[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Game Collecting Tips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Games.jpg (126 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Games.jpg
126 KB, 960x720
To the collectors, what rules do you use in deciding what to get next? Do you just wait for chance, hunt it down? How do you figure out what will go up the fastest?

Collect GBA mostly, want to start on DS.

Shitty old photo of my GBA set related.
>>
>>341654513
There's pretty much no game (from before the current generation) you can't find SOMEWHERE for under $5-$10, buy everything cheap if you're not in a rush.
>>
>>341655123
Any good buy sites? Goodwill/thrift stores/yard sales are a given, but are there any little known sale sites?
>>
>>341656227
I use Ebay personally. You have to be careful to make sure the games are in good condition so you have to do a lot of digging. Rare games are pretty expensive so I try to find rare games at thrift stores and yard sales if I can.
>>
>>341657445
I avoid ebay pretty often. Too many bootlegs in circulation. Even if you can identify the cart in the photo as legit, it's often not the one you receive anyway.
>>
>>341658356
Well ebay is more in favor of the buyer. But if you can't deal with that then the next best thing is to check out gamestop for DS games.
>>
>>341658356
Thats true. Thats why I avoid rare games. I mostly buy the popular games I need to fill in the collection.
>>
>>341655123
Cool, mind telling me where you can find little samson and panzer dragoon saga for $5-10? I would love to know.
>>
>>341654513
>>341654513
only collect physical games you actually want to replay. Otherwise you could always emulate
>>
>>341659767
Some yard sale or garage sale somewhere.

Some mom and pop store somewhere.

The deals are out there, but they won't come to you.
>>
>>341660767
You will never realistically find those games for that cheap, collecting retro games is very popular and competitive today making deals on any game difficult. If you honestly think mom and pop stores and flea market vendors don't price using ebay you know nothing about collecting games.
>>
File: 1466036224604.jpg (78 KB, 640x628) Image search: [Google]
1466036224604.jpg
78 KB, 640x628
>tfw everyone throws away their ds/dsi/3ds cases, making it a pain in the ass to fucking collect any.
>>
>>341654513
I only collect games I like so I'll pay any reasonable price for them(original retail price or less)
>>
>>341661229
>You will never realistically find those games for that cheap
That attitude is why you never will. You expect the deals to come to you when you have to go find them just like you always have.

>collecting retro games is very popular and competitive today
I realize this. I've been collecting for years.

>making deals on any game difficult.
Depends on the game. Just because it can be hard doesn't mean that it's impossible.

>If you honestly think mom and pop stores and flea market vendors don't price using ebay you know nothing about collecting games.
Not the issue. There are mom and pop stores that don't know what they have, just like there are garage/yard sales where the people don't know what they have.
>>
>>341662647
That's what I do as well.
>>
>>341662732
Dude you won't find shit like mr.gimmick or little samson for below theur average price, you absolutely just wouldn't. I'm done now, if your honestly this delusional that you believe you can still regularly get games at reasonable prices I hope you emulate as you're never going to find much but shovelware for $5-10.
>>
>>341663505
>Dude you won't find shit like mr.gimmick
Gimmick! was only released in Japan and Scandinavia, so no matter what it's an unusual sight in the U.S.

That doesn't mean it's impossible to find the game cheap. There might be a woman in Japan right now who's selling her dead son's copy of Gimmick! at a yard sale.

>or little samson for below theur average price
You might. There could be several copies in attics right now that no one will know about until they're in garage/yard sales.

>if your honestly this delusional that you believe you can still regularly get games at reasonable prices
Read my post. Just because it may be difficult to find a game for a reasonable price, doesn't mean it's impossible. Persistence pays off.

>I hope you emulate as you're never going to find much but shovelware for $5-10.
There are plenty of great video games in that price point.

For the NES alone: Rad Racer, Captain Skyhawk, Legacy of the Wizard, Batman, StarTropics, Tetris, Bionic Commando, R.C. Pro-AM, Little Nemo, Blaster Master, Faxanadu, and Ninja Gaiden. That's just a handful.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.