[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got this game thanks to PS Plus and beat and yesterday... Was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 300x168
I got this game thanks to PS Plus and beat and yesterday...
Was that it? Did I play the game right? I looked at a few review scores and it got really good scores but when I beat it, it was nothing like that at all???
Am I missing something here because the story, soundtrack, and gameplay was NOT deserving of those scores.
>>
I told you last time that the dad got fucked in the butt when he was a kid and I meant it

Also art games
>>
>>341666039
>I looked at a few review scores and it got really good scores but when I beat it, it was nothing like that at all???

You remember that gamergate shit? This is what they were (originally) talking about.
>>
File: 1464393335728.gif (2 MB, 160x200) Image search: [Google]
1464393335728.gif
2 MB, 160x200
I thought the gameplay was fine, the story was predictable and mediocre, (even though I still had a little bit of feels.) Definitely not worth the 20$ for a literal 3 hour game. So glad that I got to play this for free instead of wasting 20$ on such a short non re-playable game.
>>
>>341667562
I would have been pissed if I had paid $20 for this.
>>
GOTY 2013
GOTM 2000
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKJRNrGE5JM
>>
>>341666039
I liked the game. I think people only hate it because "muh ass jay dubyas! ;(("
>>
>>341667562
This it was shit and you saw the whole gay angle right when you walked in. Seriously I don't know why it got so much praise I would've preferred it better if the sister killed herself in the attic. Also the whole fight the patriarchy thing, that totally wasn't really a thing in the time period felt so out of place.
>>
File: GH.jpg (43 KB, 646x359) Image search: [Google]
GH.jpg
43 KB, 646x359
Did anybody else have my situation? I had just gotten steam and saw it had really good reviews so I got it just to have something to play and because of the ambiance of the house I just assumed it was a survival horror game.

So I spent the first 20 minutes creeping around looking through everything I could find for some kind of weapon or ammo, scared shitless that a zombie was going to burst out at any second. It was like being excited to go see Sweeny Todd and not finding out until I was in there it's a fucking musical all over again.
>>
File: Gone Home.jpg (730 KB, 1217x4887) Image search: [Google]
Gone Home.jpg
730 KB, 1217x4887
>>341668639
>I think people only hate it because "muh ass jay dubyas! ;(("

Just like people only hate Ghostbusters due to women, right? It was always a cop out excuse.

It was average as fuck and could hardly be called a game, yet it was being praised as the best thing ever, under extremely dubious circumstances. Which is why it got considerable backlash. But yeah, it has gays! Everyone must be homophobic bigots.
>>
File: 71PXPEp.jpg (531 KB, 1032x2647) Image search: [Google]
71PXPEp.jpg
531 KB, 1032x2647
>>341666039
>Am I missing something here because the story, soundtrack, and gameplay was NOT deserving of those scores.

They didn't get great scores based on merit. They got it because they were personal friends on gaming journalists. SJW creators basically knew corrupted sjw gaming journalists. This game represents everything wrong with the indie scene and gaming journalism.
>>
>>341670070
Apply for a refund asap.
>>
File: gone home.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
gone home.webm
2 MB, 640x360
Here's the entire game.
>>
>>341670096
Did I mention gays in my comment? I just said a lot of people hate because of the hive mind.
I don't disagree that a lot of reviewers praised just because of their ideology/ connections with the deisgners, but that doesn't undermine the game itself, which is decent; Not GOTY, but definitely not the utter trite people insist on calling it.

>>341670070
I also bought the game thinking it was a survival horror. Their marketing is pretty sketchy.
>>
>>341670720
>Did I mention gays in my comment?
Not specifically, you mentioned SJWs, who were only praising the game due to it's central theme. Which is a struggle with homosexuality.
Ergo, while you weren't specifically stating it, you were heavily implying it.
>>
>>341670720
>but definitely not the utter trite people insist on calling it.

You have shit taste if you think the game was remotely good. Did you start gaming recently or something? Because this game is one of the worst piece of crap out there pretending to be anything more than a walking sim with shitty story.
>>
>>341670702
>You can literally earn a trophy for beating this in less than 10 minutes
>>
>>341671804
its 1
>>
File: 1416140293307.jpg (29 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1416140293307.jpg
29 KB, 500x333
At least Gone Home is a real game unlike Danganronpa.
>>
>>341666039
>I looked at a few review scores and it got really good scores but when I beat it, it was nothing like that at all???
>Am I missing something here because the story, soundtrack, and gameplay was NOT deserving of those scores.

Now you finally understand what Gamergate has been fighting against.... bullshit gaming journalism.
>>
Nah. I'm one of the few people here who won't vehemently shit on Gone Home - I did like its general ambience and its dedication to telling a story with the environment - but I still struggle to acknowledge it as anything more than a generous 5/10 as it has its problems like some underwhelming story arcs and virtually no appreciable gameplay. To say it is massively overrated is an understatement.
>>
>>341672439
Holy shit I'm pissed now.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.