[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what game would you recommend for someone dealing with depression?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: image.png (274 KB, 412x412) Image search: [Google]
image.png
274 KB, 412x412
what game would you recommend for someone dealing with depression? not clinical depression, just some rough times.
>>
>>>/wsr/
>>
>>341687485
New Doom so you can battle your demons
>>
Lisa: the painful RPG.
>>
Spec Ops: The Line
Really fun game that is all about being heroic. You help more and more people as you progress, and really feel good about yourself at the end.
>>
File: 14559089.gif (944 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
14559089.gif
944 KB, 500x281
>>341692496
>>
what game lets me be in the right
>>
File: Man.png (2 KB, 170x143) Image search: [Google]
Man.png
2 KB, 170x143
>>341687485
For me, Windward works pretty well. Nice little game about sailing and shit, and I just play the sea shanties from Assassins Creed IV while I sail. Another good one is skyrim, if only because I mod it and turn it into a comfy little survival simulator with waifus.
>>
go out with a bang op
>>
Undertale, Stardew Valley, The Witcher 3

>deal with it
>>
>>341687485
Most people will shit on you but honestly I've been there for the past few months dude. Sometimes I'm so down that I don't even want to touch vidya.
Hard to say.
>>341690879
This nigga said it as a joke but Doom was actually pretty fun. I enjoyed it.
Hang in there man.
>>
File: 256px-Hotel_Dusk.jpg (23 KB, 256x230) Image search: [Google]
256px-Hotel_Dusk.jpg
23 KB, 256x230
>>341687485
Hotel Dusk
>>
>>341690879
This works actually. Hang in there.
>>
File: paperclip.gif (760 KB, 576x768) Image search: [Google]
paperclip.gif
760 KB, 576x768
>>341695396
>>
File: CastleCrashersScreen1.png (166 KB, 500x301) Image search: [Google]
CastleCrashersScreen1.png
166 KB, 500x301
>>341687485
with friends this fun to vent in
>>
>>341687485
Depends, I used Dark Souls after a massive break up. That game forces you to take your mind off whatever else is going on in your life. Stardew Valley is good if you want something more cheerful. Mario All Stars on snes also works.
>>
>>341687485
Some chick made a game about depression. Heard it was surprisingly accurate and good.
>>
American truck simulator.

Put on a radio station and just deliver stuff while being comfy.
>>
3D zelda games. Windwaker. Ocarina of Time.

Once you get into the "Swing" of the game they're almost meditative, just hunting around for items, looking for secrets and enjoying easy but fun battles
>>
>>341696290
It's neither.
>>
>>341687485
Depends upon what heals your ailments. When I get really down, I can become very critical of games with a happy go lucky vibe, as they're often coupled with a lack of narrative substance and import. This makes games which one might find uplifting actually really hard to deal with. For example, I just finished the wonderful 101 many years after I bought it because I just simply couldn't deal with how pointless the story was, which ended up making the experience of playing pretty bleak. I still hold that it's not at all deep as far as stories go, but it did help eventually to break me out of a rut with its color and energy. I've found games like dark souls very meditative and helpful, as well, though I'm conflicted about whether or not they abate or propagate internal dark.
>>
>>341687485
Yume Nikki
>>
Sometimes Always Monsters
>>
>>341696290
I agree with this anon
>>341696543
Depression quest is to be avoided - its primary conceit is exceptionally shallow and will suggest to the player that there is no way to approach your depression after it gains suitable hold on your psyche. Not the kind of thing a depressed person should hear or have to deal with. Didactic twine games can be intriguing, but depression quest is not among that crowd.
>>
Open world games with good immersion

Comfy Nintendo games (Mario, Animal Crossing, Zelda)

Slime Rancher

I personally play GTA, Nintendo stuff or story based games in my backlog. Multiplayer with friends also helps, but try to avoid MP games by yourself, even though you're still playing with others, you're still solo.
>>
>>341696638
Potentially very uplifting actually, but it could also really set you off.
>>
>>341696290
it's inoffensive but trite, like one of those pixel "art" flash games that were popular on kongregate, etc a few years ago.
>>
A drinking game.

How many drinks can you drink before you forget.

That's how you deal with depression, right guys?
>>
Pokemon Channel
>>
>>341687485
mother 3
>>
>>341687485
Idk about you but the PSO community is filled with pretty oddball folks on private servers.
4player dungeon crawl with futuristic weapon and magic. Head over to Ephinea 's private server . We've got hardcore mode where other HC players will give a shit and help you and help you out.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.