[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
be honest with me... how could anybody consider these games as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 11
File: assassins-creed-album.jpg (719 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
assassins-creed-album.jpg
719 KB, 1000x600
be honest with me... how could anybody consider these games as anything more than absolute shit?

Do you like these games? If you do, let me know why because I just don't see it.
>>
>>341689624
i agree
except for black flag, you're a cunt if you don't like black flag
>>
>>341689624

It's kind of like when you go to a burger store and order a burger then the burger turns out to be shit.
You eat the burger and it's shit but you want another one, so the next day you eat the same shitty burger.
>>
>>341690310
>same shit combat
>same shit stealth
>same shit platforming
>mediocre sailing gameplay
>good

Black flag is fucking shit, and people only like it because they want to pretend to be pirates. Black flag is one of the most overrated games ever. 90% of the gameplay is still the same garbage/ubishit collectathon.
>>
>>341689624
I haven't played any past Black Flag, but I feel like both sides of the fence just over exaggerate and not even for comedic effect, just to be dicks and try tear down their opposition.

I like the AC series and here's why. AC1 was cool and interesting, albeit very limited in its gameplay. AC2/B fixed that and made it feel slightly less of a 'go here, kill him, escape' formula, even though it pretty much was. It just added a little more flash and flare that made AC1 just okay.
I liked AC III and I'm sure many will discredit my opinion for this if not for the very fact that I like any of them at all. Haytham was a refreshing twist and I was bummed we didn't get to play the whole thing through. I didn't find Connor likable at all, this whole game just made the assassins just look like little more than uneducated, anarchistic savages. Haytham 4 prez.

Black Flag was another refreshing direction, though I hardly cared for it at all as an assassin's creed game, I just had fun piratin' around and shit. I do agree that most of these games aren't worth full price, but it has a gameplay formula I like that takes place in interesting time periods. I do think they should cool it off a little and put some more distance between releases, do all they can to make it fresh and exciting and not just only-slightly build on what already exists.

I should also note that I don't care *at all* for the modern day bullshit. They could remove that entirely and I'd be content just watching different ancestors from different time periods fighting over shit. Also get rid of eavesdropping missions.
>>
>>341692379
>people only like it because they want to pretend to be pirates
that's a pretty damn valid reason to like it and you are full of shit
>>
>>341691707
And you ordered a different burger, but it still tastes the same. And you wonder why it's like that, and why you came back for another burger.
>>
>>341692784

And then the burger company announces a new burger that looks like an old burger you tried so you give the burger the benefit of the doubt and try the new burger but the burger tastes like the old shitty burger you had in the burger store
>>
>>341692682
you have shit taste
>>
>>341692379
cunt
>>
>>341689624
>not pictured: Rogue
>best of the lot
>>
File: enhanced-25053-1457541150-5.jpg (111 KB, 625x781) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-25053-1457541150-5.jpg
111 KB, 625x781
I liked Black Flag and enjoyed parts of Brotherhood. That is really about it.
>>
>>341693017
name a better pirate game
>>
>>341689624
I usually buy AC games, because I like seeing historical recreations, buildings, reading the database entries, etc

Also I'm a sucker for religious conspiracies
>>
>>341689624
The first actual 4(1,2 Brotherhood, Rev) had some charm and understood world building with exploring well enough that you enjoy the games for what they were. 2 was the highlight of those
the 5th installment (3) and onward it was quite clear that they were just milking and whoreing the IP, story be damned, gameplay be damned, world building be damned.
By the time you reach syndicate it's just so old and used that the few newcomers you get might take interest in it.

Oh and making Multiplayer modes was a bad idea on a lot of levels
>>
>>341689624
I like them. I like to run around old time cities and explore the architecture and stuff. They arent the best games with stale missions and questionable writing and the only side stuff to do are collectibles, but when they drop down to 15 bucks after a year I can deal with the faults the series has.
>>
>>341689624
I actually really like them if only for the setting and concept.

Asscreed 2 was a 10/10 though
>>
>>341689624
1 was good because it was fresh and new.

2 was great because it built upon and refined the features of 1.

Unfortunately, the same formula over and over again gets pretty tedious and boring. I haven't cared for the series since Brotherhood.
>>
>>341689624
>includes Unity, but not Rogue or Syndicate
>>
>>341692379
This. Also, it had a fuckton of tailing and eavesdropping.

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I'm pretty sure it had the most in the series.
>>
File: ezio autistore.jpg (51 KB, 447x590) Image search: [Google]
ezio autistore.jpg
51 KB, 447x590
>>341689624

2 Was really good. Very auhentic representation of Italy and decent Gameplay. plus it was a huge step up from the first game.

4 was a very good pirate simulator but on foot missions were mostly "follow person X to destination Y"

Rest is shit though
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRICJFT0KVE
>>341692379
THERE HE SPIED FAGGOT OP
POSTING HIS OPINIONS GAY
>>
>>341689624
>how could anybody consider these games as anything more than absolute shit?
They are fucking shit, they are cheep repetitive boring games
>>
>>341689624
Black flag was a masterpiece
>>
AC1 was interesting when it had just come out, feeling like a more open world Prince of Persia, even if the forced side-missions required were there,
AC2 brought in more character development, more detail to the equipment system, more environments and was set in a time I like seeing. Running around through Florence and Venecia is much more visually nice than Acre.
ACB was really good, being more of AC2, with more part assassin like AC1, the multiplayer was fun at that time.
ACR was a nice change to Constantinople, from the green and blue Venezia to the sandy east, even if there was less character than AC2/B, finally giving an ending to Altair.
AC3 doesn't exist to me.
AC4 was pretty nice with naval bullshit, even if it's dragging the game out. Can't say it's better than AC2/B, but better than ACR.
I can't remember the order of release for Unity, Rogue and Syndicate but Syndicate was 'eh', Rogue was nice being a kind of reversal of AC4 and Unity looked nice, but the story was 'eh'.

I just like open worldy travel games with missions, even if there's a fuckton of padding and you can watch gameplay of it instead "Full Movie" style.
>>
>>341689624
You hate it cause it's cool to hate it, just like cod. One day you'll grow up and be able to have your own opinions.
>>
>>341689624
C'mon now, be fair.
AC II and IV are mediocre, the other ones are absolute shit.

The worst thing about AC is the brand identity. Every core element of AC stops it being good, the stupid assassin uniforms, the ugly animus aesthetic, the canonical excuse for the game to be buggy, have awful AI and a life fake environment, the story.
>>
>>341692536
I think this is pretty spot on.
>>
File: 1465957798604.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
1465957798604.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>10 games in the series
>The only worthwhile additions they added were boats and sea shanties
>>
>>341689624
AC2/AC:B were my favorites. I liked AC2 slightly more because of the story, but the gameplay in AC:B was a step up as well. Nothing beats that damn setting.

The only good thing about AC3 was Haytham (literally the best templar in the series in the worst game, odd decision) and about AC4 was the naval missions.
>>
You can buy unity for $2 at cd keys
>>
>>341696903
Brotherhood was great and Rogue was better than 4.
>>
>>341698110
I want scat fetishists to leave.
>>
>>341689624
>AC2
I liked the MC and his story. Their Italy also felt alive to me, and the parkour was fresh at the time.
>Brotherhood
More time with Ezio, and the assassin bros mechanic was fun enough. Also introduced the multiplayer, which was surprisingly neat.
>Revelations
Not great, but it gave good closure to Ezio's arc.
>3
Shit.
>4
Nobody gives a shit: the game. It was exactly what the franchise needed after 3's clusterfuck. I liked the sailing gameplay a lot, though the ground gameplay was still about as sloppy as 3's.
>Rogue
It's 4's Brotherhood. Almost identical gameplay, with some minor refinements here and there and a shift in setting. I played a lot of 4 and thus got tired of Rogue almost an hour into it.

Haven't played past that, though I want to try Syndicate.
>>
>>341702371
>3
>Shit
Nice explanation why, buddy.

Syndicate is shit. They further simplified combat, traversal takes fucking forever - even with the zipline SHAKABRAH, the Templars are cartoony as can be, there's a dyke crossdresser for no reason (not even based on a historical person), forced interracial romance, and the main characters the female ones; Jacob is okay are so fucking unlikeable.

If you choose to ignore this warning, get ready for a bunch of "progressive" shit and tophats.
>>
>>341693560
Explain what was wrong with multiplayer
>>
I liked Brotherhood and Black Flag but those are the only two I've played and the only difference is the naval stuff Black Flag added. I can't imagine what kind of people keep buying every new one that comes out. The story with the modern day stuff isn't interesting and it gets in the way of the main attraction. Super repetitive as well. If you've played one of them you know what to expect from the rest and after you've played two of them you'll be sick of it.
>>
>>341703817
Oh, and they added a level system for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxqCqIETjj0

That's combat.

Note that hidden blades are contextual and cannot be used in open combat. Also, you can only use one weapon at a time - meaning you have to go to your pause screen, inventory, and weapons to switch.
>>
>>341704237
Rogue is Black Flag but with Templars instead of pirates and waaay better missions and overall story. I recommend it and 2.
>>
>>341704361
Subweapons can be used quicky, but aren't usually effective. In fact, they're only really useful for killing rooftop snipers (It takes 2 - 3 throwing knives in later levels).

If you get it for anything, get it for the setting and the Dreadful Crimes missions. There's even a Sherlock Holmes outfit with the Gold Edition or free through uplay. I just hope you can bear all the other bullshit.
>>
>>341704084
Templar vision absolutely killed the entire point of it.

>Pretend to be an NPC: the game
>Add a high-level ability that can immediately determine who is and isn't an NPC
>>
>>341690310
>>341689624
>no Rouge

I never understood that. Rouge is basically better Black Flag in almost everything and adds more. I hate Unity for overshadowing it.
>>
>>341689624
I tried AC1, AC2 and finished PSP AC when I was at the job (that was before I found out about MonHun series). All games were boring, uncreative and shitty.

The only AC I liked was Black Flag. It's not a great game suddenly, but a lot of annoying shit from other games were fixed. Combat is no more annoying, it's casual but sort of fun. Visuals were surprisingly good for PS3. All that "le animus simulation" shit on screen was toned down so now game not remind you constantly how you playing a simulation but actually allows some immersion. Story also was entertaining because it was about normal person who don't give a fuck about all that fujoshi fanfic tier assassins' story.

It's not a perfect game by any means but it was surprisingly comfy. Boarding enemy ships was very satisfying. I guess if they made game about pirates without whole AC bullshit game could be so much better.
>>
>>341704839
Almost forgot to mention, Syndicate's Templar Vision becomes super easy mode if you want to unlock all of the assassin skills. It can see through walls.
>>
2 > Rev > 1 > 3 > BroHood > Black Flag

Black Flag made me drop the series. Fuck you, I'm not grinding for boat levels and the sea combat fucking sucks.
>>
>>341704906
Templar vision exposed you to the enemy though. The best ability was smoke bomb
>>
>>341705060
>Rouge
It's "Rogue". You're thinking of the bat.
>>
>>341689624
because I like historical games and when Ubisoft puts effort in it they actually recreate nice cities

but yes I agree with most complaints, they are just my guilty pleasure
>>
>>341689624
I liked revelations, it was short and tells you everything you need to know about the franchise. I liked the plot, mostly because there is little of all that future crap that is just poorly written.

If I were to do a reboot I would skip miles entirely, and no more animus shit, or old civilization / ayylien crap, it is just a group of equally terrible, but idealistic dickbags fighting each other over dubiously moral high grounds.

Gameplay wise, eh...they need to make something to the general gameplay feel, it feels like there is little input from the player in both exploration and combat.
>>
>>341705346
Should've tried Rogue before Black Flag.

Did you play Freedom Cry?
>>
I found AC 2 to be decent and even brilliant in some moments.

It has avery nice atmosphere and since I'm an italian that has read many books and novels from that era in the original language I gotta say that I'm amazed how Ubishit actually managed to represent that period that closely
>>
>>341693521
No, you're just a blue pilled faggot.
>>
>>341705392
And? You're pretending to be an NPC, you either already know who the enemy is or you would rather remain hidden than find him, otherwise you would be running around on the roof like the retards with templar vision.

It fucked up the game and turned it into a mindlessly running around with no pretense..
>>
>>341703817
They have always been but the gameplay was ass, and the boss fights were fucking terrible.

Syndicate for me ranks lower than ACIII.

Unity was fine however.
>>
>>341705550
Rogue was boring. It's mostly just an empty collectathon with barely any main missions.
>>
>>341705882
Still better than Black Flag by a country mile.

Quality > Quantity
>>
>>341705880
Unity's story and characters were absolute shit.
>>
>>341705741
The MP works as a party game.
However someone had the retarded idea to, without any other way to describe it, Call of duty-nize multiplayer with the addition of shit that was a total detriment to the basic gameplay.

>ranks
>levels
>unlocks
>titles

It all should had been locked from the get go, or better yet, the game should had just stick to a basic duck, duck, goose gameplay. It works as a party game, and that is the direction it should had adopted.
>>
>>341705741
People who actually knew how to play the game well already knew how to find out whether someone was an NPC or a player character without additional help. I'm sorry your multiplayer experience was bad though. I thoroughly enjoyed it for many years and I'm sad they stopped making multiplayer.
>>
>>341706067
There was no quality or quantity
The main missions were forgettable and short, Shay was boring, there's barely anything to do in the game, there are less weapons and weapon types than even ACII.

Sailing around int he Atlantic and listening to sea shanties was all it had going.
>>
>>341706173
>The brotherhood got played by the templars
Eh, I liked Arno, but you won't see me defending the game beyond that. WWII levels were fun.
>>
File: 1461453941432.jpg (55 KB, 957x621) Image search: [Google]
1461453941432.jpg
55 KB, 957x621
>>341689624
>Black Flag
>bad

delete your account
>>
>>341703817
>Nice explanation why, buddy.
Yeah you caught me. I didn't even know where to begin with 3's issues, so I took the easy way out.
>>
>>341689624
I liked them because of the story.
After 3, I stopped caring. Desmond was supposed to be the build up, a mix of all 3 character's experiences and man-made bad ass through the bleeding effect.

Then they just fucking killed him like that, and replaced him with my fat ass, or whatever the silent fucking protagonist is in the next installments. I don't even know whats going on anymore, but without Desmond there's virtually no plot.
>>
>>341706223
>Stand in a huge group of NPCs
>Use the ability that makes them identical to you
>Enemy team gathers
>Stay perfectly still
>They start picking off stray NPCs and losing points
>Minutes pass
>SUDDENLY SOMEBODY FROM A ROOF, NOT TRYING TO BE AN NPC AT ALL WITH TEMPLAR VISION
>YOU GOT KILLED BY SOMEBODY WITH TEMPLAR VISION!
That's a failure to understand their own game.
>>
>>341706342
>Shay was boring
Are you shitting me? Shay "I make my own luck" Cormac is, at least, a more interesting character than Edward, Arno, and the Frye twins.

And anything is better than tailing missions, which Black Flag had in abundance.
>>
>>341689624
Syndicate was okay.

I think what they need to do is make them more like an action rpg.
>>
>>341689624
They have a very high budget tens of millions.

I play them to explore the historic cities they try to recreate
>>
>>341689624
2 and brotherhood were good games.

go to bed underage
>>
>>341705060
Almost everything except storytelling, sure.
Rogue's characters lacked the charm and heart of Black Flag. When Ed and Bonney realize how alone they are, I really felt something then. Rogue is supposed to be about a man turning on his friends, and I never felt a thing, except when Haytham did something fun.
>>
>>341706792
If you actually knew how to play defense at all you wouldn't expose yourself to being killed from the roof. You'd also realize that stunning the enemy team nets you more points than simply hiding all game. You keep complaining about templar vision when it wasn't even close to being a good ability. It's a waste of an ability slot really. Also sounds like you went against some really bad players
>>
I liked Assassins Creed 1 the most
>>
>>341706693

They should just drop the modern day completely.
>>
>>341706892
I actually though Jacob was going to end up being interesting at the beginning of the Jack the Ripper DLC as he appeared to be a Templar. Turns out, he just likes their sense in fashion. That cross tattoo was a red herring, too. Damn shame.
>>
>>341706892
>Shay "I make my own luck" Cormac
Wow, that's a pretty good summary of his character there, anon. And I'm not bullshitting - that's literally all I remember of his character
>>
>>341689624
>Like 1, 2, and Brotherhood quite a bit
>Skip Revelations, because it's obviously a filler game.
>Buy into the marketing hype for 3, thinking it's going to be the big finale to everything.
>Come away disappointed, and ignore the rest of the series.

This seems to be the case with a lot of people, myself included.
>>
>>341689624
One and two were fine. Went to shit from there and completely lost interest.
>>
>>341707023
Piss off. You're what's wrong with the series.
>>
>>341706892
I never played Black Flag.

Saying "I make my own luck" 10 times over the course of the game, for no reason whatsoever, was the closest thing to character development he had.
Did he make his own luck? No, he got shot in the back and drowned, then only survived because of cosmic luck, so why does he say it in every second mission?
>>
>>341707145
Probably. It was a good premise, but Ubisoft has shown time and time again that they have no idea how to execute on it.

AC should just be a franchise about touring various historical time periods in order to murder people.
>>
>>341707230
Still more memorable than the characters I mentioned.
>>
I liked Asscreed 1 and 2 for story and world. I like Brotherhood for the good sandbox with lots of variability in missions side-mission challenges and activities as well as for very fun social stealth multiplayer that The Ship never managed to popularize. I liked Black flag for not being asscreed and instead giving me slightly casual PotC but with singing drunken sailors. But Revelations and 3 I hated and dropped and have no desire to pick up Unity or Syndicate.
>>
>>341690310
Black Flag is one of my least favourite games, maybe only Revelations and whichever one it was when Desmond is in a coma all game was worse.

Black Flag is a pirate game, not a stealth/assassination game.
>>
File: RougeLeader.jpg (33 KB, 311x431) Image search: [Google]
RougeLeader.jpg
33 KB, 311x431
>>341705060
>>
>>341707135
Reevaluate how you spend your time. It was sub par even without being unbalanced.
>>
>>341707145
They should have either:

A) Thrown out the modern gimmick altogether, and just made it a series about the successive generations of a family of assassins. Kind of like the Belmonts, only instead of fighting Dracula, they're fighting the Illuminati.

B) Gone full hog with the modern thing, and have it all build up to Desmond's assassin shenanigans in the near future, utilizing all the skills he learned from his ancestors, combined with semi-futuristic tech.
>>
>>341707302
He realized that the Assassins were just as bad as the Templars, if not worse. I think the game would've benefited greatly from showing Shay's bonds with his fellow assassins before the incident.
>>
>>341707401
Never played Arno or the Fryes so I'll take your word there.
Fucking loved Edward though. Maybe more for all the fun characters around him, but I don't think another AC character could've pulled off a nightmare sequence like the kind they gave Ed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-gtKvQecZ8
>>
>>341689624

I played 2 and brotherhood two months ago and I loved them. I regret waiting almost a fucking decade to do so, they're actually quite enjoyable.
>>
>>341689624
If you can't understand why someone might like it , think about the LEGO games and apply that to these. Except these games aren't quite as identical as all the LEGO games are
>>
>>341707679
I don't even know why Ubisoft did that, they made the assassins look like evil retards in Rogue, but then they want you to think they're super cool and righteous in all the other games? Did they do it by accident?

Talking about AC just makes me hate it more.
>>
>>341707656
The first sounds much better. I was never a fan of Desmond or the modern storyline as it presented in the AC games.

I still think Watch_Dogs could've made a good modern day AC series if not for the WE WUZ. Too bad the first game didn't set up for it more strongly
>>
>>341689624
Vast free-roam cities
Historical designs
Comfiness
Some are better, some are worse. Personally I like II, Black Flag and Rogue the most.

I is a nice proof of concept, but repetitive as fuck, even plot-wise.
II is a fleshed out I set in a bunch of nice Italian cities
Brotherhood is pointless, somewhat poorly designed, brought 100% sync cancer, but still has some neat moments
Revelations is... there. Not good, not bad, just there. An OK conclusion of Ezio's journey
III is mostly meh/shit. It has nice designs and ideas, but as a whole package, they don't work well, and protag is blunt as hell. I wish we played as his father the whole game
Liberation was bad, but it did have some interesting ideas
BF brought the much needed change in direction, even if for a short while.
Rogue was essentially BF + III
Unity is horseshit -it brought a bunch of changes that many weren't ready for. It also removed a bunch of fun stuff.
I haven't played the London one yet
>>
>>341708291
What was wrong with 100 percent sync? I thought it was nice to give players some challenges to do. It's not like you were forced to do the extra objectives.
>>
>>341707985
I'm all but convinced that Watchdogs is what was left over from an Assassin's Creed game in a modern setting, that they eventually repurposed into what we ended up with. In a similar fashion to the original version of Resident Evil 4 becoming the first Devil May Cry.
>>
>>341707985
Did you beat the first game? You know Desmond could use eagle vision in it, right? It was subtle, but it was there. That's part of why I liked the series up until 3.

They even made Desmond sequences in 3 and they were fucking great, they should've expanded on it.
>>
>>341708473
>What was wrong with 100 percent sync? I thought it was nice to give players some challenges to do
Some... ok, most of them are ridiculous and arbitrary as hell. I wouldn't mind them if they were better thought-out.

>>341708549
Back then, I thought Watch Dogs was gonna be a direct "sequel" to AC series, set in modern times
>>
>>341691707
>>341692784
>>341692960
>food analogies
Never change
>>
>>341708291
>critiques Liberation but not Freedom Cry
I'll probably catch shit for this, but I much preferred it to the main game. The setting and plot were more dark and serious, which was refreshing after Black Flag's "PIRATES! Look, it's Blackbeard!" shit.

Also, while Adewale is not very interesting, he has more realistic motivations. The missions were few, but there was good variety; the random events/sub-missions were repetitive, but still better than all the tailing shit in IV.

I appreciated that it didn't have a ton of different outfits as well. AC isn't an RPG. At most, I think an AC game should have 2 outfits plus dyes - the main/starter one and one unlocked after doing tombs or whatever.
>>
>>341708630
I just didn't like him as a character. He was pretty bland and too safe.
>>
>>341708682
I actually liked III, but fuck me if it didn't have the worst sync challenges.

>don't push any pedestrians
during a fucking chase sequence through crowded streets and alleys
>>
>>341710057
3 was just bad overall imo. It has very little redeeming qualities. It even felt unfinished.
>>
Youre the one with shit taste
>>
Thankfully Syndicate tanked so hard they were finally forced to take at least a year off.
>>
>>341689624
Are unity and syndicate good? I really enjoy the series for the free running and actually assassinating.

Thought rogue, 2, 4 and brotherhood were good.
>>
>>341710195
The setting was fantastic and Connor's character design was great.
>>
>>341692379
Fucking this. I fucking bated Black Flag. What a shitty game.
>>
>>341710681
No. Refer to
>>341703817
>>341704361
>>341704839
>>341705196
for Syndicate

Unity is just a shitty rehash of 2's story with worse characters in an arguably worse setting.
>>
>>341710057
I just dislike how some don't even make sense.
Like that one in Black Flag where while you are stalking a target you have to kill an skin 3 alligators.
Doesn't seem like the best time to do that
>>
>>341709424
I felt like he was understandable as a character. He was kind of a normal person, aside from his ancestry and family. He doubted his family because he thought they were a bunch of tin-foil hat lunatics, and he ran away from them because of that and probably because he was bored. I don't like cookie-cutter teenagers, but that's the sort of shit they do all the time. He eventually grew the fuck up. By the end of 3 I thought he was cool.

I don't fully understand what people mean when they make comments like he's "bland" or "too safe" or that a character is boring. I feel that way about edgy characters who fucking hate everyone all the time, like Connor, or characters that just want to steal shit or be as fucked up as possible because that's their M.O. what the hell does that even mean? They're fictional people.
>>
>>341710681
If you haven't already, try Revelations and 3. Both are superior to Unity and Syndicate.
>>
>>341689624
AC1 was fresh, innovative, had an interesting and unique world that felt immersive and vibrant, interesting and historic characters, and a world that actually changed based on your actions..

You can shit on the rest of the series all you fuckin like, because it's just went straight down hill after AC1, but AC1 was a unique and good game.
>>
>>341711084
I know exactly the one you're talking about. That was fucking dumb.
>>
>>341711170
The only memorable things he ever does are because of Juno.
>>
>>341689624
Like >>341690310 said, Black Flag was fucking GOAT.
>>
>>341690310

Black Flag sucked cock.

Rogue was a MILLION times better.
>>
>>341711581
Shit taste, and an obvious sign of a homosexual attraction to pirates and/or being a faggot who acts like a fan of a series despite only playing the more recent game(s).
>>
>>341711453
He could've literally became Christ to the world, if he ignored Juno. Do you remember the vision Minerva presented to him? The mission where he rescued his father was also fucking phenomenal and had a conclusion I didn't anticipate. Basically everything he did in 3 was memorable. What are you talking about?
>>
File: Whoa just take it easy man.jpg (18 KB, 277x232) Image search: [Google]
Whoa just take it easy man.jpg
18 KB, 277x232
>>341711860
>>
>>341711265
AC1 had 0 mission variety where you repeat the same few missions to end up assassinating one important person repeated 9 times, 0 character personality or development, and had no equipment changing.
>>
>>341711898
He stabs Lucy because of The Apple/Juno, and he goes with Juno's plan instead of Minerva's. Face it, man. He's a bland puppet.

Desmond could've been any other character rescuing anyone else, and that modern day mission would've been the same.
>>
>>341711860
No, I just really liked that game. Sorry, though. Maybe this isn't the thread to post about it.
>>
>>341711837

Kenway didn't give a fuck about the Assassins or their cause, he was just in it for the money.

Rogue was interesting since you got to see just how desperate the Assassins really are plus their lack of foresight.

It also showed you that the Templar don't want to rule the world; simply guide it using an invisible hand.

Templar for life, nigga.
>>
No shitposter replies? I'm surprised, guys.
>>341709312

Then again, it's pretty late.
>>
>>341712325
>Kenway didn't give a fuck about the Assassins or their cause

he did by the end
>>
>>341711975
>0 character personality or development
I disagree here, it definitely had the best written dialogue. What your targets say after being assassinated is actually interesting not U KILLED ME BUT I WAS A DECOY HAHA FAGGOT! And each target felt varied, unlike in the other games where you really don't even know or care about who you're killing.

I think AC1 was the only ambitious AC game.
>>
>>341712305
Don't be sorry. If you think the game is better than the other AC games, then argue your points.

I won't agree with them, because I've played it, but you should still try to discuss it.
>>
>>341712536

And his son ended up as a Templar whom ended up fucking wreking the Assassins in America.

Poetry.
>>
>>341712650
This. I didn't give a shit who I was killing in Syndicate; and I was confused as to why the dying people were seemingly talking to both the assassin and the player at the same time, yet only conveying info relevant to the assassin. What was the point?
>>
>>341689624
Game should have ended with ezio, it went down hill after that. Gg ubisoft
>>
>>341712290
That's what he did because he wasn't given a choice not to. Juno forced him to do that so yes in one instance you're right. He was a puppet. On the other hand, he made the decision to go with Juno's plan because it meant that people would die, and that was enough for him to decide to sacrifice himself. The only one who really knows what Juno is capable of is Minerva.

Shaun: "What is he... is he the chosen one, is that it? Little Jimmy Special or some bollocks like that?"
William: "I'm afraid not. But what he has is rare. His genes contain high concentrations of First Civilization DNA. Only about one in ten million are so lucky."

https://youtu.be/Zc_kPRDw0W0?t=658
>>
>>341712696
Fuck you, faggot. You're not the boss of me.
>>
>>341710057
>>don't push any pedestrians
>during a fucking chase sequence through crowded streets and alleys
that sync was so hard until I realize there was an empty alley right before the crowded street
>>
>>341713098
I disagree. Suck Ezio's dick all you want, but the truth is that most people were playing for the setting by the end of his story.

III had an amazing setting, dragged down by a slow beginning as young Connor and simplified combat.

Liberation was pretty good.

IV had absolutely terrible missions, and is only liked because of "muh pirates".

Freedom Cry was short but good. Adewale wasn't a deep character, but he and the game's story were very believable.

Rogue was decent, but too short. Also, it seems like there wasn't much effort put into the writing.

Syndicate and Unity are hot garbage.
>>
>>341713529
I just beat AC III a few weeks ago. I know what I'm talking about, man.
>>
>>341713556
>I lack the skill and eloquence to argue my points
>>
>>341689624
I like the runny jumpy climby gameplay.
I also like history and so enjoy seeing histroical sites and settings and reading those little wiki articles.
>>
>>341692682
>people are so starved for pirate games that they consider black flag a good game for the sole factor that it has pirates
Quite a shame tbf
>>
File: 1460493474245.png (214 KB, 298x342) Image search: [Google]
1460493474245.png
214 KB, 298x342
>>341713960
>>
File: 1274736586598.png (446 KB, 602x502) Image search: [Google]
1274736586598.png
446 KB, 602x502
I played the first 4 (AC1 and AC2 trilogy) games, and almost got AC3 for Christmas when it came out but got something else instead. I really liked the series, the characters and locations and climbing cool shit, but just got tired of the same three mission varieties.
I hear Desmond is dead now. Did anything worthwhile happen in the future or was he just a waste of time for 4 games? Did anyone like the modern segments at all? You hugged Leo right?
>>
>>341714769
You should watch the modern segments if you don't want to play it. Early on its just climbing, Though a bit more intense than anything in the Animus, since it's on a fucking skyscraper. Later on, though, there's more stealth, and in the end it's fucking absolute chaos. There are encounters with Daniel Cross, which is a character that only had time in comics or some shit but was notable none the less. There is a mission where you have to rescue William Miles. The conclusion was both satisfying and pretty fucking clever.
>>
>>341692536

the point of connor was to play an uneducated savage and it was the only time where the series tried to play with the morality of the two groups

just because a character is not a likeable person doesnt mean he is badly written
>>
So if I just want to play a pirate game should I go with Black Flag or Rogue? I haven't played an AC game since 2 so the plot details
won't matter either way.
>>
>>341715195

black flag is pretty good but the best to play first are ac2 and brotherhood hand in hand.
>>
>>341715149
fucking
thank you
its all just
fucking
preferences
>>
>>341714769
>>341715138
He was useful for the very limited time that they included him in the gameplay.
>>
File: Only the mission matters..png (324 KB, 535x724) Image search: [Google]
Only the mission matters..png
324 KB, 535x724
>>341715138

Oh this nigger and his Sigma team are going to fuck up Galina in the next game.

Just wait and see.
>>
>>341715491
Is it just me, or does almost every main bad guy in Assassin's Creed have facial hair?
>>
>>341689624
AC 1,2 brotherhood and revelations were great games. It went downhill rapidly after that, especially the milking of the desmond story. At first you really get sucked into the story then you find you every AC gets another bullshit chapter, it's like watching a soap with no ending
>>
>>341715714

Makes them look Alpha, mang.

But really, Berg is going to kill off at least two main characters before dying himself.
>>
>>341689624
I completely understand, these games are trash.
With the exception of black flag and for it's ship battles.
>>
>>341715714
Men have beards
>>
>>341716159
refer to
>>341711860
>>
>>341716493
I like sea warfare, you could say i like seamen.
>>
Played ac3 and swore not to get another after collecting all extras and secrets. Spent rediculous of time on it avoiding main story to complete side quest. Was not worth the time or effort. Baugh back flag on release. Better game but same fucking thing all over. Didn't bother with extras because waste of time. Enjoyed it but no more. Same thing different time line. I know this is what the games are about but it feels like they are just pumping them out like there's no tomorrow
>>
>>341715714
they just give beards to older people, Ezio had one when he was old
>>
The first one enticed me with its setting. A proper open-world game set in the crusades was unheard of. The second one hooked me with all the conspiracy shit you had to uncover by searching for hidden stuff on historical landmarks. A proper story with a good narrative and serviceable gameplay topped it off. Brotherhood was fun in an entirely different way, though. Ezio was getting older and seeing your young assassins pop out of the woodwork and wreck shit was the pinnacle of that game for me. Revelations I can't say much about because I don't remember much apart from the bombs.

And the other games lost that charm and didn't replace it with anything. Yes, Black Flag was fun, but not at all in the same way.
>>
>>341717215
Revelations was a very short game. I beat it the night I got it.
Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.