[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys please don't take this as a flamewar thread - keep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: gowvszeldaviews.jpg (87 KB, 1726x224) Image search: [Google]
gowvszeldaviews.jpg
87 KB, 1726x224
Guys please don't take this as a flamewar thread - keep your emotions and stake in pieces of plastic out of this thread.

I want to ask a serious question to the Nintendo fans on this board. Does it bother you when you see things like this? (God of War has over a million more views than Zelda despite being a much less popular IP than Zelda whereas Zelda is probably the most popular and relevant (let's be honest Mario doesn't appeal much to teenagers) IP Nintendo has. I mean Zelda has a longer legacy and and has so much more riding on it but despite that God of War has garnered so much more attention in the same time span (literally hours apart). Does it feel like Zelda is deserving of more compared to GoW?

Or is it just that Sony and their IP's are seeing growth like never before?

To make the point even stronger - God of War was coming off the weakest game in the series which usually ends up meaning the next game suffers - and that has been avoided here.

IMPORTANT: I like both games and want to playboth - I'm talking from a consumer perspective here.
>>
>>341704638
God of War is being catered to a broader audience, this is intentional. So I'm not surprised it is getting more attention than Zelda.
>>
adult catered games with evolution of writing, voice acting, emotion, atmosphere and grounded gameplay. something Nintendo is deathly afraid of.
>>
>>341704638

>Nintendo E3
>As an european i can watch it because because it was streamed at 18:30

>Sony E3
>Streamed at 4:00 A.M
>Most sold PS4 consoles in euorpe
>Nobody sane would be awake at this time

>Surprised most people who didnt watch the stream at this time watch the trailers seperatly the next daay

Also the next question:
After people posting the fact that Zelda was the most discussed game this E3 , how is the sudden rise of Sony vs. Nintendo related threads other to explain that Sonyggers are buttmad?
>>
>>341705278

After watching the Zelda trailer i'm pretty sure Nintendo is much better suited for a game centered around exploration, atmosphere and fun gameplay.

After watching the God of War Trailer i'm afraid Sony is just mass marketing the Last of Us formula
>>
>>341705278
What is "grounded gameplay" supposed to mean?
>>
Does it bother me? Of course it bothers me. I'm angry. Sony will go as far to fucking bot their videos for views just to try and pretend they're more important and relevant than Nintendo. It's truly pathetic and all of these fucking fedora wearing neckbeard Sony fuckbois think they've won. Well they're in for a nasty surprise.
>>
>>341705664
Yeah but on the other hand you are a tripfag and whatever you say is automatically worthless. Fuck off back to whatever circlejerk you crawled out from.
>>
File: 1464246255291.png (614 KB, 925x523) Image search: [Google]
1464246255291.png
614 KB, 925x523
>>341705864
Won what, exactly?
>>
>>341704638
>Guys please don't take this as a flamewar thread
But you just make one, also Zelda have several videos from the Treehouse stream, GOW4 just have the trailer and nothing else. The more important point, the only one you should already know, normies & "game journalists" love interactive movies, even FIFA have a story mode now.
>>
>>341705864
This post made me cringe from both the delusion and you thinking it matters.
>>
>>341704638
No? Only a baby would care. The real disappointment is the fact that they killed God of war. It was a decent action series that's been shit on.
>>
>>341706029
You tell me, you gross Sonygger. What exactly do you think you've accomplished with this little rigging stunt of yours?

>>341706148
Oh boy here come the little kiddies.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 455x625) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 455x625
>>341704638
>he thinks Sony doesn't buy views and likes
>>
>>341705972
not him, but I want to know how it's like living with autism
Bashing tripfags is cool and all my dude, but you're the only one derailing threads.
>>
>>341704638
More people own a PS4. I find it impressive that the Zelda trailer has gotten as many views as it does considering Nintendo's current position
>>
>>341705072
It's not though. Zelda is appealing to all ages.
God of War is appealing to teens to adults.
>>
I am a fan of neither game but I'd say you should take into account each game's marketing budget.

I'd bet money that god of war has more marketing behind it.

Also
>over a million more views than Zelda despite being a much less popular IP

Wouldn't it having over 1 million more views mean it is more popular?
>>
>>341706415
>not him
Suuuuuuurrrrrrreeeeeeee you're not.
And this thread is already off topic console war bullshit from the OP himself.
>>
>>341705456
>After people posting the fact that Zelda was the most discussed game this E3
Of course it would be - you don't need evidence to know that. It's the only game Nintendo had at E3 that people cared about. Meanwhile Sony had God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Death Stranding, Persona 5 and more. Use your brain you idiot.
>>
>>341706546
GTA probably sold more than Zelda, gamer children are man children
>>
>>341706589
People are claiming sony view boted it.
Which makes literally no sense at all since the only people whi care are autists.
>>
>>341705456
>>341705664
A tripfag posting furiously in defense of a game.
All you're doing is making it obvious that what OP said DOES bother you.
>>
>>341704638
Honestly considering how much youtube has grown, that's a pretty small difference.
>>
>>341706728
I doubt they'd bother view botting anything. Gamers want more games, god of war is a popular series, they wouldn't need to cheat to get views
>>
>>341706728
also no point botting since they own the competition
>>
Although I don't care for Zelda.

Zelda will get more views in the long run.
>>
>>341706694
...OK
>>341706728
So Sony view botted it but Nintendo didnt....
>>
>>341706408
Yeah, they also bought their console for millions of people to make their console the most owned current gen system.
>>
File: 1465867994114.png (415 KB, 808x805) Image search: [Google]
1465867994114.png
415 KB, 808x805
>Nintendo works their ass off developing Zelda's reputation and legacy over the past 30 years
>God of War only around for 11 years
>games sell almost as much as zelda's best sellers
How can Nintendo even compete?
>>
>>341705072
Also I don't give a fuck about either game series and never have.

I haven't seen Zelda, but I looked up GoW just to see how much they Uncharted it.

That could be a good portion of the views.
>>
Don't you even see the amount of subscribers on those channels?
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 500x375
>>341704638
>compares two completely different games with different styles of gameplay and genres and is worried one will do better than the other
>>
>>341707323
That's exactly the case retard. Nintendo is king and always has been. Sony has been proven to be stealing Wii U's from stores so that no one buys them, that's why the console is the first "flop" in Nintendo's long line of hits.
>>
Zelda is not really all that popular anymore.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.