[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you hate based Aonuma? >Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59
File: IMG_20160615_075823.jpg (295 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160615_075823.jpg
295 KB, 1280x720
Why do you hate based Aonuma?
>Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma told Polygon about how fan feedback influenced Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Aonuma says that “A lot of the fans that played Skyward Sword said that they were really bummed out that they couldn’t find the hidden element of the game. A lot of the users, when they looked at the map, they said, ‘OK, there’s these places I can go, but how come I can’t go over here?’ Fans that enjoyed the motion controls in Skyward Sword may actually be a little bit disappointed playing this game.”

>Aonuma says that the decision to create a bigger world was largely influenced by those fan responses. Aonuma continued, saying that “a lot of Zelda fans are the type of people who really like to explore those hidden elements. I realized that creating this bigger world and letting them freely play may be the solution to all of that.” Aonuma concluded by saying that “I’ve always thought that when creating a 3D game where it’s easy for users to get lost, it’s really important to tell the users what they need to do. But then, after creating this larger world, I realized that getting lost isn’t that bad. Having the option to do whatever you want and get lost is actually kind of fun. I think fans that enjoy a more linear type of gameplay will also enjoy this type of gameplay”.
>>
Because
>>
>>341730280
WE WUZ KANGS?
>>
>>341729696
>Why do you hate based Aonuma?
i dont, i just despise Skyward Sword except for the bosses.
>>
>>341731828
Aonuma wasn't the director of Skyward Sword.

Also he was against the idea of focusing on motion controls.
>>
>>341729696
Stop pretending you weren't using Aonuma as a scapegoat for SS shittiness.

I know I was am still are. I'm convinced that this succeeded because there were so many devs working that he just gave up trying to add things his son likes.
>>
>>341733835
No, some things just,don't work
>>
>>341732003
Do we know who the main staff members on Breath of the Wild are?
>>
>>341729696
Objectively speaking (that's it, without any margin of error) 3D Zeldas goes like this:

>OoT
9.9/10

>MM
10/10

>WW
8/10

>TP
7/10

>SS
6/10

This one looks 9/10 at the very least. I might end buying a PeePoo and everything.
>>
>>341729696
Because he allowed his open world game to go almost completely without leitmotif. Absolutely zero strong melodies have been heard in this game so far across multiple mini dungeons, side areas, and two main zones. Fuck it makes my blood boil.
>>
>>341734742

Wii U emulation is progressing fast enough through CEMU that the game might be very playable on a good rig by the time it releases.
Why buy a Wii U specifically for that game?

Especially if there's the distinct possibility of a better NX release.

Also
>Objectively ranking the Zelda games
>>
>>341735171
For me, it's like the PS4 with Bloodborne, but unlike the PS4 there's some games on the Wii U that interest me, but none was a system seller for me. Xenoblade, Donkey Kong Country, Bayonetta 2, and some others I don't remember now.

I HOPE the NX can run the game at the very least at 1080p / 30fps, I'd get one day one. But if not, I'd be happy buying a WiiU with its shitty 720p sub 30fps.

I don't like emulation past 16bit era in general. Dolphin is great in many games and I've houndred of ours in Project M, but it couldn't run TP without huge framerate issues in Hyrule Field until very recently and there many games it simply cant run. I really doubt BotW will be 100% perfect anytime soon. Also I'm an original hardware fag when its possible.
>>
>>341734742
if you don't have a PeePoo yet, buy it on NX instead. I have a Wii U but don't really plan to buy this game on it considering the NX version could be a bit better.
>>
>>341734742
I would put OoT at 10 just because it's the origin point of a video game story that spans four games. OoT-MM-WW-TP imagine you're playing one continuous game with different timeline options.

Fanboy time I'd also put MM at 11/10, WW at 9, TP at 8 and SS at 7, only because I interpreted you as shortchanging some of them
>>
>>341729696
Hope he stays like that in future games. but who knows
>>
>>341735171
It might be a glitchy crashing mess by 2020
>>
File: blini6.jpg (183 KB, 1260x1024) Image search: [Google]
blini6.jpg
183 KB, 1260x1024
>there are people who's favorite Zelda game is SS and are actively mad that BotW isn't more like it
>>
>>341736571
It's a small percent of people. Most of them haven't played the others
>>
>>341736571
SS is my favorite Zelda and I can't wait for BotW, it looks like it could become the best Zelda game by far.
>>
File: 1368019773767.png (5 KB, 319x287) Image search: [Google]
1368019773767.png
5 KB, 319x287
Skyward Sword was great though.

That being said, Aonuma is always listening to the feedback.

>WW looks dumb, we want a game like OoT again! But Bigger!
>We get Twilight Princess, which is exactly that.
>TP was dumb! Too much space full of nothing! We want a better designed world
>We get SS, which focused on level design like Mario Galaxy at the cost of linearity
>SS is a straight line! We want to explore!
>We get ALBW
>ALBW was excellent! More of this but with a non recycled world
>We get BotW
Aonuma is a great guy. The Zelda fanbase just happens to be a bunch of faggots.
>>
>>341734742
>>OoT
>9.9/10
>>MM
>10/10
horrendous taste
>>
>>341734742
>Objectively speaking
Fag please.
For that matter Wind Waker is easily the worst 3D Zelda. Worst dungeons, worst method of transportation, worst overworld (b-buh muh exploration between blue nothingness!), but good music, graphics and story makes everyone forget that because WW fans are shallow faggots.
>>
>>341729696
>falling for the open world meme
>based
>>
>>341729696
Rational people didn't. Yea, SS was a bad Zelda game, but Aonuma also did WW, Majora and TP.
>>
>>341736571
I LOVE SS and I'll love BotW. If anything, I'm going to miss story bits if the game goes too much MGSV.
And motion controls. I had lots of fun with those.
>>
Aunoma thinks Miyamot is god

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/aonuma-says-miyamoto-is-god-and-they-hope-he-enjoys-zelda-breath-of-the-wil
>>
>>341737156
Nah, WW is the best 3D Zelda. Best music, visuals, story, dungeons, second best combat, and best overworld. It was the only 3D Zelda to feel like the originals or a 2D Zelda. BotW will be the best once it is out, though.
>>
>>341733835

>I know I was am still are.

Anon, I'm calling a doctor. You're having a stroke.
>>
>>341736571
I enjoyed SS, but I'll enjoy this one far more.
It's the Zelda game I've wanted sense LttP.
>>
>>341737358
As much as I like the music, story, characters etc, the game was the most tedious of all my 3D Zelda experiences. Every other Zelda has better (and more) dungeons, especially TP and SS. Remember how annoying was to carry Ruto around in OoT? WW does it twice.
>>
>>341736364
>>341737134
>>341737156
>>341737358
What part of "objectively" or "without any margin of error" you didn't understand? Fucking retards.
>>
>>341737357
Miyamoto basically is. He's old and distant now, but there's no denying the first 30 years of his career.
>>
>>341737006
The more "casual" portion of the fanbase of any game are always faggots, expecting every game to cater to their specific fucking exact tastes or else how can they rationalize actually spending full price on a VIDEO GAME, even moreso if you're including /v/ where a disproportionate amount of posts about any game are actually false opinions designed to make actual fans defend their games.

The actual Zelda fanbase is excited.
>>
>>341737358
How can you be so wrong?
>>
File: sudden_realization_doctor_who.gif (987 KB, 450x337) Image search: [Google]
sudden_realization_doctor_who.gif
987 KB, 450x337
>>341729696
The reason behind the Zelda cycle is that games have been increasingly getting worse.
BoTW will end the cycle since this is the first time a 3D Zelda game is better that its predecessor
>>
>>341737665
Obviously, but those days are long behind him. Whenever he forces something new into things, it's generally fucking garbage.

And people think he knows what he's talking about with EVERYTHING.

>Story, in a game called Mario Story? Nah, that's silly.
>>
>>341737625
Do you not know the difference between "objective" and "subjective" or are you honestly saying one person's opinions are fact?
>>
>>341737006
>The Zelda fanbase just happens to have very different tastes.

You realize this is a big part of why Zelda is still good.

If all Zelda fans wanted the same thing we would get the same game over and over.

All the different opinions keeps aunoma changing the game for the unhappy people.

It's worked well so far.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPgtJKZS0cM
3:40 Rocketfist
>>
>>341737357
>Miyamoto is God
Oh sure, you expect me to believe the guy who actually knows him personally instead of believing retarded meme spouting /v/ dwellers? nice try
>>
File: 1343101133600.jpg (12 KB, 226x182) Image search: [Google]
1343101133600.jpg
12 KB, 226x182
>>341737889
Don't forget he cancelled TP's Majora's for Link's Crossbow Training.
At that point I just wanted Miyamoto to retire.
>>
>>341738032
Read the fucking interview you idiot
>>
>>341737938
>You realize this is a big part of why Zelda is still good.
Don't get me wrong. I love the changes in every game. I expect them fully. I get excited everytime they try a new structure, idea or gimmick.
I just hate the whinners so much, and people who shit on Aonuma when he clearly listens to the fans and tries his best to deliver.
>>
>>341738147
Read my comment again you dumb cunt
>>
>>341737358
>Best music

Really? OOT is one of the GOAT games when it comes to music, top three for sure and number one for me and you think WW beats it?

shit taste senpai
>>
>>341737938
>haven't enjoyed a Zelda fully since Wind Waker
>a full decade of waiting
>this is apparently a good thing
>>
>>341737156
>TWW
>worst dungeons

OoT has the worst dungeons of any 3D Zelda, this isn't up for debate.

Made me reply and rustled me a bit, so you get a 6/10.
>>
>>341738339
>Not enjoying A link between worlds
>>
>>341738323
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB6wEv1daJ4
Not even close fampai
>>
>>341737985
>Those gamecube sound effects in the boss music
HOLY SHIT
>>
>>341737625
Ya fucked up a little bit, it's not the end of the world.
>>
File: shig.jpg (30 KB, 479x435) Image search: [Google]
shig.jpg
30 KB, 479x435
>>341738447
>OoT has the worst dungeons of any 3D Zelda
How can anyone be so stupid is beyond me.
>>
can someone post some press release screenshots or something because the stream screencaps make the game look awful

I want to believe that this doesn't look like a 5 year old game
>>
>>341729696
He finally Understood.

Like Iwata wanted him to.
;_;
>>
>>341738323
not him but wind waker easily has a better soundtrack than OoT. MM's soundtrack is also better
>>
>>341738606
You pick that not dragon roost island?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ShzyggtsCs

enjoy true patrician taste
>>
>>341738749
http://zeldawiki.org/Gallery:Breath_of_the_Wild
>>
File: 1466019477772.jpg (126 KB, 911x615) Image search: [Google]
1466019477772.jpg
126 KB, 911x615
>>341737156
>not being able to enjoy sailing the high seas

It's like all of /v/ has abandoned their imaginations, a fundamental part of enjoying any video game.
>>
>>341738937
>It's like all of /v/ has abandoned their imaginations
But I like to imagine what I could be doing with my time instead of sailing for 5 minutes looking at nothing but a blue screen as I get sleepy and bored.
It's a huge flaw.
>>
>>341738904
welp

dated confirmed
nx better be powerful, fucking tired of nintendo games looking like ass
>>
>>341729696
I always liked him, his only bad game is SS
>>
>>341734742
I'd rate SS a 7 and TP an 8 with wind waker.

I liked the combat in SS.
>>
>“We realized that having something on the GamePad and looking back and forth between the TV screen and the GamePad actually disrupts the gameplay, and the concentration that the game player may be experiencing. You have your car’s GPS system on your dash. If you had it down in your lap, you’re going to get into an accident!”

"I've always thought that when creating a 3D game where it's easy for users to get lost, it's really important to tell the users what they need to do, but then, after creating this larger world, I realized that getting lost isn't that bad. Having the option to do whatever you want and get lost is actually kind of fun. I think fans that enjoy a more linear type of gameplay will also enjoy this type of gameplay. Fans that enjoyed the motion controls in Skyward Sword may actually be a little bit disappointed playing this game."
>Pro controller supported
I like him a lot more now.
>>
>>341738447
>OoT has the worst dungeons of any 3D Zelda, this isn't up for debate
What isn't up for debate is how dumb this statement is
>>
>>341729696
He's not even directing, I don't know why he keeps talking about shit. And if he is the one making all the decisions, he needs to knock it off and let the director direct.

Seriously why is he the one talking? Who is directing?
>>
>>341734570
Skyward Sword director is directing BotW
>>
>>341738661
Outside of the Forest and Water Temples they were all horribly linear. And don't get my started on the lazy 'collect 5 silver rupees' puzzle the developers tried to ram into as many dungeons as possible.

They were the first 3D dungeons, and that's the only thing going for them. Later games, especially MM, improved on them in almost every way.
>>
>>341739432
>linear
>bad
I hate this meme.
Linearity has nothing to do with quality. OoT dungeons were great, and honestly MM were just as good, and as linear.
>>
>>341739084
>But I like to imagine what I could be doing with my time instead of sailing for 5 minutes looking at nothing but a blue screen as I get sleepy and bored.

Why on earth would you play Wind Waker then? You clearly want to do something other than sit in front of a screen, get the fuck out of your room.

Part of the appeal was always supposed to be the lonely journey between islands in an ocean-flooded Hyrule.
>>
>>341729696
I never hated him

It was clear that he had the potential to create a great Zelda game but had never been given the time and freedom he needed to do so

WW was good but rushed
TP tried too hard to be another OoT
SS had motion controls forced in
>>
>>341739607
>Why on earth would you play Wind Waker then?
Because I love Zelda and I wanted a good Zelda. WW and the DS ones are the only Zelda games I haven't replayed, even though the aesthetics and music are great.
>You clearly want to do something other than sit in front of a screen
You crazy? By that I meant playing other more interesting games.
>Part of the appeal was always supposed to be the lonely journey between islands in an ocean-flooded Hyrule.
That can be done without being blatantly boring.
>>
>>341734742
>MM better than OoT
MM was great, but that's fundamentally wrong.
>>
>>341738937
Maybe if there was something to enjoy mechanically. Instead every action you take in the boat sucks from firing canons to dredging up worthless treasure, you're restricted to a tiny L-shape for the first third of the game, item-gated from everything of substance in the second, and then forced to go through just about every major island in the third.

>>341739432
How the fuck is linearity a complaint in a dungeon? They're all linearizable, there's a correct way to do shit. At least OoT temples had interesting layouts. Fire and Spirit temples wrap around to the beginning of the dungeon: Fire has its pillars you ride down, Spirit has you complete one half ad child and one half as adult.

Compared to Wind Waker where there was absolutely fuck all in terms of layout. Or puzzles. Or anything.
>>
>>341739748
>SS had motion controls forced in

That wasn't even bad senpai it was the overwolrd that was bad, just clouds all around
>>
>>341739947
I feel the focus given on development for the controls also hurt the rest of the game design in general.
>>
>>341739298
Fujibayashi? He directed all the Capcom-made Zeldas, so I think he has the capability to make something good.
>>
>>341739947
The motion controls were blatantly bad.
There being other bad things doesn't negate the role the gyro controls played in making the game uncomfortable and slow.
>>
>>341739947
>it was the overwolrd that was bad, just clouds all around
I don't get why the sky gets so much hate when it's no different than the previous 3D overworlds.
>OoT has nothing, maybe a few ghosts
>MM has like 3 secrets but nothing too important
>WW has a bunch of chests but it's useless shit and rupees or maps to find rupees. The ocassional Kraken too I guess.
>TP has bugs and rupee chests, but at least there's some important evens there, like the horse battles and the special statues.
>SS has goddess cubes that transform into chests
>>
I love aonuma, LBW and breath of wild are the best zelda has seen in years
>>
In celebration of Zelda now having a jump button, can we take a moment to appreciate that one pasta of a guy thinking OoT was a platformer without a jump button?
>>
>>341739905
WW grants you freedom in the over world quicker than any other 3D Zelda.

HD version fixes the sailing issues.
>>
>>341740282
Because it feels like a parody of Zelda overworlds. It doesn't even try.
>>
>>341740282
Even if the world has nothing, just having it there makes the whole world feel big and connected, imagine if a game like red dead redemption just had towns and you had to transport by train to each one
>>
>>341739905
>>341739749
You guys represent the increasingly worrying (to me) trend of people valuing gameplay mechanics above all else, it feels like you're incapable of immersion due to your age or jadedness, maybe even your personal unhappiness.

The Wind Waker was not boring, even (holy SHIT) when you were just sailing through the empty blue seas. Obviously I am saying this is MY opinion and NOT fact.
>>
>>341740324
>WW grants you freedom in the over world quicker than any other 3D Zelda.
Bullshit, OoT and MM were both way faster. You don't get to go anywhere in WW until after Forest Haven.

>HD version fixes the sailing issues.
It improved it, it didn't make it good. Clearing eye reefs is still tedious as fuck, it's just not as unbelievably annoying as it used to be when every shot knocked you off the boat.
>>
>>341740546
>You guys represent the increasingly worrying (to me) trend of people valuing gameplay mechanics above all else, it feels like you're incapable of immersion due to your age or jadedness, maybe even your personal unhappiness.
Dude, I get immersed as fuck in games. Even then, I played WW when I was 15. A couple of years later I played TP from 8pm until dawn since I was on christmas vacation and I enjoyed the fuck out of it.
The problem is WW being boring, not being jaded.
>>
File: wp5.jpg (699 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
wp5.jpg
699 KB, 1920x1200
>>341740458
>imagine if a game like red dead redemption just had towns and you had to transport by train to each one

But I liked that game
>>
>>341740458
And that's what I'm saying. Skyward Sword was no different than previous overworlds.
>>
>>341740782
>Bullshit, OoT and MM were both way faster. You don't get to go anywhere in WW until after Forest Haven.

OoT doesn't let you fully explore the overworld until you're an adult

MM doesn't let you do it until you've gotten the ice arrows or the hookshot if you're clever

2 relatively short dungeons to get total movement freedom is nothing compared to those
>>
>>341740546
What is immersive about a method of travel with nothing to look at that used to require multiple extremely slow wind changes?

All there is to do is adjust the camera up so you can marvel at how the bottom of the boat clips with the ocean and wonder how the fuck anyone gave that a pass.

How's that for immersion, Link's boat isn't seaworthy.
>>
>>341740983
No you totally missed what i'm saying, the illusion of choice is sometimes better than linearity even if the game is actually just as linear

>>341740864
I always just blame this game's design on it being a handheld
>>
>>341741179
>What is immersive about a method of travel with nothing to look at that used to require multiple extremely slow wind changes?

The HD version has been out for almost 3 years

>All there is to do is adjust the camera up so you can marvel at how the bottom of the boat clips with the ocean and wonder how the fuck anyone gave that a pass.

I'll always hate that autistic fuck MatthewMatosis for bringing this up.
>>
>>341729696
I don't understand why they need to justify having an open world when it is absolutely obvious to everyone that they included it because it's popular right now. Just be upfront with it. They act like all those insights haven't been discovered since over two decades.
>>
>>341741507
Nigger what zelda practically invented the open world in it's first game, fuck outta here
>>
>>341740832
Oh, alright. Just a difference of opinions then, did you find WW boring even at 15? I was around 13, but even today I can feel a sense of adventure sailing to unknown islands. I mean you're just a child alone on a wide ocean.
>>
>>341739293
Fujibayashi. He direcred SS, but he also did Minish Cap and the Oracles games.

I suspect Aonuma actually became more hands of with this one, and let Monolith and the Zelda dev team use their own Ideas.
>>
>>341741012
>OoT doesn't let you fully explore the overworld until you're an adult

That's an arbitrary qualification. You can go anywhere geographically from the outset and there's actually stuff to do, so the overworld is considered open. If you have to be able to "fully explore" the world, then Wind Waker's doesn't open up until the hookshot. Even if you set off immediately after Forest Haven with the King of Red Lions constantly interrupting you and the skies storming, you're item gated from just about everything of substance.

And it's not too relatively short dungeons, it's a boring opening filled with cutscenes, a forced stealth section, a rupee grind, then sailing, then two dungeons, both of which have lengthy intros. It takes forever.
>>
>>341741627
So? My point still stands.
>>
>>341741701
>You can go anywhere geographically from the outset and there's actually stuff to do,

You can't go to Gerudo desert and rocks block you from Zora's domain

Plus OoT's overworld is probably the worst of all of them in terms of stuff to do.
>>
>>341741789
They're taking the series back to its roots not doing what's "popular right now"
>>
>>341741507
>>341741789
It's pretty easy to imagine, especially after the original NES games, that they have always envisioned an open world Zelda title in full 3D. Just think about it a little.
>>
>>341741640
>>341741640
>did you find WW boring even at 15?
Yeah. I played OoT for the first time a year prior since I didn't have an N64 growing up and I was incredibly immersed. I was fascinated and excited when I started WW but ended up very bitter when I had to sail. I talk so much shit about WW in general but I thought it was ok. Maybe because I'm mad everyone praises it so much while shitting on other Zelda games I like much more.
>>
>>341739748
>TP tried too hard to be another OoT

I would like to also note, that the only reason that TP was even good at all was because of Aonuma. He let his team go about it while he went to oversee PH and when he came back it was a total mess and the team had worked themselves into a corner, apparently.
>>
>>341742284
>Maybe because I'm mad everyone praises it so much while shitting on other Zelda games I like much more.

Because you clearly have a shitty idea of what fun is
>>
I wonder if this new game will give us an increase in porn, specifically the kind of porn where Link is taking dicks.
>>
>>341741853
I don't consider something like Gerudo Desert as part of the overworld. The compound's like a mini-dungeon and the desert itself is like a level, it's a focused challenge. It's like how I wouldn't consider Hyrule Castle part of the overworld. Zora's Domain is trivially easy to access even without bombs.

But now we're splitting hairs. I just don't agree with your definitions or opinion on Wind Waker's opening.
>>
>>341742867
>I don't consider something like Gerudo Desert as part of the overworld.

I do. NAyru's love and heart pieces are hidden in it

>Zora's Domain is trivially easy to access even without bombs.

i don't count glitches and exploits

Otherwise you have to cunt swift swimming in Wind Waker
>>
File: 1438938908435.jpg (27 KB, 704x480) Image search: [Google]
1438938908435.jpg
27 KB, 704x480
>>341740121
>made Skyward Sword
>was shit
>Made Ages and Minish Cap
>were mediocre
>made Seasons
>was one of the best Zelda games ever made

Maybe the secret ingredient... is being like Zelda 1?! Who could have ever GUESSED?!
>>
>>341736089
Not to knock the nx without knowing anything about it. But I'm pretty sure most people would say the gamecube TP is superior to the Wii version. I'll decided which I'm going to get when the NX is revealed
>>
File: oh u lindsay lohan.jpg (29 KB, 431x433) Image search: [Google]
oh u lindsay lohan.jpg
29 KB, 431x433
>>341742771
Like actual good gameplay?
>>
>>341743542
It has better gameplay than at least 2 of the other 3D titles
>>
Seeing that we can get a two handed sword in botw I hope there is dual swords or some shit.
>>
>>341743245
Okay, I wans't direct enough: I don't care anymore. You can frame it in such a way that Wind Waker technically opens up earlier than the other games even though I think that's incredibly contrived and misleading because everything is item gated.

This is a stupid argument and it doesn't matter at all when judging the games relative to each other. You're not convincing me that Wind Waker opened up the quickest and even if it did, I don't care. It doesn't matter, I still hate the opening third of the game.
>>
>>341743746
>everything is item gated.

Because the world would be incredibly shallow and dull if you could do everything right away and would make new items feel unrewarding
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 300x305) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 300x305
>>341743324
>made Seasons
>was one of the best Zelda games ever made

good taste my man
>>
>>341734742
TP is an 8.8
>>
>>341729696
>Fans that enjoyed the motion controls in Skyward Sword may actually be a little bit disappointed playing this game.”
IE: Everyone with taste. Why can't it be this with the SS controls?
>>
>>341738648
>>341737927
My "opinion" is the objective truth, you fucking autists.
>>
>>341742284
A true gulf in opinion, an ocean one might say. I've always put myself inside the head of the Link I'm playing as, in the 3D titles specifically. Seeing it as an adolescent lost on the waves of an ocean that might once have been Hyrule still makes the sailing worthwhile to this day.
>>
>>341729696
>reading polygon
>ever
>>
>>341738323
>OOT is one of the GOAT games when it comes to music, top three for sure
HAHAHAHAHA

Oh, shit, that's funny. Zelda as a series doesn't even surpass an individual Kirby, Mario, or Dragon Quest game. In fact, there's not one song in OoT that even compares to anything composed by David Wise, Yoko Shimomura, or Frank Klepaki.
>>
>>341739084
>sailing for 5 minutes
Funny, because that would end up with you hitting something or being attacked by monsters or pirates.
>>
>>341743836
You know that's what the new game aims to do right? And what Link between worlds did? Personally I think it will be set up so the items are in the overworld and the dungeons that use said item are in the same section of the map.
>>
>>341745243
>or pirates

Wanna know how I know you didn't play the game?
>>
>>341745049
>Kirby
>Mario

If you're counting remix es song then i'm ok with kirby but mario? aside from the first 2 from the first game there's nothing that comes to mind name a specific mario game with a better soundtrack
>>
>>341743324
Sweet taste, broski, but Ages was also good. Seasons , ALBW, the original 2 games and Wind Waker are the best in the series.
>>
>>341745049
>Kirby, Mario

Kirby is probably the worst of nintendo's core franchises and Mario has had a lot of weak games to go with the strong ones

>And what Link between worlds did?
Bored me?
>>
>>341745401
64. World. SMB3. Galaxy 2. 3D World.

And most importantly Mario Golf and Mario Tennis on the N64.
>>
File: 1398659656060.jpg (35 KB, 297x405) Image search: [Google]
1398659656060.jpg
35 KB, 297x405
>>341737985
that mini boss music though
>>
>>341745454
>disliking link between worlds

How to spot a retard with objectively wrong opinions 101
>>
>>341745454
>Kirby is probably the worst of nintendo's core franchises
1. This about music, not gameplay.

2. You have horrendous taste in both.
>>
>>341745586
That's just like your opinion man
>>
>>341745649
Why? I played a better version of it years earlier
>>
>>341731828
Ancient Cistern is still GoaT dungeon.
>>
>>341745672
>1. This about music, not gameplay.

I still stand by that statement

>2. You have horrendous taste in both.

What has Kirby ever done for the industry?
>>
File: 1387430737034.png (283 KB, 546x432) Image search: [Google]
1387430737034.png
283 KB, 546x432
>>341745715
>trying to imply they're anything alike in any aspect but world design
>>
>>341745921
They're not alike ALBW was just flat out inferior.
>>
Since he said it's possible to fight the final boss from the start of the game, although it will be ball crushingly difficult, how long will it take for someone to do it and record it. A day? A week?
>>
>>341745820
Made fun games for any age. Kids can beat it, adults can try to 100% it. And often fail.

>>341745978
>>341745715
Dude, are you the same guy trying to trash talk Kirby? You need to stop. It's just sad. Maybe go read a book or play the game where you walk in a straight line, right off a cliff.
>>
>>341746134
I'm putting money on a week.
>>
>>341746216
I've played Kirby games. They're all passable but pale in comparison to the great achievements Nintendo has made with the Mario, Zelda, and Metroid (which I don't even like) franchises.
>>
Very much looking forward Zelda go the way of MGSV.
>>
>>341746440
Fair enough opinion. THough again, this is a conversation regarding the music, and Zelda games tend to have 1-5 good themes in them, with the rest being forgettable, whereas Kirby soundtracks tend to be great quality all around.
>>
>>341746684
None of the music has ever stuck with me the same way something like MM's final hours or the ST Overworld theme does
>>
File: 1426127039505.jpg (11 KB, 242x208) Image search: [Google]
1426127039505.jpg
11 KB, 242x208
>>341738041
>TP's Majora's
?
>>
>>341740282
MM had a really small overworld though.
>>
>>341740546
You are asking for people to be immersed purely through imagination. If you can't see what's wrong with that, you need to rethink why you even play videogames in the first place.
>>
>>341737889
>>Story, in a game called Mario Story? Nah, that's silly.
But it hasn't been called Mario Story in Japan since the first 2.
>>
>>341734915
Are you a classicalfag/autist?
>>
>>341734915
Did you just not listen to the Shrine theme or music for the rock miniboss?
>>
>>341742284
>I talk so much shit about WW in general but I thought it was ok. Maybe because I'm mad everyone praises it so much while shitting on other Zelda games I like much more.

Remove the word Zelda and this can describe a lot of angryposts here. If only people would stop giving any power to opinions other than their own.
>>
File: tight-lipped glare.jpg (265 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
tight-lipped glare.jpg
265 KB, 960x960
>>341746938
If you can't immerse yourself purely through imagination, you're the one that needs to rethink why you play video juegos.
>>
>>341738153
Hating on Aonuma is a meme, one of the most based devs out there. I used to think that was Kojima, until...
>>
>>341746829
a game to TP as MM was to OoT. A sort of expansion using mostly the same assets but with a different story
>>
>>341729696
I used to for his past bullshit from Wind Waker to Skyward Sword, but he's totally redeemed himself with this, as has the director of Skyward Sword.
>>
>>341737358
Best music yes, but Wind Waker for best dungeons? Fuck outta here, worst 3D dungeons in the series.
>>
>>341737985
Not too fond of the boss music, seems really anticlimatic. The framerate is dropping a fair bit too.

But I'm just glad Zelda has actual bosses now rather than just aim the bow at the eyeball.
>>
>>341748956
>Best music yes

Another shit taste, Dragon roost island ain't THAT good
>>
>>341738937
The fuck I was just listening to Karl
>>
>>341743324
>ages and minish cap medicore

ages was nearly as good as seasons and minish cap gets way to much shit
>>
>>341749212
Niggery diggery do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8nCEDyGHKk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUiAmrtxits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go_XgaJNVgg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XpYHw2t8Yc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEbvCl9slCk

Actually idk maybe I prefer Majora
>>
>>341745362
Probably meant the bomb shooting ships you angry bastard
>>
>>341749867
I just need one to beat them all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6Hf1-lQElE

now admit OOT has best soundtrack
>>
>>341741640
Agreed, I fucking love WW (granted it has flaws), the entire atmosphere is phenomenal and the sailing and ocean helps contribute to that. It really felt like an adventure, incredibly memorable dungeon environments, music, visuals, and outset island is GOAT for comfy.
>>
>>341736571

I really did enjoy SS and I prefer it over games like the wind waker, but I think BotW is probably fine as it is.

Although maybe it would be cooler with motion controls.
>>
>>341750124
I prefer Majora's.
>>
>>341749498
Minish Cap gets a lot of shit that it deserves though too. I hated it for not being like the previous GB/C games.
>>
>>341750285
Yeah but the game was made from assets from other handheld zelda games, it was just a one off and we never got another handheld game that was that similar to it.

The only thing I didn't like about it was the kingstone minigame which could lock you out of content, and the smaller number of dungeons.

The story is great and one of the best of the handheld games
>>
>>341749867
>>341750124
Going back through all the Zelda songs from the past titles makes me really bummed that TP wasn't orchestrated like SS was.
>>
File: 1466116050595.png (191 KB, 226x357) Image search: [Google]
1466116050595.png
191 KB, 226x357
>>341729696
I still don't trust him after 10 years of disappointment.

And honestly, the game's still lacking a lot of polish, especially in the animation and combat departments.
>>
>>341747816
Video games are a visual and interactive media. Immersion happens through these.
>>
>>341750693
>And honestly, the game's still lacking a lot of polish, especially in the animation and combat departments.
to be fair it doesn't even have a release date yet
>>
>>341750693
>combat departments
Combat literally looks the best in the series what are you on?
>>
>>341751047
Nine months, anon.
>>
File: 1326846965959.png (371 KB, 417x417) Image search: [Google]
1326846965959.png
371 KB, 417x417
>>341737810
>mfw BotW will be about ending the cycle of Demise's curse, and also end the Zelda cycle in turn
>>
>>341749867
Are we sharing musical taste?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQt4j6Ff9-8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFicX8wzCNM
>>
>>341750508
>The story is great and one of the best of the handheld games
Are we still talking about TMC? Because if we are I can't disagree with you more.
>>
>>341751047
Meh, the aren't changing much in 9 months, anon.

>>341751048
Sure, there's plenty you can do to take down enemies and it seems like some of the enemies this time around will even give you heavy damage or perhaps *gasp* kill you - but the combat animations are archaic, the reaction times from enemies are too slow and the moblins don't have a very long view distance when it comes to spotting you.

Improve these issues and then maybe I'll reconsider.
>>
>>341734742
None of the games after the N64 are above a 6/10, and those two are a 8/10.
>>
>>341751960

to be fair, they're supposed to be the weakest and easiest enemies in the game.
>>
>>341750125
Yeah, the "atmosphere" is designed around sailing on an ocean, yet people are surprised and angered when that involves open stretches of water.

Seriously, you find sailing over open ocean boring? Gee then maybe you should skip this one Zelda title, if only they had filled every few feet of water with tiny island and floating platforms filled with enemies.
>>
>>341752206
But that still shouldn't stop them from having slow reaction times and incredibly clunky and archaic animations.

Actually, as someone who's done some animation themselves, the game as a whole has terrible, archaic animations. They're fine in cut scenes, but in-game it's very clear that they're using dated shit like Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess. And Link needs some serious mo-cap animations implemented into him, especially the running animation. That's ripped straight from the former two.
>>
File: 1246238136743.png (154 KB, 253x264) Image search: [Google]
1246238136743.png
154 KB, 253x264
>>341737985
>pick up stalfos head and kick it like a fucking soccer ball into the other stalfos
>>
>>341751960
There's already far more combat opprtunities, throwing weapons, setting enemies on fire, and actual jumping and good boss design.

I mean fuck there's animation cancelling in there, this shit is miles ahead of the vapid shit of Skyward Sword.
>>
>>341752974
Yeah, I agree, but that's not what I'm getting at here. I'm not talking about certain game mechanics or variety, specifically.

Reaction times are slow and animations are shit, and because of that it doesn't feel natural or intense.
>>
>>341752317
Sailing is boring mechanically though. Compare it to Epona in OoT/MM:
>Epona has a meter you can use to go faster; it takes some skill though as if you use it up you'll go slower
>sailing has no such meter; you can go slower by lowering the sail if you want though
>Epona lets the player change course freely
>the boat requires you to stop to change the wind direction
>Epona lets the player shoot arrows while moving
>the boat's primary form of offence is a canon, which you need to stop to use
>Epona can be called to your location
>the boat can only be landed in certain locations on each island, so you have to head back there when you want to leave
>Epona lets you dismount when and where you want
>the boat lets you put away the sail, but since you can't swim, there isn't really any reason to do so unless you need to stop to pick up treasure which requires a certain level of precision the boat doesn't grant you compared with Epona
>>
>>341751048
My main issue with the combat is that the 'witch time' dodge window seems to be absolutely enormous. I really hope they shrink it down
>>
>>341753328
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXILGhqKobM

Animations look fine, not as good as Twilight Princess, but still fine.

Either way mechanics and enemy design are far more important.
>>
>>341753754
there is something weird with it, it seems that if you do it too late you can still dodge the attack but not trigger witch time, you have to do it the second the enemy begins the attack, it's the complete opposite of witch time, and that's really retarded
>>
>>341753964
I really like the animation, actually, the exaggerated motions are pretty stylized.
>>
>>341729696
I don't hate Aonuma. I merely recognize that for a long time, he didn't understand the underlying staples of Zelda games, and didn't recognize that his insistence on making the game easier for EVERYONE, he was making the game less enjoyable for THE FANS.

He fell into a trap called "formula". As much as I love the environmental puzzling aspect of Zelda, enough so that even Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword were enjoyable to me (albeit still flawed) while Wind Waker was incredibly disappointing, the latter is due to the fact that the game's exploration aspect was mediocre at best and did not make up for the lack of decent puzzles, whereas the former two had the puzzles to make up for lacklustre or just plain missing exploration aspects.

I think, in a way, SS/ALBW/TFH were Aonuma trying to genuinely understand core mechanics and ideas behind Zelda and how players/the fanbase reacted to how he designed and presented them. Hell, I think that Aonuma learned a lot from Skyward Sword and in turn applied much of that learning to ALBW and TFH, which is why they felt so much better than Zelda has been in a good while, even if ALBW was easy and TFH deviated from "the zelda formula".

In the end, I think BotW is Aonuma applying what he's learned, finally and completely, to what he feels is a complete product that will appeal primarily to Zelda FANS, while having elements for everybody, rather than appealing to everybody and having elements for fans. As usual he is experimenting with new things, but I think that, from what we've seen, he's put in a great deal of care to making them mesh and synergize with other mechanics, and especially a great deal of care in making them fit the gameplay style that he's chosen for this iteration (open world, to harken back to Zelda 1).
>>
>>341753964
>Animations look fine, not as good as Twilight Princess, but still fine.

>aka it's not as good as a 10-year old game

And you're fine with that?
>>
>>341738041
>>341748734
Such game was never planned. stop taking your wishfull thinking for dream. Whether or not there would have been a Link Crossbow, there would have never been such game you are talking about.
>>
>>341754546
>not as good as Twilight Princess
You guys need to replay Twilight Princess.
>>
>>341754546
Because I for some reason really really like the animations in Twilight Princess. BOTW looks much much better in the combat department than Skyward Sword.
>>
i just hope the hidden skills from TP comes back, and maybe the skills from TMC, I fucking loved the Swiftblade masters
>>
>>341755206
I don't see why they wouldn't it would explain why Link has so few sword moves and sword skills in the demo.
>>
>>341754669
Twilight Princess had good animations for its time, as a Game Cube title. Especially with its cut scenes.

This game looks like it's recycling many TP GC/Wii animations...
>>
>>341751778
Not him but, the pacing of the story was well done, the companion character developed over time and was relatable rather than merely annoying, and the villain had more of a presence and his own character/development than some others in the series (bellum).

The dungeon design was pretty good, the puzzles had a lot of variety, the tools saw some pretty good and varied usage outside of their dungeons and inside other dungeons, the optional exploration aspect was alright especially for completely optional stuff like the sword techniques, the shrinking and splitting mechanics saw some pretty good use.

For a game with such a rigid, linear progression, there was actually a lot of stuff you could go out of your way to find or ignore and miss and not feel too wanting, and some good collectables on top of that, and I don't see that as a flaw.

Like you didn't need to get the mirror shield, you didn't need to get the magic boomerang, you didn't need to get the increased consumable sizes, you didn't need to get the goddess potions, and so on.

And on top of that, the entire visual presentation was absolutely superb and there were some really, really great pieces in the soundtrack. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSUzdeFAid0

Mechanics were introduced that foreshadowed elements you'd see later and would be expanded upon, and the final boss tested pretty much everything you'd learned about the game.

Minish Cap is, I feel, one of the best entries in the entire franchise.
>>
>>341754669
This. Animations are probably my second biggest complaint about what I've seen of BotW.

Main complaint is still the enemy designs, ever since WW they adopted these cartoony designs which I've always disliked. What we've seen is better than SS at least, but I wouldn't be surprised when another rejected Spongebob character shows up as a boss.
>>
>>341755297
It'd be nice if you could get them at the end of certain shrines.
>>
File: 1327892700223.jpg (56 KB, 264x292) Image search: [Google]
1327892700223.jpg
56 KB, 264x292
>>341753681
I think you're trying to ruse me, 3/10 for how much content you put in the post.
>>
>>341729696
He's sexist and transphobic. He doesn't belong in this inudustry.
>>
>>341755745
Heres your reply.
>>
>>341755634
I don't see what's ruse about all that.
>>
>>341755745
shut up, inu
>>
>>341755634
Not him, but the boat was pretty poor mechanically, which it made it very tedious to use.
>>
>>341755745
Why?
>>
>>341756595
He's referring to how Iwata said Link can't be female because it would mess up the balance of the triforce. It's bait.
>>
>>341750687
>liking the bland orchestrated music of SS
For what purpose?
>>
Now will there be more than one town to explore? What about minigames and sidequests?
>>
>>341755528
I disagree with pretty much everything you just said, mostly because almost everything could be said about any other Zelda title, making it unremarkable at best.

But to keep discussion to the story;
>pacing of the story was well done
No it really wasn't. You get some text info dumps and then nothing in-between. NPCs have nothing to say about it, and nothing interesting happens.

>the companion character developed over time and was relatable rather than merely annoying
But he was still annoying and unnecessary. I also hated the "this is the origin of Link's hat" subplot.

>the edgelord villain who shows up in like two scenes had more of a presence
Yeah great villain, how could I forget purple emo Link who turns into a Kirby final boss we were already familiar with.

At this point I just hope you're shitposting.
>>
>>341756762
It's considerably more complex and well-composed than the music of the past games.
>>
File: 1449901697662.jpg (50 KB, 662x563) Image search: [Google]
1449901697662.jpg
50 KB, 662x563
>zelda
>good

When will nintendbabies play a hard game like dark souls
>>
>Make Zelda's Dogma
>"wow so original nintendo is the best"
>>
>>341757001
Dark Souls is casual normalfag trash that From rehashes yearly. It's /v/'s equivalent of Cowadooty and Asscreed
>>
File: gg.png (1 MB, 1080x658) Image search: [Google]
gg.png
1 MB, 1080x658
>>341757001
I did, I even made a Link build
>>
>>341756540
The boat was fine, the only thing that should have been improved was firing the cannon without removing the sail. The rest of the post is literal nonissues like needing to stop in order to use the conductors baton or ignoring the fact that you can sail off wind to adjust speed or contrasting obvious limitations between land/sea based mechanics. Of course you will need to find an accessible area on the island to gain access whereas on a horse you can get off wherever.
>>
>>341756240
Well, to me :

In the first place comparing the mechanics of a horse on land with a sailboat on the ocean

Implying it takes any actual skill to wait a second before pressing the button again to maintain your level of Epona carrots

Implying needing to change the direction of the wind (ON THE OCEAN) with the Wind Waker is not a good thing

>the boat can only be landed in certain locations on each island, so you have to head back there when you want to leave
>Epona can be called to your location
Should be self explanatory, complaining about having to go back to where you docked your boat to get in it again

And controlling the boat without the sail is easy, I'll agree there isn't much need for it beyond immersion or getting in position for treasure.

Also the cannon firing from the boat can get annoying.

It just seems like an attempt to get an argument, ignoring my original point that you are supposed to feel like a sailor on a tiny boat in the sea.
>>
>>341757001
> hard
> good

You sound just like your mum last night desu senpai
>>
>>341732003
The same guy who directed Skyward Sword is directing Breath of the Wild. Aonuma is pretty much producer in the zelda series.
>>
>>341755634
>dumb disney poster
Only ruse here is yours.

I guess I could also mention something about the world you traverse;
>Epona, obstacles to navigate, you can also jump over some stuff, running through tall grass grants you rupees or hearts
>boat, nothing really to navigate except explosive barrels, not even waves that might capsize you, or random currents that would pull you off course
Boat is shit, you're a fucking faggot for liking it.
>>
>>341757436
(You)
>>
>>341734742
An anon after my own heart. God tier taste, would play crab cock with
>>
File: 1295132212328.jpg (59 KB, 294x313) Image search: [Google]
1295132212328.jpg
59 KB, 294x313
>>341737397
Holy fuck, this killed me, I've been laughing for 10 minutes. Thanks mate
>>
>>341757001
I do though. Soulsborne games are some of my favorite titles at the moment.
>>
>>341756834
>I don't like your views, so I'm going to suggest that you're shitposting.
I think it's time you try to get some space from /v/ and assess how you think about people and what they say.

>you get some text info dumps and then nothing in-between
This is how most stories operate. And it's not nothing, there's gameplay in-between. Taken from another angle, it could be said that they take the opportunity to give the player info as needed instead of every single chance they can, so the player can focus on the game.

>NPCs have nothing to say about it
They talk about how the appearance of monsters has made things more troublesome, and worry about what's happening at the palace, but mostly they have their own shit to worry about.

>But he was still annoying an unnecessary.
This suggests to me that you have an issue with companion characters in general. What would you think of Midna if she wasn't such a sex symbol in the fanbase?

>"this is the origin of Link's hat" subplot.
I just thought it was a neat touch, the suggestion that this is maybe where it originated. Otherwise you could take it at face value and see it as being a way for Ezlo to remain present without being too in the way, and being a momento of him at the end.

>the edgelord villain who shows up in like two scenes
He showed up more than that. We got his backstory, we saw what he did and how he operated, we saw how greedy he was and how that affected his determination to get what he wants. We saw him show up and directly set a challenge on Link to try and get him out of the way early on.

A better villain than WW "literally only seen three times in the entire game with two paragraphs of dialogue and no character set up unless you link him to OoT" Ganondorf, for sure.

>kirby final boss we were already familiar with
The "floating eye with wings" design isn't unique to 02, and on top of that Vaati had some good variety on that design with his shadow lord wizard getup and the eye with claws schtick.
>>
Why are WWfags so protective of their shit game? Everyone and their dog knows it's the least fun of all the 3D Zelda games, except maybe SS. But no one fucking crawls out from the gutter the autistically defend SS when anyone shits on that.

Sailing was boring, sea was a terrible idea, dungeons were boring, tingle, so much time wasting tedious nonsense, bad story. Only music and art were good.
>>
File: 1466109177612.png (286 KB, 540x404) Image search: [Google]
1466109177612.png
286 KB, 540x404
I love BOTW, because this is the first Zelda game where you can play as a villain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTobF2XM3y4
>>
Anyone who thought SS was good should have a tattoo on their forehead so I can instantly know to disregard their opinions on all matters.
>>
So why were people pissed that Link is a guy?
>>
>>341757231
>In the first place comparing the mechanics of one form of travel to another
It is a game, I'm talking about the mechanics of a game. Mechanically the boat is inferior, and detracts from the experience.

>Implying it takes any actual skill to wait a second before pressing the button again to maintain your level of Epona carrots
Takes more skill than waiting 5 minutes to reach your destination.

>Implying needing to change the direction of the wind (ON THE OCEAN) with the Wind Waker is not a good thing
Not even Nintendo agrees with you on this one.

>complaining about having to go back to where you docked your boat to get in it again
I was being thorough.

>And controlling the boat without the sail is easy
It is tedious though. Which they easily could've avoided by letting Link dive for treasure.

>ignoring my original point
Which I thought it failed at, but wasn't conducive to the point I was raising.

>>341758096
Ok.
>>
>>341758205
Rose-tinted Nostalgia glasses.
>>
>>341758498
Only neofags and the progressive game journos are. Notice how in the polygon videos, they played with link being almost naked. They are all hypocrites
>>
>>341758414
>complete arson playthrough
Oh god, my dick can only get so erect.
>>
>>341729696
It makes complete sense. Zelda games were never about the combat, so the combat focus in Skyward Sword was the wrong direction. Not to mention, regardless of how you feel about motion controls, that it will age horribly when a younger generation gets its hands on it. Zelda games are about discovery and figuring out how to navigate an environment. Open World is a pretty logical conclusion.
>>
File: 1466042558063.png (270 KB, 580x282) Image search: [Google]
1466042558063.png
270 KB, 580x282
>>341758414
post more Jackass Link memes.
>>
>>341757436
Are you the post I was disney posting at?

See
>>341757231

Not trying to have a rage fueled insult-slinging contest like you seem to be, we just disagree on something.

Again in this post you don't seem to be able to appreciate just sailing on an open ocean in a Zelda title, you need your attention constantly occupied with gameplay rather than being able to immerse yourself in sailing itself.

I will agree though that dangerous waves and currents would have been an improvement.
>>
>>341758498
There are a lot of girls who "play" Zelda. Many of whom are SJWs. And female Link being in HW gave them hope that there would be a female option, or that the Link we saw actually was a girl, since he looked so feminine.

The most ironic part is that the series never would have become popular among girls in the first place if it featured a female heroine, and that if there was a male/female choice, the majority of girls would've still picked male.
>>
>>341758205
At least in this thread it's been less about WWfags being protective and more about some other autists interrupting a discussion with inflammatory comments because other people like something they do not.
>>
File: capture.png (698 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
capture.png
698 KB, 1366x768
>>341758414
>>341758892
I like how some of the dialog choices also feel like Link can be a jerk sometimes
>>
>>341759058
>you need your attention constantly occupied with gameplay
That's... kind of why people play games.

The sailing was comfy, but there was nothing to it. It was, ultimately, basically a mandatory timesink between actual things to do. Like so much about Wind Waker, it felt hollow, empty. Purely surface-level stuff. Shallow.
>>
>>341758892
Has anyone made a montage yet with the Jackass music?
>>
>>341759058
Yes. Sounds like you agree that the sailing is lacking outside of immersion; but this guy nailed my thoughts on that before I could post this though:
>>341759442
>>
>>341751960
To set expectations- they are in the starter area of the game that exists solely to let players learn the game.
>>
>>341759175
Every Link has a different personalit, it's subtle, but you can tell by the dialogue choices.
Skyward Sword Link for example, is a sarcastic fucker, while this Link is impatient and a bit of a jerk
>>
>>341759756
>>341759442
Do you guys bitch about the walking or horse riding in OOT too?
>>
>>341759442
Wind Waker HD fixed that, with the faster sailing speed, and also how you can manage your items and look at your map using the gamepad without pausing the game.
>>
>>341734742
>OOT
10/10 (especially considering the conventions it established)
>MM
5/10 (muh autistic sidequests ad nauseum)
>WW
4/10 (muh fake empty overworld without the excuse OOT had of being on cartridge)
>TP
6/10 (muh just remake OOT that's what they want right)
>SS
2/10 (muh lets expunge all exploration whatsoever from the NES title)

Overall the series takes far too many cues from OOT nearly 20 years later.
>>
>>341759149
No, that's exactly what I mean. That's how discussion on /v/ go, people shit on things. WW fans are the only ones though who have no skin whatsoever, it's like you're on a constant campaign to make sure the game is well regarded, and anyone who doesn't like it must be baiting.

If someone interrupts a SS discussion to call motion controls shit, they'll either be ignored or reasonably argued with. However, if someone dares do the same for WW everybody puts on their autism caps and tries to come up with as many bullshit reasons as possible for why the terrible elements of WW actually are good ideas. Oh yeah, and the word "bait" gets thrown around like crazy.
>>
File: 1466042625175.png (449 KB, 781x1000) Image search: [Google]
1466042625175.png
449 KB, 781x1000
>>341760074
This. Just by the story progression alone and how NPCs interact with Link, you can figure out their overall personalities if you actually pay attention.

Wind Waker Link had a humorous side and a spunky attitude at times. He was also pretty extroverted and had a tendency for being clumsy and impulsive.
OoT Link was naive, and a bit of an outcast and a socially awkward loner. In MM he goes full "JUST" mode and has become battle hardened from his previous-adventure.
TP Link a simple country boy with a great work ethic and family values, but had a cocky side.

etc, etc.
>>
>>341759175
>>341760074

...Well fuck I want an excuse me princess option now.
>>
>>341760517
> If someone interrupts a SS discussion to call motion controls shit, they'll either be ignored or reasonably argued with.

So literally the exact same thing happening in this thread? No one is touting the game as perfect
>>
>>341755506
The animations in TP were godawful. Link moves like a fucking autist. Everything looks wrong in that game.
>>
>>341760131
The horse riding was optional, though, and actually affected what you could do and where you go, and furthermore the game wasn't completely built around it.

I feel like it'd add a lot to Wind Waker to just let you swim, instead of giving you a drowning timer and saying "YOU CAN ONLY STAY IN THE WATER THIS LONG".

>>341760235
This is coming from someone who has only played WWHD. Those features were nice, but they didn't completely fix it. Keep in mind that the faster sail is as much of a curse as it is a blessing, as while it does make it so that you don't need to constantly conduct a tune to change directions, that also takes away one of core boating mechanics, thereby making boating feel even more hollow.

Furthermore, there wasn't even all that much to manage in your inventory, and there wasn't much point to looking at the map either unless you were quickly checking if you were on course.

I would argue that Phantom Hourglass had better boating. While there wasn't a day/night cycle and you couldn't manually get out, you could actually die on the ocean because monsters would provide obstacles and attack you. Additionally being able to chart out advanced paths with a quick button press and scribble was preferable to constantly needing to play a song to change directions. In fact, the ocean bosses felt more engaging than WW's, albeit just barely, thanks to the infinite ammo cannon and being able to tap to fire in different directions. Plus the treasure minigame had more to it and there was actual fishing, and you could collect shit to sell later as needed with different values instead of just finding a spot and hauling up rupees every single time, not to mention being able to customize your boat. Plus there's the fact that fewer islands and fewer quadrants meant less map collecting tedium and more unique value to each individual island.
>>
File: 1456031666258.gif (137 KB, 500x578) Image search: [Google]
1456031666258.gif
137 KB, 500x578
>>341737006

But... I actually agree to this.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.