[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PS4 or 4.5?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (46 KB, 450x286) Image search: [Google]
image.png
46 KB, 450x286
I haven't been able scrounge up enough cash to buy a PS4, but that all changes soon. I was planning on getting a PS4 and a new TV, but should I wait for the 4K PS4 to come out and get a 4K TV with it? I would use a bit of the money to buy at least SOMETHING, but I'd put the rest away towards that stuff. What are your thoughts?

>PS4 and 1080p TV
or
>PS4.5 and 4K TV

>inb4 "get a job"
>inb4 "you don't need 4K"
>>
File: 1465760263227.jpg (35 KB, 876x1021) Image search: [Google]
1465760263227.jpg
35 KB, 876x1021
>>341721727
make sure you buy my new game too!
>>
But you really don't need 4k, asshole.

Don't get either if you're not sure yet. The fuck is on PS4 that you just NEED to play right this second?
>>
>>341721727
>1080p TV
This
>PS4.5
And this.

Neither Ps4 Neo nor Scorpio will be good for 4K. But they will be more than good for 1980P resolution.
>>
>>341721986
Nothing that I need to play RIGHT NOW. I just don't know when the new one is gonna be released. I'll probably wait, but with my luck, they're going to announce the damn thing is coming out in October and I'll be shit out of luck.
>>
>>341722221
Maybe that's a good idea. If the case was PS4 and 1080, I'd buy that bundle thing they have at Best Buy. 49 inch. Not looking for anything to clean out my account, but something nice enough. All for 650.
>>
>>341722348
Misspoke on this. I meant if I DO buy it, the new one is gonna be announced and I'll have a brand new PS4 I coulda shelled out another 50 or 100 to get a better one.
>>
I don't know why you're even asking if you're already shutting down the anti-4K argument. You obviously want 4K for some reason.

I personally think 4K is overkill for the typical living room space. Unless you're getting a HUGE TV (I'm talking 60+ inches), 4K doesn't really make that big of a difference. I have a 48-inch TV and 1080p looks great at that size. There isn't even a lot of 4K content besides video games anyway, so it just isn't a great value. That's how I feel, anyway.
>>
>>341721727
PEE. CEE.

cheaper, stronger, more versatile, all the games + mods.
>>
>>341722487
1080P televisions are also dirt cheap right now.

The thing with the Neo is, the GPU has been approxjavascript:;imately doubled up to twice the power.
So whatever frame rate the original PS4 runs at, your Neo will run at twice the frame rate.

So I think that's where you get the most out of the money.
>>
>>341722908
I see what you mean. I'm glad you gave an actual argument instead of saying "you don't need 4K, asshole" like a cuck
>>
>>341723214
This. Besides, Sony is going to cuck Sonyfags again in 2 years with a PS4.7 or PS5 anyways
>>
>>341723214
Nah. I use my computer for editing music. Need my hard drive space for VSTs and all that crap my keyboard guy needs. Also, Dark Souls. I don't want to have to plug a crappy Logitech game pad to play a game MEANT for consoles. Same with pretty much all games that aren't CS:GO or some other source game. Or an RTS. Halo Wars was a mistake and Microsoft is shooting itself in the foot for making 2.
>>
As a PS4 user, unless you really want to play Bloodborne, don't buy one. Wait until Ace Combat 7, Nioh, Nier Automata, The Last Guardian, and other games are released on it at the very least.
On the topic of PS4.5, wait until we know if it will improve performance on current games. 4K technology is kinda useless at the moment, but a PS4.5+ a FullHD screen and stable framerate in games might be a good combo.
tl;dr wait until early 2017 at least.
>>
>>341723592
I really do. I really do want to play Bloodborne as well. That is about 10% of the reasons I'm buying it. That, and all the other exclusives are pretty nice. KZ, Uncharted, Bloodborne. Opposed to Microsoft, which has Halo... And... Uh...
>>
>>341723592
>>341723723
Also, I don't want to be swamped with a bunch of new games as soon as I buy it, or I'll just end up spending money I don't have. I'd rather have it, then buy the games when they come out, so I won't be spending 800 bucks on a PS4, TV, AND games.
>>
>>341723913
AND, I need to furnish my new rec room where I'm putting it. So I need to spend some of the cash on that. Which is why I'm buying the bundle.
>>
>no games
>no games .5
>>
>>341722221
Scorpio was announced as having 6tf GPU, the 980 is 5tf, so the Scorpio should be able to run games 4k@60 at low settings and no AA no problem, in theory
>>
>>341721727
If you own a PC I should wait for a PS4.5 for 1080/60.
>>
>>341727138
meant to say you not I
>>
>>341721727
I need to know this as well.

NEED to play NIER: automata.

But don't want to pay money for something that's going to be replaced soon.

How soon will the ps4.5 release realistically? Within a 12 months or later?
>>
>>341723913
>I want a console that has no games

Has retardation reached new heights?
>>
>>341727369
Probably in the autumn, around the PS VR launch.

Definitely before holiday season.
>>
>>341721727
I'm in the same boat as you OP, I have a PS4 in my cart ready to checkout but I'm having second thoughts over it because of that fucking retarded upgrade Neo.
>>
>>341728562
Don't buy the PS4 just yet. What games do you want to play right now that can't wait anyway?
>>
>>341729493
I have yet to play any current gen games.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.