JP iso.

I haven't checked but I wouldn't be surprised if one already existed.
>>
>>341755086
probably because this game has a lot of singing and shit in it
how the hell would they dub that?
>>
>>341761930
this seems like a really bad contract.

Did they localize Destinies the same way? Did they get paid to cut the content out? Or was a different studio?
>>
>>341761314
>No games coming out
>NoJ says they closed a deal with atlus for a crossover between FE and SMT but no other information is given
>NoA runs this vague information though marketing to try to make customers stay/buy more consoles so they can play SMTxFE later on
>keep hyping up with misleading trailers using past games assets
>people get into it
>Game is finally ready and Atlus shows what they have been working so far
>Weebfest 2016 the weebening
>NoA has to publish it since they cannot afford to lose any other game
>>
>>341762063

There are already people looking into this.
>>
>>341755086
I cancelled my order a while back. Was interested but all the censorship, plot alterations, and general fuck ups made an average looking game into a bad one. Shame, because I haven't turned on my WIi U in a year and a half.
>>
How many things will moe/idol culture ruin before it is satisfied?
>>
>>341762001
Waifushit is nowhere near as destructive to video games as SJW are. You may not like waifushit, but at least see that it isn't just as bad as downright censorship.
>>
>>341762249
See >>341760667
>>
>>341755254
It didn't sell well but the people who got it said it was good.
>>
File: 57453381_p7.jpg (563 KB, 678x921) Image search: [Google]
57453381_p7.jpg
563 KB, 678x921
Here's what you fuckers should do, the real Operation Kowashitai.

Buy the #FE special edition

Leave it in the box and put it in a nice shelf in your room since collectors editions are always nice

Pirate the JP version and replace the text files with the ones from the English release.

There, easy shit. Piracy on the Wii U is possible for anyone, no excuse not to.
>>
>>341763590
Can't I just skip to Step 3?
>>
>>341763590
How about just importing the JP release to show NoA that you don't want none of that bullshit
You will still have to pirate a translated JP ISO, or dump from your own disk and mod it
>>
>>341763590
>Don't want to support shitty localization/censorship
>"Just buy the most expensive version, that will show them!"

Really?
>>
>>341763790
No god damn it, you can't just skip steps, your Wii U will explode.

>>341763797
That's also acceptable. Wii U is region locked though(for the moment) so you wouldn't be able to play if you have a NA/EU system. And NA/EU has something of a bigger amount of system owners so the difference in sales will probably be noticeable.
>>341764053
Then just import the JP version like the other anon said. I'm saying not to support the censorship, but to support the game itself, which is awful because doing one means doing the other, what an awful world we live in.

Buy the merch too, it's good.
>>
>>341764273
>>341763590

Is this what actual shilling looks like?
>>
>>341760997
>but this game has no english dub
Doesn't this mean the game is absolutely 100% guaranteed to fail then? I know it already had low sales in Japan but not having an English dub track is suicide.
>>
>>341763590
I'm just going to be lazy about it and wait for someone else to do it. Ripping the subs and putting it on the JP version is inevitable.
>>
>>341763590
The Jap version was also censored, familia.
>>
>>341761314
Pii U has like 3 fucking games coming this year, including this one. Wii in 2010 was still pretty ballin' desu.
I loved my wii and DS, but Nintendo has dropped the ball so hard on the 3DS and specially the Wii U. They can get fucked. I will not be buying the NX for a long time.
>>
>>341764593
No it wasn't.
>>
>>341764273
WiiU is not region locked if you hacked it, and since you need it to be to do step 3, why buy the NA disk then
Also, if you are buying for shelf decoration, why the fuck would you need to buy the North American release? Are your shelves region locked or something?
Fucking shill

Want to support Atlus? buy the Japanese version
Just want to play the game? pirate a translated JP version
>>
TMS will be awesome indeed but I wouldn't compare it to persona 4, this one has actual dungeons

>directed by creator of SJ
>follow-up attacks like in SJ
>actual effort put into the j-pop theme
>all those skill slots
>colorful and well-designed dungeons
>>
>>341755086
>Atlus isn't force feeding us a dub, instead we get superior Japanese audio
I'm sure all you shitposting weeb faggots here are going to stick to your guns and pick it up just for this.
>>
>>341761930
That seems really unlikely in a world where it was the nips that shitcanned Project HAMMER and sentenced NST to an eternity of Mini Marios.
>>
>>341764383
Yes.

Honestly if people don't want to buy the game, that's fine, but really it gets too much hate for the dumbest reasons. Most people who have actually played the game say the gameplay is good, and that's what matters. Not to say story and music and so on aren't important, but everyone is so hung up on "but Nintendo LITERALLY betrayed me by not giving me that thing I imagined 3 years ago, plus they killed my dog" or they're hung up on the J-Pop theme, which while pretty prevalent isn't that cringe worthy honestly and makes the game pretty funny sometimes, and it gets serious when it needs to as well. Censorship while annoying also seems to be getting focused on just recently as kind of a new thing to get hung up on and detracts from focusing on the game itself.

Basically, don't buy it if you don't want to, but give the game a chance at least. If only demos were a thing for it.

>>341764590
I think the only thing you'll have to do is transfer some files over from one US download to a JP one, not really sure.
>>341764593
Kirias thing was before it was even released, but yeah, that was changed.
>>341764758
"hacking" at this point for the Wii U really only means running some files off the SD card so I didn't know you can buypass regionlock. Good to know, buy the JP version then.
>>
>>341764438
NoA probably wants it to fail. That guy who got fired for doing an interview mentioned how embarassed they were that Xenoblade ended up profitable when they insisted there was no North American market.
>>
>>341765112
Region Lock is not hardware based like it was in the cartridge era, its just a software check made by the game boot sequence
Get a dumping homebrew of your liking, insert the disk, select dump to SD card and presto, whatever was in the disk is now in the SD card, regardless if the system wouldn't play it on the regular dashboard

Now that the files are dumped in the SD card, fire up loadiine and just play the game
>>
File: 1444262159914.jpg (55 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1444262159914.jpg
55 KB, 640x360
>>341762485
They could hire professional singers to do the "singing" voice for all the main characters, like they do for other Japanese games where singing is important, e.g. Fire Emblem Fates.

It'd be absolutely fucking insane at the scale TMS works with since half the party members are professional singers, and beyond that every character has at least one vocal song, but still plausible if they were working with a larger budget that wasn't Treehouse getting checks signed by Nintendo's Yakuza enforcers.
>>
>>341756193
This game flopped hard in Japan. I can't imagine great sales here.
>>
This game really did not need the censorship. Nothing in the game warranted the changes and not to the extent of this >>341760263. I agree with >>341765313 in that NoA probably wanted this game to fail.
>>
>>341765627
Like 5 American VAs can actually sing for shit, and they are either over expensive (troy baker for example can sing but charges a fuckload it) or just don't fit the characters

Meanwhile being able to sing is like almost mandatory for Japanese VAs
>>
>>341756193
It has no English dub. It's going to flop hard.
>>
>>341765772
And it's even more niche over here than in Japan and the censorship lost them at least half their sales.
>>
>>341765579
Good to know
>>341765627
>translating 18 full Jpop songs into English
Even if they could do that with a good budget, I would not want to hear that.
>>341765903
Most likely honestly, it seems NoA only cares about Zelda or Mario, nothing niche is allowed to exist.
>>
>>341765903
It might be better to say they've constructed a win-win scenario for themselves. If the game fails, they can point to it whenever Nintendo asks them to localize anything other than a mainline surefire Mario hit. If the game succeeds, they can point to it whenever they need to justify their censorship policies, either to fans or to the accountants back in Japan.
>>
>>341765952
Lack of eng dub is not the biggest problem for its sales, if it was not censored but still sub only, weebs would buy it, fans would buy it, some mislead normalfags would buy it
Look at freedom Wars on the vita and the Yakuza series past 1, no dubs but still do ok
Now there is no market for the game
Weebs wont buy it, most normalags wont buy it, some fans might buy it
This shit is doomed hard
>>
>>341766118
They cared enough to make a lot of pointless changes.
>>
>>341766339
See
>>341766212
>>
>>341766339
They cared about their wallets
>>
>>341755396
>bombed
>gets top reviews everywhere
>proceed to lie your teeth off and say it got "middling scores"

it has 4.5/5 stars on Amazon.jp.

if something has a score like that on Amazon japan, its a fucking masterpiece.
>>
>>341766212

Sadly this is the reality. NoA wants all non-mario and zelda games to fail. It's fucking criminal how bad they threat other IPs. I'll buy this game so I'm doing my part, but it's likely not going to do well. Which sucks because I'm confident it's a good game, it definitely deserves to sell more than Ultra Trash and [3d zelda] HD, but it won't because nintendrones are the worst and so is NoA.
>>
>>341766685
It did bomb.
Those who bought it liked it, but not a lot if people bought it.
>>
>>341766854
>love Nintendo
>love their mainline games like Zelda, Mario, etc
>but fucking hate their stupid way of handling new IPs or third party shit

Not even trying to go maximum overweeb, but if only I was in Japan, NoJ handles their shit better. Import masterrace I guess.
>>
Reminder that Cia is allowed to dress as scantily as she wants and talk about how she wants to sex up a teenage Link throughout their game but young adults in the entertainment and idol industry can't wear bikinis or show cleavage.
>>
>people still spreading the meme that it's bad
Jesus, everyone who made impressions said it ranged from good to amazing.
>>
>>341767196
Treehouse girls are also allowed to parade Link around shirtless and ogle him on a live broadcast but wedding dresses that show skin are absolutely haram
>>
>>341767296
We are mostly saying it won't sell and that it had bad sales in japan, which it did.
>>
>>341767770
Lots of people seem to perpetuate the idea that "low sales = bad game" or just flat out lie and say people didn't like the game, like
>>341755396
>>
File: 1465630000820.png (38 KB, 499x338) Image search: [Google]
1465630000820.png
38 KB, 499x338
>>341767296
>the 10 people that bought it and biased reviewers said that it was amazing
>>
>>341764438
An English dub would be essentially impossible, and the game is so niche that having the JP dub might actually help sales as oppose to hurt it.

As for why an English dub is next-to-impossible, there's a shitload of singing and while you can sing whatever the fuck you want with no concern for rhyme scheme in Japanese (since all phenomes end in vowels), singing in english without a rhyme scheme sounds fucking stupid.
>>
>>341755086
I wish IS stepped in and said "this isnt what you showed at first" but they're so fucking out of touch recently it truly shows in paper jam
>>
>>341755996
It won dengeki award best rpg 2015
>>341769025
Actually it's the opposite IS told atlus that they can't make game that IS can make themselves i.e srpg like majin tensei
>>
>>341755086
>Idols
>literally persona 4 for Wii U
>no demons

That's why I won't buy this shit. Atlus lost the chance of making a true SMT x Fire Emblem with medieval warriors fighting demons/nocturne gameplay or something like Project X Zone with the two franchises.
>>
>>341769924
Actually atlus want to make one but IS and Nintendo won't let them
>>
>>341755086
>> EXCLUSIVE: No fucking PC ports, or console exclusivity for a short time: ONLY on Wii U
GREAT. I hate having more people play my beloved games.
>>
>>341755086
>EXCLUSIVE: No fucking PC ports, or console exclusivity for a short time: ONLY on dying Wii U
Another reason people won't get it.
>>
>literally Persona 4

that's not a good thing

also this game is censored to hell so who gives a fuck
>>
How can anyone be excited for this game?
It's localized too much for weebs but not enough for normies.
I've never seen a game more designed for no one than this one right here.
>>
>>341759768
>game has been developing with new gameplay and trailers shown on a monthly basis
>development hell
you are fucking retarded.
>>
File: dubya shrug.jpg (43 KB, 562x420) Image search: [Google]
dubya shrug.jpg
43 KB, 562x420
>>341772321
the gameplay looks fun and I like the colorful artstyle
>>
>>341755616
Dengeki gave KanColle awards.
>>
>>341769924
this
what a wasted potential

To think I was gonna but a wii u just for this game
>>
>>341755086
I was planning to buy a wii u just for this game.
But they fucked up so bad.

Not even worth playing on an eventual wii u emulator, what a complete garbage
Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.