[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of Rockstar?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: rockstar-1024x1024.png (65 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
rockstar-1024x1024.png
65 KB, 1024x1024
What does /v/ think of Rockstar?
>>
File: 1466178741554.png (497 KB, 594x598) Image search: [Google]
1466178741554.png
497 KB, 594x598
Pretty consistent
>>
>>341753959
inb4 contrarians
>>
>>341753959
they take a long ass time to release games and when they do they are always fun
>>
>>341753959
Used to make great games but can now live soly on microtransactions
>>
even their pingpong game was fun
>>
>>341753959
Can get away with anything because its "Ironic"

Still make pretty great games though.
And although Shark Cards are the biggest jewery since the middle east, its still better than paid DLC.
>>
>>341753959
lazy bunch of cucks
>>
>>341755790
it wasnt always like this, they were pretty consistent during 6th gen (at least one game came out per year during 2000-2005) but times have changed i guess
>>
>>341753959
One of the best out there but stuck in a rut with multiplayer and story elements.
I'm irritated they don't push for something for more unique and less casual but dat GTA money

Probably release the only games which I feel are worth full retail price.
>>
>>341753959
Literally put out the most replayable and consistently popular game of the past half decade.
Consisntently dropping gems, gtav, red dead, max payne

Own literally the best open world game franchise.

They are a top tier goat studio, that only drops a game every 5 years or so, and it's always fucking worth it. Literally the best top selling ever.

GTAV is the only game with so much content it's actually worth 60 dollars.

All times greats, and this is exactly why /v/ will always try to downplay their achievements, but it's not like it matters because numbers don't lie.
>>
Love their writing, love their focus on atmosphere, love their games.

One of my three favourite developers
>>
>>341753959
They know that it takes time to make a fun game instead of shitting out crappy games every year for the short term money. And I respect them for that.
>>
they're generally a good developer but i think they've gotten a little lazy, buying into their own hype

GTA5 heists took a year to launch, a year is inexcusable. clearly it wasn't done and they hyped their game with it as a feature, if it was EA or Activision we would be killing them for it, deservedly so. yet R* gets a pass?

also there were steps backwards in GTA5 compared to 4 with the physics and other animations, remember the euphoria hype? that being said GTA4 was very boring and that goes back to the taking themselves soooper siriuz hollywood immurshun. they seemed to fix that in 5, but i am skeptical about 6, scripted gameplay needs to be thrown out the window, it'll be 2018 when we get a new GTA, can't have that then
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.