[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
oh nintendo not again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 22
File: wii-u-nx.jpg (60 KB, 950x617) Image search: [Google]
wii-u-nx.jpg
60 KB, 950x617
i have discovered what the NX is.

It's the same shit they did the last time in 2007 with the the Wii and the GCN. GCN didn't sell so they repackaged the GCN in a shinier package, increased the ram a bit and gave it a new name called Wii.

Same shit with the NX. LIke the GCN, the WiiU sold like shit so they have repackaged it.

WiiU and NX are the same thing.
>>
The gamecube was the same architecture as the Wii, the same way the PCs of today are the same architecture for the last couple decades. It doesn't mean todays PCs are "repackaged" PCs from decades ago. It just means they function similarly.

And even so, I seriously doubt the NX will be PPC because there's no one still manufacturing PPC chips in 2016.
>>
>Flash cards

All I care about.

Holy fuck those loading times on DKTF
>>
>>341661710
Playing DKCTF off the system's internal flash memory isn't much better, especially when Nintendo cheaps out and buys the shittiest nands. Even 3DS games have load times, cartridge doesn't inherently mean no load times.
>>
>>341660965
>GCN didn't sell so they repackaged the GCN in a shinier package, increased the ram a bit and gave it a new name called Wii.
You're forgetting about the brand new gimmick controller that was the entire point of the console. NX will be more powerful than the PS4/Xbone but less powerful than its contemporaries for the third generation in a row.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhl5sk9i6Mk&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>341662659
They are fucked
>>
>>341662659
This doesn't say anything

>>341663538
They're not actually.
>>
>>341662659
Well... maybe BoTW can be Nintendo's swan song...
>>
>>341663671
>>341663671
Yea they are. If they have no competing console with lowers specs they will have no third party support. Alot of people have abandoned Nintendo. They are on thin ice as far as consoles go. Another Wii U could mess them up bad
>>
>>341664471
You do realize the question was pertaining to the incremental upgrades that are Neo and Scorpio? Which is irrelevant since third party developers won't be using those SKUs and sticking with the base PS4 and Xbone?

Why the hell does NX have to chase after Neo and Scorpio specs? It makes no sense. Literally matching the current consoles or even exceeding them by a good amount is good enough as is. It doesn't have to match the incremental upgrades.
>>
>>341661410
>>341661410
RIP PPC

punched well above its weight but x86 was always gonna win
>>
>>341664936
Because muh 4k, even though neither Scorpio or Neo will support 4k gaming. In other words, you are correct.
>>
>>341660965
Wii came out in 2006, anon. Not the year you bought one.
>>
>>341664936
>Why the hell does NX have to chase after Neo and Scorpio specs?

Developer support, VR (since the shit requires what 3DS does but HD), stability in high end games.

Not gonna jump on 4K since I don't think a lot of console GPUs are well equipped for that.
>>
>>341662659
>all those dislikes
This is what Nintendo has always been about. Their whole strategy is to make weaker hardware than the competition, but put more and better games on it - That way, they don't have to sell their console at a loss like Sony does, and they primarily rely on software sales to make money. This is good news for the consumer because it means you can always expect Nintendo consoles to have at least a handful of good games.

But no, you teenage Sonyggers know what's best. You know what Nintendo's fans want. We don't want more and better games, we want an absolute technological marvel like the PS4, even though it's a piece of shit and my PC had 10 times the power of the PS4 on its launch. Nintendo should just abandon what makes people like them and listen to you guys.
>>
>>341661410
>because there's no one still manufacturing PPC chips in 2016
IBM still manufactures POWER chips, they just don't own the foundry anymore. I'm pretty sure Freescale is still making them, too.
>>
>>341667298
Cause the Wii U is such a success right? every nintendo console excluding the Wii has been less successful then the one before it
>>
>>341667298
Nintendo fan interjecting here, 3DS sold at a loss and Wii U had lackluster sales and developer support.

So that narrative's been long discredited.
>>
>>341667298
>they don't have to sell their console at a loss like Sony does
>This is good news for the consumer

You just somehow spun Nintendo refusing to follow the "loss leader" strategy and calling it a pro-consumer move.

Fascinating.
>>
>>341667806
>implying the NX can't possibly outsell WiiU
>>
File: wiiusalesholyshit.jpg (81 KB, 1177x550) Image search: [Google]
wiiusalesholyshit.jpg
81 KB, 1177x550
>>341667298
>Their whole strategy is to make weaker hardware than the competition, but put more and better games on it
The issue is, that since the N64, Sony has had more and better games on it. Since the Gamecube, Xbox has had better games too.
That strategy straight up doesn't work, every generation of Nintendo console has gotten less and less sales, with the exception of the Wii and DS, which succeeded not because they pleased Nintendo fans but because they provided an 'intuitive' control scheme that appealed to casual gamers and normies. Unfortunately for Nintendo, new control methods don't appeal to anyone anymore due to iOS and android taking over the casual market, and the Wii motion controls alienating core gamers and developers with imprecise, gimmicky controls.
Sony and Microsoft have outsold them in every generation with the exception of the Wii generation because they sell their consoles at a loss and provide a better platform for making a profit to 3rd party developers, whilst also providing a decent range of 1st party titles.
>>
>>341668905
using a failing strategy
>>
>>341667806
And this is exactly why they're doing the Wii strategy again. You guys should have just bought the Wii U. It has Splatoon, Mario Maker, Bayonetta 2, Pokken Tournament, the definitive version of Smash 4, Mario 3D World, DK:TF, Pikmin 3, Hyrule Warriors, Zelda remakes, and Breath of the Wild coming out in 2017. I haven't been able to name this many good games on a console since the SNES era.

But instead, people chose not to buy it, so now we're getting punished with another Wii, which was Nintendo's worst console. And people will love it and eat it up like the retards they are.

>>341667876
Of course there are some exceptions, but when you look at other times Nintendo failed to outsell the competition, those were also the gens where Nintendo's home console was more powerful. The pattern (with the exception of the Wii U) is that when they make a weak console, everybody buys it, and when they make a strong console people instead go for the cheaper option. But we're told that this is bad, and that Nintendo is really evil and stupid for not making an incredibly powerful console.

Do you see the problem? We're being told Nintendo needs to create a strong console, by the same people who buy the weakest console every generation. They're hypocrites.

>>341668531
Yeah I mean it's almost like I prefer the company that provides more and better games, how anti-consumer right? No, it would be anti-consumer to make a more powerful (more expensive) console, and somehow act like it benefits the consumer, and then not put any games on it. And you know who does that.
>>
>>341670084
>>341670084
>implying I implied that
>>
>>341670149
>And people will love it and eat it up like the retards they are.
Just to clarify - If the NX is really expensive and has no games, people will love it. But if it's cheap and has a ton of great games like the Wii U, everybody will talk about how it's this huge scam and how Nintendo is anti-consumer and they won't buy it.

The moral of the story is that people have shitty taste.
>>
>>341669558
>n64
>just under 33mill sales
which is weird because everyone i knew had an n64 and maybe ONE person had a ps1
>>
File: bft5uhni4mmkcpm6bl5m.gif (119 KB, 320x204) Image search: [Google]
bft5uhni4mmkcpm6bl5m.gif
119 KB, 320x204
>>341670149
>how anti-consumer right?

I believe the common term used to describe people like you is "corporate whore" of the shameless and pandering variety.

Please observe this image. If you have an instant, raging hardon at merely glancing at it, then you have tested positive.
>>
>>341670149
Why do Nintendo fan boys think that the Wii U was the 'hardcore' attempt?
It's called the Wii U.
In case you hadn't noticed, that's "Wii" with a "U" after it.
Not to mention that the controller was an obvious attempt to ape tablets and smartphones.
>>
>>341664936
NX is a Gen 9 console.
When people praise the NX being as "strong as a PS4" I'm always kind of taken back.
That should be a given, It should make PS4 look outdated by comparison even being in the same league is bad.
>>
>>341670405
Looking back, the Wii U didn't have many games to play.

Smash, Mario Kart.......

Yeah, that's it really.

That's half the reason the console sales were down the toilet, barely any compelling games.
>>
>>341670656
>my anecdote is way more accurate than genuine sales figures coming directly from Nintendo!
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/sales/hard_soft/
>>
They should stick to handhelds, discontinue their own consoles, and make games for other consoles.
>>
>>341660965
The NX hopefully fails just as bad as the Wii U did so Nintendo will stop making toy- oops, I mean "Hardware" and just stick to making games for other platforms.
>>
>>341660965
So, NX will be a Wii U with increased autism?

They are dead to me for now
>>
>>341670953
It had plenty of great games, it just didn't have the AAA catalogue that modern gamers want now.
>>
File: 1456036684879.png (67 KB, 374x362) Image search: [Google]
1456036684879.png
67 KB, 374x362
>>341670953
In all honestly I'm happy with my Wii U even if it's a Splatoon Machine
Even now I'm pretty close to canceling my #FE pre-order as it is since I know I probably won't enjoy it.
I don't regret my buy but for the first time I'm not anticipating their next console.
>>
>>341662659

I think the sales of the PS4 have proven that it's ALL about the specs.

People brought that system and waited 2 years for decent content.

People, of course, are stupid and will miss the WiiU when it's gone just like the Dreamcast. Why? BECAUSE IT'S ABOUT THE CONTENT, YOU FUCKS.
>>
>>341670875
>I'm standing up against the evil corporations! I'm really smart!
K Occupy Wallstreet ended about 5 years ago, you can stop now

>>341670883
>Why do Nintendo fan boys think that the Wii U was the 'hardcore' attempt?
I never said that. I just said it has more and better games than the PS4 and Xbox One, and it's the best console since the SNES, both of which are true.
>Not to mention that the controller was an obvious attempt to ape tablets and smartphones.
I like the Wii U pad, it's one of my favorite controllers of all time. Just because it can be compared to tablets / smartphones doesn't mean I'm going to instantly hate it for that superficial reason.

>>341670953
I just listed 10 other games
>>
File: 1430373785063.jpg (34 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1430373785063.jpg
34 KB, 480x360
>>341671135
>my anecdote is way more accurate
where did i say nintendo's own figures were wrong? all i said was "that's weird"
calm the fuck down
>>
>>341671340
>Pokemon for Smartphones or on anything that's not a toaster.
Oh god please, Hopefully they'll ditch the overly family friendly front they put up as well.

It's kinda strange going from a Nintenyeaold to someone who really just wants to see them out, They can make great games but are held back by the hardware.
>>
>>341671903
Oops, From the thumbnail I thought it was a more happy face.
Have this one instead.
>>
>>341667298
No, newfag, the main strategy before Wii was to make a powerful console at an affordable price. SNES could support kebopards and mouse by default, but they decided to not include these so the price keeps low.
>>
>>341670656
The N64 sold very well in the United States, almost as many units as the SNES. So for us in America, it was a lot more common to know a lot of people who had an N64.
>>
File: 1465601130738.gif (2 MB, 427x387) Image search: [Google]
1465601130738.gif
2 MB, 427x387
>>341670149
Why would I want to buy Mario maker when I can just create my own levels in the Little big planet games? Why would I want splatoon when I can just get any other fps/third-person-shooter that has multiplayer and mic support? Why would I want Pokken tournament when I can just play Street fighter V or Mortal Kombat X? And the list goes on.
Just because it has Nintendo mascots on it that doesn't mean I'm gonna buy the same game on a different platform.
>>
>>341671613
>I'm standing up against the evil corporations! I'm really smart!

I didn't try to spin a manufacturer's decision to avoid a loss leader strategy (in which the manufacturer sells their product at a loss... which obviously benefits the consumer because the product he is buying is being subsized by the manufacturer) as pro-consumer strategy.

You did that.
>>
>>341671485
Nintendo on their own can't provide enough content for their own console.
>>
>>341672104
>for us in America
canadian, actually
>>
>>341671613
Those games clearly aren't enough.

People speak with their wallets.
>>
>>341672195
So I like how you're not even talking about games. Nintendo should throw money away, that's what would get you to like them. No retard, I think they should make money by making more and better games and disregarding hardware. That should be their strategy. You think Nintendo's strategy should be to stop making games and just start throwing away money to impress Bernie supporters or something. Sorry, I like games, can't get behind that idea.
>>
>>341671613
>I never said that.
Maybe not outright, but you implied that the NX will be an attempt to recapture the Wii audience as if they tried to do something different with the Wii U, failed, and are now going back to a Wii style console.

>I like the Wii U pad, it's one of my favorite controllers of all time. Just because it can be compared to tablets / smartphones doesn't mean I'm going to instantly hate it for that superficial reason.
It's not a bad controller by any means, but it is most definitely an attempt to appeal to iOS gamers.
>>
>>341671903
I think the main issue holding back their games is the online infrastructure. Pokemon, Splatoon would benefit quite a bit with a better online system otherwise they are fine.
>>
>>341672378
Close enough.
>>
>>341672663
not really
>>
>>341671613
The fisher-price tablet was shit, even the Zelda director admitted it.
>>
File: Reggie-Fils-Aime-G3AR.jpg (67 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
Reggie-Fils-Aime-G3AR.jpg
67 KB, 600x300
>>341672508
>No retard, I think they should make money

Yup.

Shameless

And Pandering type

You're all the same.
>>
>>341671460
It has shit games even for a Nintendo console
>>
>>341672143
Why would you buy a PS4 to play these games, when you could buy a Nintendo console and a PC and get to play 99% of all games per generation, for the best price?

>>341672463
More and better games than the PS4 and Xbox One. People just have bad taste. People even admit to superficial reasons for disliking the Wii U, like "the controller reminds me of a smartphone", and "I care about graphics on consoles".
>>
>>341670149
>Nintendo failed to outsell the competition, those were also the gens where Nintendo's home console was more powerful.

What? N64? GameCube?

N64 beat Saturn for 2nd place in all territories but Japan and it had a helluva lot better 3rd party support than Wii and Wii U combined.

As for GameCube, it didn't fare too badly. It's just that PlayStation established its brand/trust to the point people would hold out for a PS2 port if given the chance. GameCube was still powerful enough to get ports, it's just that its competitors transitioned to DVD-ROMs when they thought CD would be the hurdle to overcome.

Wii U was not and never has been the most powerful of its generation if that's what you're insinuating. It failed because brand confusion and developer grievances about the hardware.

SNES was better than Genesis in some aspects, however and ended up in a tie as far as sales are concerned.
>>
I actually quite like the Wii U and the gamepad, too. This entire console generation was a fucking embarrassment across the board for every company, so it being the cheapest "we have friends over" and Netflix machine is the best option
>>
>>341672824
>literally admits that he thinks a company making money is evil
I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. Every company's goal is to make a profit. Every single one.
>>
Reggie's simply stating his stance of what Nintendo focuses on

You guys have to keep in mind that Nintendo is still using a Modern chip on the same level of PS4 and Xbone
>>
>>341672759
Miyamoto said Super Mario World was better than Super Mario Bros. 3, does that mean I also have to agree with that? After all, Miyamoto said it.

The fact of the matter is, the Wii U pad works well in games like Zelda games, Splatoon, Mario Maker, etc.
>>
>>341660965
Even if Nintendo did make a high powered console it wouldn't make a difference. They know this and that is why they don't bother.
>>
>>341666306
The biggest fuck-up in going PPC is that they really screwed themselves out of getting AAA ports, to the point where Nintendo was lucky just to get 360 and PS3 ports, and even then, ME3 and Arkham City proved that even those were pushing it. The porting process to PPC calls for competency that no producer is gonna waste on an underpowered port to a Nintendo system out of your demographic

The Gamecube was kinda lucky in that regard though, the PS2 was a nightmare to develop for in comparison, while the GC's Radeon-based GPU was basically a baby Radeon and familiar to devs, so while the PS2 usually got shitty multiplats, GC multiplats looked good and played smooth, some even better than those on the Xbox
>>
>>341673031
>literally admits that he thinks a company making money is evil

Cool story, bro.

You remind me of a guy that recently tried to advocate for companies to abandon the "loss leader" strategy by spinning it as a pro-consumer move.

I know I know. Hard to believe right? But I screencapped it. I have proof!
>>
File: 1465462360250.jpg (178 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1465462360250.jpg
178 KB, 1280x720
>>341672865
Because my salary is like 300$ per month and can only afford one of the things you mentioned. Not everyone that plays games can afford every console or an expensive pc
>>
>>341672865
>everyone but me is wrong!
>>
>>341673328
It wouldn't make a difference because they want all their games look like generic, cel-shaded, vaseline filtered shit
>>
>>341673209
From the very beginning that gimmick of a controller has been the Wii U's handicap. Scaring off developers and being the laughing stock of the industry.
>>
>>341672865
I agree with your ideas about consoles but most of the "gamer" market nowadays are just LP-ers,dudebros or underage kids who just
>want to just make money and don't give a shit about games
>only buy the next popular thing and put throw it in the trash 2 weeks later
>little shits that only care about graphics
And the only "true gamers" left are either poor or are just few.
Face it,Nintendo has to change and get in line with Sony and Microsoft to make some money
>>
File: 1454447404170.png (129 KB, 311x236) Image search: [Google]
1454447404170.png
129 KB, 311x236
>>341662659
>>341663538
>>341664471
>>341664285
>>341667298
>>341671485
>>341668531

You're a fucking idiot if you actually think Reggie know anything about the NX or what kind of specs is has.
>>
>>341669558
>software unites selling more than hardware units
This is it, I'm going home. Thanks Nintendo for your effort to bring back the lost enjoyment but I think we had enough, don't you think?
>>
>>341672905
>Wii U was not and never has been the most powerful of its generation if that's what you're insinuating.
No, I'm pointing out that it's an exception to the rule. It's the one time the cheap, weak console with the most games didn't sell the best.
>It failed because brand confusion
I think you're referring to the name of the console, leading people to believe that it's just an add-on for the Wii U or something? I don't really buy this idea that people are this stupid. There's no way they can be that stupid, they'd have to make a conscious effort to dumb themselves down and lower their IQ.

I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they're not stupid, they just have really bad taste and don't realize how hypocritical they are. That's why they insist that Nintendo needs stronger consoles, while buying the weakest console almost every gen. Or "Oh no, the Wii U pad reminds me of a smartphone, this is bad." These silly ideas caused them to buy a shittier, toned down PC (PS4 / Xbox One) and miss out on a ton of great games. If people were going to break the pattern of the weak, cheap, game driven console selling the best, this was not the gen to do it in.
>and developer grievances about the hardware.
I don't know if this really matters, because Nintendo is known for their first party titles, plus the Wii U really does have a lot of good games despite developers' issues with the console.
>>
>>341674216
This. NOJ keeps NOA and NOE in the dark about this kind of stuff.
>>
>>341673592
It wouldn't make a difference because Sony/Microsoft already dominate that market. They're too late.
>>
>>341671694
Sorry, it's hard to determine tone on the internet.
>>
>>341674232
Here's your (You).
>>
>>341674374
>I don't really buy this idea that people are this stupid.

Clearly, you never worked in retail or tech support.
>>
>>341674216
/thread
>>
>>341672865
>the best price

Nintendo is the biggest group of Jews when it comes to pricing. Sure their hardware is slightly cheaper but their games literally never fucking go down in price because of their artificial demand for them. Fucking brawl still going for $30 8 goddamn years after release.

I dont give a shit about the rest of anything anyone is talking about here but don't ever try to insinuate Nintendo kike central.
>>
File: 1428049152066.png (188 KB, 660x863) Image search: [Google]
1428049152066.png
188 KB, 660x863
>>341673498
I started saving a ton of money on games when I built my first PC. The 2 main ways PC gaming actually saves you money, despite the higher initial cost, is cheaper games, and your PC replacing certain consoles each gen. For example, I chose to skip the Xbox One and PS4 this time, because I noticed that I'm not very interested in their exclusives, and if you look at pic related (although this is an old pic), you can see that most people who buy the PS4 are buying inferior $60 versions of games that are available on PC. So because I already own a PC, and I'm not interested in the PS4's exclusives, buying the PS4 would be a silly decision for me. It would be like paying $300 just to play inferior, more expensive versions of the same games that I could just get on Steam, and to be told what controller to use.

>Not everyone that plays games can afford every console
Oh trust me. I'm definitely not advocating for that. I think blindly purchasing every console every generation, just because one can afford to do so, is one of the stupidest things someone can do.
>>
File: kingec.png (174 KB, 297x345) Image search: [Google]
kingec.png
174 KB, 297x345
>>341669558
over 1 billion PS2 games were sold during its lifetime
>>
>>341673837
>I laughed at it so it must be wrong

>>341674130
>Face it,Nintendo has to change and get in line with Sony and Microsoft to make some money
I don't know if that would actually work for them though. What's going to restore Nintendo's image in the eyes of Sony and Microsoft fans? I doubt there's anything they can do to win them over, and appealing to those people may just turn off even more of their longtime fans.
>>
>>341676268
>Thumbnail makes it look like he's got a big nose and a pushbroom moustache.
>>
>>341674374
>I don't really buy this idea that people are this stupid
what >>341675257 said
having worked in both and still do (cellphone and computer repair store) i can assure you that people are in fact this fucking retarded
every day we get people who are confused that their $900 phone needs a $300 screen replacement
>>
>>341675257
>>341676668
Are people so dumb that the name "Wii U" would literally confuse and bewilder them so much, that they'd just assume that it's clearly an add-on to the Wii and not do any further research though? And by "research" I mean it literally takes 2 seconds to type "google.com" and then "Wii U" and enter. Are people really that stupid and lazy?
>>
>>341677502
yes they are. i even have (normie) friends who thought the wii u was just the gamepad and it would hook up to the wii
>>
>>341667806
It was mostly a marketing flop, most people didn't know it was a new console or didn't even hear about it.
>>
>>341662492
>but less powerful than its contemporaries for the third generation in a row

Every time this becomes less of a problem, though.
>>
>>341662492
The original Wii was weaker than the original Xbox by a significant margin. The original Xbox could run games in HD and had a whole host of technical features that the Wii couldn't even scratch.
>>
>>341677502
Yeah, actually. The average consumer may work hard for their money, but researching a product or a service is often beneath them. You'll have moments like them arguing their coupons should be honored for the wrong store chain or suing over terms the fine print already covered.

Hell, I once dealt with a lady who thought the fucking sky was falling and railed me about how she has more imporant things to do because no one could be fucked learn the iPad kiosk password was 1234.

People are not bright and that is one of the hardest things to grasp when you deal with the common folk. Adult or not.
>>
>>341672143
>Why would I want to buy Mario maker when I can just create my own levels in the Little big planet games?

Because littlebigplanet is shit.

You're only saying that because you don't like platformers, so to you they're all functionally equivalent. They're not.
>>
File: Regigigas.jpg (99 KB, 439x301) Image search: [Google]
Regigigas.jpg
99 KB, 439x301
>>341663671
Exactly. Reggie isn't allowed to say anything about the specs yet, so he gave a PR non-answer.
>>
>>341672905

Wii U has a better graphics chip and more RAM than PS3 or 360.

It's CPU is weird, but not necessarily less powerful. It might be in some ways but a colleague of mine worked for a U dev and had to break in a Wii U dev kit, i.e. run their benchmark tests on it. He said Wii U ran their physics benchmarks better than PS3 or 360 without any optimisation and the other builds were already optimised.

Course there wad that one Metro dev that said Wii U's CPU sucked but, but it's plausible it was just an architecture they wren't used to.
>>
>>341673209

>Miyamoto said Super Mario World was better than Super Mario Bros. 3

Weird, I could've sworn he said it was unfinished and rushed.
>>
>>341669558
wow, the Wii got close to selling a billion games

regardless of what you think of the Wii, that's pretty impressive
>>
>>341680224
>Miyamoto said Super Mario World was better than Super Mario Bros. 3

>Weird, I could've sworn he said it was unfinished and rushed.

why can't it be both?
>>
>>341680095
>Wii U has a better graphics chip and more RAM than PS3 or 360.

On paper. While those two systems were on their way out the door.

That's like saying Dreamcast brought the PlayStation to its knees when really it released 2 years before PS2 and 3 before GameCube in Japan
>>
NX just needs to do good 1080p gaming. Not that hard these days.

Nobody has a 4k TV and nobody is going to program 4k games seeing how even a $600 gpu has a hard time with 4k games.
>>
>>341677502
>normies easily confused by shitty marketing and shitty name
>(you) easily confused by normie behavior and basic marketing principles

the irony is astounding here
>>
>>341660965
The Wii U would be easier to stomach if it acted as a native Gamecube. You shouldn't have to go into Wii mode, which even then requires modding.
>>
>>341663538
>>341671485
point and laugh at the consolewar fags
>>
>>341680095
The Wii U had a tough road ahead of it as a "tweener" console. The only successful tweener I can think of in the modern industry [i.e. NES - present] was the PC-Engine/TurboGrafx16 and that came out ~4 years after the Famicom and like 2-3 years before the Geneis/SNES.

Wii U came on pretty late for an in between system.
>>
>>341681074
>Nobody has a 4KTV

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves. The real issue is that rendering a game for 4K in a Laptop-tier GPU PROBABLY isn't going to be as sweet as everyone wants it to be.
>>
>>341671478
Yeah, I got my value out of the WiiU, but I suspect I won't give a shit about the NX, which is a first.

I'm basically out of the console game altogether now, finally built a PC.
>>
File: NierA 6.webm (3 MB, 710x400) Image search: [Google]
NierA 6.webm
3 MB, 710x400
>>341667298
>but put more and better games on it
>more
>better

HAAAHAHhahaha
Oh man, I can't wait to compile PS4's 2016 and Q1 2017 release schedule
>>
>>341681075
It's not ironic, I'm just projecting. I can't fucking believe people are that stupid. Part of me will never be able to accept it.

It's not even necessarily that I'm smarter than these people, it's just that when I'm passionate about something, in the same way I love to play video games, I do a lot of research and I make sure I know what I'm buying. I would NEVER hear the words "Wii U" and just instantly go "Oh, that must be an add-on for the Wii". If I didn't already know what the Wii U is, I would wonder, is this a home console? Is this a handheld? Is this some sort of add-on for the Wii? What sort of games will this thing have? What kind of controller does it use? etc.

I also feel like it's a copout for the Wii U's failure. Maybe people really did look at this console and choose to skip out on it, knowing what it was. Can they really be so fucking dumb that they didn't buy it because they didn't understand that it was a whole new console and not just a Wii add-on? I just can't believe more than a few hundred people actually did that.
>>
File: PS1.jpg (2 MB, 956x4916) Image search: [Google]
PS1.jpg
2 MB, 956x4916
>>341670656
you ARE aware the PS1 sold over 100million, right?
you ARE aware it was the reason almost every 3rd party jumped ship to Sony and didn't leave ever since, right?
>>
>>341684947
this is the first time ive ever seen anyone actually post nier gameplay, for several months i had no idea what kind of game it even was despite all the threads. it was always just photos of that guy in the mask
>>
File: 1392618267680.jpg (44 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1392618267680.jpg
44 KB, 250x250
>>341685202
yeah i am aware
which is why i said it was weird
fucking retard
>>
>>341684947
>people complain about how barren Zelda looks
I think the downgrade is shitty, but there's a reason Zelda's winning the E3 polls.
>>
>>341685202
The only game that still stands up on that list is Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and FF7, but FF7 is available on platforms other than the PS1.

Also, developers abandoning Nintendo didn't do much, because Nintendo still makes some of the best games out there. I would say they alone have made 1/3rd of all the best games out there. That's one developer, making 1/3rd of all the best games. That's how good they are.
>>
File: NierA 4.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
NierA 4.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>341685514
>guy

>>341685621
If you're refering to how empty the webm looks, they literally teleported to that location and used a debug mode to spawn in enemies, it was no more than a combat testing area for presenting the combat
>>
>>341662659
You guys are forgetting that Reggie isn't a reliable source of insight. Remember that time he said the Wii (not the Wii U, the fucking Revolution) had graphics that would blow you away?

If you wanna find something to excuse your worries about the NX, go look at what Ubisoft said. The fact that Just Dance 4 is the ONLY new game announced at E3 releasing on the NX is what's really concerning.

Basically, what >>341674216 said.
>>
File: GB3 4.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
GB3 4.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>341685793
Why bother giving a serious reply to a bitter delusional fanboy like you? At least make it less obvious if you want to start a back and forth conversation.
>>
>>341686171
>literally comes on here and starts making anti-Nintendo, pro-Sony posts
>but other people are the delusional fanboys
Go fuck yourself retard.
>>
File: 090416-1.jpg (95 KB, 800x743) Image search: [Google]
090416-1.jpg
95 KB, 800x743
>>341686171
i want to became a gundam...
>>
>>341671478
>since I know I probably won't enjoy it.
What, you don't like Persona?
>>
>>341685621
>E3 polls
You mean social media mentioning Zelda more than any other game? Because E3 doesn't have polls and a lot of the mentions are crying over no girl Link/
>>
File: 420.jpg (49 KB, 576x576) Image search: [Google]
420.jpg
49 KB, 576x576
>>341686278
I simply stated 2 unbiased facts, that PS1 sold over 100m and that a lot of devs jumped ship

You reply back with
>I'm going to shit on at least 20 classics that clearly hold up today
>d-doesn't matter either way
>nintendo makes 1/3 of all game that c-count
>they are THAT good

My post had nothing pro-Sony in it. It's like saying a pear falls due to gravity and being called a pear-fanboy or gravity-fanboy. I don't even own a Sony system since buying a PSP on a whim 7 years ago and barely using it outside MonsterHunter, my only other sony system being the PS1. Sorry you feel that way, anon.
>>
>>341670656
hardly anyone had a PS1 until 98 and then by 2000 litrally everyone had one.

MGS FF7 Silent Hill the hype was out of control
>>
>>341671340
>just stick to making games for other platforms.
I found the no games sonygger
Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.