[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /v/ know of any first-person shooters with random map generation?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: productphotomain_opening.jpg (45 KB, 680x424) Image search: [Google]
productphotomain_opening.jpg
45 KB, 680x424
Does /v/ know of any first-person shooters with random map generation? Sort of like pic-related, but with less quirky, stylized graphics.
>>
>>341663307
Tower of Guns is good
Some of the textures sorta remind me of Rayman 2's Pirate ships. Also it has a lot of bullets.
>>
Oblige for Doom
>>
>>341663560
I've heard of that, I haven't had the time to get an ancient game like that to work on pc, especially with mods.
>>
Ziggurat
>>
Not really a shooter, but Eldritch
>>
>>341663513
Me again.

Tower of Guns : get in a room, dozens of turrets appear, bullets fill the screen, try to avoid them. You won't. Coop not included.

Sir, You Are Being Hunted: Stranded on an island with a bunch of british robot hunters, look for specific machine parts to escape. Tougher enemies appear as you get more parts. Not sure if there's coop.

Space Beast Terror Fright: You're in a spaceship and have to download stuff in datacores, which occasionally gives you gun/HUD upgrades. Much more unforgiving than the other two, you can easily die in a few shots (ToG does that only after a couple of hours). Coop included, but if you're gonna use split screen then you'll end up with a HUD for ants (and that thing is hella useful).

Eldritch: Minecraft-y graphics, monsters inspired from Lovecraft. I don't find it as fun as, say, ToG, but you might think otherwise. No coop in that one. Don't have much to say about it either.

If you're into horror survival (no guns), there's also Monstrum.
>>
>>341663829
Nigga just download Zdoom or some other sourceport, download Doom and slap all the wad files in the same folder as Zdoom. It's that easy.
>>
>>341664510
I'll have to try that.
>>
>>341664481
Damn, that's quite the list. I appreciate it.
>>
>>341664481
I'll add that "Sir" is really more of a survival game, you won't usually confront large packs of enemies as they won't have too much trouble taking you down. You do have saves that aren't erased though, so take advantage of that.
>>
>>341664691
No worries, I really like games with generated maps. If you've got any questions about the games, ask away!
>>
>>341663307
Receiver I guess?
>>
>>341665352
Is that finished yet?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.