[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>You don't have a CQC fight with volgin while snake eater
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 249
Thread images: 28
File: vo.png (184 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
vo.png
184 KB, 500x281
>You don't have a CQC fight with volgin while snake eater starts playing in the background

FUCK YOU KOJIMA, THERE IS LITERALLY NO POINT WITH THE MAN ON FIRE, HE DOES NOTHING AND GETS STOMPED ON. 1 GOOD BOSSFIGHT WAS ALL I WANTED. JUST ONE YOU HACK FUCK
>>
The bossfight with him was pretty good.
>>
>>341745850
>douse him and jump in the chopper
No. I mustve got about 3 or 4 helicopters shot down just trying to open the pause menu quick enough to order one and jump in it before he reignited>>341745850
>>
>>341745731
>Volgin will never CQC you
JUST TO SUFFER
>>
>You don't have a CQC fight with anyone

Fight against Machete Skulls being the closest thing
>>
>>341746024

Didn't beat him hard enough then. I threw him into the pool of water and I'm pretty sure he didn't come back.
>>
File: sw8.png (111 KB, 417x234) Image search: [Google]
sw8.png
111 KB, 417x234
>>341746375
>playing the crashed chopper mission on extreme

Most fun i had with the game, the closest to a satisfying bossfight
>>
Hideo sabotaged his own games by purposely illegally making games with Konamis time, money, and intellectual properties with out their permission in order to get fired.

Hideo ruined mgsv
>>
>>341747356
>MGSV can't just be underwhelming
>it was all a ruse!

Occam's Broom, kojimadrone.
>>
>>341745731
The whole point of MGSV was literally BLUEBALLING: THE GAME
>>
I have long since given up on trying to figure out why anything about MGS V is the way it is. It seems like it was deliberately made and advertised in a way that made it as anticlimactic as possible. Maybe it's some sort of commentary on... something.
>>
File: 1419019988136.gif (744 KB, 245x300) Image search: [Google]
1419019988136.gif
744 KB, 245x300
>>341745731
>Kojima puts in a CQC fight with Volgin and snake eater's theme
>WAAAH KOJIMA YOU HACK YOU JUST RECYCLED THE FINAL FIGHT OF MGS4.
>>
>>341746375

If you don't have a CQC fight with The Boss you're a casual cuckold.
>>
Why did no one like the Sally fight? I though it was great. Running down the side of a mountain firing rockets, jumping into to tanks and shit.

Was pretty tense, I really enjoyed it. The crashed heli fight was shit.

Just hop in D-Walker and apply minigun.
>>
>>341747356
>without their permission
he was vp
his own permission WAS "their permission"
>>
>>341747950
I was talking about TPP.
Of course I CQC'd The Boss, what kind of idiot tries shooting her?
>>
>>341747060
>Bring Quiet with upgraded sniper rifle
>Mission finished in less than 10 minutes
>>
>>341747356
So he was doing the same with Mgs 4 and peace walker too?
>>
>>341748076
Yup, i really liked both the quiet and salensomething fight. The 2 boss fights that's in the game is really good, the problem is that the longest and most free metal gear game does not take advantage of all the TECHNOLOGY! Too do some real cool shit. Imagine a boss fight on horseback racing through the whole of afghanistan, or a sniper fight that literally takes weeks
>>
>>341748076
Would've been better if the mission area was bigger, imo.
>>
>>341745850

The thing is, the second encounter with him had the makings of a final bossfight. And guess what, cutscene and nothing happens.

The disappointment I felt at that moment is something I find hard to describe.
>>
I am playing the game right now. My only question so far, is D-dog supposed to be completely overpowered?
>>
>>341750202

Yes and no. All of the companions make most parts of the game ridiculously easy, but don't work well at all in certain situations.
>>
>>341750202
All the companions are.
>>
>>341747950
CQC is maybe the easiest and quickest way to win that battle once you get the timing down, though.
>>
>>341750024
There was likely more planned for Volgin, I mean they fucking kept his body around for no reason and it's never explained really why

The game clearly is unfinished and reworked from what they had done to put it in some sellable state.
>>
>>341745731
lol I never played again after rescuing Huey.
Game fucking sux.

I admit the gameplay is good but there's not fucking story telling, no codec, and no sense of progression besides the mind numbing grinding of fultoning soldiers.
>>
>>341748076
It's fine, I just wish it wasn't the final boss 10 hours before the game ends
>>
>>341748076
The first encounter with Sally was literal nightmare fuel for me
First time i had a vidya related nigtmare in years
>>
>>341750202
Yes. I love D dog but man is he ever a crutch
>>
>>341750674

Yeah, that's what I gathered. Still hurts.
>>
For a while I was under the impression that Kojima was a director god, but as time goes on it really does seem like he's a hack.

Wasn't there supposedly some writer that was present for most of the MGS games then left right when they got shitty? Also

>MGSV shit story
>Kojima blew all the money and time on his husbando Kiefer Sutherland and Dutch whore

>Death Stranding looks like some 2deep4u movie poster

Most people think he's awesome, but is Kojima actually the problem?
>>
>>341750674
I was so sure he'd be the boss on the base and you'd have to finish him off once and for all by dunking him into the ocean.
>>
>>341750935
I will trust Kojima forever. Even if he is a hack.
>>
>>341750935
I don't feel like MGS 5 itself is a bad game, I feel like it's severely unfinished. In that respect, I don't think Kojima is a hack so much as he needs an editor and someone who'll control his spending to the actual game.
>>
>>341750935
>Your production company hobbles your project and development progress because you are against the company reforming into a gambling conglomerate
>Documented proof of Konami constantly inhibiting development by shuffling around development staff, arbitrarily reassigning them, and reassigning emails bi-weekly
>Project receives less than its projected budget and has its release window slashed

More like the other guy working on the stories got the fuck out because he saw what Konami was doing and didn't want to get trashed like they tried to do Kojima. Not saying the guy can do no wrong, but the game is obviously an unfinished mess cut up and pieced back together in an attempt to have something workable.
>>
>>341750935
The games after MGS3 have a lot of issues in terms of both game design and story, but it's still Kojima's creative direction that MG1-MGS3 reflect. He isn't a hack. The series just ran it's course a long time ago, and he seemed to struggle with synthesizing his ideas with Metal Gear.
>>
>>341745731
I forgot Volgin was the man on fire.

Now that a few months have passed, it's really crazy how forgettable MGS 5 was for me.

Fuck.
>>
I didn't need a CQC fight with him, but having no real boss fight (the thing where you run away doesn't count) is probably the single biggest missed opportunity of the game.
>>
>>341750719
This, sadly.
Gameplay is tight as fuck and feels good but the rest of the game is disappointing.
>>
>>341750202
Trying to make it through some areas was so exciting without D-Dog.
>>
>>341750980
Same, something like he absorbs the skulls parasites and regenerates and becomes a mixture of Volgin and the Senator from Rising
>>
>the fucking ride in the jeep with Skully

wtf
>>
>>341750935
>Kojima blew all the money and time on his husbando Kiefer Sutherland and Dutch whore

It's amazing how /v/eddit unironically thinks a C-lister who is only known for a TV show and a literally-who foreign model in Japan who only appeared in restaurant menus cost 80 million.
>>
Since Shitface was busy revelling against Zero, why did he bother doing the Ground Zeroes events at all?
What did he stand to gain by getting BB's attention?
>>
File: 47 okay.png (235 KB, 435x423) Image search: [Google]
47 okay.png
235 KB, 435x423
>Ocelot doesn't do anything the entire game except try to be the voice of reason and torture Huey.

THE ENEMY GUNSHIP
>>
>>341750935
He blew his time and money developing the best game engine of all time, not paying a washed up TV actor to say 10 lines.
>>
>>341752519
>wtf
Greetings, Reddit.
>>
BOSS, GIT DOWN
>>
>>341752763
The pirate crackdown was a-go
>>
>>341753109
Eh, you're right. JUST would've looked better there.
>>
>>341752519
I laughed out loud when sins of the father started playing and venom and skullface just stared at each other for 3 mins
>>
>>341751247
>>341751481
>>341751650
>>341751732
>>341752684

Hm. Thanks for the level-headed answers. I'll probably think about this some more and maybe give Kojima another chance.

>>341752684

Idk, personally a lot of people I've talked to at least know who Kiefer Sutherland is, and many loved 24. He might be more expensive than you're giving him credit for.

>>341753105

Is it worth it if the game engine is so excellent if the game that utilities it is underwhelming?
>>
>>341750024
>The disappointment I felt at that moment is something I find hard to describe.

This.

People keep memeing about how much of a disaster no mission 51 is. The real disaster was no Volgin final fight.

The game blatantly builds up to a third and final encounter. First you fight him on horseback, second time on ground, and you escape him both times. To me it's extremely obvious that the third encounter would be a combination of the two. BUT NOPE. He just gets run over and disappears LEL.
>>
Anyone else think the whole Skulls thing was total shit?
>>
File: MGS Final Bosses.png (1000 KB, 990x628) Image search: [Google]
MGS Final Bosses.png
1000 KB, 990x628
When will they learn that a one-on-one duel against your rival or mentor is always more fun and satisfying than fighting a giant monster?
>>
>>341753115
THE ENEMY SNIPER...

STAY LOW AND CRAWL ALONG THE GROUND, THAT SHOULD ENABLE YOU TO SNEAK PAST ENEMIES.

this shit is forever burned into my brain
>>
>>341745731
>hurr I just want repeats of my specific favorite mgs

This really explains why the game gets such a bad rap around here
>>
Why was he even alive? What was his purpose in the game? MGSV was so fucking forgettable.
>>
>>341752954
The only time he was in-character was that one part where he left Huey lying on the needle of the metal-acid. That felt like something a sadist would do.

Then for some reason, he's the only character who has a problem with Quiet being tortured, despite him being a sadist.
>>
>>341753387
Add to that the fact that Kojima is a creative, like his games or not, if you make a creative work against his own will, even more, you force him to do the same things over and over, he just stops losing motivation.
That's why MGS started shifting it's focus from story to gameplay, he was bored to death of the franchise and tried to do new things in the sandbox of this franchise.

The same happened to Christopher Nolan, all his movies are different because he likes doing different shit all the time, that's why The Dark Knight Rises was so mediocre compared to TDK and Batman Begins.

Regardless of thinking he's a hack or anything, if you want these kind of people to work at their fullest, just let them do their thing as they want.
>>
>>341753658
SUCH A LUST FOR REVENGE
>>
File: 146874156878.jpg (694 KB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
146874156878.jpg
694 KB, 3840x2160
>1 year later
>Kojimadrones still rolling around in a puddle of their own tears
This is why MGSV was GOTY.
>>
>>341753658
muh revenge
>>
>>341747356
If anything hideo got fucked when PT came out
>>
>>341753829
i will never not be mad, on my deathbed the last thing i will whisper to my grandchildren is

>"Mgs V was a disappointment"
>>
>>341753829
There truly is nothing wrong with MGSV. There needs to be some incentive for replayablity like NG+ though.
>>
>>341753510
So.. every game except Peace Walker and 5
>>
>>341745731
>criticizing the developer for an incomplete game the publisher forced them to release early
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah
>>
>>341753829
It's GOTY because it was so mediocre that people still haven't gotten over it?
>>
>>341754109
It's GOTY because it has destroyed the worst fanbase /v/ has ever known.
>>
>>341754162
What does MGSV have to do with the Undertale fanbase?
>>
>>341754301
The Undertale fanbase died months ago.
Kojimadrones are a thing in 2016 even though he hasn't done any decent game since 2005.
>>
>start writing games influenced by hideo
>become a big dev
>Meet Hideo
>Punch him in the face, and then befriend him as is the style in america
>people ask me why I did that
>ask them to ask me why I started writing games
>all for revenge
>>
>>341745731
>CQC with a phantom ghost

you have shitter ideas than a hack kojima
>>
>>341754449
>ywn get plastic surgery to become Venom Kojima
>>
>>341754369
I love the kojima is a hack meme
>>
>>341754449
>Not shooting him

What kind of american are you?
>>
>>341753109
Fuck off
>>
Everyone agrees that Kaz is the only good thing kojima has done since mgs 3 right?
>>
File: tarantino.jpg (73 KB, 748x433) Image search: [Google]
tarantino.jpg
73 KB, 748x433
>>341745731
When Volgin is in that cage on Motherbase, it seems like hes still alive. There was probably more to happen but Konami shut his ass down
>>
>>341745731
What would have been the point? You're not actually Vic Vos
>>
>>341754530
>Venom uses his phantom arm to punch volgin

This is a great idea
>>
>>341755332
The ending of the fight would have been the cut scene when he realises you are not the biggest boss
>>
>>341755226
He is still alive games mechanics while. Pointing weapons at him makes them react like it is a living target.
But that could just an oversight since the game isn't finish anyway.

Maybe were could have gotten a buddy volgin that could ride the battle gear.
>>
>>341754530
>ghost
>but water affects him
He is just a pissed off bitch that is lit on fire.
>>
File: volgin.png (209 KB, 410x384) Image search: [Google]
volgin.png
209 KB, 410x384
>Volgin didn't punch you in the stomach and make you puke.
>You can't scare ghost Volgin with frogs.
>Ocelot is a useless character that loiters around Mother Base instead of being a legendary soldier in his own right.
>Ocelot didn't duel Skull Face in high noon despite their cowboy theme.
>Snake didn't ride with Ocelot on horseback and act as bandits disrupting Soviet convoys while a Western music plays.
>You still don't have your own Metal Gear and have it used on missions.

This game is built on unfulfilled potential.
>>
>>341753115
BOSS THAT A FREAKIN' PEACH
>>
>>341753667
He's just on his best behaviour because he's finally working for Boss-Senpai
>>
>>341754641
Same.
>kojima is a hack!
>but I dont like any other modern video games either!

These are the same people that hate every major series and every indie game
>>
>>341745731
Why almost all the boss fights were bullet sponge style.
Why there wasn't a gimmick like in previous games? Even MGS4 had two with Rex vs Ray and Snake vs Ocelot
>>
File: mgsvtpp 2015-10-01 17-31-27-41.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
mgsvtpp 2015-10-01 17-31-27-41.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1440
>>341748368
>needing anything but your fat sniper in that mission
best "boss" fight to fuck around in though
>>
>>341756383
If I want hours of mindless grinding, I would play one of the many jrpgs that being put on steam.

I wanted good metal gear game.
>>
>>341750935
I agree.
MGS V made me see the hack he was and I was in full denial the whole game until de plot twist made me react.
It's amazing how far the quality drop from mgs 1, 2, 3 with Fukushima and Kojima to mgs4, PW and V with just Kojima
>>
>>341756774
>MGS V made me see the hack he was
I don't think you actually have any clue what you're talking about.
>>
File: 1339725565860.jpg (25 KB, 486x365) Image search: [Google]
1339725565860.jpg
25 KB, 486x365
>>341750202

Just wait till you get a silenced tranq rifle on Quiet.

>Sit down in comfy spot outside base
>"Fire at will!"
>Go make a sandwich
>Return and stride at your leisure through the suddenly very silent base
>Bonus points if you ship Quiet out, ship D-Dog back in, and have him fulton everyone for you too
>>
>>341748076
Firing rockets at it while riding D-horse was rad as fuck
>>
>>341757161
Yes I do. For a long time Inwas one of the biggest Kojimadrones and around the first 10 hours i felt something was wrong but I keep telling myself it was just my imagination. The game was going to get better and after the plot twist I went even in more denialfollowing the ruse cruise and in the end it was nothing.
>>
>>341757579
So you don't believe that Konami forced Kojima to continue making Metal Gear games?
Because it makes all the sense in the world to me.
>>
>>341757579
>and in the end it was nothing.
In the end you were playing an unfinished game, you ignorant twat.
>>
>>341757779
Sure. I think we all know that(mgs4 is a clear example) but according to him PW restored his love on the saga and he wanted to work again (and I liked PW a lot) but once again Kojima is just like Lucas he has good ideas but he fails at development. Not only that but usually takes too close the critics against his games
>>341757894
Because is incomplete I should forgive Kojima? Most of the problems on MGS V were already there on PW or MGS4 like the spongebullet bosses and other problems. Clearly working so long for Konami he must knew the kind of situayion he was getting by making mgs v. Sure Konami is guilty of a lot but doesn't make Kojima innocent
>>
That trailer bros. but I agree mgsv shouldn't have earned as much as it did, too much broken promises. But I love the game cause it's so unique, but I definitely think the whole open world shit was Unsuccesful and undeveloped. Snake should've been weak as hell and just dropped into the battlefield, and literally build from the ground up in afghan or Africa taking over some PMC base before moving out to his water fob. Just that change would've made much more use of the open world nature and really grow you relationship with the game. The game just never had that mystic feel to it like you could tell the secs started to hate playing it at most points. It just kinda seemed like a bag of objectives was shaken up and we got some random gameplay elements from it all sparked out. I still love mission 34 and I'm working on a speed run.
>>
>>341758373
>Clearly working so long for Konami he must knew the kind of situayion he was getting by making mgs v
Just because he was being forced to make the game doesn't mean he didn't want to make it a good one.
Kojima cares about his games and video games as a medium.
And yes, you should forgive Kojima. Because he didn't force the game out before completion.
None of us know what the game would've been like had it been completed. What we got is just what Konami forced on us.
And by the way, anyone who says MGSV didn't have the best controls in the franchise is talking out their ass.
>>
>>341758712
MGS v didn't ha d a lot of the features mgs4 like searching enemies the different kind of crawling, different CQC with different weapons. It was a step back in that regard.
Kojima tried to make an open world knowing Konami would force him to realize the game before (even GZ was a red flag of this). Konami itself just see mgs like another IP and doesn't care more than silent hill. Kojima working 20 years on konami and didn't know the kind of problems he was going to face?
Sounds absurd. Kojima had his part of fault and just like James Rolfe did with the ghosbusters I refuse to buy any of his new material.
And for my side I'm not going to forgive him for MGS 4 and V.
If you still love his work and mgs v that's fine. I just don't believe in him anymore and hated his recent games. That's just my opinion
>>
File: 1457991535105.jpg (18 KB, 315x362) Image search: [Google]
1457991535105.jpg
18 KB, 315x362
>you will never be hyped for this again
>you will never see another E3 trailer for this for the first time
>you will never read people's insane theories
>no more Quiet=Chico trannychasers
>no more Hayterfags bursting in to duke it out with Keiferfags
>no more daily Joosten threads
>the insane metagame involving Kojima 'being fired ;)' from Konami never ended up happening, he was just fired
>you will never go back to a time before this game came out
I say this to myself, about so many different things, every day, every night, every afternoon:

I want to go back.
>>
>>341750825
Same here, the scale and sounds are so unnerving
>>
>>341750315
>>341750374

What is overpowered about the horse?
>>
>>341750825
>>341760339

This, one of the scariest moments in vidya for me, for every missed opportunity V has it also has it's amazing and unique moments
>>
>>341750825
It reminded me of those nightmares I used to have as a kid where something huge is looking for you.
>>
File: 1459283511982.jpg (72 KB, 632x798) Image search: [Google]
1459283511982.jpg
72 KB, 632x798
>>341759529
>that shitstorm when The Phantom Pain turned out to really be MGSV
>STANDINGposting

I want to go back
>>
>>341759529
The hype around the Qiuet=Chico theory was unreal. And it would have been one of the biggest moves in video game history, but nope. She's just there and Chico is dead.

And also
>You will never recruit baby Raven, Wolf, Octopus and Raven
>You will never command your own squad of child soldiers
>You will never ride the anti metall gear tank (What was it called again?)
>You will never go nuclear

Bravo Kojimbles
>>
>>341761195
Having a young Sniper Wolf would have been so much cooler than random mute slut, even if it wouldn't match up exactly with timeline. Still mad at no Gray Fox either.
>>
>>341761195
imagine if someone told you 2 weeks before release that every trailer was a well constructed lie that showed every cutscene in the game and that you never go nuclear, would you believe them?
>>
>>341761410
>no open world gray fox game with the cutting mechanics from fox engine rising

WAKE ME UP
>>
>>341761575
A part of me is still not believing it. When i left MGS5 at the 100h mark, a part of me stayed with it. It will never come back.
>>
>>341753510
This has been my favorite shit ever since watching Domon vs Master Asia.
>>
>>341753510
I never get tired of this trope
>>
>>341753510
I understand why there wasn't a fight against Skull Face, since the anti-climax was the point.

But the lack of a fistfight against Kaz was unforgivable.
>>
>mfw I love MGS5 TPP
>mfw I have no face
>>
>>341762913
>since the anti-climax was the point.
No it wasn't. They still got to shoot Skull Face with their own hands. They got their revenge. If he actually died off screen and they just found him corpse, then that might make sense.

The point was that even after Skull Face died, life continued the same as always. Revenge actually didn't matter.

Skull Face didn't have a fight because Kojima is a hack.
>>
File: ea1.png (178 KB, 651x434) Image search: [Google]
ea1.png
178 KB, 651x434
>whaaaa why wasnt MGSV shitty nostalgia bait like MGS4?

I bet you think MGS4's final boss is great because the health bars change
>>
>>341761195
Chico is MIA, no reason to trust Ocelot or Miller

To be fair, the whole game is revolved around lies from your closest friends, hallucinations from an esp powered kid, and PTSD.

Most of the tapes are downright lies and half truths. Ishmael and Skull Face after recent discoveries, are pointing to hallucinations from Mantis; as he's always there and pulled the same shit in MGS and its official visual novel adaptation. And PTSD where Venom is all kinds of fucked up. The truth ending was a ruse too and it's sad knowing they'll never finish the fucking story
>>
>>341763496
Copying previous games for content would have been better than copying its own missions over and over.
>>
>>341763496
It is great. MGS V's final boss is doing the tutorial again for a 5 minute epilogue.
>>
File: 1414167350809.jpg (38 KB, 500x409) Image search: [Google]
1414167350809.jpg
38 KB, 500x409
>>341745731
>You can't have a CQC fight against A MAN ON FIRE
What the hell were they thinking, right?
>>
>>341763496
>I bet you think MGS4's final boss is great because the health bars change
Creates pretty good atmosphere and was satisfying.
>>
>>341763624
Yeah. Ocelot and miller were working with cipher the entire time. I feel like most people completely overlook the tape plot points.
>>
>>341761195
>he actually wanted the le tranny meme to be true

Kill yourself you fag
>>
>>341763414
I kind of liked it. All SkullFace had were his words. He wasn't really a fighter. He tries to words you during the ride there and when that doesn't work he tries to have you killed.
>>
>>341761195
>he actually wanted the le tranny meme to be true

Kill yourself you fag
>>
>>341764392
>He wasn't really a fighter.
He was chosen by Zero support you in operation snake eater and finish the mission if you failed.
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-18+at+04.48.59).jpg (88 KB, 563x649) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-18+at+04.48.59).jpg
88 KB, 563x649
>you don't have a CQC fight with volgin's ass
;_;
>>
>>341764785
I don't think he was a solo operative. XOF was an organization even then. I picture him as the Zero of his team. If I'm wrong then my bad.
>>
>Spam GCM
>Dead in a minute
Wooooooow
>>
>World peace through chemically engineered burgers
The cassettes were better than the main game t.b.h
>>
I really want to play this game more but I can't find incentive
>>
COPULATION
>>
>We're gonna build the army to take down cipher
>cipher sent us to hell boss but we're going even deeper

>Never actually interact or try to do anything against cipher the whole game

WHAT A LUST FOR REVENGE
>>
>tfw WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOposting never took off
>>
File: awhoooo.png (146 KB, 360x524) Image search: [Google]
awhoooo.png
146 KB, 360x524
>>341765831
Thank fuck.
>>
>>341745731

>There are people on this board right now who didn't use Weather Support to BTFO this idiot
>>
>>341765692
Probably because nobody knows where cipher is except skullface and after that poison incident zero and cipher went even deeper underground. Fuck skullface though he got what he deserved, he tricked based zero. Zero literally did nothing wrong
>>
>>341766008
MAJOOOR
>>
>>341766198
I'M MEMEING UP
>>
>>341766061
Zero wa sthe fucking worst, next to the Boss. The only truly innocent ones in this giant clusterfuck of memes are Venom and Solid, who both were just more or less random schmucks who happened to be incredibly good at their job.
>>
>>341759529

I still watch the trailers every now and then ;_;
>>
>>341766314
Solid snake blew up that tanker and venom killed half his men execution style. The world is better without any snakes my friend.
>>
File: 1466175371022.png (335 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1466175371022.png
335 KB, 633x758
WHY THE FUCK TPP HAS NO TECHNOLOGY???!!
WHY THE FUCK IS OCELOT A FUCKING ENCYCLOPEDIA?
I STILL SO FUCKING MAD
FUCK YOU HACKJIMA
>>
>>341759529
i got hyped for quake champions and the new god of war.
>>
>>341766297
Man when I finally heard the who line I bursted out laughing so hard, god damn I love these games.
>>
>>341766452
MGS starring St. Patrick when?
>>
Venom snake is the most based snake and the true hero of the metal gear saga.
>>
I love skullface's voice actor, every time he talked i was glued to the screen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWLEcJ_TyJg
>>
File: Boss.jpg (33 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Boss.jpg
33 KB, 600x450
Snake eater is Big Boss and The Boss's theme. Volgin isn't worthy of having a theme like that playing in the background.

The whole point of the Snake Eater theme is about Snake killing The Boss (The Cobras leader, so another Snake).

It's a snake eating a snake.

Has nothing to do with Volgin.
>>
>>341766852
I second that. He is a great MGS villain although nobody will top ocelot ever, even solidus but he did nothing wrong.
>>
>>341767013
ok burn baby burn starts playing in the background instead
>>
File: 1466128537095.jpg (187 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1466128537095.jpg
187 KB, 512x512
>>341767208
>>341745731
>Forgetting Volgin has his own theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95fw8rsre5Q
>>
>There's no scene where Volgin grabs Venom's groin and realizes the ruse.
>>
>>341768253
Imagine if volgin could at any time come and molest snake in free roam
>>
>>341766513
>Toss smoke grenade into water
>it doesn't go off

>conduct all my attacks at night
>enemies in nearby bases are all wearing night vision goggles

>after you shower a puddle will form at your feet wherever you stand since you're all wet

There's definitely more. Plenty of TECHNOLOGY in MGSV.
>>
File: 1367101615333.png (543 KB, 958x920) Image search: [Google]
1367101615333.png
543 KB, 958x920
>>341745731
I'd fuck him.
>>
TPP is shit because you fags were expecting too much of a hack like kojima
>>
>>341750719
>gameplay
>good
>shit enemies
>shit level design
>shit objectives
>>
>>341747824

>mgs4

nice strawman either way
>>
>>341768512
You ever just pull off the most badass shit almost by accident?

>doing an eliminate the soldiers side mission
>3 heavily geared guys
>first time doing this and I keep getting raped
>finally just throw a made that knocks 2 on the ground
>run punch the third
>kick the other
>rocket launch the last guy

Literally the only time I made use of the run punch
>>
>kojimafags still THIS MAD
Hahahah
>>
I actually love this game, love the settings, levels, bases, feeling, weapon customization, the ways you can approach a mission, mother base customization and management, the buddy system

it may be a 6/10 mgs game, but by its own is a 9/10 game for me, the level of detail is just amazing and the random stuff that can happen when doing the same mission for all the objectives is just outstanding
>>
>>341747950
Why on earth would I want to do that, when I had a sniper rifle and white camo?

Maybe Big Boss respected The Boss enough to indulge her honurabu judo, but I didn't.
>>
>>341752519

>expect his speech to be timed perfectly and in the most badass manner
>entire sequence is just the most embarrassing thing in the series, like a /v/irgin meets a woman irl
> skullface plays some whooooaaaaoooo to ease the tension

Why didn't they just fade to black the rest of the drive
>>
>>341770384
Because CQC is literally faster.
>>
>>341770625
It would be better if it just was a cut scene from venom's first person perspective in the jeep, then you would have forgotten how retarded it would have looked from the outside
>>
>>341770384
Look at this scrub and laugh
>>
>>341771212

i like the idea, but they shoulda just had the grunt put the pedal to the metal instead of a nice stroll through "wartorn" afghanistan.

imagine the second-hand embarrassment the XOF soldiers must have felt, seeing the car pass by like that
>>
>>341768512
>Throw a grenade for quiet to shoot so that it hits the enemies
>Grenade hits the roof and then falls
>Quiet delays the shot to hit the grenade once it has bounced on the roof
I was really impressed
>>
>>341768512
>>conduct all my attacks at night
>>enemies in nearby bases are all wearing night vision goggles
>they still can't see me when I AN prone 5 feet from their faces, and thry have flashlights pointing in my directions
TECHNOLOGY
>>
>>341770384
>First time playing MGS3 in 2004, I'm 10
>See the long The Boss cutscene
>She wants a CQC fight
>Think "why not just shoot her?"
>Try to shoot her
>She has a shield that deviates most bullets when facing front
Back then /v/ would have caused a shitstorm for this
>>
>>341771791
Fairly regularly I see people saying ai is bad but in my experience they're pretty normal as far as the series goes but still harder since there's a lot more of them. I got spotted quite a lot honestly.
>>
File: 2015-09-13_00002.jpg (144 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-13_00002.jpg
144 KB, 1600x900
>>341753667
Just because he's a sadist doesn't mean he has to act on it all the time. Ocelot himself hints that he's rusing his behaviour pretty much all the time.

The more important question is, did they fuck?

>tfw the most affectionate interaction we ever see in the series is when Ocelot and Boss call each other by the real names in the tapes
>>
>>341753115
YOU DESTROYED THE ENEMY'S RADAR?!
>>
File: 2015-09-12_00017.jpg (135 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-12_00017.jpg
135 KB, 1600x900
>WOLBACHIA
>MALE TO FEMALE
>BUT IT WILL AFFECT YOUR MEN TOO

Who else was fully convince Chico was Quiet at this moment before he said the next line?
>>
>>341747783
Commentary on not letting hype blind you. I never was so dissapointed, since I actually believed all what's shown is good and since Kojima never failed before (hate MGS4 as much as you want, but it was quality product), I didn't expect it to turn out THIS way.
>>
>>341773345
At no point did I ever think that theory was anything but fanwank.
>>
>>341746375
The Skulls are honestly pretty underrated, I actually had some some fun fighting them.

>That fucking animation where you grab their machete and do a 360 to stab them with it
>>
>>341773768
Holy shit at the mission where you fight them when they jump out of the truck was one of my favorite times ever.

>TFW perfect synchronization with the final countdown

I was gushing that was fucking awesome. Saved the clip too but it's on my old hard drive. I need to transfer it but I forget how.
>>
>>341772179
>I see people saying ai is bad but in my experience they're pretty normal as far as the series goes
The issue is that all the options at the player's disposal render things even more unbalanced than in MGS3 and MGS4. Environments are even more open which means picking them off (even if you limit yourself to the unstoppable CQC) is as easy as ever and you can usually just run away if you manage to screw the pooch. Sight ranges aren't bad in daylight, but so long as you stay low you can move along with relative impunity.
>>
>>341773996
I'd say the early ones were more about memorization. You can basically just run through half the game if you know guard patterns.
>>
>>341774384
>I'd say the early ones were more about memorization
They were about timing.
>You can basically run through half the game if you know guard patterns.
That's still true of the later games. They just adopt a slower, less tense pace.
>>
>>341773996
Alerts I feel are the most punishing in MGSV. Although in any game you can literally just hide in the vents in plain sight and alert goes off.
>>
I still really liked MGSV
It's not my favorite game in the series, but i enjoyed it very much.
>>
>>341774986
It was still a great game. Not living up to your expectations is not the same as being a bad game and like you said it's still really enjoyable.
>>
>>341754002

maybe you should ask the mass effect 3 guy if you could share the hospital ward and complain about which game was the bigger disappointment
>>
Would you guys be as dissapointed if the game had the kindom of flies mission?
>>
>>341774909
>Alerts I feel are the most punishing in MGSV.
In terms of how they're sustained, maybe. But it's the easiest game in the series to shoot your way through, even if you're after a high rank. So I'm not sure I agree. Earlier games were also less open in level design, meaning if you got caught you would likely take damage and use ammo defending yourself. In MGSV, because of the mission-based structure and the mother base item system, you don't really carry the punishment. In the older games you did, especially in higher difficulties where rations were more scarce. It's just a trade-off given MGSV's more flexible design philosophy.

But my point in my original post is that all the new shit just makes guards feel more stupid relative to previous games than they actually are.
>>
>>341763624
>you can't trust anything you see or hear because le ptsd hallucination
jesus fucking christ by that logic how do you know anything in TPP was real and not just a dream Big Boss had while he was in a coma?
>>
>>341745731
There was LITERALLY no reason for him to come back. Kojimbo' s a fucking hack.
>>
Not even exaggerating, one of the worst games of all time
>>
>>341775928
Kojima is gods instrument.
>>
>>341776127
t. 15 year old
>>
>>341776127
Agreed.
>>
>>341776127
that's a pretty big exaggeration
>>
>>341772617
I don't get how they never meet again after that. Why doesn't Ocelot just ride off with John?

Venom was only supposed to be a decoy, so why did he need Ocelot babysitting him? Miller would obviously want revenge when he finds out John abandoned him, so why bother rescuing him? They had no idea about Burnt Face Man's crazy plan, and if they did, why they trust Venom (a cripple) to handle it instead of John?
>>
>>341775764
Yes, because that wouldn't fix:
>Empty, lifeless world
>Mother Base being so stripped down that they should've cut it all together
>No story
>Bad, boring characters
>Awful villain
>Little to no boss fights.
>>
>>341763624
This doesn't make any sense and I don't understand how this interpretation is even remotely interesting, let alone convincing.
>>
>>341776851
For you.
>>
>>341775764
no cus it was the last mgs so i would've been dissapointed if it was the best game I've ever played
>>
File: Here's to you.gif (941 KB, 350x200) Image search: [Google]
Here's to you.gif
941 KB, 350x200
>>341778189
>tfw sending kojima off from his last metal gear game with a collectors edition purchase
I'll miss him
>>
>>341775764
Yes but i would atleast feel like the game had an ending
>>
>>341764068
>turns into contextual QTE fighting game
>GOOD BECAUSE MUH ATMOSPHERE!!!!

MGS4fags are the worst
>>
File: 1465923070734.jpg (20 KB, 304x362) Image search: [Google]
1465923070734.jpg
20 KB, 304x362
>you'll never go back to 2012
>debating if that Joakim Mogren twitter was real
>debating if the game was actually MGSV

>you'll never go back to 2013
>watching Kojima remove the Mogren mask
>watching the redband trailer

>you'll never go back to 2014
>watching the Nuclear trailer and fantasizing

>you'll never go back to early 2015
>that feeling when something you've waited so long for is about to be in your hands

then

thats it. the game is unfinished. Whether it was his goal or not, Kojima gave us all a phantom pain.
>>
>>341756059
>This game is built on unfulfilled potential
That's the very point.
It's not even phantom pain.
It's not about the ending.
All the attention to detail we know and love about his games was used for this very purpose.

Watch as I get (You)s that say I'm salty because of my expectations
>>
>>341779229
AND THE WORST PART IS WE WILL NEVER FEEL THIS WAY AGAIN

WE FELT A CONNECTION TO SNAKE. WE WAITED YEARS TO GET THE FINAL CLOSURE ON BIG BOSS

AND THEY RIPPED IT FROM US

WHY ARE WE STILL HERE? JUST TO SUFFER?
>>
>>341773605
MALE

TO

FEMALE
>>
>>341779407
Im sorry you didnt have big boss killing younglings and kicking puppies

Im sorry the series wasnt tied up in a cute little bow and you didnt see baby wolf and baby raven

Im sorry youre a retard who thinks Kojima ever cared about the timeline when hes been retconning shit since day 1
>>
>>341776858
Ocelot and Miller assisting the Phantom sells the deception. Its more believable that Venom is the real deal when Big boss' two most trusted lieutenants are with him.
>>
>>341779229
Its not a phantom pain. We never had it.
>>
fuck subsistence missions
just fuck them
>>
>>341766452
>Solid snake blew up that tanker

That was Ocelot though, Snake just got in there to take photos of Ray

>venom killed half his men execution style

You mean the men that were infected with some parasite that turned them into zombies and there was no cure for?
>>
>>341745731
He had no point because all the story is missing bruh.
>>
>It's a "/v/ is salty because MGS V wasn't the vydia second coming" episode
>All these people assuming Kojima was a hack when it has been proven that it's Konami's fault we never got Chapter 3 and other stuff felt rushed
>>
>>341780165
>he didn't go undetected the first time around

More like fuck the literally same mission again. Fuck them.
>>
>>341780546
>has 5 years to make game and a large budget
>doesn't finish game and go way overbudget

Fuck off, konami literally did nothing wrong. I don't think kojima is hack but what happened to mgs V is his fault. Making games is a busisness and you have to deliver on time
>>
>>341780546
>>It's a "/v/ is salty because MGS V wasn't the vydia second coming" episode
MGSV was so unfinished, it didn't even get erect.
>>
>>341780919
Don't forget he FUCKING did pt instead of finishing mgsv. So he could mess around with his Hollywood buddies. Fucking hack
>>
>>341745731
I'm annoyed ocelot had so little to say about him. He worked for him!
>>
I liked the gameplay and I have 50 hours in but I really can't be bothered continuing. I expected Big Boss to become a demon and suffer but instead Big Boss became a demon behind the scenes and I suffered.
>>
>>341781526
>you don't even kill the kids
>they end up fucking everything up
>you never become punished

I wanted to kill them during the mission as well.
>>
>>341779764
Sure, but do Cipher/XOF even care about Big Boss in 1984? Skull Face couldn't even be bothered to cap him, when they met again in Afghanistan.
>>
>>341754029
That's what FOB is all about
>>
In my opinions it was naruto tier shit at some points.

But it doesnt matter. We pachinko now, let Snake rest in peace
>>
>>341781526
that's the point. you fell right into kojima's ruse.
>>
>>341753510
But Armstrong wasn't raiden's rival. Jack was.
>>
>>341780165
I actually liked those. Felt more positively challenging than the others, as opposed to Extreme missions that mostly just increase enemy HP and so on (this is what people mean by artificial difficulty).
>>
>>341780583
subsistence is without equipment

also fuck gerbils
and having to do crumbs of side missions because they can't put "destroy a bunch of guys #84 conflict with save this guy #45"
>>
File: 1441936728735.jpg (25 KB, 331x271) Image search: [Google]
1441936728735.jpg
25 KB, 331x271
>read thread
>want to replay mgsv
>remember how shit it was
>feel the void again
why
>>
What was the point of chapter 2? It should have just been a 1 hour long cutscene.
>>
>>341750898

>You feel it too, don't you.
>>
>>341747950
If she wanted a cqc battle then why did she use the patriot?
>>
>>341773345
Listen to the rest of the tape. It was used on already developed parasites first, then extracted and given to the infected host so it only effects the parasites.
>>
File: Big boss salute.jpg (36 KB, 720x408) Image search: [Google]
Big boss salute.jpg
36 KB, 720x408
Never forget /v/ ;_;7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ofLHQ5NZSM
>>
>>341782587
If there was no chapter 2, there would have been point to all the development shit since the game would have been too short.
>>
I just recently finished MGSV as my first MGS game and I really enjoyed it. The only thing that disappointed me was the lack of a good ending and bosses. I'm sure I would have been much more upset had I played the previous games first but I think the game was pretty enjoyable.
>>
You too have known loss... And that loss torments you still. You hope that hatred... might someday replace the pain.
>>
mgsv is a rushed unfinished piece of shit
oh wow, stop the press

it's so fucking sad that the paid demo somehow managed to be better than the final game
>>
>>341783813
It is enjoyable, it's not bad either. It amazes me to see how people say it's pure dog shit

But the game is definitely lacking a lot of things that would've made it more fun and interesting like missions that weren't so rudimentary
>>
>>341783040
Cringe as fuck, what is wrong with you?
>>
>>341785110
You weren't there man.

You weren't fucking there.
>>
File: 1466145496389.jpg (89 KB, 679x657) Image search: [Google]
1466145496389.jpg
89 KB, 679x657
>>341750024
How do you think Volgin felt? He literally died of disappointment when he realised Snake wasn't Big Boss.
>>
>>341745731
I didn't realise this was meant to be a boss fight - lobbed 4 stun grenades at him and hopped in a helicopter and that was it.
>>
>>341787003
Yeah seriously, you can't call that a boss fight
Thread replies: 249
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.