[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About to play this for the first time, what should I expect?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6
File: ogre.jpg (712 KB, 1504x1504) Image search: [Google]
ogre.jpg
712 KB, 1504x1504
About to play this for the first time, what should I expect?

SRPG Thread
>>
>>341751336
One of the most idiotic crafting systems you'll ever see in any game. After a point you'll just start savescumming because crafting anything takes forever (since you can't craft several items in one go, you have to make them one by one) and you don't want it to fail after wasting your time, that's why I highly recommend you get a 100% success rate cheat code so you don't want to shoot yourself every time you need to craft something even slightly advanced. Pretty good game otherwise, maybe a bit too easy.
>>
File: image.png (986 KB, 1073x556) Image search: [Google]
image.png
986 KB, 1073x556
>>341751336

>hey guys, I just bought a taco
>the taco is right here in front of me
>I'm about to eat the taco
>but first, what do you all think about tacos?
>what can I expect from this taco?

These are literally the worst threads on /v/. Starting a discussion thread while stating you haven't even played the game yet is LESS than worthless. You're basically priming your own view of the game with all of /v/'s shitty canned memes.

Please close your browser immediately, go play the fucking game for yourself, then come back and make a thread when you actually have something to talk about.
>>
>>341752712
>These are literally the worst threads on /v/
No they're not. At least they're still videogames related.
>>
>>341752712
>food analogies

Why don't you just fuck off
>>
File: 1463873934998.jpg (32 KB, 540x502) Image search: [Google]
1463873934998.jpg
32 KB, 540x502
>>341752110
Sounds good

>>341752712
Thanks for adding to the topic, and thanks for the (OP)
>>
File: 4_195.jpg (32 KB, 433x430) Image search: [Google]
4_195.jpg
32 KB, 433x430
>>341751336
You can either go through the game blind and miss every single encounter, wait until end-game where you can replay sections you hadnt done to see what would happen. Or
Play with a guide for some extra dialogue, events and characters. Archers are really good in this games, same goes for daggers/knives, as they both count your str AND dex for damage.
You level up clases instad of characters, the more same classes you have in a fight, the more xp do they get.
>>
File: food analogies.jpg (453 KB, 800x619) Image search: [Google]
food analogies.jpg
453 KB, 800x619
>>341752712
>>
>>341752110
Honestly, the crafting is such shit you are better off simply cheating with one of the 100% success/infinite matieral codes once you get to the point stores stop stocking level equivalent gear. Otherwise you are going to spend dozens of hours just making fucking ingots and sheets, over and over again, not even playing the fucking game.

Whoever thought that shit was a good idea was a sadist.
>>
>>341753475
>You level up clases instad of characters, the more same classes you have in a fight, the more xp do they get.

Important to note you can very easily fuck yourself over because of this. If you use say, 8 archers to steamroll everything for most of the game, you will be so overleveled in the end you won't be able to buy any gear your characters should actually be using at that level, making the game incredibly difficult.
>>
>>341753935
Yeah you can do that, it's probably smarter too. I only did the 100% success rate thing because it essentially saves the time I would spend reloading the game every time. My autism flares up when I cheat too much in games.
>>
File: 1445766807447.jpg (443 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1445766807447.jpg
443 KB, 1920x1080
Canopus with a 2h crossbow can literally carry you through like 90% of missions because he can blitz across the map in like two turns and snipe the enemy leader.
So you may wanna hold off on having him do that because it'll cause your classes to end up underleveled since they won't be getting sufficient XP.

Also, projectiles will be blocked by terrain and other units (friendly and enemy).
Bows fire their shots in a parabolic arc. A lesser known fact is that Bows can also shoot further than their marked range. So having a height advantage allows you to shoot pretty far. But you have to feel out the distance as there is no indicator whether or not the arrow will actually fly far enough.
Crossbows fire in a straight line and can only shoot as far as their marked range.

On another note, literally every SRPG needs to adopt the Tarrot system. Legal savescumming is magical.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.