[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was it a good game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (287 KB, 456x409) Image search: [Google]
image.png
287 KB, 456x409
Was it a good game?
>>
Yes, much better than a lot of its predecessors
>>
Terrible gameplay mechanics.
Horrendous level design.
Bad story.
Awful characters.
But somehow it sold well. Could someone explain that to me? What specifically did you guys like about it?
>>
>>341742717
It was pretty gud. Right up there with Blazing Sword.
>>
i have no real experience with the rest of the series so i am unburdened by nostalgia
its pretty good, not perfect
i understand the "waifus ruined it" argument, even if it is stupid
Awakening is the reason the series still exist
>>
>>341743079

Nintendo and fap bait. Anybody who tells you differently is lying.
>>
>>341743130

I wish it died then.
>>
>>341743079
Waifus anon

Imo is a good game by itself, not very good in comparison to the rest of the series. But alas, thanks to it FE is not dead like advance wars
>>
>>341743079
better localization than Fates by miles
minimal censorship
dual audio
simple but well presented story
>>
>>341742717
Poor entry in a great series
>>
>>341743162
>>341743079
This pretty much. FE is a subpar srpg series in general.

But Awakening took it a step further and decided to be awful in every possible way.
>>
>>341743294
Fates was nintendized because Awakening made money. Such is the path of the NoA
>>
File: 1396235707056.jpg (81 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1396235707056.jpg
81 KB, 612x612
>>341742717

>The knight who's quirk is nobody every notices him
>Even on the cover art he's hidden in the bottom right corner
>>
>>341742717
It's pretty alright
>>
>>341743516
I actually felt sad when I saw his ending.
>>
>>341743130
>Awakening is the reason the series still exist

There's been one game (split into 3 games) since then, Anon. One. Getting a little ahead of yourself.

FE never had any problem chugging along before Awakening came along. There was no shortage of FE games previously. Gens 6 and 7 both had multiple entries.
>>
I can't finish this pile of shit while I loved the shit out of fates.
What's wrong with me?
>>
>>341742717
It was ok
I enjoyed my time with it
>>
>>341743973
There is nothing wrong. Awakening is boring as fuck.
>>
>>341742717
I've been playing it recently and really enjoying it. It's my first Fire Emblem game though.

>>341743079
When amiibos released the FE sold like hotcakes because of Smash (we didn't have a shortage here). Could be related. Plus waifus and husbandos.
>>
>>341743973
Fates is an improvement over Awakening in every way
>>
Whenever I see a waifu, a part of me dies.
>>
I think people shit on it too much just because it casualized the series. It introduced new interesting mechanics and it perfected a lot of the mechanics from several of the earlier games. The only issue with is that the maps get quite weak later on, it's a shame the whole game couldn't have been like the early chapters are on hard mode.
While Fates improves most of Awakening's mistakes, it introduces a lot of issues of its own that aren't related directly to the plot. The biggest being that everyone's favorite campaign just relies on shitty level gimmicks akin to FF5. I think that Hoshido is more or less what a "perfect' Awakening would have been like in map design, even thought it also lacks map variety like Awakening.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.