[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Find a flaw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2
File: maxpayne3_action3_2560x1600.jpg (791 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
maxpayne3_action3_2560x1600.jpg
791 KB, 2560x1600
Find a flaw
>>
>>341673941

Not long enough.
>>
>>341673941

I've never understood the hate for this game, and I never will.

The combat was top notch, and playing as depressed, drunk, has-been Max really drove home the noir feel. Only complaint was that the plot was a bit dumb.

The fact that Victor Branco had to travel 3,000 miles, just so they could hire Max to later be the fall guy in an assassination attempt was a bit far fetched.
>>
>>341673941
It was great. I enjoyed the setting of 1 and 2 more, but 3 was awesome.
>>
>>341673941

Bad writing you are forced to endure, Tony Scott-ripoff editing (yeah Rockstar, I saw Man on Fire too), plot had no emotional stakes.

Shooting felt good but it gets broken up far too often by these fucking abrasive cutscenes.
>>
>>341673941
Rockstar's "style" was a shitty clusterfuck compared to Remedy's Max Payne games but the gameplay was way improved. Except for when it turned into an on-rails shooter. Nobody asked for that bullshit.

Story was pretty good as well
>>
>>341673941
Unskippable cutscenes
>>
>>341677048
fuck off
>>
>>341676867
It killed the replay value for me. Even in arcade mode, I didn't want to watch max jump to a highrise platform and "almost fall" everytime I wanted to go for a high score.
Made me go and play the originals, those are breddy gud
>>
Unskippable cut scenes
Bad story
Shit multiplayer
>>
>>341673941

The man? He's self indulgent.
>>
>>341673941
[Loading post]
>>
>>341677130
Truth hurts doesn't it?
>>
The stupid setting/levels for a third of the game. I like Max Payne shooting through bars, allies, and colorful cityscapes. Not brown and bloom Brazil setting.
>>
Unskippable cutscenes.
>>
>>341673941
its not max payne

no sam lake, also hes a complete faggot in this game.
>>
CUTSCENES ARE NOT SKIPPABLE FAST ENOUGH

other than that it was close to my personal GOTY the year it came out, the shooting mechanics are just too good
>>
cutscenes, specifically how often they break up the gameplay
magic doors that are always locked from the other side once you pass through them
>>
Brazil
>>
Co-op mode is multiplayer only dlc that was released months after the game first came out, and the shooting feels really wierd in it. Enemy deaths lag behind a great deal no matter what, and you can't play this shit solo or on LAN apparently.
>>
Love this game. Replayed lots of times and I like the cutscenes and soundtrack. Must be because I live in São Paulo. You gringos have bad taste.
>>
>>341673941
I have none. It's a great game that only contrarian faggots dislike.
>>
>>341677048

this is probably the main issue

great game though
>>
>>341673941
hard seemed balanced around the golden gun collectibles
>>
>>341673941
Rockstar Social Club
>>
File: 1443170746223.png (956 KB, 841x849) Image search: [Google]
1443170746223.png
956 KB, 841x849
>>341678064
>try to reinstall the game last year
>can't verify it through social club
>have to get a crack to play a game I fucking own
>>
Multiplayer was surprisingly fun but it died pretty quick. Co-op dlc took forever to come out and only has two maps.
>>
>>341678018
Hard is balanced around being good
>>
>>341677802
this
>>
>>341673941
no next gen remake.
>>
>>341678793
It's on PC and still looks good.
>>
>>341673941
just one? are you sure you don't want more?
>>
Why the fuck would they not reuse the gunplay for GTA V
>>
>>341678018
>balanced around the golden gun collectibles
what? did they actually do anything other than change the aesthetic?
>>
>>341678793
the fact that there will never be another one hurts much more than that, anon.
>>
>>341678626
with regular weapons i'd run out of bullet time/ammo at the heavy armor guy on the roof towards the end
>>
>>341679038
That's what I was thinking as soon as GTA 5 gameplay was shown. Was really disappointed that they didn't build on Max Payne 3's shooting mechanics.
>>
>>341677802
>Yeah lets just make another game set in New York
Honestly the brazil setting was a good idea
Its the last thing you should complain about
>>
>>341675117
Did you even played the other games? Playing as a depressed, drunk and has-been Max was terrible. Remedy knew Max story was over, so they sold it. 3 only proves they were right. There's no pain or obstacle that can shadow what he already went through in the first two games. Just let it go and create another character/IP.
>>
>>341679263
You need to make your shots count if you want to make it through some levels with any ammo left.
Max Payne 2 was the same way on harder difficulties.
>>
>>341679375
I was just memeing
In fact, i am brazilian
>>
>>341674029
this

also

>not enough old Max
>writing could be better
>more guns
>>
Can't skip cutscenes
>>
>>341679884
There was a whole chapter with old Max, he was just bald.
>>
Its a really great game
The levels where fun and the disco music got me hyped with the heavy bass
>>
>>341679515

The story for max payne has always been cliche and dumb as fuck. Complaining about the quality of a video game story is just stupid. The gameplay was masterful
>>
>>341675117

You don't understand the ridiculous amount of cutscenes that repeatedly remove control from the player throughout the game?
>>
>>341678196
>buy a game on steam
>have to different online service
>for a singleplayer game

this should be illegal
>>
It started the uncompressed shit disease. the game is like 30GB
>>
>>341685078

dat 1 more fps tho
>>
>>341673941
on rails boat chase
>>
>>341683816
>complaining about story in a videogame that forces it's story down our throat and takes it way too seriously for it's own good is wrong and stupid
No anon, Max 1 and 2 knew what they were and acted accordingly. 3 made sure we paid a lot of attention to how emotional and meaningfull the tale they were telling us were. And gameplay of 3 is good but the levels were shit.
>>
>>341684638

it was annoying, but it shouldn't make people hate the whole fucking game
>>
I'll pile on with the cutscene complaint. The gameplay is literally perfect. I was so excited to get into arcade mode. Imagine my anger when I discovered YOU STILL HAD TO WATCH THE FUCKING CUTSCENES.
>>
>>341685414

They're so numerous and egregious I could easily see it. I still like the game despite it, but it definitely hurts replayibility.
>>
>>341677412
They're skippable on pc. They're a front for load screens
>>
>>341685338

I don't see how Max Payne 3 was any more sentimental than the other 2. Max Payne and The Fall of Max Payne tried to make Max tragic, and they actually tried to make the doomed love story meaningful. Max Payne 3 was a story about a fucked-up dummy thrown into the middle of a nutty situation he doesn't understand. The only thing that carries him through is his amazing abilities to kill and take a beating. I didn't sense any grander ambition
>>
>>341685889

no, no they're not. they're only partly skippable, but it's hardly an improvement.
>>
>>341686764
>I don't see how Max Payne 3 was any more sentimental than the other 2
All you need to do is replay them. I did this once and it's jarring. 1 especially is the one who takes itself less seriously. It's serious when it needs but it constantly reminds you that this is just videogame and just tries to makes it fun for you. You still had this on 2, in a lesser extent. In 3? Dear god, it's just depression, swearing and sarcasm. And those constant cutscenes pushing that story down your throat.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.