[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Don't have any friends >Start playing fighting games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: kara2.jpg (64 KB, 1440x811) Image search: [Google]
kara2.jpg
64 KB, 1440x811
>Don't have any friends
>Start playing fighting games with sparring partner or two online
>Siblings now always use Netflix/Youtube and making it impossible to play online without horrible lag
>Can't play online anymore
>AI is crappy
>Even if anyone in my area played fighting games they'd only play SFV and maybe Tekken and nothing that I play (MB and SG)
Any anons been in this position before?
>>
Move out.
>>
I have been for 7 years more or less.
Decided to give up on the genre.
The community is just to small. Sure there are offline meetings/tournaments/etc but that shit gets boring real fast because there are always the same fucking people.

In retrospective it wasnt worth it learning so many different fighting games over the years.
>>
>>341727425
No

>>341727449
If I stop playing fighting games I will stop vidya period, they're all I'm able to play now.
>>
>>341727768
Move out.
>>
Fighting games fucking suck.

Play better games dipshit.
>>
>>341727840
I would literally rather die than give up the NEET life.

>>341727947
>t. anon who is bad at fighting games
>>
>>341728028
The fighting genre is dead for a very good reason, child.
>>
>>341728028
Move out.
>>
File: 1457219773769.jpg (1 MB, 2192x1220) Image search: [Google]
1457219773769.jpg
1 MB, 2192x1220
>>341728028
Then die.

I've got a friend in the exact same position as you, he bitches about his internet, but even going back to school on a borderline free ride for like 20 total hours a week for four years of amazing internet and he won't get off his ass.
>>
>>341728261
The internet at college is not very good. Our situations aren't comparable.
>>
>>341728351
the fuck kind of crappy school you thinking of? .edu pipes are fat as fuck.
>>
>>341728598
The one I went to didn't have terrible internet, but it could make fighting games difficult to play sometimes--the stuttering was very annoying-- and downloading anything took forever. It was a total crapshoot.
>>
>>341728704
so go to a different one? The higher education bubble is starting to pop, and schools are getting desperate to boost enrollment numbers. With Pell+State free money from FAFSA with an EFC of zero, I get paid about $2000 a year to go to school. Plus if I do a workstudy position of grading CS projects for like 4 hours a week from home, I get that money plus when I file taxes I get whatever taxes were pulled out of my paycheck back, plus another $1000 for being a student.

I get preferential class scheduling because I'm technically a TA, so I pack everything into two days a week. I don't do shit for five days a week and I have enough money to live and support my pathetic hobbies. Hell, student housing even gave me a discount because I'm employed by the university. It's better than being a NEET.
>>
>>341727092
>not controlling the router
>not imposing bandwidth limits on all IPs that aren't your own
>calls himself a NEET

What's the fucking point of being a NEET if you make no effort to maintain and enhance it. It's not like you don't have the time.
>>
File: Advice - Best Advice I've Seen.jpg (203 KB, 1260x736) Image search: [Google]
Advice - Best Advice I've Seen.jpg
203 KB, 1260x736
>>341727092
Watch Kara No Kyokai instead of playing games
>>
>>341729801
We share the same IP

>>341730015
Already did, I main Ryougi
>>
File: het.jpg (32 KB, 278x400) Image search: [Google]
het.jpg
32 KB, 278x400
>>341730362
>I main Ryougi
>>
>>341730703
Kohaku, too.
>>
>>341730845

You're literally filth. I bet you had a pocket Roa before Current Code too.
>>
>>341730947
N-no, I only started playing recently and know nothing of tiers. I main them because I like them as characters.
>>
so play SFV or Tekken
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.