[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo NX discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: Nintendo NX.png (31 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo NX.png
31 KB, 600x400
>Nintendo NX releases in about 250 days
>Launches with Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
>Dragon Quest XI is planned for it; DQ11 is expected to release in Japan this year, with an American release at a much later date
>A new mainline Mario game has been confirmed for it and will come out within about a year after the console's release
>>
Forgot to list:

>Namco Bandai has a number of games planned for the system
>>
Do we have any idea when and perhaps more interestingly, where Nintendo will reveal the NX?
>>
>>341689872
>>A new mainline Mario game has been confirmed for it and will come out within about a year after the console's release
Are you sure? I'm pretty sure Mario is dead. They rarely put Mario on any of their consoles.
>>
>>341690350
I believe they said that TGS will be the event where they'll reveal it. Either Nintendo said this or Sony said this about the PS4K. Either way, I'd imagine Nintendo has at least shown off the NX by that point. TGS is like 100 days away or something. I think the biggest announcements regarding the NX will be at the Game Awards (the one hosted by Geoff Keighly in December) -- just speculation on my part, but that's the second most viewed gaming event I believe? Second to E3.
>>
http://gamingbolt.com/nintendo-nx-news-coming-in-the-fall-says-nintendo-of-canada-exec

Full disclosure coming this fall
>>
>>341689872
Is it a handheld or a console?
The only reason I'm having second thoughts on buying a 3DS is this NX Circejerk
>>
>>341690929
404'd
>>
>>341689872
>250 days
>around the Persona 5 western release

P5 NX RELEASE CONFIRMED
>>
>>341689872
That shit is definitely not coming out in 250 days.
>>
>>341691008
Don't know yet. Early rumours said that it was going to be a hybrid or that a home console and a handheld would launch simultaneously.
>>
>>341691008
I'd be surprised if it were a handheld since a new Pokemon is coming out for the 3DS.
>>
>>341691086
http://au.ign.com/articles/2016/04/27/nintendo-nx-will-launch-in-march-2017
Coming out in March apparently. I imagine they'll delay it though.
>>
It's a console/handheld hybrid
This will justify the rumours about specs, which differ by alot
>>
breath of the wild got me so fucking hype that I will buy an NX just for it, what now bitches?
>>
>>341691645
What do you people mean when you say it's a "hybrid"?
>>
>>341692181
The handheld might act as the controller

Handheld games avaliable on the console
>>
>>341692181
Not that guy, but it's an old rumour that came out around the time Nintendo 'announced' the NX, basically saying that its going to basically be a handheld that you put in a dock to play games on your TV with extra power.
At least that's how I interpenetrated it... It was never well explained.
>>
>>341693459
>basically saying that its going to basically
fuck me I need to sleep
>>
>>341689872
It'll be weaker than NEO and Scorpio, won't it?
>>
Wii had no 3rd party
WiiU had no 3rd party

No reason to fall for shitendo again.

And with 3rd party I don't mean rooty tooty point and shooty shit.

I'm done with it. I'm just glad that I could sell my WiiU before people catched on that it is essentially worthless now.
>>
>>341693678
Why'd you buy a Nintendo console to play third party games?
>>
>>341689872
Probably Pikmin 4, too
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-20-pikmin-4-in-development-and-very-close-to-completion
>>
>>341689872
And also whatever the fuck retro is doing.
Just Dance 2017
That new racing game by the guys that developed Ironfall
Probably Yooka Laylee and Bloodstained
if the console turns out to be easy to port
PS and Xbox games to it.
>>
>>341693621
Strong or as strong as neo, weaker than scorpion.
>>
>>341694765
What makes you think that?
>>
>>341692028
Why is your taste so bad? Getting hyped for a game with graphics from 2007 is sad.
>>
>>341695220
>muh graphics
>>
>>341695220
your not very good at hiding that your a sony nigger
>>
Can't wait for it to release around PS4/X1 specs with Neo/Scorpio on the horizon. Not that it really matters, Nintendo will do Nintendo things with their console and I wouldn't expect third parties to jump on-board significantly even if it were up there with the new hardware coming from Sony and Microsoft.

But it's funny in a pathetic sort of way to see how little foresight Nintendo has for this kind of thing.

I'll still buy it if they announce Metroid for it.
>>
>>341693678
If you buy a Nintendo console to play third party games you are doing it wrong
>>
>>341695508
>Can't wait for it to release around PS4/X1 specs
by this time, I'd imagine it will be easy for Nintendo to have improved the specs for stable 1080p 60fps. Nintendo is actually very good at maintaining high graphics and frames, maybe due their techno wizardry, but I think its mainly because of how simple their characters and levels are in comparison to Sony's (not a bad thing btw).
>>
>>341690743
>I think the biggest announcements regarding the NX will be at the Game Awards (the one hosted by Geoff Keighly in December)
That's winter, though. A Nintendo of Canada rep said that the fall season will be "100% NX".
>>
>>341696224
I didn't mean the reveal will be at the VGAs, I meant we can expect a major announcement relating to the NX, like a new game. I'm expecting Retro's next game to be revealed there.
>>
>>341696335
>like a new game
Ah, my bad. You're probably right then. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo unveils the NX, its specs, and some launch titles in the falls. Then announce another new game for it there. That would make a lot of sense, mostly because tons of people would be watching.
>>
I will buy the handheld if it's essentially a portable Wii u
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.