[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Never play the original, is this good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68
File: odin-sphere-leifthrasir-ps-vita.jpg (122 KB, 800x445) Image search: [Google]
odin-sphere-leifthrasir-ps-vita.jpg
122 KB, 800x445
Never play the original, is this good?
>>
God no. It's just as empty as Dragon's Crown. The appeal comes entirely from being a weeb who thinks artwork is real people.
>>
>>341730581
It's fun. Just take some time off before starting a new character.
>>
>>341730581
the original has beautiful artwork and is well written, but the gameplay is terribly repetitive and boss battles are a trainwreck
the remake is pretty much an across the board improvement, a rethinking of all the game's systems, and if you liked muramasa or dragon's crown then you should enjoy it
>>
>>341730581
It's fun until you realize it reuses assets and maps like there is no tomorrow and you basically have to play through the entire game 5 times.

Never finished the original, got bored after finishing Cornelius story.
>>
>>341730824
>Never finished the original
Nor should you. The original is honestly a terrible game save for the art and writing. Vanillaware has come a long way since Odin Sphere.
>>
>>341730581
The original was OK, but the remake actually refines the combat to be a lot more crazy. Not DMC crazy but somewhere close. It feels like you're playing MvC2 where you are doing nothing but aerial combos while linking magic attacks between, so if that sounds like something you'll enjoy, pick up the remake, because that's all you'll be doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ByBhd8P8EQ
>>
>>341730581
It's my fav game on the Vita so far. Took Muramasa's place
>>
>>341731084
Oswald > Cornelius > Gwen > shit > Mercedes > Velvet
>>
I just finished Cornelius' story and I wish I could skip the gameplay and just watch the story scenes.

It's really easy and repetitive on normal.
>>
People who think this game is fun haven't played it yet. The story is pretty interesting, but after to your third character and having to redo ALL that shit again, it gets old.
>>
>>341731497
I went straight to hard mode, and it's still sort of easy, but the mid-boss and end level bosses kick my ass. Still loving the game.
>>
>>341731739
Redoing most of the stages is indeed boring as shit, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't fun trying to be stylish with the combat. Granted, it's not nearly as flexible as something like DMC or Bayonetta, but I still find fun just to try and see how long I can keep the enemies in the air.
>>
>>341731497
So play on a harder difficulty you fucking idiot.
>>
It's shallow and repetitive. Dragon's Crown could not be called a deep game but it still had more complexity than this. It had better levels as well. It's the better game if you had to pick one or the other. If you want Odin Sphere remake just wait and get a used copy for like $15 later.
>>
>>341732974
>Implying playing harder stops the game from being repetitive as fuck
>>
>>341732974
Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>341732974
I've never played it before this. How the fuck would I know?
>>
>>341733794
>playing through the same environments = repetitive
How? You play through as 5 characters that play very differently. If you're really that bored by it you don't have to explore everything and even if you do each area takes like 30 minutes to complete
Adding more environments wouldn't make it less repetitive because they all play exactly the same.
>>
>>341733506
Wew this is some next level bait right here. This is a much much better game than Dragons Crown. The only positive that had for it was that it had multiplayer. It was easily one of the most boring games I've I've ever played.
>>
>>341730581
The original was good but the combat was meh, they changed the combat to be like Muramasa in Leifthrasir.
>>
I want to impregnate Gwendolyn
>>
>>341734257
Honestly the combat is a lot better than muramasa. Although the bossfights kind of end up just being spam fears. But that might be different on higher difficulties.
>>
>>341734005
Doesn't matter, the stages are the same shit and having to do them with a different characters doesn't make it better.
>>
>pcucks being in this much denial
>>
>>341734527
There could be a million different looking stages but it would all be the same shit. If you got bored by it it's your own taste and not the game being shit. Maybe if autists didn't play through every character in the same sitting and paced it a little differently you wouldn't get bored so quickly by it.
>>
>>341734496
I don't trust you with a kid.
>>
>>341734527
The background is the only thing that's the same, you've clearly never played it
>>
>>341730581

I liked it. It's like playing a story book, in art and dialogue, so expect that going in. You can juggle pretty hard in combat and make long chains of attacks, if you're into that. The actual fights are pretty easy though. I recommend starting at a harder difficulty if you want any sort of challenge.
>>
>people defending the shitty level design

It's repetitive, fucking accept it already.
>>
>>341734881
>literally out of arguments because you have no real mechanical knowledge of the game
Calm down pcbro
>>
>>341734881
Much less repetitive than muramasa and Dragon crown.
>>
>>341733846
You should always choose hard on your first playthrough of anything.
>>
>>341734980
literally finished Gwen and Cornelius' story on Hard without much effort except some mid stage bosses
I'm pretty sure I know the mechanics
fuck off shitfuck

>>341735024
Haven't played those two but sure, I believe you
Doesn't mean Odin Sphere isn't repetitive
>>
>>341734679

but I want to make a beautiful Valkyrie a mother
>>
File: 1421023511919.jpg (310 KB, 1280x1556) Image search: [Google]
1421023511919.jpg
310 KB, 1280x1556
Good god Cornelius is shit compared to Gwendolyn

Im dieing to shit that couldn't even touch me before
>>
>all these posts
>no pooka

post pooka
>>
>>341735758
bruh you just need to git gud
learn to love the spin
>>
>>341735270
So sorry you had to watch a lets play until that point
>>
>>341735428
>Doesn't mean Odin Sphere isn't repetitive

So what? Its a side scrolling game about taking on waves of enemies and sometimes bosses
Lots of games are repetitive in some way
>>
>>341735963
Games nowadays are easy. You should always go on hard for your first playthrough whenever that option is available. But keep going on easy mode if you're so insecure and believe people who play on hard watch a "lets play" beforehand, anon.
>>
>>341735758
You just suck. His air combos are insane and his cheapest PP skill stuns pretty much everything. Keep a few drain potions on you and you can keep some enemies stunned for the entire battle.
>>
>>341736376
I never argued that it wasnt generally easy, but you don't seem to have much mechanical knowledge of the game beyond that of a lets play
>>
>>341734676
>You shouldn't play a game as long as you want because of bad level designs and it's the players fault for getting bored and not the developers for half assing their game

Sure buddy, it's my own fault. I'll make sure to restrict my game time.
>>
I never got why people like Vanillaware games so much. I beat Odin Sphere, Dragon's Crown and Muramasa and the three of them have the same problem: eyecandy games with 10 hours worth of content, then repeat everything with different characters.
>>
why is this allowed
>>
>>341730824
Their first over one million budget game was Dragon's Crown. What do you exactly think they'd be capable of doing with less than one million budget?
>>
If it's not on PC, it's simply not up to the standards of PC gamers, therefore it's shit. I thought this was well known by now
>>
>>341738470
There are people who like grinding in mmos or musou games as well.
As long as there is a small incentive, people don't mind repetitive gameplay too much if it's at least serviceable.
>>
>>341738470
Because they're fun, very well made for the budget, and give you multiple ways to approach a level?
>>
>>341739647
>for the budget
stopped reading right there
>>
>>341739823
Good argument
>>
>>341730581
So what are the changes in Leifthransir again, aside from the obvious graphic boosts? I know they improved the combat and stats, and also added in that touring restaurant guy, but did they add anything to the plot at all, or any new bosses or enemies or anything?
>>
File: 2016-06-16-231852.jpg (134 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-16-231852.jpg
134 KB, 960x544
Yeah but god did Velvet's playstyle feel bad. I had to be overleveled with her by 10 levels to stand a chance in any trial stage and regularly died to minibosses.
>>
>>341740915
yes, new bosses and enemies, stages are not just flat terrain now but have more ledges and stuff.
Combat is vastly improved, itemization is improved. Basically everything is improved and appears to be done so in a good way.
>>
>>341733506
But the amount of skills you have in this game make the combo possibilities more deep than in Dragon's Crown.
>>
>>341741145
i dont know man
what skills were you using
>>
>>341741264
Did they add anything to the plot? Any new scenes or anything like that?
>>
>>341741793
well pp skills I remember using a lot were
the standard fireball one + with the column of flame + the one that sets the floor on fire

If the boss had plenty of grunts which is commonly the case I'd also use the decoy spell in conjunction with the curse spell and then I'd use the POW skill that has you grab an enemy and swing them back and forth, causing most things to explode from the curse.

I'd also use the fire drill or dodge bombs as a standard means to deal damage on bosses

Overall I felt like I had to rely far more on invincibility frames from certain skills to survive than with any other character.
>>
>5 star difficulty
>hard mode
>2 x minibosses that i could barely beat before

whelp
>>
>>341742573
>Velvet's last trial
>3 of the grizzly bear odin soldiers at once.
>>
>>341738790
Look at the way she's dressed. She's asking for it.
>>
>>341730581
Will this ever come to PC ?
>>
>>341736659
Well it's your own fault for getting bored of it you fat fucking faggot. Not the devs fault it doesn't cater to whatever autistic taste you have cucklord.
>>
>>341743556
>it's a pkek begging episode
Just buy a PS4, or wait for NEO. There are enough games in this category to justify it
>>
>>341735758
You definitely aren't good on basic combat, Cornelius is designed with more variety in direct combat, in fact, if you are good with him you even use a single potion; his main thing is attack, attack and attack again, almost like Oswald.
>>
>>341741820
No, the audio is straight the original PS2 recording but remastered, in both EN and JP versions.

I don't want to spoil, but at the very end, the Best Ending, they at least added a new picture regarding the fate of two certain characters, it is the new thing regarding plot.

Spoiling it anyway:
There's a picture beyond the original PS2 pic for Mercedes becoming the actual Yggdrasil, the new pic is her roots reaching downards the Netherworld, down there we see Ignway admiring the single root thread, with a flower on it that's just like Mercedes crow.
>>
File: 41079972.jpg (54 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
41079972.jpg
54 KB, 512x512
>Just started playing Mercedes

How do I skip her and move on to the next character?
>>
>>341745068
Focus on getting the ability that speeds up POW regen/reloading.
>>
>>341742672
Not that guy but actually didn't have trouble with that trial, the Berserkers are quite easy to stun.

In my opinion the far worst Mid-Bosses are That Fucking Dwarf Airship, the Frost Giant and the Phoenix Rider, holy shit, on higher difficulties with higher levels they are just insane, not even gonna talk about theit Trial Versions, one is trouble enough but two? Just kill me.
>>
>>341745068
I thought she sucked at first too, but really the fact she can fly is a blessing if used correctly.

Seriously, many bosses become ridiculously easy with a good experienced Mercedes.
>>
>>341745208
>two frost giants at once
>one curls up into a giant snowball and starts bouncing around while the other jumps high into the air to land hard on top of you
>>
File: IMG_20160617_104302.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160617_104302.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
I love straight into hard mode. Took a while to get acclimated but once you find out what good skills and pots there are as well as how to keep combing to keep the damage piling on, it was great.

Cornelius took a bit to get good but he chains up so fast like so the skill to add damage bases on chain as well as continuous skill use combined with two vampire rings basically made him in killable as you spin/drill to win.

But now I'm on Mercedes and it is BRUTAL.

I like that her first shot has instaknockback which good for distance but even when wearing all damage increasing equips, She's super weak and now super fragile as well.

I struggled fighting Oswald but eventually beat him
Wagner was a tad easier
Interestingly enough, I didn't have much trouble with Titania stage

But the horn mountain trial with the 2 ice abominations. Holy fucking shit. What the fuck is that? I mean just why?
>>
File: tears.png (4 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
tears.png
4 KB, 400x400
>>341745208
>two frost giants with oswald
>>
>>341745490
you know vita can take screenshots
>>
>>341745615
That is a screenshot. No internet connectivity on vita or way to move pic from vita to phone. Unless you know of a way?
>>
Is there any disadvantage on playing on the PS4/3 than the Vita? The cursor in Dragons Crown PS3 was a bit of a pain
>>
>>341745798
you cant play it on the bus
>>
>>341745798
there's nothing like that in odin sphere
it was originally a PS2 game
>>
>>341745490
Just focus every Phozon on Mercedes base Psypher strenght, her very first Skill, the Flare Shot and Increased POW recovery.

With that she easily becomes unstopable if you are good enough to not her let get hit often.
>>
>>341745798
Nah there's no touch controls nor cursor control in any version of the game. Get it on the vita if you want portability or PS3/PS4 if you want higher res.
>>
>>341745967
>it was originally a PS2 game
The orignal PS2 game was littered with loading times; see how you just pass through every area smoothly in Leifthrasir? In the original game that had a loading screen.
>>
>>341745332
Fly is good for running away but I got too uses to timely evading with Gwen and Corny so it seems useless to me. How do you efficiently fight as Mercedes? She's just absolutely horrible. Also you stupid fucking girl even though he frog told you about the curse on YOUR OWN PEOPLE that turned then into frogs, you still refuse to kiss him and help turn he others back and even though you said grant him one wish. Fucking hell. I agree with
>>341745068

Also I'm confused as to how the timelines work in these stories because didn't Oswald kill Wagner? But then you meet him as Cornelius who kills Belial but you met Belial as Gwendolyn? And apparently corny story started before Gwen's cause her sister wasn't dead yet? I don't know what?
>>
>>341746270
The frogs ooze poison.
>>
>>341738959

Who's talking about budget here? Being low budget doesn't excuse a boring game. If they don't think a budget will allow them to make a good game, then maybe they should either rethink the game to make it better on a lower budget or put that budget towards something else.
>>
>>341746270
If you grab the cat and get on the couch you can see the timelines next to one another, Cornelius is the last guy that fought Belial because Belial died after him, Cornelius meets Wagner before Oswald.
>>
File: 1447361935342.jpg (11 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
1447361935342.jpg
11 KB, 300x250
Anyone claiming the game is easy even on Hard, have you bitches finished the game yet and unlocked Heroic Difficulty and Xtra New Game?

Heroic + Xtra = Your HP never raises beyond its base stats, meaning everything is a One Hit Kill, while eveything else remains a damage sponge.
>>
Why is Alice so cute?
>>
>>341746415
I got like 4 antidotes that I'm not using in my inventory.
>>
File: 1448391267669.jpg (36 KB, 410x308) Image search: [Google]
1448391267669.jpg
36 KB, 410x308
>>341746270
>Also I'm confused as to how the timelines work in these stories because didn't Oswald kill Wagner?
The game itself has an option to view cutscenes in chronological order, if you have problems following the plot now, just sit back, finish the game, then come back and watch everything in order.
>>
>>341746551
It's like hell or hell mode from Devil may crys. I bet you have to basically have an entire inventory full of ice spirits for some bosses.
>>
>>341746185
what does that have to do with it
he was asking if it's like dragon's crown where some things are made for a touch screen
>>
>>341746602
Because superior ancestor genes.
>>
>>341746270
go to the menu and open up story tab

it shows you the timeline of all cutscenes

You should of been tipped off when you see Griselda alive during the begginng of Pooka prince that these are all interwoven.
>>
>>341746746
>>341746520
Oh okay that's cool. Guess I'll just keep soldiering on them. I can see it getting worse for her.

From what I saw in that boss battle, Oswald seems like he might be fun to play as.
>>
>>341746772
Nope, you only have what you brought over from the first playthrough, your levels and items, although you can just spend all day creating Ice Spirits to ease the pain.
>>
How the hell did anyone ever not know what characters to use in the armageddon fights? The clues are pretty blatant.
>>
>>341747014
Yeah that's what I meant. Cheese bosses or trials by "grinding" an inventory full of level 9 ice spirits
>>
What's the point on switching to previous chapters when you can select all the previous areas on current chapters?
>>
>>341731497
>>341733846

You can change to Hard Mode anytime you fucking retard.

Which you should have done in the first place. Even Hard is easier than the Normal Mode of the original game. And I played that one on Hard the first time no problem.
>>
>>341746985
>Oswald seems like he might be fun to play as.
He is, the most powerful character in the game.

He has drawbacks though, he actually has the worst chances of stunning an enemy and his defense is quite bad too, so if you aren't getting the upper and anihilating everything in your way, the enemy can quickly turn on you and fuck Oswald in half quite easily.

Oswald is ATTACK, ATTACK and not allow the enemy to counter attack.
>>
>>341747202
>when you can select all the previous areas on current chapters?
You can't. Some areas are not available. Plus you only get boss battles going back to a previous chapter.
>>
>>341747202
You cant though

some areas only appear in certain chapters
>>
>>341747293
Hadn't noticed. Thanks.
>>
>>341747202

Some stages are unavailable during certain chapters, and enemy levels from previous stages start scaling in later chapters.
>>
>>341747264
If I remember right I used adversity ring, vampiric ring and the jupiter ring/bangle with oswald then I went berserk and just spammed his skill that made him dash forward while slashing like crazy. It was funny seeing my hp go up and down from the damage I received and healed.
>>
>>341730581
i'm playing it now I always been a fan of vanillaware and their games but I can never complete them for some reason I seem to lose interest. With this game in hard mode on my first playthrough playing this like >>341731084 got my ass kicked. I played it more traditionally with more hit and run and magic/special moves and did much better but I rather go crazy so im maybe biased towards muramasa.
>>
>>341747264
Fascinating. Should be interesting from Gwen's freeze->combos/spells or Corny's skill spam. And Mercedes flip backwards while mashing square.
>>
File: 1437868644312.png (135 KB, 242x257) Image search: [Google]
1437868644312.png
135 KB, 242x257
>>341747049
They are, but who Oswald has to fight can be lost if you did not follow the plot closely.

At any case you do have to fail the order, many fucking times as a matter of fact, to get the True Best Ending.
>>
>>341731486
This
>>
>mfw I realized that oswald's berserk state only cancels after running out if you touch the ground
If only I had discovered this before chapter 6
>>
>>341747614
Yeah the fact that there were two six eyed beasts (one living and one dead) might have thrown some off.
>>
>>341731486
Man I was looking forward to playing as Velvet too. From what I saw of her boss fights.

Is it that bad? I thought she'd be one of the most powerful ones since burn damage is pretty devastating.
>>
>>341747795
i thought velvet was fun and oswald was the most boring
>>
>>341747987
Oswald was the strongest but most braindead character of the cast for me, no real thought had to be put into what you were going to do with him. Only thing you had to do was build the berserk gauge and get ready to rape. I found Cornelius more fun because of that difference.
>>
>>341747049

Because the characters don't fight the bosses that make sense from a writing perspective?

You'd think Cornelius would be the one to fight his evil grandfather who just killed his father and is destroying his city, and who gave him his sword. And that Mercedes would be the one to pacify her would-be lover, Ingway. And that Oswald would be the one to kill the guy who tried to cuck him.

Basically if you are savvy but don't read the poem with the clues closely enough, you'll pick the wrong sequence. And since this sequence gets more fleshed-out cutscenes than the "true" sequence it tricks you into believing you made the right choices.
>>
>>341731084
Haven't gotten very far in to the game, still on Gwen's story. How are they juggling the enemy after it's knockedown?
>>
>>341748125
Late game Cornelius was just broken. Stun bolt/reverse wall slash/drillx3, repeat

Bonuses from maxing the skill which increases damage for:
Stunned target
Back attack
Combo number
Consecutive skill

And if course since the boss is stunned, you won't get hit so go in with 1hp and adversity rings and that other one that gives damage boost based on loss of health.

Spin to win baby.
>>
File: 1420151315806.jpg (381 KB, 739x802) Image search: [Google]
1420151315806.jpg
381 KB, 739x802
>>341747795
She is quite bad if you do not know her game, still you seem smarter than the guy you replied to and noticed she has plenty of Fire Spells that can fuck things up with, also she is the only character whose Skills Ehance the damage of Potions.

Although that guy could be talking about Velvet in the original PS2 Game / Classic Mode, then yeah, she is trash, she didn't have all those nice skills back then.
>>
Gwen is straight up easy mode in a non intuitive sense. Get her freeze related skills and they go into every battle with red health. Every hit you do freezes enemies and does more damage. They can't do anything at all to you when they're a gigantic block of ice and depending on how smart you play, you can keep them as a gigantic block of ice until they turn into phozons.

Most players would probably be healing to survive and never know how broken Gwen truly is.
>>
>>341748509
Not him nor the guy he replied to but what was I doing wrong? I was >>341742401 and still felt like she was the weakest character.
>>
>>341748125
>no real thought had to be put into what you were going to do with him.
That's thing though, this mindset can fuck you up against enemies who require attacks their weak point, which requires thought, that's why Frost Giants and his Armageddon Boss are harder while other characters have an easier time.
>>
>>341749010
True, weakspot bosses are his weakness since too many of his POW skills have him move around which makes only a few hits hit the weak point.
>>
>>341748924
Did you keep a certain distance with Velvet? Her attacks are stronger if you are her chain's lenght away from the enemy, also always use her Spider-Man maneuver to move through the battlefield.
>>
>>341747049
In PS2 version there was some poem you had to follow.
And if you paid attention to details and some prophercies, rather than personal vendettas. you would know.
I also remember there were some personal bad endings in some fights.
>>
>>341748913
>>341748410
Any tips like these for Mercedes?
>>
>>341749269
That's the thing, the fire drill which is one of her harder hitting POW skills forces her to get up close to enemies, which sort of clashes against her skill that lets her deal more damage if she's farther away. It felt like if her character suffered from bad skill synergy.
>>
>>341749604
but she has the fireball skill that makes her jump back
>>
>>341735758
How shit are you? He's godlike.

>stuns out the ass
>damage out the ass
>knockback out the ass
>easiest juggles when you exhaust a lifebar with spiral claw

The game throws two chocobo riders at you at some point and you STILL destroy them.
>>
>>341749735
I rarely tried using the drill + fireball, thanks for the tip.
>>
>>341749518
Focus all Phozons on her Psypher strenght, then her very first Skill, the Bigass Shot, and POW revory time and Reloading speed.

Equip Vampiric Ring, and anything else that boosts her HP.

Learn to Fly well and basically play her like a Shot em' Up, always keep the distance the arrow bullets allow you to.

Mercedes has a rough start but she easily has the easiest Armageddon Fight.
>>
File: 1393241655318.jpg (32 KB, 300x377) Image search: [Google]
1393241655318.jpg
32 KB, 300x377
>>341747706
>using Cornelius lightning sword power-up for the first time
>you literally leave lightning arcs behind you when doing aerial dashes
>>
>>341747706
Add to the fact his PP based Berserk Mode, Madness, also raises the normal Berserk Matter while in use.

So if you just Max Madness and time things right, you can potentially have Oswald in Berserk mode almost continuously.
>>
it's very, very good in theory, but then it's about twice as long as it should be (took me like 120 hours to finish once) and by the end I hated it sooo much for being sooo fucking long and not having Nearly enough variation for all tha ttime
>>
>>341749798

Not really a big deal since any of those smaller minibosses are stunned/dazed easily. It is only the big ones like the stupid airship that can't be comboed literally forever until you run out of power since they don't get interrupted for shit.
>>
>>341750657
>120 hours to finish once
What.
You shouldn't need more than 10 hours per character, and that's really pushing it. Armageddon really doesn't need you to prepare for it that much, hell I've got 10 or more of each mandragora in my item box and a dozen eggs on top of a full inventory of potions/materials and enough gold to make multiple rank9 potions just from finishing my playthrough with everyone and I didn't even replay the stages once.
>>
File: 1439447169770.jpg (19 KB, 485x495) Image search: [Google]
1439447169770.jpg
19 KB, 485x495
>>341750657
>(took me like 120 hours to finish once)
Seriously dude? I did every single battle, got all recipes, cleared the maps, got the very Best Ending (which requires fucking up several times) and my clock is at 51 hours, played on Hard. I wasn't even breezing through, died many times on higher level Mid-Bosses and Trial Missions.

Still deciding if I will brave through Heroic Mode.
>>
>>341750743
I don't understand how people have trouble with the airship.

Go in with two drain potions to PP the adds to death, jump on it and just hit the balloons, it deals no damage.
>>
>>341750743
>are stunned/dazed easily.
Not with Oswald, Mercedes and Velvet.

Cornelius is easily the Stun God of the game.
>>
>>341751387
>I don't understand how people have trouble with the airship.

There's a huge Gap between Level 3 Airship and Level 46 Airship.

Then give up all hope with Xtra New Game Airship.
>>
Wait I thought everyone said this was a good game yet everyone says it sucks.
Well guess I won't bother with it although I need more games on my Bloodborne machine.
>>
>>341751441

Alchemy is an option, throw some shine flashs or simply use PP potions.
>>
>>341751441
>each sword blow under lightning sword procs lightning
>in case of emergency, sparks bold the bitch
Don't even need to dodge.
>>
>>341751623

A normal person would just play the demo and read real reviews rather than ask an opinion of a board that shitposts just because they have no other reason to wake up in the morning. But you're welcome to believe everything you read here.
>>
So I haven't played either but am really leaning towards picking it up for the Vita. Story-wise, is it like Valkyrie Profile? As in Norse lore to a tee? Because I fucking loved that shit with VP.
>>
File: 1465686885802.jpg (71 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
1465686885802.jpg
71 KB, 960x544
>>341751709
Cornelius really grew on me this time, I don't remember liking him that much when I played the original.

I AM CORNELIUS, PRINCE OF TITANIA.
>>
Is there some kind of new game + in this game or some kind of challenge gauntlet ? Action games only having regular story at consistent difficulty content kinda kills my interest.
>>
>>341751623
Then you're a fucking faggot. You're browsing a board centered around contrarianism.
>>
>>341751845

No, it is very loosely based off of Norse mythology... just like Valkyrie Profile unless you somehow think VP is an accurate depiction of that mythology.
>>
>>341751894

Cornelius was always a fucking badass in the story but people just remember how awfull he was to play. Even Mercedes' segments werent this painfull.
>>
>>341751780
>>341751963
/v/ has never steered me wrong since '08 and I found gems like God Hand and other shit.
>>
>>341752048
Also strongly influenced by an Opera. (Der ring des Nibelungen).
>>
File: 1446575672233.jpg (221 KB, 953x988) Image search: [Google]
1446575672233.jpg
221 KB, 953x988
>>341752094
>/v/ has never steered me wrong since '08
>>
will there be DLC for this version? like they did with the remakes of muramasa i kinda wanna play as velvets brother and gwens sister
>>
>>341752094

The mere fact that you've let a god damn image board completely influence your tastes for 8 years already means you were steered wrong somewhere in your life.
>>
>>341751845
>As in Norse lore to a tee?
It has its own flavor, but yeah it is Norse Mythology.

Taken straight from the Ring of Nibelung.
>>
>>341752291
That doesn't imply I don't make my own decisions.
I play a lot of games that /v/ shits on, but certain games I like to see a consensus of how a game is from /v/.
>>
>>341752231
fuck off weeb
>>
>>341752048
Not him, but VP did a fairly good job with Norse Mythology, especially towards the end.
>>
>>341752231

Its funny you would post this particular reaction image because /v/ is the reason I wasted money on neptunia in the first place. And one atelier game.

I nearly fucking bought that digimon rpg on vita too before realizing it was going to another bottom feeder jrpg only praised by desperate weebs with nothing to play.
>>
>>341751268
>>341751189
What about going back to get S ranks got everything?
>>
>>341752441
>doesn't even know what weeb means or how to use it

Yeah, I'm sure you've been here since 08
>>
>>341752442

The part where a human turned valkyrie for no discernable reason by an apathetic odin suddendly becomes the goddess of all creation ?
>>
>>341752520
Did you buy the original Nep or the Rebirths? Because if the former, you fucked up.
>Atelier
>Bottom feeder JRPG

I don't think /v/ is the problem, I think your own shit taste is.
>>
>>341752556

You can just restart a battle as soon as it ends if you don't get an S. I do that all the time. No need to revisit an entire stage just to do a fight that I got an A in or whatever.
>>
>>341752273
That would be nice, but I don't think it would happen, Muramasa for Vita was announced with plans for Story DLC right away, it wasn't something they decided much later its release, it was something planned from the very begining.

Odin Sphere's plot is as complete as it is, it reutilizes the Audio straight from the PS2 version but remastered; they definitely aren't thinking of adding anything else.

If it has DLCs, it could be Dungeons or something, it doesn't require new recordings and story writing.
>>
>>341752556
it dosent matter
>>
>>341752695

Original. Pirated Rebirth and it was still garbage.

I played the first Atelier of what people call the Arland trilogy and it was terrible. Shit combat, shit characters, and the crafting which is supposed to be the selling point was weaker than the one in fucking star ocean games.
>>
>>341752651

>This

I like the VP story but I'm not going to pretend like it is a good adaptation of Norse mythology. It took a lot of liberties and put in its own jRPG cliches and stuff.
>>
File: IMG_20160516_231325.jpg (3 MB, 3286x2432) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160516_231325.jpg
3 MB, 3286x2432
>>341752520
Cyberslueth was awesome. Like digimon SMT edition with all the monster collecting and building too. Insane BS difficulty as well. Good times though.
>>
>>341752556
My 51 hours includes the S Ranks as well, they are quite easy to get, I've only come back to 5 battles in the whole game to get a better rank.
>>
>>341752651
I said fairly good, not great.
>>
Man Armageddon fights sure are damage sponges.
>>
>>341752913
>it was still garbage

You're aware that the first Re;birth literally changed the game from the ground up, right?
Of course not, because you didn't play either for more than ten minutes.
>>
>>341752981

I'm just curious why you mentioned the ending specifically. It did a fairly good job during the main game, with the little conversations in valhalla showing they had decent knowledge of the gods and such, but the ending was asspull after asspull of protagonist powering up for no reason.
>>
>>341753173

I'm aware. I played both.
Rebirth is still a terrible game, although not as offensively bad and painfull to play as original.
What part of that assessment are you having trouble understanding ?
>>
>>341752064
>literally fight his way out of the netherworld right after being cursed and throw there
>succeed at Odin's "impossible request" to leave Ragnanival
>get into the palace despite being a pooka, beat his imposter
>search for a dragon on the offchance he knows how to break the curse, has to beat another dragon into submission when he gets there
>go out on the battlefield to find his waifu, protect her against Valentine
>go out in The fire Kingdom to save the pookas, fucking beat leventhan there
>finishes his storyline literally saving his kingdom from yet another dragon

Guy is a fucking dragon killing machine.
>>
Please tell me the demo isn't representative of the actual game. The demo was fucking piss easy and the enemies were braindead.
>>
>>341753015
The had to balance the fact the characters are now free endless attacking machines.
>>
>>341752936

>insane difficulty

That's not what I heard about it at all, most people admitted it was fairly easy and brainless.
>>
>>341753217
Maybe I should of said Ragnarok is particular. I know plenty of games have done it better, but VP was one of the few games that was pretty knowledgable about everything as you said.
>>
>>341753471
The game is harder,but i would strongly recommend starting on hard
>>
Is Brihan Thor?

Has a hammer
Giant belt
Wears fenrir around his neck
Gigantic
Huge beard
>>
>>341753471
It is from accurate for early game.

The Demo does not do justice to later Enemy Bands that are especifically designed to fuck you over and Bosses who are walking sponges.

Three Words: Wizards + Bosses + Dwarves

They are going to fuck you up.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (117 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
117 KB, 1280x720
>>341753512
Maybe because they weren't playing on hard.
>>
Is there any post-game with superbosses and shit?
>>
>>341753672
Well, it misses the part where he isn't Odin's son here.

Also the fact that is weaker than pretty much every other playable character.
>>
>>341753913
Unlockable Dungeon with Every Single Boss in the Game on Xtra New Game.

Prepare your Anus.
>>
>>341753863

How would it compare to Nocturne on hard ? Or Dungeon Travelers 2 if you played it ?
>>
>>341753997

Well.. the game doesn't really do a great job at depicting strength seeing as how a rabbit man can fell dragons like it is no big thing.
>>
>>341754127
Any bosses exclusive to post-game like that one in Dragon's Crown?
My anus is already clenching.
>>
Is Odin a good father?
>>
>have some perfectly usable buttons that are never bound to anything
>decide to put the dodge on the same button as the "stand still while I harvest" function, and the strenght of your press decides what happens

Holy shit fuck this
>>
>>341753438
Sad thing all Pookas save Velvet and Conelius died though.

The Bad Ending with Myris wishing just someone she loves is alive, for she is about to die, would bring her confort is heart wretching.
>>
>>341754280
Sadly no, the exclusive bosses are already those added to the Main Game, Phoenix Rider for one did not exist in the PS2 game.
>>
>>341754393

Valentine best dad.
>>
>>341754425

Is it just me or was Meril really thirsty for Cornelius? I wonder if the pookas procreate like rabbits.
>>
game is super easy. i got S rank on nearly all the fights and i was just button mashing.
i died maybe once the entire gmae

i had fun tho
>>
>>341754191
>how a rabbit man can fell dragons like it is no big thing.
He is packing a legendary sword.

Cornelius wouldn't even start his adventure without it.
>>
Is there a doujin with Cornelius?
>>
>>341754393
better than some
>>
File: 1462298262639.jpg (133 KB, 250x700) Image search: [Google]
1462298262639.jpg
133 KB, 250x700
>>341754181
Was thinking more SMT4. DT2 could get pretty messed up too on hard.

The way I see it is in SMT and DT2, you could OP yourself and your party to match the imbalances of the bosses. In DSCS, the extent to which you could do that was far far less and as a result provided for even more BS. In end game/extras even with an entire party of built up level 99s, if you aren't meticulous in what your plan is and make the right decisions to switch, heal, or attack, then you will get all 11 of those level 99s wiped before your very eyes and there's nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>341754393
In retrospect Valentine is better than him. If you pay attention much of the bad shit in the game happened due Odin's machinations and interference.

He was so good his Good Form stored in the Coins ultimately gives Velvet a good life.
>>
>>341754714

Sword or no, he is still a damn rabbit man. I can see a divine valkyrie, berserker guy, fairy princess, and some witch doing damage but in the end Cornelius was a pampered prince who got turned into a rabbit.
>>
>>341754698
Should have played on hard. I learned from experience holding left or right while repeatedly pressing square was a one way ticket to deadsville
>>
I don't really understand how the inventory works. a lot of times it tells me 'can't carry any more of this item' and i don't have that item in my bag.
>>
>>341755034
It means your inventory is full.
>>
>>341754610
>I wonder if the pookas procreate like rabbits.
They probably can't procreate in that form.

See the Best Ending where Cornelius accepts being human again for he says "the Valentine bloodline has to leave descendants as well" after 1000 years, so it is safe to assume Pookas can't breed.
>>
>>341755034
you can carry 9 of all seeds and mandrakes
other items take up 1 slot each
>>
>>341754714
Even if it's a legendary sword, it still needs someone to wield it. And not to mention do all that shit corny was doing with it including the drills and spins.
>>
>>341754963
His father was also a prince that killed a fucking huge monster with that sword, the royal family in titania probably gets trained to fight well.
>>
File: 1443843449040.gif (181 KB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
1443843449040.gif
181 KB, 300x199
>Unlock the Artbook after finishing the game.

>It's in Japanese.

Thank you Atlus, should've bought the PS4 version
>>
File: 1390549168816.png (7 KB, 389x255) Image search: [Google]
1390549168816.png
7 KB, 389x255
>trying to S-rank the double Halja fight with Cornelius
Man, fuck this.
>>
>>341755665
The netherworld is probably one of the hardest levels to start off in.
>>
>>341755665
When in doubt, mix and then spam level 9 potions
>>
>>341755665
I didn't find the Halja's particularly difficult, they have devastating attacks, but they are easily avoidable, leaving them open to be attacked.

Others like Frost Giant, Phoenix Rider, Dwarf Air Ship won't leave themselves for too long.
>>
>>341735758
What are you talking about? Cornelius is better than Gwen. Spinning drills all day every day, especially with vampire rings and the Lightning balls that circle around you. I almost hit 2000 points with Cornelius one battle.
>>
>>341755989
Worst thing about the fucking air ship is the flamethrower, only way I deal with that is by slowly deflecting the bombs back at it until it's dead, then if you're slow at killing the ship it can respawn.
>>
We always talk about and rank playable characters but what about enemies?

Who's the hardest mini boss
Who's the hardest boss
Easiest mini boss
Easiest boss?
>>
>>341755854
I say it is hardest level to end with, along with Fire Kingdom.

Higher Level Odette and Higher Level Phoenix Rider is just bullshit.
>>
I too bailed on the incredibly repetitive original
>>
I'm loving oswald's infinite berserk glitch
>>
>>341756157
Easiest miniboss is probably the mushroom since if it enters the small mushroom phase it's practically gifting you a whole bar of its health.
>>
What exactly does the ATK stat do? I'm aware of what every other stat does, but the manual only says that it gets raised by upgrading your skills and Psypher.
>>
>>341756157
i want to fuck a mushroom
>>
>>341756330
Please elaborate. His super mode is probably one of my favorite things to fuck around with in the game.
>>
>>341756350

Its the attack stat
>>
>>341756051
I definitely thought he was just as good as Gwendolyn-- that is, until I found out how to properly use Lightning Blade. He becomes an unstoppable beast with it.
>>
>>341756157
>Who's the hardest mini boss
Higher level Air Ship
>Who's the hardest boss
Higher level Odette
>Easiest mini boss
Titanian Executioners
>Easiest boss?
Brigan
>>
>>341756439
So progressive, it is both female and male.
>>
>>341756723
>Brigan
He becomes pretty pathetic once you use a single metamorphosis potion when he summons his valkyries to refill his drink and place shields on him.
>>
>>341756487
basically, Oswald will NEVER revert back if you manage to stay in the air while attacking
you just need to avoid the frames and animations that force Oswald go back to the ground and you can plow everything to shit
>>
>>341742672
The fire bird boss is way worse. Especially with two of them using fire pillars and doing the Phoenix attack. It's pretty much rape unless you abuse the fuck out of alchemy.
>>
>>341756051
>almost

Did it last night

Lightning balls on the slime boss
>>
>>341756868
That's the easiest way, but really its super easy to keep all his retainers away with a number of methods
>>
>>341742672
wasn't that one with Mercedes?
I didn't notice there were 3 of those fuckers, as soon as I entered that fight I unleashed 2 whirlwinds and 2 killer clouds, hunter shot and some other shit finishing with Brionac
everything died in a minute or so
>>
File: 1391593137897.png (66 KB, 264x182) Image search: [Google]
1391593137897.png
66 KB, 264x182
>>341757007
Y'know, as hard as they could be, I didn't really mind fighting them since I thought they were cute.
>>
File: 1450006941207.jpg (144 KB, 518x462) Image search: [Google]
1450006941207.jpg
144 KB, 518x462
>>341756164
>Higher Level Phoenix Rider
Just finished Gwen and now I don't want to continue.
>>
Odin's pretty annoying to fight, he's always jumping around and repositioning himself. He's not hard, just annoying.
>>
>>341757296
Yeah but at least he's huge

Less annoying than fighting velvet or mercedes
>>
>>341757158
No, that's Velvet, other characters do meet two of them, but Velvet is the only one who goes against 3 Berserkers at the same time.
>>
>>341757034
I got a whole fuckton of phozons out of that fight with corneluis by just spinning around
>>
>>341757268
No, you must embrace the rape, TWO OF THEM AT ONCE.
>>
File: 1397648475951.jpg (2 MB, 2060x3021) Image search: [Google]
1397648475951.jpg
2 MB, 2060x3021
>>341730581
Yes, its amazing, the refinements served to really bring out the best aspects of the game. They literally fixed everything that made the original infuriating.

Though to be fair its a simple game, there's definitely more variety now, more characterization but its still a game where you basically go down the same areas with each character all over again, the story is differenent for every character, there's 1-2 new areas for every character you play through and different skills to discover. Even with all that it might burnt you out to go through it all in one sitting so

>>341730694
Do what this anon says. Give Muramasa in wii emu a spin too or in vita if you have that option.
>>
>>341757525
oh well, doubt it will change much by doing the same with the offensive potions
whirlwind is just so unfair when you use it
>>
>>341757525
Actually, Mercedes can fight three of them in her epilogue chapter. And holy fuck are they annoying to deal with.
>>
>>341756157
Chocobo riders or ice giants
Velvet. Fucking burn damage and her high mobility.

Those executioner's in titania are always a complete joke
Probably necroqueen
>>
>>341757598
Yeah that fight is crazy for farming souls

Not that you really need to, but hey
>>
Belial is the easiest boss, you cannot refute this, he was so easy they put him and a wizard together during a fight.
>>
It's funny due how the Audio is a remastered recording from the PS2 game, it is now the only game in recent memory where Nolan North isn't doing work for an AAA Game.

PREPARE YOURSELF!
>>
>>341752064
I remember in the original spinning2win and shredding everything.
>>
I started the PS2 version not long ago and I have to ask, does it get better?
I'm still on Gwendolyn's route, picked hard mode on a lark. It feels like there's a bunch of startup and recovery frames for even basic actions like jumping and turning while enemies can act on a dime. I'm trying to get high ranks, but the combination of the short time limit for time points, need for defensive play and the stamina gauge hamstringing your ability to capitalize on damage opportunities is busting my balls here.
How do I get gud with Gwen without having to resort to grinding phozons to spam overload on every section?
>>
>>341752273
I would want to play as a sorcerer or a goblin.
>>
>>341758136
Odette is only easy when it is a character that meets her in the begining, thus she is at a lower level.

Odette is Gwendolyn's Final Boss, and she is batshit insane with screen filling attacks and summoning mooks.

>>341758267
It's a match between Brigan and Belial.
>>
File: 1397646947249.jpg (2 MB, 2000x3009) Image search: [Google]
1397646947249.jpg
2 MB, 2000x3009
>Unlock Gugnir with Gwen
>Heh, Gugnir, valkyries, next you're gonna tell she gonna do NibeluooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTT

10 outta motherfucking 10
Vanillaware you glorious motherfuckers
>>
>>341758490
Get the PS4 remake. It's way better on every level.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.