[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
just beat this game. anyone else find the final battle underwhelming?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Safer-Sephiroth.jpg (156 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
Safer-Sephiroth.jpg
156 KB, 500x250
just beat this game. anyone else find the final battle underwhelming?
>>
>>341706480
>Super Nova

it's time
>>
By today's standards it's probably a little dated, but in terms of symbolism with it and the final scripted fight it's one of the best.
>>
If you overleveled & fought the optional super-bosses, yeah he's underwhelming as shit.

Otherwise he should have been one off the tougher fights encountered.

How it is for every FF really- you can beat the game long before you can 100% it.
>>
>>341706901
never beat super bosses. also just played through the game normally no grinding. he was extremely easy since he can't really ko you. never felt like i was in danger.
>>
>>341706480
I remember being blown away by it when I was in middle/high school. I had never seen anything like it with the music and atmosphere and everything.

So no I think you must have just played it wrong I guess.
>>
>>341706742
>>341707224
i'm not talking about the atmosphere or anything like that. i'm just saying it was too easy.
>>
>>341706480
He destroys fucking planets, how is it underwhelming?
>>
>>341706642
>it's time
To go use the bathroom or get a drink or something?
>>
>>341707598
Because this guy outdoes him in that regard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGSt2FsJOdI
>>
>>341706480

no
not underwhelming at all
when i played it the first time there was no possibility for me to defeat him.
So i played it all over again.
It was awesome.
>>
FF8 final battle >>>>>> FF7 final battle
>>
>>341707690
Too busy. Also the slow encroach of the explosion at the end of Super Nova is what really makes it.

Also
>comparing a ps1 game to a ps2 game that's ripping it off
>>
>>341707937
The one where you fight some furry faggot in the middle of it? I think the castle itself is a better final dungeon tho.
>>
>>341706480
>Super Nova
ZZZzzz

If you don't level up, this guy is simply annoying without being too hard. If you do level up, he ends up as a terrible joke.
>>
>>341707035
Whaa? Were you decked out with ribbons & megalixers & shit?
I don't recall him having troubloe downing party members, and a couple of his attacks had some nasty status effects to boot.
>>
>>341708141
When I was a dumb kid I didn't understand the concept of grinding I just played the game, so he ended up being a decent fight for me. I never beat the ruby or weapon though.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.