[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I haven't browsed for awhile so I don't know what's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 10
File: Witcher_3_cover_art.jpg (57 KB, 292x414) Image search: [Google]
Witcher_3_cover_art.jpg
57 KB, 292x414
I haven't browsed for awhile so I don't know what's going on.

But why do all of a sudden people hate Witcher 3 now?
>>
>>341732132
But we love Witcher 3 bro.
>>
>>341732132

Underage b&s with console war mindsets
>>
>>341732132
because /v/ hates conformists
>>
>>341732132
it was pretty bad bland openworld shit.
>>
>>341732132
/v/ is a retarded place, what else did you expect?
>>
It's too popular.
>>
No one hates Witcher 3.

What I do hate though is that the only "defense" people can make against the new zelda seems to be using witcher 3 and it's dumb they aren't even similar games.
>>
>>341732132
Because legal retards like >>341732438
posting on this board.
>>
/v/ has hated it from day 1, and a few people that shitpost non-stop about popular critically acclaimed games they haven't played

most opinions on /v/ are just people parroting others on /v/ that have a contrarian opinion. I would bet that less that have of the board actually played Witcher 3 or Bloodborne.
>>
>>341732132
buy it on gog.com
>>
>>341732132
It won Goty
>>
>>341732132
Familiarity breeds contempt
>>
I don't hate it. It just has a lot of flaws that are overlooked.

Based game to me is a 7.5/10. Haven't played HoS yet.
>>
>>341732132
People realized it's just as mediocre as Skyrim and Dragon Age: Inquisition.
>>
>>341732850

give an example of a good game released in the last two years
>>
>>341732132
who knows. Could be Nintendo guys bitching about Zelda being pretty much a Witcher 3 clone
>>
>>341732968
Bloodborne
>>
>>341732968

Xenoblade X
Fire Emblem: Dawn of Radiance
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Mario Maker
Mario Kart 8
>>
>>341732132

Gee, could it be because /v/ isn't one person and some people disagree about the game?
>>
I played through the first two games and loved them, replayed the second one two times.
I wasn't able to finish Witcher 3, let alone the expansions. The open world meme ruined it. Big, bland and soul-less with way too much padding.
>>
>>341732968
>implying
>>
File: 1458331282958.jpg (216 KB, 1335x2000) Image search: [Google]
1458331282958.jpg
216 KB, 1335x2000
>>341732968

XCOM2
>>
>>341733228
Heh, good one
>>
For the same reason people started disliking Skyrim after the initial hype died down. It's not a good game.
>>
>>341733081
sorry mommy doesnt let me play games with tons of blood and swearing and dark and edgy and bad games too
>>341733128
>nintendo shit
>>341733228
>strategy tactical shit for old people
>>
It's not like people started hating the Witcher 3

They just are more active because of all the spam like "WOW DLC BLOOD&WINE IS GOTY HOW DOES IT FEEL SOULSFAGS/WHATEVER" or "WOW CAN WE ALL AGREE THAT THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER"?

Basically, most radical witchercucks got as retarded as soulsfags and that's why it's easier to spot negative opinions - everyone who sat silent ignoring The Witcher 3 because they didn't like it started saying out loud what they think about the game.

And don't try to justify that shit with "W-WELL /v/ TRIES TO BE CONTRARIAN"
>>
>>341733438
>i can't understand bait: the post
>>
>>341732968
Xenoblade
Bloodborne
XCOM2
Dark Souls 3
>>
>>341732132
Bloodborne piss skins upset that this a better game.
>>
>>341732132
I wasn't here for over a year cuz I've been shitposting on /tv/ while getting redpilled by /pol/ but I've also noticed that /v/ is once again filled with autistic sonyggers with DSP set of gaming skills. I thought they pretty much got bullied out of here when PS4 had no games.
>>
>>341732132
sonyniggers mad that call of souls 4 didn't win the GOTY
>>
>>341733438
t. someone failing for sonyniggers false flags
>>
>>341732132

It's cool to hate what's popular.
>>
>>341732132
I've always hated it. Core RPG is trash. Any game with shit gameplay is trash. Witcher is fucking trash.
>>
>>341733438
Witcher bros have been pretty damn quiet about the game's success. If something like bloodboner had won GOTYs and whatnot, the >never ever posting wouldn't stop.
>>
>>341734814
It's typical for your average Sonygger to automatically discard every game they like as trash the moment it becomes multiplat, just look at DaS. But then again we deal with people who argue that 30 fps is optimal for games and that Blighttown fps drops were intentional by design.
>>
>>341734814
>Witcher bros have been pretty damn quiet about the game's success.

What the fuck man? You mean daily "Now that the dust has settled", "GOTY coming through", "Best game of all time", "Sonyggers/Nintendrones BTFO" threads and raids on /vg/?
>>
>>341735234
Tons of falseflags.
>>
>>341735234
There's like millions of people who played W3, how can you expect there wouldn't be a single rotten apple among them? If bloodboner had won 50% of the playerbase would be shitposting about it to this day. With witcher only an extremely small handful of the playerbase shitposts.

The amount of witcher hype threads is even smaller than the amount of Witcher shitposting threads made by assblasted fromdrones
>>
>>341735602
>i-it's all fromdrones
Bullshit. All fromdrones are falseflagging witcherfags, now what?
>>
>>341735854
That wasn't even my argument, but yes most shitposters tend to come out as fromdrones very quickly
>>
>>341732132
Honeymoon phase wore off so everyone is seeing EVERYTHING wrong with the game and realizing it was always a 6/10.
>>
>>341736038
Actually Witcher is the kind of game you just fall in love with the more you play. You'd know that if you weren't a shitposter who either never played or quit after getting bored in the first 40 min.
>>
>>341736176
>This game gets better with time
>Thats why its combat sucks and is preschool easy
>side quests are follow witcher path kill shit get paid
>the story is spliced from hub to hub
>it has an unnecessary leveling system
>its perk tree might as well not exist
>equipment is more gimmicky than Dark Souls
>the game is so black and white youd have to be 13 to think it ever attempts at moral ambiguity
>everyone exists to make geralt look better or fuck him
>the dlc just tries to come up with half baked plots they couldnt shove into the main storyline
>player base impressed by cut and renamed beard dlc
Its literally My First RPGtm

Try me bitch.
>>
>>341736176
Yeah, the casual facebook audience absolutely loves this game and Skyrim. Everyone else sees them for what they are: mediocrity.
>>
>>341736940
>>Thats why its combat sucks and is preschool easy
The combat doesn't suck, and for an RPG it's top-tier. It's not "preschool easy" either (depending on whether you make an OP build ofc), next you probably say it's button mashing even though almost all enemies block or interrupt combos.

>>side quests are follow witcher path kill shit get paid
The side quests are the most well thought-out of any game I've played in years, but of course you tackle on to the few optional monster hunts and treasure hunts.

In fact, your opinions are all either so fucking dumb or flat out false that I won't waste my time countering the rest of your drivel
>>
I don't hate it, nor did I jump in the bandwagon. I do however feel like it was utterly disappointing. I prefered the previous games, open world just fucking sucks.
>>
>>341737067
Actually, anyone with a hint of taste sees TW3 is a top-tier RPG and a video game
>>
>>341732132
because /v hates games
>>
>>341737457
Sure thing, facebook.
>>
I am currently hating it because it keeps CTD'ing on me, has only happened in Novidrad so far, I have had 10 CTDs in total.
>>
>>341737517
Sure thing, PS4 dudebro
>>
>>341737457
Witcher 3 is not an RPG
>>
>>341737703
That's called a baseless assumption, facebook. You're not very good at this.
>>
>>341737789
>story-focused
>tons of dialog
>questing, free to do anything at any time
>exploring
>all the rest of RPG elements
>not an RPG
Sure thing, friend
>>
>>341737802
>baseless assumption
>"ur facebook XD"
And you seem to be terminally retarded

Why does Witcher 3 being good make you this mad? Seriously, enlighten me.
>>
>>341737253
>combat was hard
>sometimes i had to stop hitting LMB to win
>everything on the map was a question mark
>so i did it all
>even though they were all just different version of the same thing
>listen to geralt bitch and moan about shit
>find the question mark
>kill anything nearby and then move on
>i also cant come up with any justification why your wrong about other points
>so ill just say your wrong and leave
>hopefully no one notices my bleeding ass from the OBJECTIVELY GOTY BUTTHURT I just recieved
Dude the game has massive flaws and ignoring them only makes you look foolish. Its a 7/10 at best. Its a less fun Inquisition but a better polished Mad Max.
>>
>>341738527
>>sometimes i had to stop hitting LMB to win
Ah, just what I was expecting. Button mashing gets you killed in record time unless it's against a single weak enemy.
>>everything on the map was a question mark
You know you can turn the markers off if they bother you?

>Its a 7/10 at best.
If it's a 7/10 for you, fine. 7/10 is pretty good so I hope you can see how somebody else with different taste might rate it very high.
>>
>>341732968
the witcher 3
>>
>>341737954
Well you actually like bad games like Skyrim and Witcher 3, and those games happen to be loved by facebook. It's anything but baseless. Yours on the other hand, has no logical basis. In light of this it's really ironic that you of all people would call someone retarded. And it's even more ironic that after that, you would go on to call me mad when you're the one throwing out insults like "retarded" even though that applies to you based on everything you posted. Are you on medication?
>>
>>341738784
When did I say I like Skyrim? Because I don't.
>calling my accusations baseless while putting words in my mouth
>>
>>341732132

Utterly shit gameplay.
>>
>>341739128
Wrong. The gameplay is god-tier, and the combat is good too.
>>
>>341738954
Now there's a surprise. How could you not like that when it offers the same draws with the same depth as Witcher 3? In fact, it's probably better when it comes to gameplay, slightly worse in terms of characters but these two even out to make them equal quality games.

Are you on medication though?
>>
>>341732132
>DUDDE WTF WHY DOES SOMEONE HATE A GAME I LIKE XD
>>
>>341739350
>In fact, it's probably better when it comes to gameplay
Are YOU on medication?

>slightly worse in terms of characters
>SLIGHTLY
Pleb king 2016
>>
>>341739493
No, I'm not. Are you though? I asked twice now and you haven't answered. Do you even understand the question or is it beyond you?
>>
>>341732132
It's the chad of videogames.

Anything that is popular, successful, and well-regarded /v/ disdains.
>>
>>341739183
Wrong, both shit
>>
>>341732817
>based
>mediocre score
What did he mean with this?
>>
>>341739690
People usually don't bother answering retarded insults masked as questions. Now that you know, you can stop F5ing for my answer.
>>
>>341740076
But it was already clearly explained above why this question is very much warranted. Are you on medication?

And I can see you're new, facebook, so I'll let you in on the fact that most people use auto-updaters. No need to press F5.
>>
>>341732132
>all of a sudden-shitposting
report and move on
>>
>>341740347
No, I'm not on medication, and I'm in good psychological health. Happy?

Now can you tell me what ticks you off so badly about TW3 being a great game?
>>
>>341732132
You're kidding right? Stick around for a non-falseflag thread and you'll see how much people love it... Hell, I doubt there's a board on 4chan that doesn't consider it a masterpiece. /tv/ loves it, /his/ loves it and so on... but only /v/ happens to hate it? Give me a break. Unless by referencing /v/ you mean a minority that suspiciously posts the same webms and falseflag threads daily and samefag their own threads, rather than the majority of people who played it.
>>
Combat was pretty trash. Environment was convoluted. It felt like there wasnt a lot of planning when layong out environments.

Gwent is pretty neat. Overall i sold it/10
>>
>>341740542
Fuck off shill
>>
>>341740542
Actually, the vast majority of /v/ loves it too if you check actual polls and not read the threads infested by a few turbo-autists
>>
Everytime
>>
>>341732132
>le /v/ is one person may may
You've still much to learn, kid...
>>
>>341740531
You're either lying, or you actually believe you're in good mental health, which means you're very clearly delusional. Either way I'm not happy, because I want you to be healthy. You should be on medication. Were you born this way or is it a result of a tragic disease or accident?

Nothing ticks me off because it's nowhere near being a great game. What a stupid question, very fitting for you.
>>
>>341740949
>makes personal attacks against my mental health
>while shitposting for an hour in a thread about a game he's probably not played or only played a short while
Not even sure what you're trying to achieve, but you should seek help.
>>
>>341741135
It's not an attack nor shitposting, it's just a logical conclusion. I think it would be better if you stopped looking at your condition as a weakness and tried to accept it, and take medication.

Also, once again you missed the question. Seems like your brain has problems processing them. Here, you can try again:
Were you born this way or is it a result of a tragic disease or accident?
>>
>>341741495
>Were you born this way or is it a result of a tragic disease or accident?
No diseases or accidents

Since you have such hard time understanding people can dismiss your dumb questions, and since you keep posting with an unhealthy obsession in a thread about a game you don't like, I have much greater LOGICAL reason to assume you have yourself some brain problems.
>>
Witcher is a 7/10 series.
Witcher fans are a 0/10 fanbase.
>>
>>341741787
So you were born this way. I'm so sorry.

Anon, you wouldn't know logic if it slapped you in the face. But it's okay, just take medication. How is your family dealing with it? Are they holding up okay? And how come you're not already on medication? Don't tell me they didn't even try. Do you violently spaz out every time they try?
>>
>>341742189
>keeps throwing around the word logic like he thinks that would give him higher ground on a debate
Your "logic" is concluding I have mental problems because I don't like Skyrim. You sure are a master of logic. It's kind of fun how you keep going in these little circles and never come back to discussing the actual game instead of flinging shit at me.
>>
>>341732132
I don't hate it but I don't think its that great either

The dialogue, music and art design is mostly great but it suffers from bad quest design, lazy padding, pretty poor pacing in the story and sub-par gameplay

Its a relaxing talk-athon but other than that I don't think its that amazing.
>>
Certain fanbase is assblasted that Witcher won GOTY 2015
>>
>>341732132
most people played the real goty by now, bloodborne which shits on witcher in every way
>>
Bloodborne GOTY 2014
Dark Souls 3 GOTY 2016
Witcherfags getting BTFO
>>
I hated it until I learned how to play it properly. Literally just learn both dodge moves, use the shield spell and sell everything you can to make dosh
>>
File: skyrim vs witcher 3.jpg (339 KB, 1019x1195) Image search: [Google]
skyrim vs witcher 3.jpg
339 KB, 1019x1195
>>341732132
It's a game with shit gameplay that witchercucks actually defend.

>>341742720
The best thing about this is that it forces witchershills to admit that Skyrim is better.
>>
>>341742394
Again, logic is just very far from you. Liking or disliking Skyrim doesn't change anything about the conclusion based on everything you posted.

So let's try again, since your brain was just once more incapable of even grasping the questions:
How is your family dealing with it? Are they holding up okay? And how come you're not already on medication? Don't tell me they didn't even try. Do you violently spaz out every time they try?
>>
>>341732132

because /v/ is done liking it.
>>
>>341743227
Projecting much?
>>
Currently on my second playtrough, Death March this time.

I think the game suffers from a couple things to a great extent, for example story pacing, quest design and combat.

On top of that the game likes to pad out its content a FUCKLOAD, where theres just so much pointless shit you need to do before anything progresses.
>>
>>341743429
No. Can you really not even understand the questions? Is that how mentally deficient you are?
>>
>>341743216
noice bait bro.
how can anyone say that skyrim is better than witcher with serious face?
skyrim had fucking awful quests, worse combat than Witcher 1, dialogue written by 10 year old etc.
>>
>>341733228
Who is this semen sorcerer
>>
>>341743547
Do you understand it?austim is a beautiful thing anon.
>>
>>341732132

It has a bland story a boring main character and the combat is shit. I didn't even like it back in 2015
>>
File: Skyrim_is_more_of_an_RPG.jpg (82 KB, 1130x367) Image search: [Google]
Skyrim_is_more_of_an_RPG.jpg
82 KB, 1130x367
>>341743605
Witcher 3 quest we also awful
>>
>>341732132
It became well-known and pretty much universally praised so /v/ hates it by default now. That's literally it.
>>
I honestly think they took the the piss a bit with the size of the game. I played for 8 hours and completed 1% of the trophies.
>>
>>341743737
So your condition is autism. Damn. I'll take your word for it that it feels beautiful, I don't even wish it on my enemies though. I'm so sorry you had to be born this way.
>>
>>341743874
By that logic Dragon Age Inquisition is also a better game. Fuck off smug animu girl.
>>
>>341743874
best quests i've ever seen in any single player game. surely they weren't perfect, but WAY better than skyrim. side quests/contracts actually felt like they were worth doing them. unlike most games with "kill x amount of monsters" or "go to this cave and retrieve that thing for me" quests. skyrim had weakest quests in the whole elder scrolls series
>>
File: Why_is_this_allowed.jpg (850 KB, 5380x1348) Image search: [Google]
Why_is_this_allowed.jpg
850 KB, 5380x1348
>>341744152
>>341744216
>>
>>341740824
>Pure discussion on the souls series
>>
>>341743992
But what are you talking about,your autism surely is intensified,i mean arguing with a random person on a anonymous board,even though it completely evades the discussion of the thread,you should seek help because denying your autism will only make your life harder,godspeed my retarded friend.
>>
File: witcher autism.png (985 KB, 1913x3955) Image search: [Google]
witcher autism.png
985 KB, 1913x3955
>>341743216
>>341743874
>>341740824
A
U
T
I
S
M
>>
>>341744216
Not that same anon, but you literally can't defend quest design like this:>>341744307

Witches Senses in general were a fucking retarded mechanic that shouldn't have existed in the first place. It turns a fuckload of quests to (follow red shit, do X, come back)
It gets repetitive in the first area of the game and it carries on throughout the entire game.
>>
>>341744216
>responding seriously to bait pics
You have a lot to learn. AVOID these threads like the plague. You can identify a good witcher thread 2 ways, either the topic is centered on a part of the plot so the posters talk directly about the game, or the thread is found in a board other than /v/. Any other thread is quickly overrun by bait-tier arguments like "is witcher 3 an RPG" or "skyrim is better". Follow my advice and you can't go wrong.
>>
>>341744493
What?
>>
>>341732132
just shit posters. anyone that has played the series all the way through, knows its a masterpiece. witcher 1 is max comfy once you get past act 2. and 3 is max comfy the enitre time.

cdred is easily the best gaymen company in the current time. it's a fact. cyberpunk will confirm this in the future. I already know it
>>
>>341744307
what the fuck is this shit? have you even played the game? there were probably 5 quests like this in game
>>
>>341744216
Not even the best quests in its own series
>>
>>341744327
I'm not arguing with you, poor little autist. I'm asking questions and you're just too stupid to answer them. But now we know for certain why. And again, you are just being delusional but I know you of all people understands how hard autism can make a life. I'm so sorry you were born that way. You really should let your family medicate you.
>>
>>341733418
idiot
>>
>>341744493
A lot of his arguments are completely valid though, no matter his autism.
>>
File: Autism.jpg (827 KB, 2371x2097) Image search: [Google]
Autism.jpg
827 KB, 2371x2097
Never forget that Witcher shtposter are autistc
>>
>>341743871
ure so cool
>>
>>341742539
This
Also shit itemization and level gated content
>>
>>341744905
>wtf why doesn't he like Witcher 3
>>
>>341744493
forgot the part where he is revealed to be from reddit
>>
>>341744307
but this quest is still better written than anything in any of the TES games
>>
>>341744802
>"all this game has proved is that /v/ give games a pass for having shitty gameplay and excessive cinematic story telling because well I dont really know"

Hes right you know.
The gameplay really isn't all that great. You could practically experience The Witcher 3 by just watching it on youtube because the main focus is on cutscenes and dialogue, both of which aren't worth 70 euros/dollaridoos.
>>
>>341744802
I really wonder how sad of a life life someone has to have to do shit like this
>>
>>341732132
WTF I hate The Witcher 3 now?
>>
>>341745025
That's just wrong
>>
>>341732132

Success breeds jealousy

Most people love TW3, those who hate it are legitimate spergs.
>>
>>341745141
You're right, it's wrong that bethesda writers are this bad
>>
>>341737789
>Gothic is not an RPG
That's how you sound
>>
>>341745256
No .

Oblivion quest shits on Witcher 3 """""quest"""""
>>
>>341744567
Have you? 90% of the quests are go here, pick some notes or wait for Geralt to mumble something, use witcher senses, follow red trail, fight reskinned monsters
>>
>>341745335

>Horrible Opinion: The Post
>>
>>341746280
No this is
>>341745025
>>
>>341732132
>rpg
>cant make your own character
>play as a generic white guy with cancer voice nr 9999

whop de do
i wonder hwy people hate it
>>
>>341747220

Except nobody hates it and plenty of RPGs dont have character creators.
>>
>>341732132
>people hate Witcher 3 now
>hate Witcher 3

Are you beef? If you played the whole game in 4k on the highest settings, you would say this is the best game in 201X.
>>
>>341732132
it won like bazillion goty-awards and anything that gets more attention than /v/'s own circlejerk turns automatically to shit in /v/'s eyes
>>
>>341747220
>Geralt
>Generic white guy

Leave summerfag and stick to your biocuck games
>>
>>341747220
>I need to make my own avatar to get immersed into the plot, me me me me me ME!

go menstruate somewhere else, youre stinking up the board
>>
>>341743727
Gays don't get to have clever names.

All you get is boi pussy. Savor it faggot.
>>
>>341745102
naw gameplay is fine.
>>
>>341733081

If you took me into a room blindfolded, game me a controller, told me to play and unblindfolded me I would assume I was playing dark souls.

They are essentially the same exact game. Dark Souls was kind of fun, but the combat is clunky and god awful. I played dark souls 2 as well and got bored after a couple hours.
>>
>>341744307

Daily reminder that you do not have to use witcher senses at all.

You could search the room yourself to find the bottle.

When trying to track down monsters or people, they leave actual physical foot prints in the dirt that you can find and follow without witcher senses.

You do not HAVE to use them if you find them too casual. You can do it all with your own two eyes if you prefer, the option is there.
>>
File: mercy_heal_slut_0.gif (1 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
mercy_heal_slut_0.gif
1 MB, 400x400
I like it but the combat is pretty janky and either I suck or signs feel weak as fuck. I quit my playthrough a little way through because I'm going to play a sword and minor signs Geralt instead of full on signs but I have to take time to recover.
>>
>>341740045
7.5 out of 10 is an above average, good game. 10 is supposed to be a perfect game and is almost unattainable.

People overuse 10/10 and it makes the rating useless.
Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.