[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Persona really need an even easier mode?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53
Did Persona really need an even easier mode?
>>
>>341743482
Give me one reason why it matters as long as you can't change it after starting a new game
>>
>>341743620
Persona was already easy enough, they should have added a harder difficulty mode instead of a Press X To See Cutscenes.
>>
If somebody wants to spend $60 just to play youtube mode, then that's their prerogative.
>>
They're hoping to stick their dicks a little bit into the western mainstream this time around. Even The Verge has had a Persona 5 article every time something is announced
>>
>>341743482
Blame P4G and/or PQ
>>
>>341743482
Yes!

Persona is no longer a niche game in the WEST. It has grown into the most popular JRPG through word of mouth and fan angry over the FF13. Atlus also release underrated games like Catherine which sold well through word of mouth.

The average Persona fan in the West had to go back to the PS2 and play those Persona games after it's release.

TL:DR It's needed because Persona is now a dudebro JRPG.
>>
They probably stuck it in for the people who just want to do the life sim stuff while not caring about the rest.
>>
i just hope they balance exping into something that isnt "just grind golden hands while avoiding every other encounter"
>>
P4's Normal mode was more or less exactly where it needed to be. I never saw the point of easy or hard. Easy is unnecessary, hard didn't seem like it would add anything but enemy health.

Adding a tier below "unnecessarily easy" is pointless. I don't see how anyone can actually fail in a game where you can grind to the point of making your next boss trivial. Hell, I was underleveled when I beat P4 and Izanami gave me a lot of trouble (my first JRPG, really, not memeing), and it still wasn't too hard IMO. I'd basically get the the bare minimum level I needed to beat the next boss and win with little left in the way of health or SP.

I mean, they can add in an effort-free mode, but they can't add dual audio. What the fuck.
>>
>>341743482
I dont' play Persona for the fights so I'm gonna take the safety mode without a doubt
>>
>>341743482
Maybe this one's going to be harder than 3 and 4?
>>
>>341745090
>implying that anyone in the west knew persona existed before 3
>>
>>341745951
Faggot
>>
>>341745902
well thats like 1gb worth of difference
>>
>>341743482
>hold up
AYO
>>
>>341746160
Enjoy your grinding, pleb
>>
>>341745902
Consider the existence of disabled gamers. What if you had Parkinson's/Cerebral Palsy/some fucked up limbs so you can barely press one button every minute or so?

That's probably who the 'easy easy mode' is for.
>>
>>341746256
if they can press a button every minute they will never get out of the 1 hour long prologue dialogue then
>>
>implying anyone plays Persona for the gameplay

Its a life/school/dating sim, they could entirely remove combat and just as many people would buy it
>>
>>341746235
>grinding in persona

?
>>
>>341746510
Nobody wants to play a game for women
>>
It's the same amount of difficulty settings P4 had.
They just renamed easy to safety and normal to easy etc etc.
>>
>>341746510
i only play the dating sim part to get the sick fusion demons.
>>
>>341745902

P4 was way easier than P3, though
>>
Will the only difference between normal and hard be again that enemies hit harder and are more damage spongy?
>>
>>341746761
That's what I've heard, I need to finish P3. It didn't seem any harder than P4 at all, but I wasn't too far in when stopped. I'll try to get back to it before P5.
>>
>>341743482
I'm sure you play through all Persona games on the bullshit hard they add in re-releases. I'm sure you're just not complaining about a mode you have no reason to care about just for the sake of complaining.
>>
>>341743482
>Safety
You can't make this shit up.
>>
>>341743482

It's so you can enjoy the story without bothering with the lame combat system. I finished Persona 3 and 4 on very easy and enjoyed it through the entire game. The fact that you don't have to grind to progress is so much better than other JRPGs.
>>
>>341746949
>playing P4 first
disgusting
>>
>>341745902
Personally I played through p4 golden on super easy once because I was finishing up the trophies and I needed to make a speed playthrough just to get one random thing, so I can see the need of it.
If someone wants to ruin their first playthrough by playing on the easiest difficulty that's their problem I guess.
>inb4 caring about trophies
I am OCD as fuck
>>
>>341747117
Golden is the only game where I've cared about trophies besides Vesperia.
>>
>>341743482
*prrrfftt*
"safety"
>>
>>341744436
>Nanako's bracelet
I love when games give you sentimental equipment. I always use it even if it sucks ass.
>>
>>341747250
I always 100% megaten games, I used to do that before trophies existed. The only one I haven't 100%d yet is devil survivor 2, and I guess the iOs version of SMT1 since that one actually keeps track of completion, I don't have an iOs device yet though.
>smt2 and smtif on iOs neverever
>>
>>341743482
what does it do?
>>
>>341746716
just play regular SMT then
>>
>>341745902
Safety was in P4 Golden.

>you can grind
A lot of people don't like grinding, and in an ideal case, you shouldn't ever need to grind, provided you do every battle along the way.

>I mean, they can add in an effort-free mode, but they can't add dual audio
This was added by the developers, not the localization team.
>>
>>341743482

What does safety mode entail?

Reset to the start of a random battle on failure any time you die?
>>
File: 1436748126315.jpg (32 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1436748126315.jpg
32 KB, 720x480
>>341743482
Are they locking Very Hard off behind an unlock wall now? I assume Safety is just the Very Easy mode we're used to, or perhaps tweaked slightly.

I don't see much of a point, considering how easy P4 was on Normal and below, but that's for the mode's target audiences to understand.

I'm hoping Hard and any possible unlockable modes will be more than just arbitrary stat changes for enemies. I'd like to see bosses and red shadows get more abilities (like early access to Mind Charge) if you opt to make the game more challenging..
>>
>>341750058
It'll likely be just like Golden's Very Easy, which was also called Safety in Japanese.
>>
>>341743482
It's a series that panders to casuals i don't see any problem there
>>
>>341750112
In golden you could see the key differences between each difficulty, in hard you just hit softer and enemies hit harder compared to normal and in the hardest difficulty your xp gain and money gain is neutered compared to hard. There's no real point in playing in anything but normal.
>>
>>341743482
That's been there since P4G
>>
>implying anyone plays Persona for the boring generic jrpg gameplay
>>
>>341750286
p4g normal was easier than vanilla p4 normal, I thought hard was the most balanced difficulty overall, or at least the most fun to play through
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7tM96jNmlA

>Social Stats returns
I hope those aren't as useless as in p3 and P4. They were super easy to maxout and never provided any gameplay change besides some minor details.

>Hold Up
Now this is interesting. Shuffle Time was good in P3 but they made it boring in P4. Having demon negociation will hopefully add some spice to combat, especially if there is a lot of demons to talk to.

>Cooperation
I hope this isn't just Social Links rebranded. It would be nice if meeting with people has a direct impact on gameplay, for example discounts in shops and such.
>>
What difficulty are you guys picking?
Would hard mode be a good first choice for a normal mode veteran? P4G was pretty easy.
>>
>>341745090
what the fuck are you talking about lmao

japanese gamers being more hardcore then western ones is a meme. there's that 1% at best that plays insane bullet hells and fighting games and stuff but the remaining 99% are the biggest casuals on earth that complains if they can't beat a game with mindless grinding

take catherine for example, a game atlus had to not only make overall easier but they had to patch in an entire new very easy mode because japanese players were saying the game is too hard
>>
>>341750875
I think S. Links have always been called Cooperation in Japan, so it may be the same.
>>
>>341750875
http://personacentral.com/persona-5s-social-links-cooperations-new-character-trailers/

>By meeting people at school and in the city with various skills, abilities and interests, relationships based on trust—as the interests between the player and the character align—can be built with a “co-op” theme. These bonds are mutually advantageous, resulting in collaborations that deepen the ties between characters and give the player access to certain abilities as a Phantom Thief.

It sounds like there is going to deeper benefits to the coop stuff than just social links especially since 2 of the unveiled ones are with shop keepers.

>>341751074
Hard.
>>
>>341750875
>I hope this isn't just Social Links rebranded. It would be nice if meeting with people has a direct impact on gameplay, for example discounts in shops and such.
Both shopkeepers shown so far are also SLs, so that might just be the case.

>>341751178
The Japanese name was "community". They're changing them up.
>>
>>341750058
If I recall you can retry battles if you die.
>>
>>341743482
In a nice world this game will actually have challenging combat this time instead of "cast the enemy's weakness and kill them all in one round before they ever attack" mixed with boss fights that have a billion health but don't do any damage outside of super telegraphed attacks, like P4. This would mean that picking normal/hard would actually be challenging

However most likely the games combat is going to be a fucking joke like persona 4 again, so all picking normal/hard will do is make the combat take longer instead of actually being challenging in which case you might as well pick safety mode and get it over with.
>>
>>341744436
Was PQ easy?
>>
File: 7654453.webm (3 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
7654453.webm
3 MB, 400x300
>>341751074
The first iteration of each game tends to be balanced. P4G was essentially running on Easy in Normal mode with how it was tuned.

Stick with Normal and trust Atlus to balance the first iteration of Persona 5 correctly. Dive into Hard if you're feeling confident, but it runs the risk of feeling annoying in the properly balanced versions of these games. Pointlessly increased enemy healthpools and decreased player damage with no extra bells and whistles doesn't make things more interesting. Your best bet is Normal, and then level as little as possible if you ever feel you're becoming overpowered.
>>
>>341747708
The paper armband is fucking good though.
>>
File: 423454352345.png (44 KB, 265x200) Image search: [Google]
423454352345.png
44 KB, 265x200
>>341751530
>the hand trying to run away
>>
>>341743482
They could have just watch the cutscenes mode and you could just ignore it. Would anyone be autistic about options. Nigga close your eyes.
>>
File: 1411264604319.gif (734 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1411264604319.gif
734 KB, 375x375
>>341743482
>killing Reaper in Yukiko's castle at level 30 with Yoshitsune on very easy
>>
Please tell me they included that to appeal to Western babbies. Didn't they change up the difficulty for Catherine too?
>>
>>341751215
>Hard
Do we know if 5 is gonna be harder or not? As much as I want to pick hard, I want to know what the developers intended the difficulty to be. There's usually games that say
>Hard: For veterans of the game
or
>Hard: For veterans to the series
>>341751530
Oh, okay. As much as I want to pick a harder difficulty, I don't want to risk choosing it only for it to be tedious instead of a challenge (especially since it's a turn-based JRPG). Did P4G handle it fine in later difficulties?
>>
This game was already going to be casual as fuck. Baton Touch is ridiculously overpowered and will make every fight a joke.
>>
>>341751526

Not him, but I'm playing through it. On the normal difficulty it isn't as tough as 3 was, but it's way more of a challenge than P4's combat. I really like the battle system in PQ.
>>
>>341751368
I think the main difficulty in P5 will be about SP managment. We already seen in the newer PV that your party loses SP each time they perform their "Chance" attack. If there's no means to restore SP in dungeons it could become challenging in the long run.
>>
>>341752089

I think I'd like PQ's battle system if it weren't so fucking slow.
>>
>>341751530
>she will never kick you
>>
>>341751926
They made catherine easier because japanese fans were saying the game was too hard, due to them being uber casuals that play things like monster hunter and phone games

>>341752170
the problem is that if you can just leave a dungeon whenever and recover all your SP before going right back to where you were like in P4 it doesn't matter how much SP you lose per fight

if you balance your rpg around resource management it needs to actually be a hard decision to progress with low supplies or to head back to a safe spot and lose a bit of progress

persona 3 mostly understood this (as did all the ps2 SMT games), persona 4 and PQ didnt
>>
>>341751926
Catherine was made easier in the Japanese version and they kept the standard difficulty for the English.

Most polls show that Japanese gamers are actually the worst at games and prefer easier difficulties. They bitched the most about Ni-oh's difficulty by far, for example.
>>
>>341743482

I could never finish P3 or P4 because of the difficulty so I would say yes.
>>
>>341751974
>Did P4G handle it fine in later difficulties?
Hard was a good mode, Very Hard was pointless trash. See this post for specifics:
>>341750286
>>
>>341744265
Japan is consistently proven to be shittier at video games than the west
>>
>>341752024

To be fair, every Persona I've played has stuff I'd consider "overpowered" in other games. All-Out Attacks, Extra Turns, and the Boosts in PQ are all stuff they figured out how to balance around. The only big fuck-up they did was give you party control in 4.
>>
>>341752668
persona 4 was a joke, once you find an enemies weakness theres no reason for them to ever even get an attack out

persona 3 had a similar problem but it had a lot of little features that made it slightly less practical to just autowin every fight
>>
>>341743482
Fits perfectly the P3/4 fanbase. They still complain about the Strange Journey difficulty for some reason.
>>
I've been playing P3 recently and coming off of DDS I'm surprised how much easier and forgiving it is.
If people really have trouble with the game that much that they need an even easier mode then... I mean, shit. Is Persona 4 this easy too?
>>
in previous games you could beat anything by grinding enough, it takes zero skill to beat these games on higher difficulties, just more time. Hopefully they have addressed this so that dungeons aren't just a boring timesink before the boss.
>>
>>341753095

P4 makes P3 look hardcore.
>>
>>341753225
Yeesh.
>>
>>341753076
SJ thinks difficulty means "waste the players time constantly"

stuff like etridanus isn't actually hard as far as dungeon crawlers go, it just takes a long time so it feels like an ordeal. Same with the conveyor belt dungeon where you just have to hope this path doesn't lead to a dead end, Same with having to run around looking for forma. Same with all the backtracking sidequests and even the actual plot make you do.

persona 3/4 don't have as little disrespect for your limited time on this earth as SJ does, but that doesn't make them worse games
>>
>>341751530
can she really punt bosses or its just a cheat/glitch?
>>
It's funny how the only reason P4 is easier than P3 is the asinine decision to not let you control party members.
>>
>>341745902
That's a hell of a costly difference considering the Jap VAs anon
>>
>>341753676
But is it easier than P3P when you actually can control them?
>>
>>341753802
P3P was easier than P4 vanilla. Most of the changes people feel made P4G too easy come from things done for P3P.
>>
>>341750591
That's because Golden's Shuffle Time was hilariously broken.

>here have a shitton of free exp
>or money
>or a fucking skill
>>
>>341752356
good. She's a fucking slut.
>>
>>341743482
What the fuck is Safety mode?
>>
SMT isn't even hard in general, most of the games break at some point and you become absurdly overpowered, as early as like 1/4 of the way through the game in some cases like SMT1. The difficulty and dungeon crawling is vastly overblown by rabid fans.
>>
>>341754113
Very Easy mode with all offensive content removed for easily triggered westerners.
>>
>>341753676
Wrong
One type of phys makes it so than you can steamroll dungeons with any phys nulling personas
The new one more system makes it so that you spam multi target spells and wipe every encounter
Your teammates also getting bonuses from S.Links where you are literally saved from death is also another thing that makes P4 easier.
The bosses are easy as hell too, they propose no challenge and are practically damage sponges.
And don't forget how broken follow up attacks are.
>>
>>341753676
and because I can just goho-M whenever I want, pay the fox a minimal amount of money to recover SP (and its way easier to gain money in P4 then P3) and then instantly teleport back to whatever floor of the dungeon I was on

meanwhile to leave a dungeon in P3 I need a rare item, a rare spell, or to find an escape point. Then I have to hope that none of my party members are tired because they'll leave if they are, then I have to teleport back to a floor that's anywhere between 5 and 10 floors away from the one I was actually at and go through them again.

persona 4 completely shat all over the key thing that makes jrpgs of that nature have even somewhat engaging combat by fucking up resource management. Having direct control of teamates doesn't mean shit because in both games you win every fight with the main character while your party members only exist to cast spells you don't personally feel like and to take hits for you.
>>
>>341754213

It's just because the beginning is so difficult, because you have so few resources.
>>
>>341753578
Cheat/glitch

On bosses and minibosses the punt just does damage.
>>
>>341743482
If help with grinding(like x3 exp) for Lucifer and the new "99 fool persona uber cool" and can be changed in settings, absolutely yes. I don't wanna spend 30 hours only for grinding
>>
>>341751526
>>341752089
It's actually fairly challenging, but really really easy to break by abusing instakills and binds/status ailments.
>>
>>341754725
>grinding in MegaTen games

literally just git gud at fusing
>>
>>341754113

Read what it says. You can restart from the battle you were just at if you die, so you don't lose any sort of progress. You can even opt to skip the battle you died at (but gain a fraction of XP). It's "Content Tourist" mode.
>>
>>341754812
You know that you need a certain character level for the best Persona, right? And you know that level is over 90, even if you can pretty much end the game at level 65-70?
>>
>>341754981

Who cares, you don't need it for anything except satisfying your own autism.
>>
File: 1464636210190.jpg (32 KB, 350x337) Image search: [Google]
1464636210190.jpg
32 KB, 350x337
Going to pick Hard and hope it's P3 Hard and not P4 "Hard"

Although in general I'm worried because that new Baton Touch mechanic looks broken as hell.
>>
>>341751526
In comparison to other Etrian games, its a fucking joke. Way harder than persona 3 or 4. But still.
>>
I will be playing the easiest mode. I play for waifus
>>
Would you rather them make the other modes even easier? Who cares.
>>
how does difficulty even fucking work
when everything the monsters do is rng
>>
>>341751526
Just spam Mudo/Hama for random battles and make sure to keep Fuuka as support for her healing ability. On hard, her healing should be enough to carry you through the game.
>>
>>341752590
this

when will the japan does it better meme die ?
>>
>>341755748
When it becomes false.

For example, Japanese cinematic experience just means long, skippable, cutscenes between gameplay, western cinimatic experience means that you get quick-time events instead of normal gameplay and those walking cutscenes where you can still control the character but can't actually do anything until everyone shuts up/
>>
>>341755120
I don't understand why people say Baton Touch is broken when we haven't even really seen how effective it is.
>>
>>341751530
Best way to go about it is to do Normal and then Hard in new game+. Hard doesn't really make the game any different from Normal aside from what you said. There should be more incentive to play on Hard aside from bragging rights and more tedious need to grind.
>>
will rpcs3 be ready for valentines day?
>>
>>341743482
Does it really matter it is not as if you are forced to do easy mode or something it is your own choice afterall.
>>
>>341755369
Then just watch it on YouTube
>>
>>341755369
Scrub
>>
this game will be just as mediocre as the other personas
>>
>>341755120

Did P4 have P3's stupid leveling scaling system as well? You could have Persona with good stats but be doing ass damage (and taking huge damage) because you were like 1 or 2 levels too low.
>>
>>341756729
you realize that many many people deeply loved those games? why do you necessarily assume that everyone shares your sentiment anon?
>>
>>341756729
who knows, but it's a good sign that the previews look like they've massively improved the dungeons and overworld. And are taking stuff from all Megaten games for the new battle system.
>>
>>341744436
Man PQ was unfun
>Boil every character down to their most basic aspects
>Make light/dark attacks absoultely broken in normal combat
>Five dungeons in the entire game
To this day I'm not sure why the game exists
>>
>>341757059
At least the music was good.
>>
>>341757059
Subpersonas were pretty interesting and allowed you to actually customize your party members. And five actual dungeons instead of procedural hallways should definitely make it at least a 50-60 hour game.
>>
>>341756597
What if the letsplayer picks a different waifu from what anon wants?
>>
>>341757059

Those five dungeons are long as fuck.
>>
>>341757167
True
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGG2SimbqNk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cqj_6I6fGo
>>
>>341756121
Just one glance and you get tell it's pretty broken. Unless there's some kind of limit of how many times you can use it or if there's an SP cost you could easily start every battle with a Baton Touch to a character that can exploit the enemies weakness and get a first turn all out attack.
>>
>>341757059

the encounter rate really killed me on the game

by the time i hit the final dungeon I was already ridiculously overleveled to the point where I just fought all the FOEs because i couldn't be bothered solving the puzzles.

also PQ is far too easy to break. Instant-kill spells basically trivialize every random encounter and every single boss is weak to panic which completely shuts them down.

>boss/FOE fight starts
>get Naoto to cast Salome's Kiss
>get P3MC to cast Panic Circle
>boss literally can't do anything except attack itself
>rape its asshole with 3 frontline physical attackers
>>
>>341757382
You can only use batton touch after the exploit of an enemy weakness though
>>
>>341757313
I'm pretty sure he will find a video of the one he wants no excuse
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 500x413) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 500x413
who /safety/ here?
>>
>>341757382
Baton Touch can only be used with One more turns, meaning if you can use it you can probably All-Out Attack already.
>>
>>341757775
Just watch it on YouTube
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6x_Vnmh16k
4:40 all your party loses mp after a sneak attack
>>
>>341743747
It usually unlocks after you beat the game. Easiest mode is for VN enthusiasts.
>>
>>341757775
Who /normalOnFirstRun/ here?
>>
>>341746510
I'm was of that opinion when I played through 4. Now I'm playing 3 and I'm having a bit more fun with the combat so I'm really hoping 5 steps it up.
>>
File: P5.png (196 KB, 634x416) Image search: [Google]
P5.png
196 KB, 634x416
>>341758092
Right here man,gotta test the waters before the challenging stuff
>>
>>341758092
Normal for first run, hard for second run when I actually know what I'm doing. Brownie points if they make a harder ng+ instead of letting you buy your op personas right away.
>>
>>341758092
I probably will because I don't want to hit any landmines on hard that I get stuck on for more than an hour or two. I'm taking work off for this so I want to be able to finish it in the time I'm taking off and then replay it again later on hard (probably in NG+ which will help get both whatever bonuses are from that mode along with whatever extras are in Hard).
>>
I play all my games on easy
>>
>>341757775
Rise never does anything safe.
>>
>>341758092
As a mainline SMT enthusiast I'll be on Hard.
>>
>>341757167
I loved the music.
>>
>>341758976
As long as it's hard and not bullshit like this is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIjVvnO5lgM
>>
>>341743482
Blame P4 shitter bandwagon faggots who couldn't even beat Yukiko's dungeon

Fucking normalfaggots are killing this series
>>
File: 1455998103098.jpg (470 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1455998103098.jpg
470 KB, 1280x720
>tfw I'll probably be playing on safety mode
when I played persona 4 I played ez mode and cheated for an infinite amount of those auto revive orb things I just didn't feel like grinding
>>
JUST IMAGINE YOU ARE OUT THERE
>>
>>341758092

I always do.

I want to finish the story at a good pace so I don't get spoiled.

Although, I don't really care much for the story of this game, so I guess it doesn't matter.
>>
>>341759338
Just watch it on YouTube
>>
>>341759239

>killing

It's already dead.

Even the story and characters are directed at normalfags.
>>
File: 1466116129356.jpg (184 KB, 538x505) Image search: [Google]
1466116129356.jpg
184 KB, 538x505
tfw all the sweet new music in the E3 stream isn't getting ripped because Atlus has bots set up
>>
>>341759553
I wanna chose which social links to go after though
>>
>>341759352
SWALLOWING LIES IN THE MAKING
>>
>>341743482
NO DUAL AUDIO = NO BUY
>>
>>341758092
I'll be replaying to finish all the romance ends so I'll start Normal and go through Hard and Very Hard if it exists.
>>
>>341759338
You don't ever have to grind on Normal Mode or even Hard Mode in P4. What's wrong with you?
>>
>>341759678
There will be a video for your waifu no excuse
>>
>>341759179
You know the guys party is under-leveled right?
>>
>>341760002
>all the non party member social links
>watching a YT gamer pick your responses to all the questions

just let them play safety if they want to you autist
>>
>>341760127
That's besides the point. You shouldn't be able to Beast Eye a Beast Eye.
>>
>>341743482
STOP
THIS SHIT AIN'T NEW IT STARTED WITH P3 PORTABLE
>>
>>341760256
Well I don't know why the boss did more then 2 Eye moves in 1 turn but it likely was either a bug or a mistake that has since been fixed.
>>
File: 558000013218301.jpg (30 KB, 500x346) Image search: [Google]
558000013218301.jpg
30 KB, 500x346
Post your face when you pick Hard mode
>>
>>341758092
Usually do normal then the hardest difficulty the second time.
>>
>>341760256
Stop fucking insulting Nocturne if you don't want your lights punched out
>>
>>341760218
Play the game on the hardest difficulty or don't play it at all you casual faggots are the cancer killing the industry
>>
File: 55162391_p9.jpg (900 KB, 1516x2205) Image search: [Google]
55162391_p9.jpg
900 KB, 1516x2205
>>341759920
I don't know I guess my brain doesn't work so good

>>341760002
its not the same when I'm playing it I at least feel like I'm the one who shes into
>>
>>341746483
Persona 4 had auto dialog options, and its not that uncommon for JRPGs in general to sometimes have that option.

Golden also had the fast forward.
>>
So where's the PC port? Atlus is missing out on millions if they don't do one.
>>
>>341743482
>all this english visual design in the UI
>still can't be assed to include english subtitles in JP version or dual audio
>>
>>341759661
It's not the bots, there's nothing to rip in the first place. No clean version of the music.
>>
>>341759338
Look at item and ability descriptions, jesus christ.
Chie becomes a crit machine as soon as she learns rainy death, and that essentially breaks the entire game.
>>
>>341760815
Its always like that in most games the UI is in English
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
>>341760606
>self inserting
Why would you do that? You aren't the MC and you never will be. Just accept it.
>>
>>341760553
How do they kill the industry? If they play on Easy mode do they get the game for free or something?

If there's higher difficulties included why the fuck would it matter to you?
>>
File: 1410067438547.jpg (116 KB, 1279x717) Image search: [Google]
1410067438547.jpg
116 KB, 1279x717
>>341759179
>that video
>>
File: large_size_1024x576.jpg (51 KB, 463x260) Image search: [Google]
large_size_1024x576.jpg
51 KB, 463x260
>>341750286
>>341752558
>mfw I did an Izanagi only run on very hard in golden and beat it

That was actually really fun, but funnily enough becomes easy about 15 hours before endgame, you have such high stats on your Izanagi and a good selection of abilities+team members.
>>
>>341760863
I never used chie because she's ugly and I don't like her personality my main force was kanji, yukiko and teddy but occasionally I swapped out one of the dudes for naoto. I wish that Rise was a playing fighter character since she was my fav it was disappointing
>>
>these faggots will never know the suffering of nocturne's hard mode
>>
>>341758092
Going to try Hard my first run. My P3 run was on Normal, which felt easy until I fucked up and the enemy gang-raped; fair enough.

P4 was on hard, which was actually fun. So unless I hear P5's Normal is difficult, hard it is.
>>
Who's waiting for Persona 5 Golden Fes instead?
>>
>>341743482
Doesn't matter since there's no dual audio anyway. At least I can just play FFXV in peace without worrying about P5 coming out around the same time.
>>
>>341761163
How did you do it? With spell cards and stat boosts?
>>
Hard it is
>>
>>341761841
>Golden

Yeah, I'll wait for the Vita/new handheld port that's never going to come.
>>
File: 191291919191.jpg (71 KB, 600x656) Image search: [Google]
191291919191.jpg
71 KB, 600x656
>>341761841
>by the time the west gets the original game an enhanced version will already be announced.
Can't wait
>>
>>341762162
Yeah, so its only really possible in Golden.

You could in P4 Vanilla, but good fucking luck spending ALL that time constantly fusing new low level Izanagis with correct spells, and then releveling them every single time.
>>
File: 67456843.png (271 KB, 482x516) Image search: [Google]
67456843.png
271 KB, 482x516
>>341761179
>teddie
>naoto
I'm so sorry.
>>
Considering the newer Persona games are vastly more difficult to the older games, I don't think it matters that much. Some people only want to play for the story alone, why bother limiting them when it won't affect most players?
>>
>>341743482
Why the fuck would you care? Or do you regard making it a through a turn-based RPG with grind mechanics as an achievement?
>>
>>341762480
With some luck during shuffle time you can do it without fusing a new Izanagi
>>
File: Persona5Hero.jpg (95 KB, 1920x1022) Image search: [Google]
Persona5Hero.jpg
95 KB, 1920x1022
http://personacentral.com/persona-5-rated-cero-c-japan/
We dark now
>>
Another franchise killed by casualization. First day pirate.
>>
>>341763676
Almost every SMT and Persona game gets a rated C cero, except for P3P
>>
>>341743482
This should unlock after beating the game once so you can replay it without the tedium of grinding.
>>
might actually play it on that. only really want to see the story, and persona's combat sucks
>>
>>341763801
Persona 3 was B
>>
>>341762542
Not that guy, but what's wrong with Teddie? He has maraku and mataru so I used him.
>>
>>341754784
I actually see that as a good thing. The game is built around utilizing the options given to you, rather than either failing to provide them at all or not making them useful enough to be worth bothering with.
>>
File: image.jpg (245 KB, 750x818) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
245 KB, 750x818
>>341763862
This is why I played P3 on Easy. The only difference Normal would have made to me is just forcing me to probably grind, which I cba to do with an 80 hr game. P4 I played on Normal though, but I played that before P3.
>>
>>341757486
>>341757059
I kind of liked that light/dark attacks were fairly reliable, instead of basically being worthless like they were in P3/P4.

Would have been better though if they were actual elemental attacks that had a rare chance to instakill though.
>>
I'm done. P5 is normalfag shit now. What Atlus are free of normalfag pandering?
>>
File: 1445187960296.png (449 KB, 610x482) Image search: [Google]
1445187960296.png
449 KB, 610x482
>>341765050
>>
>>341743482
Some of us just want to play for the story, not slough through needlessly complicated shit to get it
>>
>>341760256
>You shouldn't be able to Beast Eye a Beast Eye

Says who? Your casual ass?
>>
>>341765482
>needlessly complicated
braindead?
>>
>>341760127

Any bullshit JRPG boss can be excused by this statement.
>>
>>341743482
where the fuck is risky? hopefully you just have to unlock it and it's still in the game
>>
>>341763801
every persona game except P4G was B
>>
>>341743482
I wish they added a mode that makes the game good
>>
>>341746510
I honestly play persona for the micro managment/turn based combat side of it. I really don't care who my 'waifu' is, it's usually just whoever I get to SL lvl 9 the quickest
>>
ITT: newfags that don't know persona games have had safety since P3P
>>
File: 2282918383.png (335 KB, 785x438) Image search: [Google]
2282918383.png
335 KB, 785x438
>a 5 fucking month delay for us in the west
What the FUCK happened?
>>
>>341767219
as you can see Atlus USA is hard at work
https://twitter.com/SachiMonster_/status/743620009155399684
>>
>>341767219
The main translator knows less about the game than random weebs in /pg/. Enjoy your garbage everything EoPs
>>
>>341767570
who do you think the main translator is?
>>
File: 1446442734570.png (102 KB, 317x389) Image search: [Google]
1446442734570.png
102 KB, 317x389
>>341767381
what the fuck are they doing?
>>
>>341767659
Interview with her
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg70N3bDmYY
>>
>>341767659
She was interviewed and clearly had barley any familiarity with the game or series. Even saying she doubts she would actually play the game, kiss any references goodbye for tumblr memes.
>>
>>341767839
>>341768237
that's sad. i already have extremely low expectations for the localization though.
>>
>>341768327
P3/4 were fine to me and Catherine's was actually quite charming, but who knows how much stuff has changed since 2011 when those came out.
>>
No dual audio No buy
>>
>>341743482
Yes. 4's success made the series mainstream.
>>
>>341752861
Isn't this the entire point of making SP restoration cost a lot from the jew fox?
>>
>>341752861
P3 and P4's battle system was the same except you can just stunlock enemies in P3.
It's less practical because in a lot of situation, there is no point in actually doing an all out attack when you can just stun lock them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQQ-O9W_YIU
>>
File: 1453004857271.jpg (30 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1453004857271.jpg
30 KB, 540x540
>>341770243
>exploiting the reaper
>>
File: normal.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
normal.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>341758092
My favorite way to play games is normally. When I order food at a restaurant and they ask if I want anything special I ask for the standard. The control scheme I exclusively use is the default. I exclusively main Ryu and when encountered with a new fighting game I main the most conventional fighter.

My ideal woman is a 6-7/10 because I prefer to date a mostly normal looking girl. I have a fetish for what people would call "butterface" because it makes a hot woman look normal.
>>
>safety
>easy
>safety before easy
Wait... what? Safety means Very Easy? Or that you can't lose? Or that your enemies can't finish you off? Or that you can heal yourself with no item or sp limits?
>>341746642
When you want Personas with the right skills, you do. Specially in P3.
>>
Can someone post some of the webms of the menu animations? I remember they looked interesting but I can't find them now
>>
File: P5 Shop.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
P5 Shop.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>341771569
>>
File: P5 Doctor.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
P5 Doctor.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>341772181
>>
>>341743482
Every time I see this game I regret giving up on learning moon two years ago
>>
File: P5 Menu.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
P5 Menu.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>341772324
>>
File: Death.png (317 KB, 504x859) Image search: [Google]
Death.png
317 KB, 504x859
>>341772324
Hot
>>
>>341743482
some people just wanna enjoy the comfy highschool sim and cruise through the actual gameplay to get it over with
it's not like they took out hard mode
>>
Maybe I should have played easy mode in Persona 4
God only knows how much longer it would have taken me to beat it if I didn't have save states.

And it's not like the combat was particularly fun either or anything.
I welcome saftey modo. I don't like grinding.
>>
>>341772501
so fucking good. there's enough symbols to make the game playable in Jap but i really dont want to stumble around the story
>>
>>341772181
>>341772324
>>341772501
Cheers man
>>
>>341772618
All that's left is to find out if you can bang her.
>>
>>341771437
safety is a difficulty easier than easy and used to be localized as very easy; it's just extremely easy and gives you a fuckton of free revive items
safety and risky have been in the games since P3P, i think atlus USA started leaving the original names in PQ and P4U2
>>
>>341772874
This.
People mostly play for the comfy highschool stuff and getting a waifu and feeling like you have friends that love and value you.
Of course the rpg stuff is necessary, but it's content is really hardly a priority.
>>
File: All-out.jpg (52 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
All-out.jpg
52 KB, 640x360
>>
The last game is around 80 hours long. Its fair to say. Anyone with jobs/study do not have that much free time.
>>
nobody plays Persona for the jrpg aspect
>>
>>341773758
I didn't know that my name was nobody
>>
>>341773119
I see. P3P I started on the hardest available difficulty because I was already used to P3/4 and in P3P you can control everyone so it's easier with no "MARIN KARIN" bullshit.
>>
File: Confused.jpg (38 KB, 205x173) Image search: [Google]
Confused.jpg
38 KB, 205x173
>>341773358
>>341773758
Why can't I like both?
>>
>>341773758
>tfw I'm the only person on the planet that has more fun dungeon crawling and doing battles than doing social links
>>
>>341752590
Imagine genuinely believing this
>>
File: 1465235583286.jpg (34 KB, 318x336) Image search: [Google]
1465235583286.jpg
34 KB, 318x336
>>341773758
I guess I'm nobody then
>>
>>341767219
They don't translate anything until the game is done, I saw this coming ages ago. If a jap game gets a worldwide release, that means it was deliberately delayed for Japs.
>>
Will this end up having one of the greatest OSTs of all time?
>>
>>341773928
This. Persona is fun because it has both.
>>
>>341773758
That's basically what all the trailers have shown so far though so its got to have some appeal if we're all talking about it. Even the social links we've seen are the shop owners.
>>
File: Magic-8-Ball.jpg (33 KB, 650x300) Image search: [Google]
Magic-8-Ball.jpg
33 KB, 650x300
>>341773013
>shopkeeper
>not a highschooler
>has a "sexy older woman" voice
>>
>>341774251
Persona games always do.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.