[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /v/, how do you prioritize gameplay, story, and graphics?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Holy Trinity.png (13 KB, 357x373) Image search: [Google]
Holy Trinity.png
13 KB, 357x373
So /v/, how do you prioritize gameplay, story, and graphics?
>>
>>341712205
God tier
Gameplay > everything else

Shit tier
Anything > gameplay

It's a fucking video game. Go watch a movie or read a book if you want story.
>>
>>341712205
Gameplay, motivation, and then graphics.
>>
>>341712205
I prefer Story>Gameplay>Graphics personally. Gameplay>Story>Graphics is a close second.
>>341712606
You appear to be mad.
>>
File: subjectiveopinion.png (24 KB, 637x506) Image search: [Google]
subjectiveopinion.png
24 KB, 637x506
>>341712205
You need a combination of all elements to achieve a perfect game, but at the end of the day you are playing a video game and not reading a book or watching a film.
The interaction between the player (and his ability to be immersed and relate to the character they play as) combined with the actual design of your game (open-ended RPG, first-person-shooter with branching story a la Black Ops 2, etc.) you can tell an amazing story like a film or book without the need for lackluster or otherwise boring gameplay like Gone Home or The Order.
I would say Red Dead Redemption is a great example of the best parts of games and their ability to achieve player continuity to the game world.
>>
>>341712205
story>graphics>gameplay

so witcher 3? why is it in the mediocre tier?
its a 9/10 a least
>>
>>341712205
Atmosphere > Story > Everything else.
>>
Gameplay > Atmosphere > whatever
>>
>>341714364
Nice bait

>>>/tv/
>>
What's wrong with wanting good graphics?
It's a VIDEO game, unnaceptable to skimp out on one of the most important aspects.
>>
>>341712606
But in a videogame you're interacting directly in the story, so you feel thar you're a part of it, not just being a mere observer. Especially true when it's a game with multiple choices and endings.
>>
Gameplay should always be first no matter what

Everything else is pretty much up in the air
>>
Sound > Gameplay > Graphics

Everything else is unimportant
>>
Characterization > Story
Music & Sound Design > Graphics
Freedom & Power = Limitations & Challenge (just depends on the game)
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.